test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jarek's AC Righteous PVE MOD 10/MOD 10B Guide (UPDATED on FEBRUARY 1ST 2017)

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    My rotations for DO DC:

Solo Play

Class Features - Holy Fervor, Terrifying Insight
    At Wills - Brand of the Sun, Lance of Faith
    Dailys – Hallowed Ground, Flame Strike
    Encounters – Chains of Blazing Light, Daunting Light, Divine Glow

Rotation – Chains of Blazing light (damage, CC and to gets passive started), Divine Glow (debuff and damage), Brand of the Sun, 3xDivine Daunting Light (damage and builds empowerment), and fully empowered Daunting Light. Anything left standing can be used to rebuild divinity.

Party Play/Trash Clearing (No Tact GF)

Encounters – Chains of Blazing Light, Daunting Light, Divine Glow

Rotation – Chains of Blazing light (damage, CC and to gets passive started), Divine Glow (debuff and damage), Brand of the Sun, 3x Divine Chains of Blazing light (damage and builds empowerment), and fully empowered Daunting Light.

Use Hallowed Ground if you anticipate the fight will last more than rotation, otherwise use Flame Strike

Party Play/Trash Clearing (with Tact GF)

Encounters – Astral Shield, Chains of Blazing Light, Divine Glow

Rotation – Astral Shield, Chains of Blazing light (damage, CC and to gets passive started), Divine Glow (debuff and damage), Brand of the Sun, 3x Divine Chains of Blazing light (damage and builds empowerment), and fully empowered Chains of Blazing light

Use Hallowed Ground if you anticipate the fight will last more than rotation, otherwise use Flame Strike

If your GF has problems staying up you can use empowered Astral Shield and/or foresight

Party Play/Boss Fight (No Tact GF)

Dailys – Hallowed Ground, Hammer of Fate
    Encounters – Breaking the Spirit, Prophecy of Doom, Divine Glow

Rotation – Hallowed Ground (buff/debuff), Divine Glow(debuff and damage), Prophecy of Doom (debuff and damage), Brand of the Sun, 3xDivine Divine Glow (buff damage), Empowered Breaking the Spirit (buff damage)

Chains of Blazing light (damage, CC and to gets passive started), Divine Glow (debuff and damage), 3x Chains of Blazing light (damage and builds empowerment), and fully empowered Daunting Light.

Party Play/Boss Fight (withTact GF)

Dailys – Hallowed Ground, Hammer of Fate
    Encounters – Astral Shield, Breaking the Spirit, Divine Glow

Rotation – Hallowed Ground (buff/debuff), Astral Shield (buff), Divine Glow (debuff and damage), Brand of the Sun, 3xDivine Divine Glow (buff damage), Empowered Breaking the Spirit (buff damage)

If your GF has problems staying up you can use empowered Astral Shield and/or Foresight
  • spookyvaporsspookyvapors Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Thank you, silence1x and putzboy78 for the info. I'll definitely start playing around with DL soon. It's only got 2 power points into it as of now, still trying to max a few things out. But you've got me interested in trying it out.
    And I'll try that setup in Edemo, next time I run some. It just seems as if my heals are fairly weak unless I use them while empowered.
    So what powers, take advantage of the Plague?
    I know you said Chains do.
    I know I read that DG does not, not sure if that's a bug or meant to be that way.
    And I'll try swapping in between BtS and Chains, between boss fights to see how that works out, but usually mobs die off really quickly.
    Thank you guys for all the info, I'm learning more and more each day and really enjoying my DC alot more than I thought I would.

Anything offensive will take advantage of the plague with the exception of the bugged divine glow.

Heals don't because they don't impact mobs. Same reason for Astral Shield... because it only impacts allies and ignores mobs. Hallowed Ground doesn't.

My point with calling that out is if your running for example AS, DG, and BoH + HG, the only thing that is procing your weapon enchantment is your at wills. So keeping your plague stacked becomes impossible.

Another option is to switch out the plague if your seeing it as to hard to keep stacked to a point where its beneficial for vorpal or dread. Those will impact your heal potency if your having issues on the healing side; however, they won't impact DG's heals so you would need another heal power that would use your increased potency. Using crit sev pets can help your heal potency with DG. While some are near impossible to get (cambion) but others are pretty easy (Erinyes of Belial and Dancing Blade). With just companion summoning bonuses and boons you can get your crit severity over 100%.

But honestly, for content like edemo where there are 10 slots, just tell them your a dps and if they want a healer recommend a faithful DC or an OP. Most of the groups i run with don't need a lot of healing beyond DG and using foresight for mitigation. And I'm not there to provide healing. If I turn my focus on healing, I will have to forgo the things that make righteous DCs so effective.
    edited June 2016
    Ah putzboy78 you must've posted while I was still typing, you're fast lol. Thanks for all the additional info.
    I forgot to even ask about the class features.
    Also forgot to ask, at what point should I stop worrying about slotting silvery for recovery?
    I believe I'm around 7k recovery right now.
    I have all 9's and 10's radiants and silvery slotted and hopefully they'll all be 10's this next 2x rp in a few days.
    I guess what I'm asking is should I eventually slot some radiants for extra power once I get to a certain number with recovery??
    I have the 2k power mounts bonus on currently from the Guard Drake, and also using guild power boon, with those I'm over 18k power atm. But I also have the Apparatus of Kwalish mount which gives 2k recovery if I wanted to swap.
    But I'm assuming by the build power is what I should be focusing on most?
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    I would say ignore recovery if u are righteous. Astral Shield+GF is weaker than eBTS in terms of buff/uptime, you can use DG, AS, Bts if u want, but i normally dont use AS even i got a GF in party. Slotting Divine Fortune instead of Holy Fervor will grants you more dpm even if you have the off hand feature due to more aoe divine skills to spam.
  • jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Thank you, silence1x and putzboy78 for the info. I'll definitely start playing around with DL soon. It's only got 2 power points into it as of now, still trying to max a few things out. But you've got me interested in trying it out.
    And I'll try that setup in Edemo, next time I run some. It just seems as if my heals are fairly weak unless I use them while empowered.
    So what powers, take advantage of the Plague?
    I know you said Chains do.
    I know I read that DG does not, not sure if that's a bug or meant to be that way.
    And I'll try swapping in between BtS and Chains, between boss fights to see how that works out, but usually mobs die off really quickly.
    Thank you guys for all the info, I'm learning more and more each day and really enjoying my DC alot more than I thought I would.

They gave you everything you needed to know here, I couldn't agree more myself, you need to remember however, if you're AC righteous in that support/party/trash clearing play, you'll probably have Anointed Army slotted instead of the Flame strike if you're planning full support so for everything he said for the support parts, if you're AC righteous, remember it will be AA instead of Flame Strike. For that solo play, Flame Strike is fine regardless.

Also, the class feats feats, if AC righteous, support play will be Holy Fervor & depends for the second, you can go with divine fortune for more divinity build, healer's lore if you feel they need some sort of heals or hastening light if you have it maxed out for that 4 sec reduction on encounters. At-wills will be Blessing of Battle & Astral Seal.

For the boss fights without a tact GF, the encounters that I use are as AC righteous will be Break the spirit, Divine glow & can be a toss up with Chains to get an early procc going on the plague or bastion if the party seems to be squishy

For the boss fights with a tact GF is basically like he said, Astral Shield, Break the spirit, Divine glow.

The rotation for those fights with tact gf's if you get it off in time (and possess a paladin sigil), I usually lay Hallowed Ground first with that paladin sigil to quickly follow (placed where the GF is planted), then 1 divine, divine glow, then a normal divine glow, then Astral shield (Again, where the GF is placed), then build my divinity bar to max (I'll use Blessing of battle for that, along with that power buff), then x3 break the spirit in divinity mode, then after that, empowered break the spirit for that 30% dmg increase for the party. It's a nice balance because along with your buffs, you're boosting the GF's potency of his/hers ITF by 95% with what was mentioned there. (HG = 35%, Astral Shield = 40%, Mythic paladin sigil = 20%)
    jazzfong said:

I would say ignore recovery if u are righteous. Astral Shield+GF is weaker than eBTS in terms of buff/uptime, you can use DG, AS, Bts if u want, but i normally dont use AS even i got a GF in party. Slotting Divine Fortune instead of Holy Fervor will grants you more dpm even if you have the off hand feature due to more aoe divine skills to spam.

Just saw this because the typing here is so fast lol. I need to understand here, is this person a full DO dpser?. Because if he is, then yea, he doesn't really need the recovery in that case.

Thank You Jarek for the input, I really appreciate that.
    Curious what you think a decent number I should stop at with recovery is?
    Also what's your character's fashion outfit? lol

Thank You Jarek for the input, I really appreciate that.
    Curious what you think a decent number I should stop at with recovery is?
    Also what's your character's fashion outfit? lol

It really depends, I'll love to know if you're following this guide to be support, or if you're DO righteous and being support or you're going for a DO DPS kill everything in site build?

and xD, as for my fashion, the one in the picture in that signature after every comment I make is :

Head - Hood of the Wild from HR pack

Chest - Sharandar's Iliyanbruen Chainmail Armor

Hands - Can't remember, I think it's the gauntlets of blessing.

Boots - Can't remember lol

And I got a scarf dyed out to match with my get up. Not overly done or over the top.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    My understanding on DC is divinity>recovery. Even you dont have short cd, Avatar will let you to have it. Stacking recovery for shorter cd is unneccessary when your skill cd faster before you recharge and cast your divine encounters. If your gear has it, take it, if not just ignore. At my level i did well (2k high prophet scrub with basic recovery). I am DO debuff DC with moderate dps. That 25 second should be sufficient for you to end a clash and let avatar reset.
    edited June 2016
    I've been following the guide exactly pretty much, so AC righteous.
    Except I went with half-elf instead of sun elf. May change it down the road but I feel like I had good starting roles,
    I got 16 str, 18 wis, and 12 cha as starting roles.
    With campfire buff and wisdom belt on I'm 29 wis, 24 str, and 15 cha.
    As far as artifacts I went with what you said, DC sigil as primary, along with CW sigil, HR sigil, and Symbol of Fire.
    Shirt and Pants went with Prelate's gemmed stuff.
    Neck and waist went with Greater Imperial Dragon Cloak, Greater Belt of Wisdom.
    Bought my Burning set too, didn't want to farm motes and had extra AD so yeah, lol.
    Have the Dragonflight Restoration helm, chest, and bracers. Waiting to get Raid boots, need just a few fangs.
    As far as rings I have Ring of Rising Focus+4, and Ring of Rising Power+4 on my character.
    Stats atm are,
    18,393 power
    6,287 Critical Strike
    7,478 Reovery
    9,052 Defense
    Critical chance 36.7% and severity 76%
    Recharge Speed Increase 46.4%
    Action Point Gain 53.7%
    Sitting at 2,845 IL

And companions, I have the Book Imp(Epic), Laughing Skull(Epic), Owl(Epic)not sure about the owl if he's really worth a slot,might swap him for the Erinyes of Belial(Rare) which I named "Screams when she creams" in honor of the guide, lol, Great name.
    Just bought the SellSword only upgraded her to uncommon so far, and the Mercenary(Rare)from the Heirloom pack, not sure if PC has that one. But he's the one I keep summoned for now. He's basically a TR. And he procs the bondings alot, but will switch to the SellSword once I upgrade her. I only need to have her at Rare for the Consumed by Battle attack right?

Oh and we don't have the loyal avenger gear on Xbox, so I think my next best option would be making the SellSword's neck and waist via personalized double slotted gear through jewelcrafting. And or getting the adorable chomps/bites stuff for a SwordKnot.
    My merc has Ring of Brutality+4 and Ring of Sudden Precision+4. And basic Elven Assault Belt atm.

And last but not least, where do you get the gauntlets of blessing from?
    Aww just looked and can't get them anymore, they were from lion seal vendor. Gonna have find a different set.
    And can't justify buying HR pack just for a hood,lol. Gonna have to go hood shopping too I guess.
    Oh and find boots name pls lol,
    I love the way your character's fashion looks. Every DC on Xbox seems to rock regular armor, Feywild fairy stuff, or hooker outfit lol. So yeah I just wanna stand out a bit.
    I personally rock the Jester's outfit but really like your fashion, looks great.
    Post edited by spookyvapors on
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    how does blessing of battle work? what is the duration of the buff? if there are multiple targets, do you need to apply blessing of battle to as many as you can? the tooltip says it applies to allies and self, but is there a limit on the radius?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    I think recovery has always been of "flavor to taste". Do you want 24/7 AS coverage, plan on stacking around 16K recovery from what I've heard. Pre-righteous, the goal for all DCs was 24/7 AS coverage. Now I think it depends if you ever feel like your waiting on a CD to start your rotation. If there's no waiting then your doing fine. For my DC, I haven't stacked recovery on any enchants or mount.

I've been following the guide exactly pretty much, so AC righteous.
    Stats atm are,
    18,393 power
    6,287 Critical Strike
    7,478 Reovery
    9,052 Defense
    Critical chance 36.7% and severity 76%
    Recharge Speed Increase 46.4%
    Action Point Gain 53.7%
    Sitting at 2,845 IL

And companions, I have the Book Imp(Epic), Laughing Skull(Epic), Owl(Epic)not sure about the owl if he's really worth a slot,might swap him for the Erinyes of Belial(Rare) which I named "Screams when she creams" in honor of the guide, lol, Great name.
    Just bought the SellSword only upgraded her to uncommon so far, and the Mercenary(Rare)from the Heirloom pack, not sure if PC has that one. But he's the one I keep summoned for now. He's basically a TR. And he procs the bondings alot, but will switch to the SellSword once I upgrade her. I only need to have her at Rare for the Consumed by Battle attack right?

And last but not least, where do you get the gauntlets of blessing from?
    Aww just looked and can't get them anymore, they were from lion seal vendor. Gonna have find a different set.
    And can't justify buying HR pack just for a hood,lol. Gonna have to go hood shopping too I guess.
    Oh and find boots name pls lol,
    I love the way your character's fashion looks. Every DC on Xbox seems to rock regular armor, Feywild fairy stuff, or hooker outfit lol. So yeah I just wanna stand out a bit.
    I personally rock the Jester's outfit but really like your fashion, looks great.

Ahh as i know you're AC righteous and following this guide for sure, your recovery is nice, it's basically 7500 so you're already passed what I said is a good starting number of 6k. From watching the current numbers and IL, when you expand/grow, you def want to get more power from that point and from there, it won't hurt to get the recovery up more if possible but if you're around 7500 and it expands to like 8k, I'll say you're fine and no need for more from that point.

Yep, for the sellsword, you need to just have it at lvl 30 which should be Rare/Blue & that ability is yours.

and lmao!. Well firstly, thank you for the compliment on my fashion which I switched the armor right now to something else. Well I hope there isn't too much of y'all running there with my style xD. But the braces, yea, you might have to find your own stand out bracers with that set along with the boots like the cruel boots of smiting or the restoring boots of piericing, they look good, the uncommon/green ones
    edited June 2016
    Ok thanks again. Yeah the power/recovery numbers will definitely grow with time. I'm only at epic with all my gear/artifacts. Working my way slowly towards legendary. And only have 9's and 10's radiants and silvery at this point.
    I'll go ahead and get my sellsword upgraded soon then too.
    And as far as the fashion, yeah I checked out the armor piece but it doesn't give that patches of skin here and there look that I like, if that makes any sense at all, lol.
    What I mean is how on your character you can see the skin of the arms/and bits around the breast area, lol.
    When I look at it it's all chainmail on those parts and covered up. I like yours because it almost looks like robes and armor kinda blended I guess. How'd you get it so the chainmail doesn't show?
    Or wait just checked, is it because of the prelate's stuff underneath is disabled visuals?? I can't do that on Xbox with the shirt/pants for some reason, it's grayed out.
    Anyways, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions/comments,
    big thanks to you and everyone for all the help and info!

Ok thanks again. Yeah the power/recovery numbers will definitely grow with time. I'm only at epic with all my gear/artifacts. Working my way slowly towards legendary. And only have 9's and 10's radiants and silvery at this point.
    I'll go ahead and get my sellsword upgraded soon then too.
    And as far as the fashion, yeah I checked out the armor piece but it doesn't give that patches of skin here and there look that I like, if that makes any sense at all, lol.
    What I mean is how on your character you can see the skin of the arms/and bits around the breast area, lol.
    When I look at it it's all chainmail on those parts and covered up. I like yours because it almost looks like robes and armor kinda blended I guess. How'd you get it so the chainmail doesn't show?
    Or wait just checked, is it because of the prelate's stuff underneath is disabled visuals?? I can't do that on Xbox with the shirt/pants for some reason, it's grayed out.
    Anyways, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions/comments,
    big thanks to you and everyone for all the help and info!

Excellent man

And oh, you mean the Emperor's Mail Shirt & Emperor's Mail Pants. You just transmute your shirt and pants into those emperor's stuff if you want that skin to show. You can either buy it in the AH or make thanks to the mailsmithing profession.
    soonergm said:

how does blessing of battle work? what is the duration of the buff? if there are multiple targets, do you need to apply blessing of battle to as many as you can? the tooltip says it applies to allies and self, but is there a limit on the radius?

Blessing of battle's timer is supposed to be 10 seconds.

No, you don't need to apply it to multiple mob targets if that's what you're asking. If you hit one target & your allies are close enough, they'll get that power buff if you specced into battle fervor. (You'll obviously keep spamming it to try to keep the power buff up.)

Yep, there seems to be a limit on the radius, they def must be in range of the target you hit in order to get the power buff in the first place. I feel like the number is somewhere between 12 & 20 feet but I'm really not sure on that
    edited June 2016
    Ah ok, never knew about the Emperor's stuff. Looks like it's time to get Mailsmithing up because I'm not paying what they're asking for the couple pairs on the AH, lol.
    Thanks again.
    Post edited by spookyvapors on
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Excellent advices.
    Concerning recovery, it's needed if you want to have high AP gain and not only to decrease the cd. Power buff DCs need AA a lot (regardless the current power monster that sooner or later will be fixed). Just an option to think about, but ofc you cannot increase everything so you have to be pretty selective.
    My DC is a strange animal made of high recovey, high AP gain, low crit, high power and dps delegated to the owlbear, but it's an expensive setup. Not for everyone.

Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

If I turn my focus on healing, I will have to forgo the things that make righteous DCs so effective.

1000 times this ^

If you pick Righteous, you're doing it because you don't want to play healer DC.

I aim to misbehave
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm set up similar to Jarek and run similar load outs as he stated above. A few things I have done differently; like putting 1/5 in FotG just to proc Bear Your Sins. I have 4/5 in GoH or Lasting Wishes depending, but both are nice party support. I don't need the AP but a little boost to the party isn't a bad thing. I take Have Faith though as one of the tanks I run with is a GF so the added DR is nice.

I also picked up a Dragonborn Raider for my summoned companion and really like it. Stays at a medium range rather than melee, has 3 offensive slots, 1 ring for a rising power and fast proc for Protector's mount insignias. I'm very happy with this choice right now.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

I think recovery has always been of "flavor to taste". Do you want 24/7 AS coverage, plan on stacking around 16K recovery from what I've heard. Pre-righteous, the goal for all DCs was 24/7 AS coverage. Now I think it depends if you ever feel like your waiting on a CD to start your rotation. If there's no waiting then your doing fine. For my DC, I haven't stacked recovery on any enchants or mount.

I think recovery/recharge speed for solo play is unnecessary but when you're supporting an ungeared team then having AS with almost 100% uptime and being able to use Hallowed Ground more frequently would be very helpful.

• eviltbeviltb Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So after about 3 hours grind I got the Burning Set (yay!).

Wondering what artifact powers you have set for these? The BoB buff seems obvious for main, with AS as secondary. Loads of options for the off-hand would be suitable (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Burning_Icon).

Healers Lore, Terrifying Insight, Anointed Holy Symbol all stand out. Wondering on opinions/choices?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Adding this to my list of useful links.
    eviltb said:

Wondering what artifact powers you have set for these? The BoB buff seems obvious for main, with AS as secondary. Loads of options for the off-hand would be suitable (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Burning_Icon).

Healers Lore, Terrifying Insight, Anointed Holy Symbol all stand out. Wondering on opinions/choices?

Yea for the main, I switch between BoB & AS. For the offhand, I currently run Holy Fervor's own since I have Holy Fervor slotted alot of the times. Healer's lore that I slot sometimes depending, I just wish the power was more than just 150. Divine Fortune I believe is deflection & it's 150, completely useless. If you're DO, then I'll say for sure Terrifying Insight, that's too good to pass up. I can't mention Hastening light here since this currently doesn't work, the offhand feat for it.

Adding this to my list of useful links.

Thanks man.
    edited July 2016
    As DO i run the

eviltb said:

Yea for the main, I switch between BoB & AS. For the offhand, I currently run Holy Fervor's own since I have Holy Fervor slotted alot of the times. Healer's lore that I slot sometimes depending, I just wish the power was more than just 150. Divine Fortune I believe is deflection & it's 150, completely useless. If you're DO, then I'll say for sure Terrifying Insight, that's too good to pass up. I can't mention Hastening light here since this currently doesn't work, the offhand feat for it.
    As DO i run the Holy Fervor bonus on the offhand. Although Terrifying Insight bonus will help your heals. Holy Fervor will do more for your dps.

On main I use BotS.
    Hey, once again, absolutely love this guide!

Question on boons: Did you consider/test Rampaging Madness vs Endless Consumption? I find Life Steal to be one of my least cared about stats and have been looking at Rampaging Madness instead. Just curious your thoughts.

Hey, once again, absolutely love this guide!

Question on boons: Did you consider/test Rampaging Madness vs Endless Consumption? I find Life Steal to be one of my least cared about stats and have been looking at Rampaging Madness instead. Just curious your thoughts.

Hey man and to tell you with Rampaging Madness, I really hate the timing on it. You gain a stack per second, so 50 secs for 50 stacks just for 10 secs of 4k power and life steal & regen I believe. The endless consumption works well for me since with the lifesteal boons and rank 9 darks in the defense slots in my companion's gear, I'm around 12-13% and it procs a fair amount. I just used this since we have pretty subpar self heals. So now a days, I'm a fan of the Endless Consumption more
    That makes sense if they removed the time gate of gathering 1 stack per sec max it would be good.
  • tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Just want to pop in and say thanks for putting up this guide and especially for keeping it updated. It's been a real boon for me, and likely some other PS4 players as well. I've been using it as a template, with a few adjustments for more dps focus, while leveling and it's made the leveling process a non-hair pulling affair. Should hit 70 later today. So the real work is only just beginning. :D

Also, I was a little concerned that my healing might not be up to snuff for the dungeons with such a focus on healing but I haven't had any real problems except for the fools who always stand in the fire. I can't heal stupid, so I don't sweat those deaths.
    when they did the lvl cap increase and people needed more heals i respeced to faithful healer for easy getting until i farmed my BIS gear. Then i immediately respecd to righteous. So something to consider at end game if you run into issues getting parties.
  • tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Thanks for the headsup putzboy78.

Fortunately, I'm lucky enough to be running most group content with guildmates who know I'm more buffs than heals, so they adjust accordingly. Also lucky in that we have a couple folks focused more heavily on healing so I've got backup if needed.