test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Unofficial) Interim Patchnotes:

Comments

• tiptoejimbo#7107 tiptoejimbo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    So pretty sure that gfs are supposed to get 4% hp per point in CON. Definitely not getting that =/ (at least on xb)

Maybe that should be in the rework, and if you want us to be tanks, and nothing else, nurfing the ways the class has creativity and mulipurpose, then at least don't tie our hands behind our backs and fix the our health !!

-Constitution: Each point of Constitution increases max HP by 4% (up from 2%).

Release Notes: 08/14/14 (two years ago!)
    Tyranny of the Dragons
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    For the HRs please fix Blade Storm not Procing with Plant Growth, and please make the new melee attack changes actually interact with BS before release.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Also fix Action Point Gain "Stats" for everyone. There not being added to "Offensive and Healing" insignias, jewel kits, and any bonus Action Points coming from artifacts including off hands do not currently work.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    be reminded guys this is unofficial class balance changes so wait for next build t confirm its now testing so give your feed back it helps alot.
    ps. i am okay with with my gwf dealing less damage as long as i stop seeing anti gwf threads about it sigh
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

So pretty sure that gfs are supposed to get 4% hp per point in CON. Definitely not getting that =/ (at least on xb)

Maybe that should be in the rework, and if you want us to be tanks, and nothing else, nurfing the ways the class has creativity and mulipurpose, then at least don't tie our hands behind our backs and fix the our health !!

-Constitution: Each point of Constitution increases max HP by 4% (up from 2%).

Release Notes: 08/14/14 (two years ago!)

Tyranny of the Dragons

you get 4% base HP per point in Con, not max HP, no class gets boosted max HP from their con stat.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    GF have remained the SAME, with excellent def and 1 shot abilities, yes, they are not buffing the party for +300% bonus to dmg but they can STILL 1 shot ppl and the MAIN ISSUE is the Weapon Dmg is tooo high on their 1 hand.... as well as the ability to shift for way too long while receiving dmg.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User

be reminded guys this is unofficial class balance changes so wait for next build t confirm its now testing so give your feed back it helps alot.
    ps. i am okay with with my gwf dealing less damage as long as i stop seeing anti gwf threads about it sigh

good reminder. What we are seeing more than l likely doesn't include all the changes. They will post an official feedback thread for all the classes regarding balance feedback.

• boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    It was so simple. The main GF complaints were fray and anvil. Nerf them and leave everything else alone. Make bull charge not prone players in pvp as an afterthought.

What made fray so powerful was the synergy with buff clerics, the new rings, guild boons and the pally sigil in pvp. In pve things got even more ridiculous with broken/fast resurrecting, proc-ing pets with rank 12 bondings and rings. Fix and/or adjust that. Everyone knows this even if they don't have a GF main/alt.

But to not even fix what is truly broken baffles the mind. Villains menace: still get stunned by smoke bombs and roots. Commanders strike/steel blitz combo, although a fun cheat, it's still a glitch. And it's the only reason GF's are on dps boards in Tiamat/Edemo.

A punching bag that has nothing else to offer is just silly. A defender class companion/pet is what this nerf relegates a GF to.

I realize that the idea here is to keep all classes in their lane. But throwing in penalties for thinking outside the box takes away creativity from the player base. There is a reason why 3 different paths are available to any class. This takes 2 paths away leaving the IV/protector the lone viable option.

And I thought the pally nerf was ridiculous. This is a nuclear bomb and will cost you some serious player base in my honest opinion. Abrams and Proteus said it better than me, but......my two cents worth.
  • smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I gave up posting my views on these "Balances" since they didn't seemed to ignore all the response to the OP/Dc nerf. Way to keep killing classes without leveling the content to match the "balance". The Devs are pandering to the eletist minority much to the detriment of the community building players. If you watch the LFG chat it is already 3k+, 3,5k+.... new toons, and new to game are so far excluded by this right off the bat. Who ever works with your marketing/business development plans needs to go back to school as te continued balancing across the entire system (class, trade bars, zen/ad...) exhibits a direct and intentional push to creat a further divide between the elite(possibly pay)players and the remainder of the gamers, which following the decline of other mmorpg's is a direct link to the impending demise of the game. This was and could return to being a great game if the voices of the players were listened to and respected.I have already watched too many friends with quality (BIS at time) leave the game due to similar actions by the Dev team and the lack of consideration to the community as a whole when changes asr implemented. I sincerely hope this does not follow the previous trend and that I don't loose any more gamer friends due to "balancing". You already marginalised the OP(protector) and now you are handicapping the GF - Who are you expecting to be the Tank? I guess you are leaving that up to some broken companion??? I would love to have a one to one chat with the devs and your marketing/development team.
    Apoligies for my rant on this thread, as the information you provided was incredablly precise, well laid out, and very usefull.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2016

They nerfed the base damage of most of GWFs powers and also nerfed our main at-wills. Now they need to give us a dodge and fix Sentinel to be a tank.

Just adapt. It's not the first time they have done this sort of thing. But I'm still hoping for some feat changes whether to go tank-focused build, DPS-build (we already know this), or the control-build (slows, knockdowns and prones). Wonder why they reduce cooldown of Frontline Surge. Is it for GF changes?

Iron Vanguard is still useless for us though (Where is the Iron in that Vanguard? Maybe if we're below 15% max hit points? lol)
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

zerappus said:

Split Strike - A 40% damage boost is totally unnecessary. It is fine live. Split strike gets better the farther you are and the more mobs it hits and is spammable. Please, do no fix what's not broken. Leave the live version as it is. What we range Archers lack is single target capabilities.

Summary so far:
    - Please, DO NOT go ahead with the Split Strike buff. Live is fine and balanced and useful for its purpose.

Whether or not it's appropriate to post feedback here, you seem to have read a buff to Split Strike (melee) as a buff to Split Shot (ranged, and which damage is probably fine as-is).

zerappus said:

Summary so far:
    - Please, DO NOT go ahead with the Split Strike buff. Live is fine and balanced and useful for its purpose.
    - Maurader's Escape should slow mobs around the origin of the backward dash, instead of AOE damage. Suggestion: (0.5s per level). ME is used to create distance, avoid mobs, allow us to shoot and increase our damage.
    - Archers severely need single target skill buffs: Rapid Shot + Hawk shot or any others.
    - Dodge ability needs remedy.

I think you got confused, this is not an official patch notes, but rather a listing of all the changes seen in the preview. It is not here where you should put your "pls (dont)change this or that." XD
    Not all confused, other than mistaking Split Strike for Split Shot :smile: (thx @Beckylunatic).

But, thx for posting the changes @thefabricant and everyone.

They have to read the feedback asap. Especially if the developers making the changes are not familiar with Hunter Archers.
    Archery tree is purely range and shouldn't conflate our needs with those of the Combat and Trapper class.

Marauder's Escape alone is a necessity for Archery Tree. That's why it needs AOE slow not damage. That or give us 0.5s speed increase per tier a the end of the escape.
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    For anyone testing the warlock, is it safe to say they've destroyed it? Would like to know cause if so, I'm done.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

It was so simple. The main GF complaints were fray and anvil. Nerf them and leave everything else alone. Make bull charge not prone players in pvp as an afterthought.
    And I thought the pally nerf was ridiculous. This is a nuclear bomb and will cost you some serious player base in my honest opinion. Abrams and Proteus said it better than me, but......my two cents worth.

I would be ok with the ITF and AoD nerf. Fine, strip the GF of the big hitters. Even Knight's Challenge. PvP and KC is a bad combo for fairness, I get it. Even Bullcharge prone fine. Nerf away...

But go through with a chainsaw and chop the durations,damage and increase the cooldowns of all useful skills, feats, encounters, and dailies. WTF! Lunge, Villain's Menace, RIP Anvil of Doom. Steel Defense, etc etc
    We have high cooldowns already with no recovery shortcut skills like the Paladin, Wizards, or Ranger.
    Make them even longer is garbage. I have a recovery of 8k, which is high, and it still makes a dread useless on a GF.

Balance is about a skill tweak here or a buff tweak there, not chop chop chop for 2 pages of nerfs. OMFG.
    Some GFs that aren't sick of being punching bags yet can live with the changes. Fine.
    But this drops my GF build down to the bottom of the Atlantic with the Titanic.
    Adapt my *****. I'm not going back to a agro-pet/buff-bot (with a buff that now sucks) for the DPS elites to use. I'm not going back to being a service class. GFs: This won't make us worth the party-slot anymore as the power creep continues. We're not worth a GWF destroyer that have their own agro Pets. We won't serve a purpose. If they need tanks, real tanks, not fake tanks, OPs own that spot for good. "LF1M OP Tank" Ready for those days again??

I'm waiting for the official notes on this trash before I make my final decision on my future with this "game."
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

They nerfed the base damage of most of GWFs powers and also nerfed our main at-wills. Now they need to give us a dodge and fix Sentinel to be a tank.

Just adapt. It's not the first time they have done this sort of thing. But I'm still hoping for some feat changes whether to go tank-focused build, DPS-build (we already know this), or the control-build (slows, knockdowns and prones). Wonder why they reduce cooldown of Frontline Surge. Is it for GF changes?

Iron Vanguard is still useless for us though (Where is the Iron in that Vanguard? Maybe if we're below 15% max hit points? lol)
    I'd love to adapt to instigator, but it's still garbage.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

If they need tanks, real tanks, not fake tanks, OPs own that spot for good. "LF1M OP Tank" Ready for those days again??

I think 25% ITF is kinda overnerf (30% if tactician feat will add any bonus) but OP's bane is used mostly on bosses. GF lost some buffer advantage but not tank advantage. Bubble is cheap 5 sec of team immortality vs "perma" 50% dmg protection from KV.
    Problem is in defender pets that steal aggro and can do same tanking work as GF or OP.
    200_s.gif
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Devoted Cleric:

Weapon's of Light no longer transfers power from bonding stones or other buffs.

This is the happiest news to me.. pure trash, it was the most broken thing in game.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Devoted Cleric:

This is the happiest news to me.. pure trash, it was the most broken thing in game.

The real question, will it be enough?
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Devoted Cleric:

The real question, will it be enough?
    Depends on Anointed Army also getting that fix...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

Steel defense shouldve been left alone, this is what becomes of massive AP gains. They just chop durations down to nothing.

They couldve just had it reduced by 50% while flagged for PVP.

Im not a huge fan of the way they nerfed ITF, I wouldve just dropped the Ranks from 25% per down to like 5% per.. this way massive defense isnt wasted, just adjusted down to a more reasonable level.

They could always tinker with that rank system.. but now all defense above 80% DR is useless, OP sigals.. are now HAMSTER.. even pets with 3 defensive slots.. garbage.

Too much of a change imo, I will give more feedback on the official release notes, just my thoughts.

Im all for limiting GF dps potential, as we all saw, it was out of hand (I wonder what the new fotm class will be now)

But some of these adjustments, seem odd to me.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

(I wonder what the new fotm class will be now)But some of these adjustments, seem odd to me.

Some guildies and I were joking in Discord last night that we're gonna have to start playing our CWs again. I too am concerned about the GF changes but I'm also waiting to see what actually hits the Live server.

I aim to misbehave
  • travaell#0637 travaell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    so..you nerfed TT to single target making it a 100% useless daily that no one will ever use again. Great job cryptic. Nothing says "lets make money" like pissing off large portions of your player base for absolutely no justifiable reason.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Every buff and debuff has to be nerfed in this game. No class should be able to provide a higher than 25ish % damage boost to the group and even that is too high and allows stacking to be way too efficient. Game is easy because of the 5-10x damage multipliers provided by buffs and debuffs. I'm sorry that Cryptic doesn't dare to make a bigger step and do it all at once, GF players would QQ less if it happened that way.
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    They take TT to single target that leaves no real aoe left for us as a daily. This is huge and will make the class I've played since day one now and am bis. Sucks. Most likely will try out the changes when it's live and debate on leaving the game.

I would love to hear some clear look at what going on now from anyone testing the lock.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Steel defense shouldve been left alone, this is what becomes of massive AP gains. They just chop durations down to nothing.

They couldve just had it reduced by 50% while flagged for PVP.

Im not a huge fan of the way they nerfed ITF, I wouldve just dropped the Ranks from 25% per down to like 5% per.. this way massive defense isnt wasted, just adjusted down to a more reasonable level.

They could always tinker with that rank system.. but now all defense above 80% DR is useless, OP sigals.. are now ****.. even pets with 3 defensive slots.. garbage.

Too much of a change imo, I will give more feedback on the official release notes, just my thoughts.

Im all for limiting GF dps potential, as we all saw, it was out of hand (I wonder what the new fotm class will be now)

But some of these adjustments, seem odd to me.

I agree with this. It was publicly discussed how GF where getting massive DPS increases.
    They could of toned that down like a true nerf would(should) be. Not taking a trimmer and chopping arms&legs off like a Christmas goose. You have alot of GFs looking at the page of nerfs with a WTF do we do now face.

Adapt? Please. That list is massive and cuts DEEP. The grind now is off the wall long.
    The gear gap,refinement points, all that BoC junk, and all the rest accumulated. The climb is too damn high to start over.
    It's like your house being sweep away by a tornado and someone walks by and lightly tells you to repair the house 15 minutes later.
    It should of been
    • AoD. It's like IBS. Fine, nerf away so the DPS-chasers have their way.
    • ITF. Too strong of a party buff. Even without the DC interactions. EVERYONE AGREED it was OP. So sure.
    • Knight's Challenge. So wtf. How did this monster get missed? BC and KC 2xDMG on a prone hit. PvPers are still gonna complain.
    • The rest. I don't get it.
    They nerfed crummy lunge strike but buffed steel blitz. *shakes head*. Who's flying this plane?
  • dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

This post continues on page 3 as more space is needed.

Guardian Fighter: (Thanks to @kacezet for this)

- Into the Frey: Now buffs by 10/15/20/25% damage bonus and no longer scales off DR.
    - Steel Defense down to +0.5s duration per level, from 1s duration.
    - Steel Blitz now has a 25% chance to proc, up from 5%. Also 60% of your weapon damage up from 50% and its +5% per rank, down from +12%. Steel Blitz can deal critical hits and does benefit from buffs and debuffs.
    - Temporary hitpoints from ITF are currently not temporary
    - Lunging Strike may have had its cooldown increased, it is 12 seconds on preview, need to check on live.
    - Combat Superiority changed from 10% to 5%.
    - Cleave - recovers 5% stamina
    - Terrifying Impact - is a stun (prone on live)
    - Anvil of Doom - If your target has less than 50% you deal additional damage over 5s (down from instantly 2x damage)
    - Supremacy of Steel - now also increases deflection chance
    - Steel Grace - at rank4 increases run speed by 17.5%, deflect chance by 5% and critical chance by 5%
    - Line Breaker Assault - increases DR by 10% and dazes enemies
    - Enduring Warrior: An addition of "You gain 10% increased incoming healing" has been added to the class feat. +5% incoming healing to each rank.
    - Indomitable Strengthen - The target deals less 20% less damage up from 10%.
    - Ferocious Reaction - This effect can only occur every 3 minutes down from 5. Every rank is -30s down from -60s. The DR buff is now 10s up from 5s.
    - Weapon Master's Strike now requires you target something to attack.
    - Tactical Superiority - Combat Superiority grants an additional 1/2/3/4/5% more damage, however, it does still require the target to hit you first.
    - Iron Focus (Improved Reaction on Live) - Frontline Surge now has a 20/40/60/80/100% to Taunt and mark the affected Targets.
    - Powerful Strike - Line Breaker Assault now has its recharge time reduced by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1s for every target hit.
    - Villains menace duration reduced, increases by 1 second per rank down from 2.
    - Jagged blades duration down from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    - Griffons Wraith has max of 3 charges, damage is increased per rank not number of charges.
    - Commander's Strike cooldown increased, duration of effect decreased and requires target to be marked.
    - Supremacy of Steel is no longer expendable (or is no longer listed in tooltip as)
    - Enforced Threat damage increases per rank, previously was just stamina regain increase. Enforced Threat's new tooltip also says they've added a threat-building mechanic for attacking affected targets.

-Tooltip fix for lurker's Assault to better clarify what the ability does

I might be ok with the flat 25% max ITF nerf if they change one other aspect: Make it apply to everyone in a 50' radius not just the GF party...

They need to add a defensive aspect or something to Combat Superiority only adding 5% damage makes it worthless.

Please do NOT increase the cooldown of Lunging Strike... that's the only thing that lets us keep up with the dps we're supposed to be tanking for...

• maniek0280maniek0280 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2016

This post continues on page 3 as more space is needed.

Guardian Fighter: (Thanks to @kacezet for this)

- Into the Frey: Now buffs by 10/15/20/25% damage bonus and no longer scales off DR.
    - Steel Defense down to +0.5s duration per level, from 1s duration.
    - Steel Blitz now has a 25% chance to proc, up from 5%. Also 60% of your weapon damage up from 50% and its +5% per rank, down from +12%. Steel Blitz can deal critical hits and does benefit from buffs and debuffs.
    - Temporary hitpoints from ITF are currently not temporary
    - Lunging Strike may have had its cooldown increased, it is 12 seconds on preview, need to check on live.
    - Combat Superiority changed from 10% to 5%.
    - Cleave - recovers 5% stamina
    - Terrifying Impact - is a stun (prone on live)
    - Anvil of Doom - If your target has less than 50% you deal additional damage over 5s (down from instantly 2x damage)
    - Supremacy of Steel - now also increases deflection chance
    - Steel Grace - at rank4 increases run speed by 17.5%, deflect chance by 5% and critical chance by 5%
    - Line Breaker Assault - increases DR by 10% and dazes enemies
    - Enduring Warrior: An addition of "You gain 10% increased incoming healing" has been added to the class feat. +5% incoming healing to each rank.
    - Indomitable Strengthen - The target deals less 20% less damage up from 10%.
    - Ferocious Reaction - This effect can only occur every 3 minutes down from 5. Every rank is -30s down from -60s. The DR buff is now 10s up from 5s.
    - Weapon Master's Strike now requires you target something to attack.
    - Tactical Superiority - Combat Superiority grants an additional 1/2/3/4/5% more damage, however, it does still require the target to hit you first.
    - Iron Focus (Improved Reaction on Live) - Frontline Surge now has a 20/40/60/80/100% to Taunt and mark the affected Targets.
    - Powerful Strike - Line Breaker Assault now has its recharge time reduced by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1s for every target hit.
    - Villains menace duration reduced, increases by 1 second per rank down from 2.
    - Jagged blades duration down from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    - Griffons Wraith has max of 3 charges, damage is increased per rank not number of charges.
    - Commander's Strike cooldown increased, duration of effect decreased and requires target to be marked.
    - Supremacy of Steel is no longer expendable (or is no longer listed in tooltip as)
    - Enforced Threat damage increases per rank, previously was just stamina regain increase. Enforced Threat's new tooltip also says they've added a threat-building mechanic for attacking affected targets.

-Tooltip fix for lurker's Assault to better clarify what the ability does

I might be ok with the flat 25% max ITF nerf if they change one other aspect: Make it apply to everyone in a 50' radius not just the GF party...

They need to add a defensive aspect or something to Combat Superiority only adding 5% damage makes it worthless.

Please do NOT increase the cooldown of Lunging Strike... that's the only thing that lets us keep up with the dps we're supposed to be tanking for...

Combat Superiority gives 5% dmg and 5% dmg resist for 8s on rank 1.+1/+1 for every point.
    They reworked perk that buffs it - 5% more dmg and 5% more dmg to combat superiority.
    Nice change when you can end up with 18% dmg buff/13%dmg resist after you got hit.
    imgur.com/lxoFi96
    imgur.com/280zNCn
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Devoted Cleric:

Have folks had an opportunity to pressure test WoL / AA on preview? I won't have a chance to do this until the weekend... and I might need a friend to help.

1) Which sources of power are being counted? (boons, augment stats, legendary active bonus, companion active bonuses, insignia)

2) Does WoL / AA still apply to bonding companions (allowing the owner to benefit once from the aura directly and again amplified via bonding pet)

3) Is the Blessing of Battle feat also effected (I would imagine it would be)?

For what it's worth, I'm glad this interaction is getting fixed, as it was entirely out of control. But it's a huge bummer that the dev blog / feedback requests didn't mention these changes.

I believe that it would have bought the devs some good will with the community if they were more upfront about expected class balance changes, instead of just pointing to 3 classes and letting the player base discover other significant "fixes" on their own.

Instead, once again I have a bad taste in my mouth, and I doubt I'm the only one.
This discussion has been closed.