• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Thanks @jhpnw
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    played on preview and noted on feed back what I found

really no worries since no nerf to SOTF. No visible damage increase as trapper. but steel breeze and binding working fine was able to cancel out of mediation.
    The only thing was Oakskin not applying all the time even with animation and showing and dealing consistently less than a 1/4 of tool tip healing as before
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @jhpnw Curious how the flow of the rotation will go after today's updates. They decreased the cd of a lot of encounters but I didn't see any for Plant Growth or Fox Shift. Those Contricting and Hindering are probably the most used.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    every thing looking good over with cooldown reductions added to encounters and my guild leader gave me some tips to help with cooldowns that should work so we may come out of SOTF reduction just fine. All went as expected no surprises til end and this one caught me totally off guard. Put it below late entry. I do think we will be ok . if they stop now I will be ecstatic. Amenar is looking out for us
    Everything is geared around roots the Devs are making a statement they are here to stay. read thru everything carefully there are many hidden powerful statement in notes on feed back I will be in more detail ideas once changes are all in place but forgive me for holdings my cards close to my chest after the last few days negative comments and nerf rants. I I will check every thing and give proper feed back. to what is trapper related.
    Ara

amenar Posts: 56 Cryptic Developer

5:06PM edited 5:07PM

Sorry, missed a note, and one that wasn't good to miss: • Hunter Ranger: Feat: Biting Snares: Now directly increases the duration of Thorned Roots by 60%, in addition to your other control powers. (This allows Biting Snares to still increase the duration of the DoT that Thorned Roots deals, even though it is no longer affected by control strengths & resistances)

I updated my previous post to include this, as well

and this

amenar Posts: 59 Cryptic Developer

7:04PM edited 7:05PM

zonoske#5272 said:

Nice. But what's the update on Swiftness of the Fox?
    Good question! Here is the current patch note for some upcoming changes for it: •Hunter Ranger: Feat: Swiftness of the Fox: Now triggers from more powers. Ranged Encounter and At-Will powers reduce the cooldown of your Melee Encounter powers, and vice versa. Daily powers reduce the cooldown of all of your Encounter powers.

And for clarification, here is the updated tooltip:

Your Melee Encounter & At-Will powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Your Ranged Encounter & At-Will powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Your Daily powers shorten the cooldown of all your Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.

What this has done in practice - alongside the other changes to recharge times, Swiftness of the Fox no longer multi-proccing on group fights, etc. - is that every couple of rotations, where I get "messed up" and don't have my CDs lined up properly, is I use a Daily or AW once or twice and all of the appropriate Encounters are off CD. The Daily change, in particular, feels nice because if I swap into melee stance and go "****, they all have 2s left" I can cast a Daily without the need to swap back to ranged stance. It's also nice that I feel like whenever my rotation gets messed up, casting a Daily or AW feels like it is contributing toward my goal of "cast Encounters all day long" instead of just filling time.

I look forward to getting this into the hands of our dedicated HRs and seeing how this works out for you guys.
    Post edited by jhpnw on
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Yeah I think I am ok with this now... My specific rotation has Distrupting Shot and Slasher's Mark in it, I also have 5 points in the Paragon for 25% reduced AP cost on Slasher's Mark... this allows me to use both Dailies (one in Ranged and one in Melee) on EVERY rotation.... I also use Hunter's Teamwork at the end of every Ranged rotation... I will be interested to see where this goes now.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This might be do able maybe I don't see a fox shift reduction which I don't like. Learning how clip at-wills in will be important.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    You know I am pretty sick of that other thread now.... I see the same 3 people spamming the heck out of the thread, even now still... screaming pretty much at nerf nerf nerf the Trapper... It has become a complete mess and joke to read. It is almost impossible to get any good posts in there as they just get lost in the mess :(

I`m just hoping the Dev's have switched off to thread now... otherwise we would have 100 more nerfs to HR as well as more nerfs to SotF etc and Dread.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    wdj40 said:

You know I am pretty sick of that other thread now.... I see the same 3 people spamming the heck out of the thread, even now still... screaming pretty much at nerf nerf nerf the Trapper... It has become a complete mess and joke to read. It is almost impossible to get any good posts in there as they just get lost in the mess :(

I`m just hoping the Dev's have switched off to thread now... otherwise we would have 100 more nerfs to HR as well as more nerfs to SotF etc and Dread.

im tired too, im particulary tired of that gunj guy spamming +1 and various HAMSTER quoting always the entire post but hey thats what happen when everyone has right to write. 130 posts just in the feedback tread without having tested anything. He said that himself. i would ban him instantly.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

wdj40 said:

im tired too, im particulary tired of that gunj guy spamming +1 and various **** quoting always the entire post but hey thats what happen when everyone has right to write. 130 posts just in the feedback tread without having tested anything. He said that himself. i would ban him instantly.
    Ouch :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    rayrdan said:

wdj40 said:

im tired too, im particulary tired of that gunj guy spamming +1 and various **** quoting always the entire post but hey thats what happen when everyone has right to write. 130 posts just in the feedback tread without having tested anything. He said that himself. i would ban him instantly.
    +1

I agree but this was meant as humor for Rayrdan we all need a laugh after this week

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Let's see what we'll get after the dust settles. It's been quite a fight with the nerfbat SW and GWF guys.... and Ralexinor didn't help...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    So far what I see is this:

Things we got that we actually wanted:
    1) Bigger dodge, probably still not big enough, probably still with bugged immunity frames
    2) a little bit more damage from encounters, improvements to Hawk and Commanding Shot
    3) Faster Aimed Shot, no longer interrupted by taking damage
    4) Bigger AoE from Rain of Arrows
    5) Slightly better control in pvp, from control durations no longer being subject to deflect
    6) Longer DoT in pvp (where it remains mostly irrelevant) from thorned roots/control resistance change. Could actually result in more healing to opponents from deflect/heal insignia bonus.
    7) Slight cooldown reductions to some encounters
    8) Gushing Wound no longer goes on cooldown on a miss
    9) Slight improvements to Combat feat tree

Things we obviously needed, have been saying so for two years, and did not get:

1) significant buffs to base damage of most powers
    2) Massive buffs to at-wills to make them relevant again
    3) a control break/escape
    4) reduction to or elimination of animation to Forest Ghost
    5) increase to deflect severity
    6) Faster animations to those encounters that are useful in pvp (buffing Gushing Wound without shortening animation was an obvious fail here)
    7) Significant cooldown reductions to charge refill times on Cordon and Hindering Shot
    8) A source of real burst damage in pvp
    9) Undo to the nerf of animation of Boar Charge to make it useful again
    10) Improvements to Combat capstone
    11) Reduction or elimination of feat/capstone nerfs in pvp
    12) Significant healing from Oak Skin to match mod 6+ HP creep

Things we got that we didn't want at all:

1) Buffs to ambush/bear trap, which no one uses
    2) Target cap nerfs to AoE powers, nerfing our dps, control and therefore survivabilty
    3) More damage from Forest Ghost, which completely misses the point of the ability
    4) Damage from Marauder's Escape, which completely misses the point of the ability
    5) Meaningless buffs to at-wills and Oak Skin

Things we narrowly avoided, which were incredibly bad ideas:

1) Charges on Steel Breeze
    2) Nerf to range of Marauder's Rush

Still on the agenda:

1) Everything in second section
    2) Nerf Thorned Roots damage and compensate by increasing base damage across the board so it affects all trees

• Options

So far what I see is this:

Things we got that we actually wanted:
    1) Bigger dodge, probably still not big enough, probably still with bugged immunity frames
    2) a little bit more damage from encounters, improvements to Hawk and Commanding Shot
    3) Faster Aimed Shot, no longer interrupted by taking damage
    4) Bigger AoE from Rain of Arrows
    5) Slightly better control in pvp, from control durations no longer being subject to deflect
    6) Longer DoT in pvp (where it remains mostly irrelevant) from thorned roots/control resistance change. Could actually result in more healing to opponents from deflect/heal insignia bonus.
    7) Slight cooldown reductions to some encounters
    8) Gushing Wound no longer goes on cooldown on a miss
    9) Slight improvements to Combat feat tree

Things we obviously needed, have been saying so for two years, and did not get:

1) significant buffs to base damage of most powers
    2) Massive buffs to at-wills to make them relevant again
    3) a control break/escape
    4) reduction to or elimination of animation to Forest Ghost
    5) increase to deflect severity
    6) Faster animations to those encounters that are useful in pvp (buffing Gushing Wound without shortening animation was an obvious fail here)
    7) Significant cooldown reductions to charge refill times on Cordon and Hindering Shot
    8) A source of real burst damage in pvp
    9) Undo to the nerf of animation of Boar Charge to make it useful again
    10) Improvements to Combat capstone
    11) Reduction or elimination of feat/capstone nerfs in pvp
    12) Significant healing from Oak Skin to match mod 6+ HP creep

Things we got that we didn't want at all:

1) Buffs to ambush/bear trap, which no one uses
    2) Target cap nerfs to AoE powers, nerfing our dps, control and therefore survivabilty
    3) More damage from Forest Ghost, which completely misses the point of the ability
    4) Damage from Marauder's Escape, which completely misses the point of the ability
    5) Meaningless buffs to at-wills and Oak Skin

Things we narrowly avoided, which were incredibly bad ideas:

1) Humungous, over the top, complete Nerf of Swiftness of the Fox
    2) Charges on Steel Breeze
    3) Nerf to range of Marauder's Rush

Still on the agenda:

1) Everything in second section
    2) Nerf Thorned Roots damage and compensate by increasing base damage across the board so it affects all trees

There, you missed a bit, added it in section 2.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    im liking archery way more than trapper in the preview shard....aimed shot is basically an encounter with no cooldown and faster than most of our animation. Put a negation and both pathfinder and aspect of the lone wolf and you are a ballistic rocket too.

63% deflect 60+% movement speed 60% dr... perfect
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @rayrdan I can oneshot bis players on preview atm, lol. Archery is still not viable compared to trapper, though.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @ralexinor wait how can you do that? With a vorpal i can hit aimed for 150k on dummies but thats it.. Thats 25k on a bis tanky player. Fox example my average effectiveness was 18% vs taylor swift..with lower peaks to 4%...i thought max damage reduction was 80%.
    Btw aimed is awful when you cant stop moving without getting one rotated.. See gfs
  • Options
    @rayrdan the oneshot build doesn't include aimed shot in the rotation.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @ralexinor you are always so clear xD
    The other 2 nukes are commanding shot and hawk shot which are not hitting far more than aimed... Maybe a combination of hawkeye and hawkshot can hurt enough tho
  • Options
    @rayrdan aimed shot hits less than encounters do. I will show you on pts tonight (10-12 hours from now) if you're on.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    After working with it some. I found trapper actually is running smooth and dps is up. I have done well in IWD doing pvp and as long as I don't get to button pushing to fast im good. It seems you can now out run and cancel some of your encounters especially your roots . CA damage is low so SW trapper will be the new way to go for pve and pvp I think . Hoping they remove 5 target max on Aoes It really is noticeable in Fangbreaker its nothing to be swarmed by mobs. Or they have to space out mobs more split shot brings them like flies to +++. Amenar hass done a nice job over all and we have moved forward towards a better over all HR. Add a few tweaks and I can play trapper as well as ever

Ara
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I hoped to see thorned root damage keeping up with or without ancient roots.. thats sadly not happening hence the combination trapper + longshot is not as good as i thought. And since they are definitely looking at nerfing our control I will probably switch to archery and stack some recovery. An orcus set should be a nice choice. In pvp nothing seems really changed. Probably we should be able to kill a gwf sometimes thanks to longshot and thorn ward. Archery definitely needs better cooldowns :(
  • Options
    Combat with a trans lightning instead should be able to keep capstone uptime quite high.

Definitely a good work i just hoped for some better survivability tools for the tree without control and a reasons to actually use roots with them
  • Options
    mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Hey ppl, how do i copy my archer to preview? can't find any guide or tips on how to.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

Hey ppl, how do i copy my archer to preview? can't find any guide or tips on how to.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I guess the rotation is something like Commanding, Longstrider, Hawkeye, Hawkshot from max distance. But if anything gets close to you you're doomed.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    rotation for archery ^^

What about rotation for trapper?? I envision a few rotations that become more useful utility for pvp situations... Was thinking about finding that command that brings up the hidden powers tool bar for quick exchange during matches.

Also one question... has anyone tested trapper build with 15 pts in combat for ^^ crit severity (with dread?)
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

rotation for archery ^^

What about rotation for trapper?? I envision a few rotations that become more useful utility for pvp situations... Was thinking about finding that command that brings up the hidden powers tool bar for quick exchange during matches.

Also one question... has anyone tested trapper build with 15 pts in combat for ^^ crit severity (with dread?)

Yes but you need at least 75-80% crit for it to work.
    If you get eyrie pet + some other pets/boons for 15-20% extra crit severity you can have some fun crit numbers -:).

However I went back to full trapper as I found it better all in all. With new aimed shot + other changes it can be worth a try after mod 10 goes live. You still need at least 75-80% crit though ( bonding stones + crit ring needed).