test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Preview Patch Notes: NW.65.20160801c.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

Preview Only
  • Hunter Ranger: Marauder's Escape: No longer sometimes launches you sideways instead of backwards."
  • Hunter Ranger: Thorned Roots: Fix for the duration of the root not being increased by Biting Snares.
  • Scourge Warlock: Feat: Murderous Flames: Now REALLY works with Killing Flames Rank 4.
  • Scourge Warlock: Soul Scorch: Fixed the way this power consumes Soul Sparks to work with the new changes to Soul Spark degradation out of combat. You should no longer be able to cast this spell without actually having 6 Soul Sparks.
  • Added "Cold Run Unlock" to the Preview Store, allowing players to get the necessary Bryn Shander Reputation to access Cold Run.
  • Dodge and Immunity abilites such as Fox's Cunning and Bloodbath will now properly avoid Everfrost Damage.
  • Fangbreaker Island
    • Bosses now drop items.
    • Companions can no longer be imprisoned in Drufi's Permafrost power.
    • Fixed an issue where Drufi's cutscene would play twice."
    • Fixed an issue where players were unable to loot the end chests.
    • Fixed an issue where the queue would not refill players after 60 seconds of play.
    • Items: Relic armor now increases HP and defense as its tiers increase.
  • UI: Collections were updated including icons, detaisl for HE rewards and rings.
  • UI: New level 70 character button on the character select screen is now only visible when the microtransaction is available.
  • Updated soundtracks in Cold Run and the Login screen.
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • Insignia Bonuses: Are now properly affected by healing debuffs, such as Healing Depression in PvP.
    • Insignia Bonuses: Magistrate's Patience: The damage dealt by this power is now properly considered DoT damage.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Ambush: No longer rapdily triggers the proc effect of Swiftness of the Fox while Ambush is active.
    • Artifact Class Feature: Aimed Shot/Aimed Strike: Now properly grants the bonus when using Aimed Shot Rank 4.
    • Battle Crazed: Now grants Deflection Chance instead of Life Steal Chance.
    • Careful Attack: The damage procs basued by this power will no longer interrupt Ambush."
    • Careful Attack: Will now only trigger Swiftness of the Fox on the initial hit.
    • Piercing Blades feat: Now truly deals Piercing damage again, meaning the additional damage is determined based on the unmitigated damage of the attack.
    • Wilds Medicine feat: No longer affected by healing depression twice in PvP, just once.
    • Gushing Wound: Now triggers the proc effect of Blade Hurricane when the damage is dealt, instead of ~1s too early.
  • Scourge Warlock
  • Dreadtheft: Will now properly grant its Curse Synergy effects if a curse is applied after Dreadtheft has started."
  • Gates of Hell: The FX for this power now display properly to enemy players.
  • Gates of Hell: The knockback done by this power can now properly be resisted.
Items and Equipment
  • Bronzewood Enchantment: Rank 12 of this Enchantment will now properly apply the 10% damage reduction and 5% increased incoming damage on the target.
  • Elemental Evil campaign reward armors now all have an Armor Enchantment slot. If there was an Armor Kit slotted in any existing items it will be in the Armor Enchantment slot but can be removed or destroyed, then reapplied as desired.
  • Frost Enchantment: Fixed an issue where higher ranks of Frost Enchantment could cause unintended massive damage increases.
  • Identification Scrolls: All identification scrolls stack to 999 (up from 99).
ยซ134

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This will be going to Preview soonish.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    panderus said:

Identification Scrolls: All identification scrolls stack to 999 (up from 99).

Whoah. That's actually some serious QoL.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    PTR showing the NW.65.20160801C.1
    when is the next maintenance?
    Rimuru?
    Dead ๐Ÿ”ช
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

...also Endless consumtion rquires a rework..

No!. Neverwinter is not only PVP. My wizard is so squishy, my life steal is not that high AND my item level is 2.7 (before you tell me "get geared") and endless consumption SAVES me from dying a LOT. Reworking it for pvp is selfish, again neverwinter is not just PVP
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Insignia Bonuses: Are now properly affected by healing debuffs, such as Healing Depression in PvP.

Since Insignias are effected by healing depression and other healing debuffs, are they also now going to benefit from incoming healing bonuses? If you have 1 you need to have the other
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    UI: Collections were updated including icons, detaisl for HE rewards and rings.

There is nothing in collections about HE rewards and rings that I can find (SKT still has no zone rewards tab in collections). All the info i could find was that the manticore talon was a drop from HEs in Bryn Shander. Which leads me to my next question, why is the Manticore Talon not a drop in all the HE in SKT? why create 3 zones, and stick the super rare artifact drop in only 1 zone? you have 3 places and instantly you have just told everyone to go farm only in zone 1. Granted, the manticore talon does not have stats that are worth grinding for (since the Horn of Valhalla has pretty much identical stats and has been selling for under 400k since the day it was released).

The point remains though. Major rewards like this should not be locked to a single zone, since all that does is make people grind where the return is highest.
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

Bronzewood Enchantment: Rank 12 of this Enchantment will now properly apply the 10% damage reduction and 5% increased incoming damage on the target.
    @panderus

did u raised the uptime to 20s for rank 12?

bcus lookin at both feytouch and bronzewod should be similar.

also : insignias healing shouldn't be affected by HD.

1.Lifesteal + Endless consumtion and Lifesteal severity is kinda worse, even without endless consumtion the Lifesteal severity doesn't make sense, if you think about it you heal 100% based on ur hit, so in PvE you hit over 100k+ damage all the time, and your max HP is between 110k-150k , so you see how ridiculous is with and without endless consumtion.

to fix this in PvP there needs to be a new stat for it: Tenacity Lifesteal which cuts atleast 90% of the lifesteal severity, also Endless consumtion rquires a rework..
    ( the same goes for CC resistance from tenacity, switch the coding with the one from the t.elven)

2. Drowned Weapons are making the other weapons obsolete, just for the fact it has such a low downtime, it needs to be increased to make the other weapons more appealing, it's like Lostmauth, but for weapons, instead of neck/belt/artifact.

to fix this in PvP there needs to be a ICD of atleast 90seconds.

3. Wheel of Elements : Water buff which provides 100% of ur max HP as healing.

to fix this in PvP it needs to be tonned down to 50% , so that healing depression will make it 25%.

please deal with these 3 things above in this module.

i agree with this exept insignia, healing insignia should also be touch it heals too much or they should add ICD in it.
  • Options

Feedback
    Guild Stronghold Boons: please move it on the top of the "Boons" UI.

No More Scrolling
    Rimuru?
    Dead ๐Ÿ”ช
  • Options
    PvP Jewelry Vendor (LVL 60) - Outdaned
    it may be a good idea to remove or rework it.

180 Wins for a single piece on LVL 60?
    Rimuru?
    Dead ๐Ÿ”ช
  • Options
    @someonedies, the daily pvp victory now rewards 60 seals of triumph instead of 1. the seals of triumph cap is now 1200. So the costs were updated to reflect this.
  • Options
    You know, I'm just curious.

What about Legacy sets? (Lathander etc.)

Do people still use Tenacity Jewelry on LVL 60 these days?
    Rimuru?
    Dead ๐Ÿ”ช
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Rework the selfheals, in PVP make the gear do the work, no need to touch PVE side that much, endless and some LS severity checks, im hitting constantly around 15k-30k hits, my LS is 12-17% with endless, drowned set, plus the boon heals triggered on hits, im near immortal, unless i get stuck in terrain, just plain forget to shift, if LS or Deflect puts out lousy RNG . I have 2.8K IL, no bondings, just an augment and r7s.

metalldjt said:

...also Endless consumtion rquires a rework..

No!. Neverwinter is not only PVP. My wizard is so squishy, my life steal is not that high AND my item level is 2.7 (before you tell me "get geared") and endless consumption SAVES me from dying a LOT. Reworking it for pvp is selfish, again neverwinter is not just PVP
    ^ not to rain on your parade there foxxy but, youre a CW with 2.7K IL, even only with an augment and r7s and even without Endless Consumption, you should not die A LOT.
    Unless, you are running a non-meta/nowhere-near-meta build or a full straight all DPS, in which case, good luck.
  • Options
    scathias said:

@someonedies, the daily pvp victory now rewards 60 seals of triumph instead of 1. the seals of triumph cap is now 1200. So the costs were updated to reflect this.

well low-lvl PvP set prices.

1x "Barge of Glory" = 250 glory
    250 glory x60 coins per day = 15000 glory
    Is that some kind of joke?

@panderus
    Remove "Barge of Glory" or reduce reward or increase the price for a single "Barge of Glory"

low-lvl set prices
    Rimuru?
    Dead ๐Ÿ”ช
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @royinever I agree about PVP but if they reduce lifesteal severity you may have issues to get PVE content done at lower IL without SH boon.
    Unslot that boon and do some testing downgrading your IL in WoD or IWD with some classes ...really fun imo, real pain maybe for the next one
  • Options
    narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    For some reason the riding animation of the lion mounts was changed. While on live my arms move at a speed that corresponds to the actual movements of the lion, on preview it's twice as much. It is really disturbing to watch. If I find out how I'll post a gif here to illustrate, but I have no skills with such stuff.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    panderus said:

Identification Scrolls: All identification scrolls stack to 999 (up from 99).

Ty for this. Can you make the same thing with Epic Dungeon keys? The ones we get from VIP.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Frost (Transcendent): Now it seems to grant a flat 7% debuff. It seems fixed.
    Bronzewood: "While marked, your at will and encounter powers ignore 16% of the target's armor." It actually happens even if I don't mark them, with every rank of Bronzewood. I think the tooltip is misleading.

@panderus Since we're talking about enchantments, may you have a look at this aswell:
    Plague Fire (Transcendent): After I apply the first PF stack, there is a hidden 2% debuff (it appears after the initial hit and before the 5% weapon damage DoT). It lasts until the PF stacks expire.
    Vorpal (Pure): "Your Critical Strikes now reduce your target's Damage Resistance by 2%." I'm striking as much as I can, but this debuff seldom appears (btw it hasn't even an icon). It seems to work better for my allies (or... let's say... slightly less broken).
    Vorpal (Transcendent): Its debuff procs on all hits, even non-critical hits.
    Post edited by michela123 on
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

The reward for each match win is 60 now.

@panderus could you please consider my sugestions on a pvp thread to make pvp more begginer friendly?

1. Queue separated in 2 IL diferent queues, once upon the match accepted nobody could switch equipment appart from main artifact if this was the same grade as the one switching to. Premades would be set to enter on the IL of the player with higher IL as alternative players could accept be downscalled.

2. Nobody could queue to pvp lvl 70 without the 4 main pieces of pvp equipment of lvl 70 (basicly battlescared head, bracers, legs, armour or better).

3. Battlescared lvl 70 uncomon would disapear, battlescared rare lvl 70 would start being salvageable, battlescared rare would make a set: 2 pieces = +2000 HP, 500 Tenacity, 3 pieces +4000 HP, 1000 tenacity, so they get a bit closer to guild equipment giving begginers a chance against more better equiped players.

4. instead doing what devs are doing with grim equipment, moving it to the trade bar store, i would put it for sale by AD on the trade of blades (100k the full set or 50k trading with battlefied set so players that made a effor in lvl 65+ for it can see that effort rewarded) and additionally remove all cost of seal of triumph from rings and necklaces bellow lvl 65 and raise their lvl to 65 grim, 70 profound

5.The current rings awarded by pvp campain are lvl 60, raise it's stats would be more than deserved, rosegold should still remain bis.

Diminish a bit the gap between high end player and begginers a bit.

• Options

snip

The reward for each match win is 60 now.

snip
    Thanks for your reply.

scathias said:

well low-lvl PvP set prices.

1x "Barge of Glory" = 250 glory
    250 glory x60 coins per day = 15000 glory
    Is that some kind of joke?

@panderus
    Remove "Barge of Glory" or reduce reward or increase the price for a single "Barge of Glory"
    overquoted, misreading
    Rimuru?
    Dead ๐Ÿ”ช
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

Bronzewood Enchantment: Rank 12 of this Enchantment will now properly apply the 10% damage reduction and 5% increased incoming damage on the target.
    @panderus

did u raised the uptime to 20s for rank 12?

bcus lookin at both feytouch and bronzewod should be similar.

also : insignias healing shouldn't be affected by HD.

1.Lifesteal + Endless consumtion and Lifesteal severity is kinda worse, even without endless consumtion the Lifesteal severity doesn't make sense, if you think about it you heal 100% based on ur hit, so in PvE you hit over 100k+ damage all the time, and your max HP is between 110k-150k , so you see how ridiculous is with and without endless consumtion.

to fix this in PvP there needs to be a new stat for it: Tenacity Lifesteal which cuts atleast 90% of the lifesteal severity, also Endless consumtion rquires a rework..
    ( the same goes for CC resistance from tenacity, switch the coding with the one from the t.elven)

2. Drowned Weapons are making the other weapons obsolete, just for the fact it has such a low downtime, it needs to be increased to make the other weapons more appealing, it's like Lostmauth, but for weapons, instead of neck/belt/artifact.

to fix this in PvP there needs to be a ICD of atleast 90seconds.

3. Wheel of Elements : Water buff which provides 100% of ur max HP as healing.

to fix this in PvP it needs to be tonned down to 50% , so that healing depression will make it 25%.

please deal with these 3 things above in this module.

WOAH. Someone needs to take their PVP blinders off. Until they have things work completely differently for PVP vs PVE these are ridiculous asks.
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    panderus said:

UI: Collections were updated including icons, detaisl for HE rewards and rings.

I can't find rings and HE rewards in collections :C
  • Options
    carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    BUG: Transcendent Terror Enchantment doesn't reduce Power as it described. Moreover it doesn't root targets.
  • Options
    raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User

Self-healing in PVE is fine. In PVP it is Tenacity mixed with ABUSE of healing items. Stacking Drowned, Wheel, 5 mount bonuses, SH LS boon and/or LS mount, full darks, every healing boon and Negation all on top of each other creates a problem. Nobody in PVE is doing this. Perhaps a limiting of how many of these things you can have at once can help, but not nerfing all of them. That just hurts new players and squishy classes.

I agree, w/ life steal in pve, but endless consumption needs a re-work I have seen 1m plus heals
This discussion has been closed.