test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Preview Patch Notes: NW.65.20160720a.0

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    While you are looking at the shared bank, could you please check on the silent shared tradebar cap of 10,000? I lost over 4k tradebars by running over the limit a while back.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    While looking at bank slots, would be nice if Account Bound and Unbound items went to Shared first, then personal. ;) Or just bind everything to Account and call it a day, whatever ;)
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

@panderus Thank you (and the rest of the devs) for adding more bank slots. :) 40 shared storage is not nearly enough, so I'm glad it's being doubled. :smiley: However, can you please add a sort button to the bank? It would be extremely helpful, especially now since you are expanding the slots. Pretty please? I'll buy more Zen to buy more slots! (probably going to do that either way, lol)

Yes! Please let us sort bank! I've been wanting this too from day 1.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2016
    [Note: this post is a continuation of the conversation in the previous (now closed) patch thread.]

Invocation changes: I think Panderus has hit most of the points, but let me just clarify:
    * There is no "expiration" of the bonus. It won't ever go away. As long as you are actively playing the character, the new system should not leave you any worse off.
    * In fact, the new system leaves you better off (again, if you are playing the character) by about +20%, because it just gives you that much more AD (at L70 -- slight variations at lower levels, just due to rounding).
    * There is supposed to be a UI treatment that makes this all clear. Looks like that isn't in yet :(. But it basically looks like a glory boost, if you've ever used one of those. It's a buff icon that tells you how many more points of +50% earn rate you have left.
    * There is a cap on the total boost value you can get (all numerics in any game need some kind of cap, computers don't like infinities), but it's super-big. It's set to 100,000 AD, which is about a month's worth of boost. So you could invoke all day every day for a month (ok, 27 days to be precise) and still not lose a thing (again, in fact you get +20%). Past a month, and you'd hit the cap if you invoked the full amount every day that month but never played anything that earned you AD.
    * Characters that you never play with -- only invoke -- are the only ones that lose out. Which was the intention: more rewards for playing, less for characters you don't play.

@beckylunatic: You make a lot of good points about the invocation system in general. I've had some of the same feelings myself, but just getting rid of the invocation system entirely is beyond what I can do right now. I may never be able to do it. But you inspire me to think about pushing on this topic again. (Please do NOT take this as a promise of anything! I'm not in a position to promise anything. But I totally get what you are saying.)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev

You are awesome and you and your colleagues really do give me hope that you're trying to move this game in a good direction. I know it can't always be easy. Keep fighting the good fight. <3
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    how exactly do you cash in the invoke bonus anyway?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

You gain raw AD. I would assume by salvaging gear (at a reduced rate from before but now with a bonus), or doing dungeons, dailies, etc.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2016

ghoulz66 said:

You gain raw AD. I would assume by salvaging gear (at a reduced rate from before but now with a bonus), or doing dungeons, dailies, etc.
    So massing up salvage loot with one char for alts can be a legit method?
  • Options
    Anything you do that generates rough AD gets a bonus. If you have enough bonus available and salvage a ring for 2k, you actually get 3k.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Invocation changes: I think Panderus has hit most of the points, but let me just clarify:
    * There is no "expiration" of the bonus. It won't ever go away. As long as you are actively playing the character, the new system should not leave you any worse off.
    * There is supposed to be a UI treatment that makes this all clear. Looks like that isn't in yet :(. But it basically looks like a glory boost, if you've ever used one of those. It's a buff icon that tells you how many more points of +50% earn rate you have left.
    * There is a cap on the total boost value you can get (all numerics in any game need some kind of cap, computers don't like infinities), but it's super-big. It's set to 100,000 AD, which is about a month's worth of boost. So you could invoke all day every day for a month (ok, 27 days to be precise) and still not lose a thing (again, in fact you get +20%). Past a month, and you'd hit the cap if you invoked the full amount every day that month but never played anything that earned you AD.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Info like this is what makes us not go into a mass panic (well, pulls us out of the one we have already gone into).

Buff icon similar to the glory one is good - not sure if perhaps you could design a tool tip pop up that points this out so everyone is aware? Similar to how you have in the tutorial?

However a few more questions from me:

1) What happens with the VIP bonus? We currently get a 10% extra on Invoke AD (Rank 5+ VIP). How does this factor into this new scheme and the cap?

2) Bonus AD from weekly tasks/Maze Engine dailies. These tasks currently do not get extra AD buffs from VIP (which is fine, as the bonuses clearly state invokes, pvp, dungeons, skirmishes, salvage), however will these sources of AD trigger the bonus pool? Is there also any source of AD that does NOT trigger the bonus pooL?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    ribbs1 said:

Yeah, strangely enough when I move stuff to my bank, more than likely it is to move items to my shared bank in order to consolidate items across several characters as I finish my activities. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I wish the shared bank was the default when double clicking.

There should be a simple toggle button that indicates (it can easily be even a colored frame marking which tab is active) into which inventory we're putting stuff.
    I have no idea about these things but I do believe it's not hard to implement.

Not to mention that that's one of mamy crucial QoL improvements that should be there from the very start of the game.

Pretty please? :)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @rgutscheradev @Cryptic Developer @panderus

* The login screens have an updated background and UI treatment.

Love this new colors!,
    Could we have please also an inGame-UI Upgrade??
    or at least a set-option for people, who want it.

(if you could change just the front inGame-UI
    would be also enough SkillBar,Map,chat, the character icon etc.)

we really had long enough that goldish-themed UI,
    after 3years i can't see it anymore.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @rgutscheradev a far worse problem from invocation is coalescent wards, people with 200+ chars armies put enchants for sale on ah as if coalescent wards costed only 200-250k, i think coalescent wards and preservation wards price is crazy high now, but i dont feel much better buying from these bot people.

• Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    Thanks a lot for increasing the bank account slots.

Would it be possible to increase the number of slots for profession ingredients, as you need more slots than available for the masterwork stuff if you don't want to start throwing stuff away.

Also, can we put profession stuff in the shared bank slots? You don't get a red cross trying to drag them but they don't get moved, but there's no problem if you want to send them by mail. That doesn't make sense.

• Options
    I wasn't arguing for the invoking system to be removed completely (unless equivalent measures are put in place). I did say that if they shorten the cycle and feel the second coin on the last invoke isn't sufficiently onerous to obtain, to remove it and adjust the coffer pricing back down to what it was before.

I do strongly feel that the current system is far more cumbersome than anything that human beings should be forced to deal with to benefit from it, and practically tailor-made for scripting because the script just runs and the human being never has to deal with it themselves.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    clonkyo1 said:

Either @beckylunatic or @rgutscheradev , mind if any of you explains to us how new and old players will get Coals in case that "invoking" system is removed completly? (On which i would not dissagree as far as i can get "free coals" as i do right now on live server)

To clarify: when I say "get rid of invoking" I do NOT mean "just cut it and put nothing in its place". That's no good. I mean "find some way to get those same rewards into players hands in some less painful way". So it would take some real thought (which is one of many reasons it's not happening any time soon). Definitely not "just cut this and leave everyone in the lurch".

Again, NOT a thing we are planning on, just me agreeing the current invocation system is not so great.

I see I need to be more careful with my off-the-cuff general design speculation. :P
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

[Note: this post is a continuation of the conversation in the previous (now closed) patch thread.]

* In fact, the new system leaves you better off (again, if you are playing the character) by about +20%, because it just gives you that much more AD (at L70 -- slight variations at lower levels, just due to rounding).
    * Characters that you never play with -- only invoke -- are the only ones that lose out. Which was the intention: more rewards for playing, less for characters you don't play.

@beckylunatic: You make a lot of good points about the invocation system in general. I've had some of the same feelings myself, but just getting rid of the invocation system entirely is beyond what I can do right now. I may never be able to do it. But you inspire me to think about pushing on this topic again. (Please do NOT take this as a promise of anything! I'm not in a position to promise anything. But I totally get what you are saying.)

Did we learn different kinds of math? Ignore praying alts. Atm all the new skirmishes encounters Edemo, Demo, CN (excluding the rare skin drop) give rings. Rings salvaged for 3/6k. Now they salvage for 2/4k. Where in the world does a 30% nerf combined with a 20% boost give me more RAD?

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    asterotg said:

Did we learn different kinds of math? Ignore praying alts. Atm all the new skirmishes encounters Edemo, Demo, CN (excluding the rare skin drop) give rings. Rings salvaged for 3/6k. Now they salvage for 2/4k. Where in the world does a 30% nerf combined with a 20% boost give me more RAD?

Blue rings that used to salvage for 3k now salvages for 2k but purple rings from dungeons that used to salvage for 3k now salvage for 4k. This goes true for basically all purple salvage items. Past week I've been just stocking up on the purples and salvaging the blues. Currently item level of the salvageable item doesn't seem to matter ie. 132 vs 135 item level it will salvage for more than current system. But all blues will definitely be less.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

clonkyo1 said:

Either @beckylunatic or @rgutscheradev , mind if any of you explains to us how new and old players will get Coals in case that "invoking" system is removed completly? (On which i would not dissagree as far as i can get "free coals" as i do right now on live server)

To clarify: when I say "get rid of invoking" I do NOT mean "just cut it and put nothing in its place". That's no good. I mean "find some way to get those same rewards into players hands in some less painful way". So it would take some real thought (which is one of many reasons it's not happening any time soon). Definitely not "just cut this and leave everyone in the lurch".

Again, NOT a thing we are planning on, just me agreeing the current invocation system is not so great.

I see I need to be more careful with my off-the-cuff general design speculation. :P
    Don't be sorry - I fail to see how your comments could have been taken as a "let's just remove it and forget it existed" comment, not sure why everyone fails to read in context here...
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Past week I've been just stocking up on the purples and salvaging the blues. Currently item level of the salvageable item doesn't seem to matter ie. 132 vs 135 item level it will salvage for more than current system. But all blues will definitely be less.

I would even stock the blue ones. We'll likely see a double AD event in the near future after the invoking changes will be in effect.

Strumslinger just confirmed that it will come back.

• Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @rgutscheradev Stellar SW patch notes so far. It seems like there's a lot more useful skills for PVP. One question: How's it going on the Temptation capstone change? I didn't notice any difference between live and preview when i checked a few days ago. Also, the Vampiric Embrace is still a joke and always has been since SW was introduced. I would suggest a percentage based heal based on either current HP with it healing less when above 70% and more when below 30% with a gradient inbetween, being that it is more inclined to save your skin or max HP with a 12% in first feat.

EDIT: To clarify, the damage would need to be updated even if it isn't hitting as hard as the heal.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

Blue rings that used to salvage for 3k now salvages for 2k but purple rings from dungeons that used to salvage for 3k now salvage for 4k. This goes true for basically all purple salvage items. Past week I've been just stocking up on the purples and salvaging the blues. Currently item level of the salvageable item doesn't seem to matter ie. 132 vs 135 item level it will salvage for more than current system. But all blues will definitely be less.
    Ok, and purple rings that salvaged for 6k now salvage for 4k, too. While this might be beneficial for the old content (ETOS GWD and ECC), ppl playing the new skirmishes/dungeon lose 10% even with the 20% salvage boost. When it is used up, they lose 30% salvage value.

Most of the times I run EDemo, CN, POM or KR. For me it is a loss of 10% AD min and if I was busy 30% RAD.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@panderus

Can you also take a look at items that cannot be discarded? I understand protecting player items by not allowing bags to be discarded.

How about once they are placed in the bank, they can be discarded? There are also some rather trivial items we shouldn't have to hold on to.

+1

I got a bag and a horse (horse due to the bug that enabled you to get another one even if you already had it) I can't get rid off, plus all the +0 masterwork tools that I don't need since I've got the purple tools.

• Options
    ganesha777ganesha777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@panderus

Can you also take a look at items that cannot be discarded? I understand protecting player items by not allowing bags to be discarded.

How about once they are placed in the bank, they can be discarded? There are also some rather trivial items we shouldn't have to hold on to.

i got two bags blocking space in my inventory which i cannot sell or discard . . . that's most annoying, please fix that ^.^

thx *smile*
This discussion has been closed.