test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• Options
    zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    A combat hr will have trouble against an skilled gf. Also will have trouble closing in on a repel happy CW.
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @amenar

About new melee HR.
    Is very good in PvP. No CC, but good damage.

Had 5-10min and more time 1v1 vs GF\TR And now all can kill each other.

Trapper still has no damage on PvP - can you change this?
    Archery has increased damage, but is still low.

This about tr and gf damage. -> and DC QoL:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXDgNEQiWg

HR (melee too) + tr\gf can't kill DC. NEVER!

So, melee is good now. Trapper and Archery need more damage. In PvP
    Trapper in PvE has decreased damage because of changed SotF. It's really bad=( You told that you do not want to nerf HR?
    Archery and melee are more better now in pve. Thx.

P.S.: still no improvements for trapper in pvp and pve, just a lot of little nerfs. Don't do this!

• Options
    edited August 2016

A combat hr will have trouble against an skilled gf. Also will have trouble closing in on a repel happy CW.

@amenar
    1.5-2s of repel cd... is not a joke=(
  • Options

Those piercing blades HRs in the past were just brutal, they ate half of your HP bar (30K-40k then) in a couple of hits, HRs were the most hated class in pvp as now GFs/TRs, cant believe devs are going to bring this again.

Combat HR was then erased from pvp when the piercing damage and wilds medicine were nerfed, if i remember it right.

Shadowy opportunity (piercing damage) was hitting for 12k with buffs, then it was fixed cuz TRs were melting ppl with Cloud of steel, same will happen with PB.

Dont ask for buffs that you know will end in a miserable nerf for your class later.

New time - new balance.
    Before we did not have so much healing.
  • Options
    krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I got an idea that came from the reworked Aspect of the Falcon:
    • Aspect of the Falcon: Now also increases your Ranged powers damage based on the distance to your target. Damage is increased by 1% for every 5'away you are from your target.
    @amenar

We could rework the useless Battlehoned to:

Aspect of the Spider: Now also increases your Melee power damage based on the narrowed distance to your target. Damage is increased by 1,5% for every 3' getting closer to the target.
    (Starting within 20' far away) and every rank adds 2,5' (means starting within 30' far away) at rank 4
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @amenar
    I got an idea coming up from AotF rework:
    • Aspect of the Falcon: Now also increases your Ranged powers damage based on the distance to your target. Damage is increased by 1% for every 5' away you are from your target.
    to rework the total useless passive Battlehoned to:

Aspect of the Spider: Now also increases your Melee power damage based on the narrowed distance to the target. Damage is increased by 1,5% for every 3' closer you are from target. (Starting within 20' far away and adding 2,5' at every rank, that means within 30' at rank 4)
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I dont see a Trapper HR in the fight? All I see is a TR that throws dagger or SE while the DC is in divine shield... maybe that's why it takes so long? If GF activate ITF then bull charges the DC out of the shield, then use daily to lock the DC down, TR can do a quick SE and finish the fight pretty quickily... make sense...?

@amenar

About new melee HR.

Trapper in PvE has decreased damage because of changed SotF. It's really bad=( You told that you do not want to nerf HR?

P.S.: still no improvements for trapper in pvp and pve, just a lot of little nerfs. Don't do this!

Everyone has trouble closing with a repel happy CW, not just HR, but at least the CW wont have the chance of killing you
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    icyphish said:

I dont see a Trapper HR in the fight? All I see is a TR that throws dagger or SE while the DC is in divine shield... maybe that's why it takes so long? If GF activate ITF then bull charges the DC out of the shield, then use daily to lock the DC down, TR can do a quick SE and finish the fight pretty quickily... make sense...?

@amenar

About new melee HR.

Everyone has trouble closing with a repel happy CW, not just HR, but at least the CW wont have the chance of killing you
    There are best DC and best tr\gf -> i think they all know what to do.

For example any other dc can't live vs this 2. Just die in the begining of the battle.

About trapper - i just told that gf\tr+trapper can't kill dc.

So:
    @amenar
    Trapper do not have permadaze -> in foght vs BiS players. And trapper has no damage.

To @amenar
    If you want to balance class in pvp just ask really good players.
    For example -> i with my hr can permadaze noob GF -> but vs good player ill die anyway and there is no so much CC like all cry.

P.S: @icyphish some CW can kill good (fire mage in thau with some "mechanic" i do not know this is bug or no)
  • Options
    edited August 2016

For example -> i with my hr can permadaze noob GF -> but vs good player ill die anyway and there is no so much CC like all cry.

If you don´t know why u cannot permadaze any good players it´s simple cause they all use Elven Battle (and yes this enchantment is OP and need be toned down), and that you die anyway that´s part of PvP everyone is supposed to die sooner or later and not be invincible, it´s rather how long you can survive and that only depends how good everyone is :smile:
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    krondhor said:

If you don´t know why u cannot permadaze any good players it´s simple cause they all use Elven Battle (and yes this enchantment is OP and need be toned down), and that you die anyway that´s part of PvP everyone is supposed to die sooner or later and not be invincible, it´s rather how long you can survive and that only depends how good everyone is :smile:
    Good GF do not need to use EB ench. (yes with EB is better vs HR, but in general they do not use it)
    Just good using of the shield. You can catch him, but just 1 mistake and he will kill you.

TR has encounter that let him to ignore CC. And with hight amount of recovery he is on stealth or is visible but in ItC.

GWF has untop.

CW without EB has troubles, but his repel is very good.

OP -> nothing to say, i think all know situation.

SW -> atm there is no sw on pvp....

DC -> all use EB and has very OP shift that let them cast skills in immunity. And Divine shield.

What you can tell about this?

Just ask some top pvp players what they think about some things on pvp... but not "forum fighters"...
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Well your initial Post said "HR (melee too) + tr\gf can't kill DC. NEVER!", but there was no HR in the fight.

Also, are you on PC? cus I have not really seen those GF/TR/DC in PC's pvp...

and no, good GFs uses Elven, cus CC is the only thing that kills them, they block really well with shields and Elven helps them not being CCed and combo rotated. This is whats happening on PC...

icyphish said:

@amenar

About new melee HR.

For example any other dc can't live vs this 2. Just die in the begining of the battle.

So:
    @amenar
    Trapper do not have permadaze -> in foght vs BiS players. And trapper has no damage.

To @amenar

P.S: @icyphish some CW can kill good (fire mage in thau with some "mechanic" i do not know this is bug or no)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    P.S:
    2day setup in pvp is something like this
    1dc 2 tr 1gf 1 hr

1dc 2 cw 2 tr

1dc 2 tr 1 gf 1cw

And hr in party is just for pointCC in time of SE.
    Thats all what can do this class in pvp now... is very sad...
  • Options
    icyphish said:

Well your initial Post said "HR (melee too) + tr\gf can't kill DC. NEVER!", but there was no HR in the fight.

Also, are you on PC? cus I have not really seen those GF/TR/DC in PC's pvp...

and no, good GFs uses Elven, cus CC is the only thing that kills them, they block really well with shields and Elven helps them not being CCed and combo rotated. This is whats happening on PC...

icyphish said:

@amenar

About new melee HR.

So:
    @amenar

To @amenar

drider server. yes pc.
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User

1) yes
    2) dont know
    3) yes, probably the release notes for m10
    4) yes, you can expect 1 and only 1 free respec token on live (at least this has been the case in the past)
    5) well, yes, aimed shot for itself provides some burst damage and a self buffed hawkshot seems to be quite impressive, at least when specd to full archer

Thank you

Really important that Cordon of Arrows crits outside of 50' it does not now on Xbox really needs to be fixed !!!

I will pass on any respec to Archer

• Options
    peri87peri87 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    @icyphish happy repel cws will not kill you maybe...but will win the pvp since killing is no more a requirement to win pvps...that stupid thing of infinite repel should be stopped
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    <font color="red">BUG: BITING SNARE without ancient roots is still not increasing thorned roots duration.
    i have been told but i have no way to check it right now or in the next days that elven battle is still reducing all thorned roots tick to 1.
    Please double check these two things.</font>

i even lost the rights to use colors now...oh well
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I went back checking the last ~15 pages and I want to pump up those I consider the better stuff said.

@ralexinor
    ralexinor said:

BUG: Hawkeye has strange interaction with the Dread Enchantment and Hawk Shot. Wearing the Dread Enchantment (and probably similar enchantments that give dots) causes Hawkeye to drop off for the HR using it. Example: I use Hawk Eye, swap stances to use Hawk Shot from 60'+ range, but Hawkeye doesn't proc. Hawkeye procs fine for Longstriders for example, but when using Hawk Shot from 60' or something, it seems not to proc. At less than 60' it seems to proc fine. I don't know if this is the exact bug case, because it's been quite annoying to determine it, but this is the best cause I've come up with so far
    EDIT: Okay, just tested with other skills. Hawk Shot is not procing skill effects such as Ambush and Hawkeye past the 60' range mark. At least certainly not with an enchantment equipped.

ralexinor said:

BUG: Cold Shoulder boon from Icewind Dale Campaign lasts 10 (maybe 20?) seconds and mitigates all attacks in the period by 2000 damage instead of just one hit. This causes classes like HRs to deal much lower damage during this period, even 0s since their base damage is fairly low.

ralexinor said:

BUG: Wearing an Elven Battle enchantment shortens the duration of the class feature Pathfinder's Action by 80%.

ralexinor said:

FEEDBACK: Can we have cc and damage immunity on Marauder's Rush and Marauder's Escape, and possibly a CC break on Marauder's Escape?

@rayrdan
    rayrdan said:

BUG: THORNED ROOTS IS NOT LASTING FOR FULL DURATION WHEN MASTER TRAPPER IS ACTIVE.
    to replicate the bug proc master trapper and use thorned root (costricting arrow for example). I do not have ANCIENT ROOTS. Damage x tick seems reduced too.
    Works fine but with reduced damage taking ANCIENT ROOTS.

The bug could be related to different feats choice setup

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13k3iii:1uu0u00:1000000:1uu50z1&h=0&p=swd&o=0

Resulting ticks: 4

When using these other feats:

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13k3iii:1000000:1000000:1uu5zzv&h=0&p=swd&o=0

Resulting ticks: 11 as expected

EDIT BUG: BITING SNARE without ancient roots is still not increasing thorned roots duration.

@macjae
    macjae said:

FEEDBACK: Boar Charge has an annoying stun/animation lock at the end of the animation; this should be removed. Basically, after using Boar Charge, the HR seems to be stunned and unable to act, which really reduces how much you get out of the power. If it's an animation issue that can't be readily fixed, slightly increasing the duration of the prone to help might be an option.

@aaramis75
    aaramis75 said:

FEEDBACK: Bear Trap Increase radius of Bear Trap to the same size as most other AoEs, centered initially on the HR so if you're already in combat you don't have to aim - you can just drop it.

aaramis75 said:

FEEDBACK: Please consider reviewing the artifact powers. With the changes to some of the powers, some of the artifact boosts are no longer practical. And some haven't been useful for a long, long time anyways...
    Offhand -> Aspect of the Falcon. 70' seems downright silly. Few people would sit at this range as you'd be out of range for most buffs, combat advantage (if using Pack), and so on. Maybe reconsider this to something a bit more practical? Similarly, Battlehoned (+100 regen) and Stormstep (+150 recovery) are both pretty weak and could use buffing and/or replacing

@krondhor
    krondhor said:

FEEDBACK: I suggest to change Fluid Hunter (which has become useless after Battle Crazed rework) have it provide 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% Movement which is what Combat tree is missing.

krondhor said:

Aspect of the Falcon: Now also increases your Ranged powers damage based on the distance to your target. Damage is increased by 1% for every 5' away you are from your target.

to rework the total useless passive Battlehoned to:

Aspect of the Spider: Now also increases your Melee power damage based on the narrowed distance to the target. Damage is increased by 1,5% for every 3' closer you are from target. (Starting within 20' far away and adding 2,5' at every rank, that means within 30' at rank 4)

Concerning Piercing Blade there are infinite debate, starting from remove it at the whole, to leave it as it is, reduce it, have it follow tenacity, etc. I will just quote my proposal here.
    krondhor said:

FEEDBACK: I think Piercing damage should be handled by a global procedure that could be something like this.

If Piercing is triggered then:

if opponent is a monster (PVE content) the power apply 100% damage.
    if opponent is another class (PvP content) the power apply 50% damage.
    if opponent is another class (PvP content) and the power trigger DOTs then apply 25% damage.

This way whenever a class has a Piercing feature, the power triggered goes trough the above principle, which should be fair for all classes and situations.

and my last questions goes to @amenar do we have any news in some of those subjects? and will be there a last build to come in preview for us to test before Module 10 goes live?
    Post edited by krondhor on
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Piercing is piercing so it should pierce so should i just quote my sugestion on that so i get it to be read more often? Because i disagree with how you propose it to work. And abou aspect of the falcon it has already been changed to that.

Beside this you"re quoting sugestions that were given since the begining of this thread 19000000 times, boar charge was spoken of at least 10 times, next time you want to do something similar to this mention that you are suming the chages you think should be touched in the game that other people have brought up without specifying anyone.

• Options
    @krondhor leave piercing alone...

i don't saw nothing OP in 1v1 pvp 4k HR vs 4k AnyOtherPvpPlayer
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Piercing is piercing so it should pierce so should i just quote my sugestion on that so i get it to be read more often? Because i disagree with how you propose it to work. And abou aspect of the falcon it has already been changed to that.

Beside this you"re quoting sugestions that were given since the begining of this thread 19000000 times, boar charge was spoken of at least 10 times, next time you want to do something similar to this mention that you are suming the chages you think should be touched in the game that other people have brought up without specifying anyone.

Start learn to read first of all, I didn´t said anything about AotF to be changed, I used it as example since it brought me up an idea how to change Battlehoned with what I suggested as next.
    What I did was pump up all the good things ppl said, quoting them and gave them full credit, so next time read closely, before speak for nothing.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Well, dear Developers,

Today, I played one of my Guardian Fighters for the first time. He had 2560 Power stat and a level 61 rare weapon in his hand.
    His unbuffed at-wills were showing 2000 to 2500 damage and with buffs from conqueror capstone and Into the Fray, they were like 4000. Not talking about them being able to mark anybody they want, defend themselves with shield and 1 shot mobs with only 1 encounter. Seriously sometimes I don't even have to use mark of Weapon Master's Strike for debuffs to one shot mobs. Ohh ohh not to mention that they can get a flat %10 damage buff (without feat buffs) for 15 seconds when they are hit, yet we as Hunter Rangers have to stand behind mobs to get our damage bonus, or try to give damage to multiple mobs with most of powers not even working with them. I also saw that many classes in this game has Buffs to their encounters and Dailies(besides paragon feats) in their feat trees, yet I can't see one for my puny HR. Ohh ohh, again without buff and with a level 61 weapon and only 2.500 power stat, they have more damage in their encounter slots. My ridicolous HR has only 7k damage at his Constricting Arrow with 17k Power and that noob GF has more at his Lunging Strike. The only thing GF lacked was an AoE power, yet the dailies and Weapon Master's Strike close the gap reaaaaaaallly good.

I wish I didn't play that GF today, cuz now I have no respect for my Hunter Ranger. Tyvm.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

krondhor said:

Start learn to read first of all, I didn´t said anything about AotF to be changed, I used it as example since it brought me up an idea how to change Battlehoned with what I suggested as next.
    What I did was pump up all the good things ppl said, quoting them and gave them full credit, so next time read closely, before speak for nothing.
    Oh nice you gave them full credit for things other people said before them, that seems very similar to media today, nice work. (sarcasm) so maybe you should be the one to read if you want to give full credit to someone then i dont disagree as long as you read all the posts behind and find out who originally mentioned it and give full credit to that person.

And dont flatter yourself my written english is close to garbage but "having a idea coming up from" is not one most used terms i ever heard put how you did.
    And aspect of the spider? Do you find befitting a pathfinder: "I can find us a path through the maze of horror, and I can safely lead us to the other side." having a rework with aditional damage on close range inteded while all pathfinder needs is a decent at-will?
    I quoted the original owners who submitted the bug as first poster, so the credit is at right place, I don´t need give credz for other ppl repeating the same concept using different words.
    Second I didn´t commented your english as being good or bad, mine isn't any better since its not my primary language, I told, you haven't readed what I said, since it's clear that you missunderstood completly what I wrote telling me that I was talking about AotF to be changed to what is it already (funny); and me bringing up a suggestion how to change Battlehoned to something better (as it is utterly useless atm) working similar way as AotF (that helps ranged combat) Aspect of the Spider could do the same but this time helping melee combat, it helps to obtain diversification building wise, but seems all too complicated for you to understand.
    If you like or not my suggestion is irrilevant, I still bring up ideas, rather spend my time in blame and moan others, as we had enough of those here already.

GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Seeing the dead silence, I guess they're done with class balance. Even with all the time left. Pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Seeing the dead silence, I guess they're done with class balance. Even with all the time left. Pretty disappointing.

My guess is the devs are doing internal testing to see how PB performs and interacts with other powers and buffs etc. Hopefully @amenar will provide an update soon.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm holding out some hope that they implement @ralexinor's suggestion for changes to PB to make it work in both pvp and pve. Otherwise, we're left with an archery tree that almost works in pve, two trees that don't work in pvp and a combat tree that's useless in pve but a no-skill joke like GF or TR in pvp.

The answer to this was always large increases in base damage and small changes to the buff feats and powers, together with re-doing a few animations to make them useful in pvp.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I'm holding out some hope that they implement @ralexinor's suggestion for changes to PB to make it work in both pvp and pve. Otherwise, we're left with an archery tree that almost works in pve, two trees that don't work in pvp and a combat tree that's useless in pve but a no-skill joke like GF or TR in pvp.

The answer to this was always large increases in base damage and small changes to the buff feats and powers, together with re-doing a few animations to make them useful in pvp.

All that's going to happen is that people are going to cry, and continue to cry until they buckle under the pressure and end up nerfing combat back into a state it found itself in multiple modules back!

Combat doesn't need piercing damage, no class does. What combat is lacking is a capstone that's unfriendly for pvp, and several powers with incredibly laughable damage, and no speed buff, if it even needs it with a regen feat.

18k bull charge, vs a 4k boar charge(which wasn't fixed yet!). It's not rocket science.

@amenar And flurry not activating UNTIL you use your at-will. Pretty much solves all the problems with flurry activating too early with many powers, and benefits pvp. It's already coded in a similar way the OP's light capstone functions. Trigger buff by X means, and gain a charge, and consume charge and activate effect by X means.

There shouldn't be such a thing as a pvp path. Why not give other classes a pvp path with piercing damage? Because it's ridiculous for one thing.

We all know TR's SE is going to get hammered sooner or later. But we have crybabies that won't let it go. All SE needs is a massive non-piercing DPS boost for every % of health missing from a player. It'll make SE work for pvp and pve.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I think that new mod take precedence over all and if no patch notes for tomorrow we are considered balanced for now. some of the other areas feel dev are done per hints they got from dev
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User

rayrdan said:

flowcyto said:

I dunno, my Trapper is still bulldozing on the shard as he is on live *shrug*.

I mean, not to say I support nerfs to the Trapper (I generally don't), but it'd take multiple drastic changes to make it not viable, imo. I don't think its healthy to catastrophize, but I do want the shard to be updated soon. HRs are in a precarious state there atm, and if it were to go live as is it wouldn't be grand. It sucks not being able to test many of the significant changes yet :/

I guess we should also clarify what we mean by boosting 'base' damage, since according to the devs, apparently 'base' means some sort of early/additive layer and not a final dmg boost (ex. 67% base buff to various attacks only translating to a <10% final dmg boost). I consider that a bit odd, since in other games 'base dmg' often translates to a total dmg boost (10% more 'base' = 10% more dmg, before resists are considered).</p>

thats another thing i cant understand. Math is math but they seems to apply some strange rule. A 67% base damage boost should traslate in AT LEAST a 67% more damage from that single skill which should still be the same regardless the gear of the player since power buff is just a multiplicative factor.
    ^^^^^
    I have seen this several times.. how does this make any sense.. isnt a 67% damage boost just apply linearly or do the code it so once it its a certain bonus range on your tooltip it starts going down.. so the stronger you get individually on stats, the weaker the encounter will buff itself?

That seems like pretty complex coding to do. So can someone explain to me how they could actually do this.

Because this make no sense at all. I understand the need to put in damage caps.. (heck ive been calling for some sort of GF damage cap for high end for months, I didnt really want to see a massive rework of that class, just remove some of the craziness of the 18 million hits and stuff)

It sounds like the usual Cryptic Math (tm). They probably use multiple layers for the dmg formula (not counting resists). I don't know what the theorycraft is like here, but in Champions Online the lowest (here 'base') layer has a built-in diminished return, such that a 50% listed dmg boost in that layer only amounts to a ~5-10% final dmg boost w/ good gear at high level. We usually call that earliest layer the 'damage strength' or the 'passive dmg' layer to distinguish it, since in that game 'base dmg' does actually mean it affects all dmg modifiers (so 10% base = 10% more dmg total there).

In NW, that early layer may not have a built-in DR (in CO its deliberately imposed), but I assume when they mean 'base dmg boost' that they aren't also multiplying it into weapon dmg or Power's effects, as that could explain why 'base dmg' gets dwarfed once ya get good gear/stats. It will mean that lowbie HRs will be hitting much harder w/ those powers, so yay I guess? :p
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Swiftness procs with at-will now? I guess you guys really do hate to see people playing combat/archery.
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    this is completely off topic but @amenar i would like to address the fact that we can no longer get the full dusk set anymore. as i was looking in the zen store for the footwear and it was no were to be seen.
This discussion has been closed.