What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• Options
    peri87peri87 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Your feedback will just put hr combat in a spot where you are a can with no dmg and useless...if anything needs to be done be it piercing damage cannot be buffed by external sources. And lol on preview are testing nox arcana rookz ripper hero so yeah a lot of bis hr actually...
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    forums700 said:

One change I would really like to see is a cosmetic one. Please consider removing the awkward hunched-over run from Fox Shift so we are in the normal melee stance after using this encounter. I think it looks ridiculous and can't stand it, and I would be interested to hear from others if they would miss it.
    Thanks.

No! I love that ninja-style sprint on my Combat HR. And now I know where it comes from, thank you. I would actually take that anmation over GWF or SW sprint if it was changed from dodge.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    metalldjt said:

@amenar

a combat HR is not at all that squishy, he mitigates alot of damage even with 50% deflect, he also heals from Wild Medicine and Meditation, besides the usual other stuff as other classes, and his attacks + dots are all the time on you, while it's true is not the same as Trapper, they can still use rotations quite frequently with ease.

Oh come on. The Combat HR on preview is nowhere near the gods that ran around in Mods 3 and 4. Our survivability is terrible compared with back then when Regen worked in combat as well. Only if you stack all Deflect on gear and artifacts and use Aspect of the Lone Wolf you can reach 50% Deflect and then you're doing it at the expense of other stats, Crit being one of them. Also you lose out on a potentially better class feature as well. Sorry I don't buy your shenanigans,
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    macjae said:

marnival said:

One missed deflect, one cc from anything more or less = dead Hr so what are you gapping about looking at the numbers you are putting out with far better survivabiliy and cc + cc escapes.

Considering that Combat HRs will be running with extremely high deflection chances, missing more than once in a row isn't going to happen often. And cc? Elven Battle and Oghma's both still exist. Beyond that, there's obviously other survival tools like Wilds Medicine, which was just doubled in potency in PvP along with this change.

Combat HRs are very, very far from being squishy. They may not be broken in terms of survival tools like TRs are, but they also aren't easy kills.
    You might be right but until we hit live and final changes are made we can never be 100% sure.

Now Tr and Gf will still put out 1 rotate kills while being far harder to kill, and unless something changed the will be able to do it with a lot higher accuracy as they have far better tools when it comes to cc or suprice attacks.

Further more pvp in NW are as good as dead hanging on by a few bis players ego to show of or hunt pugs, nerfing what dps combat has will most likely just kill that path in pve..

(As a side note piercing dam in pvp is about the hardest thing of all to balance as it negates just about everything that are ment to create balance, hence the very concept of using piercing dam in pvp is doomed to create trouble)..
  • Options
    van1kvan1k Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    kaudilho said:

What build you were running in mod4?

I was playing melee build ofc, and i remember this broken total hr domination. But there wasnt so much resistance in PvP like today. So now piercing damage much more effective then it was in mod4. If we take into account other changes of melee tree - last feat buff for example - potentian of new piercing damage looks like a joke.

• Options
    van1k said:

kaudilho said:

What build you were running in mod4?

I was playing melee build ofc, and i remember this broken total hr domination. But there wasnt so much resistance in PvP like today. So now piercing damage much more effective then it was in mod4. If we take into account other changes of melee tree - last feat buff for example - potentian of new piercing damage looks like a joke.

@van1k is correct. HRs were combining PB with Greater Red Dragon glyphs back then which added more piercing damage to each hit and were tearing the pvp community new ones. We got the Fox Shift nerf soon afterwards too IIRC, effectively neutering Combat.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Hey guys,

I have removed about a half dozen posts from the last few pages of this thread.

Please keep your feedback on topic and keep the arguing to a minimum. In fact it is better to state your opinions and why and completely ignore other people.

The debates on this topic are very much point of view and subjective and at the end of the day most of the bickering can not be proven one way or another no matter what so the debates really do just down out feedback with "is not" and "is too" posts.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    bug: the thorned root duration bug is not fixed yet
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I couldn't understand some of the things you said but ot's true PB+ PG it's not OP there are lots of ways to avoid damage in pvp , gf's will shield tr's itc and roll, sw's shift and heal, cw's dodge, dc's dodge above that there is also damage reductors on damage dealt like aura of despair, aura of thruth, we could also argue with control out target so he cant shift etc, but that's not much likely in combat. Keep the changes this is not too much, definitively.

• Options
    deathdealerseradeathdealersera Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    PG is the only thing that is actually giving HR the Undoubted Piercing Damage and killing folks. As soon as HR gets some viable damage, HAMSTER hits the fan.

You would ask me, how the hell are you saying that "HAMSTER is actually hitting the fan"?

Answer is simple. @metalldjt and @macjae both of whom don't play HRs have started asking for Severe limiters and started saying that HRs cannot be killed as they have survival.

Do you really think HR would win against a GF? Never in a million Years. 2v1 yes, considering the 2nd attacker is a Controller, trapper or oppressor.

I am not against the damage reduction of Plant Growth. But the base damage cannot be dealt with easily. PG already has a Limiter of 500% of Weapon damage, the root will break. If you nerf the damage of PG without buffing other powers this will cause the viable Combat build to go out the drain.

>>> At the moment, the limiter and internal cooldown is not the BEST idea.
    >>> If these ideas are taken into consideration, the FoTM would be again Trapper.

We need another way of fixing this up. Btw HRs can go upto 70% or over deflect considering they go with Armored Buellete for 4K deflect + Lone Wolf + Silvery R12s (4900 Deflect) + Insignia's with 200 deflect on them.

But remember one thing, You will beat the Combat HR if you gank them, 2v1 Clear the Combat, you win the Fight. Now you would argue, that Combat HR can stack up LS and HP. It's not possible. You have to go 1 path of the other.

There is no balance here, atleast not till now.

Melee damage Piercing is more of a problem with Blade Hurricane, which needs to be reduced or added a cooldown upon. The problem is the Flurry's which are forcing this huge amount of Melee damage to be piled up and making the at-wills hit Huge amounts.

But the only fix for this is to add about 2 to 5 seconds (only tests will reveal better values for the exact value), to bring it in-line with damage of Combat.

ACT logs are only Showing that Blade Hurricane is going upto 60% or over of all the damage. And PB with PG is not the Problem.

BLADE HURRICANE IS THE CULPRIT. It needs a modification which must first be DISCUSSED and then implemented.

Combat is back, and most HRs are happy. Combat will lose in 2v1 scenarios if CC is present. Considering CC can be removed from Deflect, HR combat is more like an exe tr who would need the mechanic of Stealth and must 1 rotate, or else its ALL OVER for him.

It's really annoying to see that everyone here starts bashing HRs and want limiting factors in terms of damage. If thats the case, then why shouldn't a GWF lose all his stacks after he bursts out his damage?

PS: I'm not insulting anyone here. Just merely stating an observation. Taking into account that you should be willing to Play HR to help it. Right now all I can see is that People are asking for mere nerfs of encounters without Viable Fixes. Limiting is just stupid.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

• Options
    van1k said:

I couldn't understand some of the things you said but ot's true PB+ PG it's not OP there are lots of ways to avoid damage in pvp , gf's will shield tr's itc and roll, sw's shift and heal, cw's dodge, dc's dodge above that there is also damage reductors on damage dealt like aura of despair, aura of thruth, we could also argue with control out target so he cant shift etc, but that's not much likely in combat. Keep the changes this is not too much, definitively.

This is definitely one of those ppl, who undersand nothing about PvP, and even didnt tested new PB at preview. :)
    BTW there is only one real way to avoid new melee tree damage = alt+f4.
    For those 20-25 people left that are pvping you ment....

Now if you have trouble with the combat Hr in pvp and can't avoid the dam I say you haven't been on preview.
    Sure it can be landed but if your only way is alt+f4 you seriously lack some skill.
    Now tell me what classes are you really playing ??its not hard to see that Hr isn't your main.....

Pvp used to be a part of NW with a regular quite large player base, this is not the case now..
    In fact pvp in NW atm can pretty much be ignored when it comes to adjustment.

Tr gf have wrecked pvp lately before that gwf tr etcetc it has always been some class standing out as overpowered (pal anybody).

It's not enough players that cares about pvp to put to much effort in what does what in pvp any more.
    And this is from someone that started this game for pvp and kept going to mod 7..
  • Options
    krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2016

We need another way of fixing this up. Btw HRs can go upto 70% or over deflect considering they go with Armored Buellete for 4K deflect + Lone Wolf + Silvery R12s (4900 Deflect) + Insignia's with 200 deflect on them.

Yes we should overall stop to think that everyone is BiS, how many for example can afford an Armored Bullete? perhaps 2-3% of the community, we need stop do maths based like everyone has 4.2k GS, so I can pretty much understand that many will never see certain values and do understand certain talks based on this.

We all for a moment should do a step back and point the finger to another root of the issue that afflict this game, which is the Queue system that is total screwed and unbalanced when it comes down to PVP, @amenar something we need have fixed is also a way that the queue system is levelled based on GS, to have for example: XXXX-2500|2501-3000|3001-3500|3501-YYYY fight each vs others that fit the appropiate GS level range, this would avoid many of the blaming, hate and hysteria we see every day in this game.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    @macjae
    I can see your point of view more clearly thanks to your detailed explaination and yes that would help tone it down a bit and still keep it viable for PvP.

But Post-mitigation would not be viable in killing CWs or SWs, that must be taken into account.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    there is already a limiter "40%".
    bring it up to 100% and then lets talk about limiters.
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2016

With specific rotation i was able to proc Piercing Blades 10 times in one second. QQs are about PvP because we're truely backing to the module 4.

Like @deathdealersera said it's a issue made by Blade Hurricane interaction in the most case. Forest ghost, rapid strikes and usage a fox and boar in good timing are other things why Piercing Blades proccing rapidly many times in short time.
    Post edited by hawkend on
  • Options
    zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    There are still long cool down times for combat.
  • Options
    State the rotation auriel pls
  • Options
    van1kvan1k Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    marnival said:

Now if you have trouble with the combat Hr in pvp and can't avoid the dam I say you haven't been on preview.
    Sure it can be landed but if your only way is alt+f4 you seriously lack some skill.
    Now tell me what classes are you really playing ??its not hard to see that Hr isn't your main.....

Pvp used to be a part of NW with a regular quite large player base, this is not the case now..

Tr gf have wrecked pvp lately before that gwf tr etcetc it has always been some class standing out as overpowered (pal anybody).

It's not enough players that cares about pvp to put to much effort in what does what in pvp any more.
    And this is from someone that started this game for pvp and kept going to mod 7..

Believe me, i know what iam talking about. My main is HR for 2 years. If u dont care what happens in PvP, so dont prevent our discussion with Amenar and other smart ppl who cares about NW and PVP in particular. We are not talking about other classes here - their OP's isnt reason to justify PB.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    To all those PVPers, we have all read your opinions about the subject so you don't have to say excatly the same thing about 20 more times. You guys consider that Piercing blade is overpowered on PVP, you guys has presented the case, now stop repiting the same thing because saying 20 times the same thing doesn't mean you have 20 things to say. Now is up to the devs decide if its WAI, broken or it need any intermediate solution. Please move on if you have absolutly nothing new to add to the thread.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    Well, from a pve'ers perspective, I don't want Combat's dps to be brought back due to pvp. If ur gonna suggest a nerf to PB or PG, then we need to talk compensation elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    van1k said:

marnival said:

Believe me, i know what iam talking about. My main is HR for 2 years. If u dont care what happens in PvP, so dont prevent our discussion with Amenar and other smart ppl who cares about NW and PVP in particular. We are not talking about other classes here - their OP's isnt reason to justify PB.
    We are not talking about other classes here ??? Mkay to what do you compare the Hr class and the piercing damage then only among Hrs different set ups or ??
    Your argument leaves a lot to wish for to say the least.
    Ofc the other classes OP's matters, and if Gf and Tr going to stay the way they are Hr sure as hell can keep the PB.

Now fix Gf 1rotating, exe -itc, give Hr archer/combat some anti cc and we can start talking.
    While you're at it get some new pvp maps, a bracket that works etc that could breathe some life into the dead pvp corpse.

Some things are not good for pvp but needed for pve and if pvp suffers a bit at this time for the Hr class to have 3 valid paths that is a small price indeed to pay ( is it 4-5 bis Hr left server wide that pvp even ).

If you say you will have bigger trouble with Hrs then Gfs or Tr the no I don't believe what your talking about btw....
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    BUG: SoTF does not affect encounters with charges

BUG: Fox shift some times gliches (possibly when target gets out of range) resulting in your power not going in CD but still impossible to cast

BUG: Thorn Ward does not hit stealthed tr inside the encounter range, first hit will result in lowering their stealth meter and that's it, it will just act like a radar. It does not hit the target even if it's in front of you (so that you can see it even if it is stealthed).

@amenar
    Post edited by peri87 on
  • Options
    Throw caution is only castable in melee range pls undoo this.

• Options
    van1k said:

This is definitely one of those ppl, who undersand nothing about PvP, and even didnt tested new PB at preview. :)
    BTW there is only one real way to avoid new melee tree damage = alt+f4.
    Oh i did test, did you read my previous post?Ooops. In fact i tested the most agressive feat path pb + longshot, try disruptive shot and you'll understand why droping scything blades is so much worth.

GF shield blocks 80% of all incoming damage, A full pvp combat endgame will probably take down 80k at most with 1 rotation, having no stuns, because combat will barelly have stuns a GF can block at anytime, TR's dodge frame is probably the biggest in the game, 1 roll will extend almost a second after the roll has ended TR's have itc, courage breaker, bloodbath, dishearting strike, all powers that can mitigate damage or make the TR avoid taking it. DC, big HAMSTER dodges as well, bts, profectic action, warding flare, divine armour. I could picked other classes and im sure i would find ways to lower the damage, maybe you should teach our opponents to play before you start. :wink:

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Thread cleaned again. From now on, warnings will be issued. Please STOP with the attacking. Leave feedback. If you disagree with someone, post your case without tagging them or attacking them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    macjae said:

@macjae
    I can see your point of view more clearly thanks to your detailed explaination and yes that would help tone it down a bit and still keep it viable for PvP.

But Post-mitigation would not be viable in killing CWs or SWs, that must be taken into account.

Actually, it would make a lot less difference against CWs and SWs than other classes because they tend to have less DR/deflect stats to begin with for Piercing Blade to bypass. The Piercing Blade thing only makes a huge difference against the classes that have the highest defensive stats -- GWFs, DCs, OPs, GFs first and foremost, and high deflect TRs.
    It would definitely make CWs tankier again. The problem is, the damage we would deal would be significantly reduced by a CWs shield. Prime example a TRs shocking Execution. Each layer of Shield adds a huge amount of Mitigation.

That would make CWs one of the tankiest classes with almost no counter. Secondly, SWs can still manage to survive, because of the way Borrowed Time works and the new mechanic, where they can go out of combat and yet NOT lose their sparks probably allows Borrowed time to proc even long after they have run far away out of combat. These are major flaws.

The problem that I cannot wrap my head around is, If you take burst melee damage away from Combat, then Combat is useless again.

And if you don't take that burst away, you end up making a spec that can destroy almost anything.

The triggers need to be looked into first. From what I can see right now, PB, BH, BC are making this damage ridiculously LARGE. Toning it down is an option but it must never be toned down to prevent HR from having the Burst melee damage to clear classes. I mean think about it, the rotation requires us using Boar, which can be dodged easily. Its do or die.

Triggers are the main problem. Specific rotations where PB, BH, BC can be a huge problem include Gushing Wound. Gushing wound, couple with Fox + thorn ward/PG .... the damage is huge.

The triggers need a way of only taking BASE damage of skills rather than total damage done before mitigation. I think its ALOT of dots that we can trigger which are pretty darn high in number.
    kreatyve said:

Thread cleaned again. From now on, warnings will be issued. Please STOP with the attacking. Leave feedback. If you disagree with someone, post your case without tagging them or attacking them.

Thank you, I will be careful in the future.

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

This discussion has been closed.