Install Arc
Options

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes: NW.62.20160613a.4

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    terramak said:

Foundry: Still trying out some things. Made some progress on the publishing side, now investigating the search side. I still don't have an ETA though.

That's excellent news! With the removal of "infinite content" from the marketing materials I was honestly concerned that some bigwig had decided to kill it.
    terramak said:

ereeeec7 said:

Please fix Trans briartwine :(

Could I please get a refresher on the symptoms / effects of this issue? I've missed the specifics on any major Transcendent Briartwine enchantment issues.
    I haven't seen a response to this so I went digging in the forums: I have a Pure version and hearing about the bug earlier made me decide to not upgrade it for now. Apparently the trans version isn't reflecting damage like it should.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

@terramak, @strumslinger

First I just want to say that nerfing the Quartermaster enchants (even more) just as a 2x Enchants event is starting is pretty damn insulting.

Second since this nonsense is going to be acct bound now, why not let me get more than 20 bags a day? As it is right now I get 8-12 bags at the normal rate then another 8-12 bags trickles in over the course of a few hours.

When the QM's were released they were pretty nice, you got rewarded based on how much time you invested in farming mobs. If I wanted to farm for 30 minutes, I'd get 30 minutes worth of RP. If I wanted to farm for 8 hours straight, I got 8 hours straight worth of RP. Now, since your company is unable to police its own game to prevent bots, no matter how long I play I'm being given 30 minutes worth of RP.

By the way Strum, you remember that mail I sent you where I showed that 20% of all Stronghold instances were comprised entirely of bot guilds? Yea... thats still a thing.

Then you could easily understand that this was not something right. Nothing in the game gives you 8hours worth RP if farming for 8hours why would this new (QM) enchantment give you? And now that the bots have been hit from the lack of refinement in skill kits you want the (QM) to drop unbound enchantments to get them back in business? Just accept the way things are and enjoy the game the way it's supposed to be. No nagging please.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Thanks Malley. =D

Umm.. Also while you're looking at trans enchants, I remember someone mentioning they did testing and the difference between

R11 Pure Feytouched Enchantment and
    R12 Transcendant Feytouched Enchantment

was pretty minimal. Like, 500 damage. Not worth the cost of 5SMOPS+Coal to upgrade. .. Is there anything that can be done for the R12 to boost it more?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Then you could easily understand that this was not something right. Nothing in the game gives you 8hours worth RP if farming for 8hours why would this new (QM) enchantment give you? And now that the bots have been hit from the lack of refinement in skill kits you want the (QM) to drop unbound enchantments to get them back in business? Just accept the way things are and enjoy the game the way it's supposed to be. No nagging please.

Hi Taboo. Problem is not BoA thig but lack of drops. If somebody has will and guts to play 8 hours farming mobs (well, some people killing bosses with fists in Dark Souls games... that takes a while as well), then let him. Its all BoA so he farm for himself only. Instead of punishing normal players they should add some antibot mechanics. I believe there are some tools to counter bots without destroying legit players gameplay.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @terramak @bbascomdev @rgutscheradev @strumslinger

Since you felt so generous to update us on the current status of the foundry could also we please get our Bi monthy / quarterly PVP Dev post/comment/feedback/update as Well ? : D *nudge nudge*

Thxs :P
    Throw us a bone :D

How is your Teams PVP Research coming along based on our feedback ?

Your Team kindly Posted This

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1216237/what-new-pvp-mode-would-you-like-to-see-in-neverwinter
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kalina311 said:

@terramak @bbascomdev @rgutscheradev @strumslinger

Since you felt so generous to update us on the current status of the foundry could also we please get our Bi monthy PVP Dev post/comment/feedback/update as Well ? : D *nudge nudge*

Thxs :P
    Throw us a bone :D

How is your Teams PVP Research coming along based on our feedback ?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1216237/what-new-pvp-mode-would-you-like-to-see-in-neverwinter

reminder for cryptic boys and girls:wink:

players dont like begging for informations on basic game systems endlessly:blush:

provide informations only when something is ready to go live is understandable only when you already has good working game:smile:
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    terramak said:

Making this one BoP brings it in line with other similar event currencies

"Consistency" would be a much more palatable explanation if it also worked in the players' favour. For instance, you could make the Turmian transmutes from the Dread Legion skirmish Bind to Account on Pickup instead of Bind on Pickup. That would increase consistency. Also, you could remove the class-restriction on the Controller’s Celestial Cowl from the Control Wizard Booster Pack. That would increase consistency.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    terramak said:

Master of the Hunt: This Skirmish now properly scales players to level 64.
    Players are already scaled to 64lvl on live. Enemies are the issue here, they got 71lvl :s
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

Hi Taboo. Problem is not BoA thig but lack of drops. If somebody has will and guts to play 8 hours farming mobs (well, some people killing bosses with fists in Dark Souls games... that takes a while as well), then let him. Its all BoA so he farm for himself only. Instead of punishing normal players they should add some antibot mechanics. I believe there are some tools to counter bots without destroying legit players gameplay.
    Oh, HI Dund!! xD
    I understand so that post featured a wrong problem. The problem should not be what it was before and what it is now. (8 hours worth of drops if farming for 8 hours and less than 8 hours of drops because of the cooldown) The problem then is that before the cooldown even starts the drops aren't enough to give you the same amount of RP other RP-farming enchantments give you in the same time.

And of course I strongly agree with you that there should be another way to do things,I despise bots only because they could steal a player's job.I'd really like to see players that get AD just from farming Enchantments or RP and selling them to AH in a consistent basis like a shop owner.The same way a crafter or a masterwork crafter after hours of farming (too many hours of farming and professions leveling) will sell their masterwork stuff at the AH.I'd really like to see everyone playing their role in the community rather than just having bots doing everything.So even if that was not the best solution am not that mush against it since it promotes the Role-Playing term from the "Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" as MMORPG term Neverwinter is tagged under.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    terramak said:

Mounts
    The Champion's Armored Bulette has hit the gym, and has now returned to its previous size.

Paging @pando83, you might be interested in this... ;)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    terramak said:

Edit: Has anyone seen the Great Weapon Fighter Unstoppable issue (in which they cannot use Unstoppable even when the Determination meter is full) since last week's patch? That build has back-end fix to how certain powers work which could hypothetically have addressed the issue, but given our history with that bug, I'd like to confirm before giving the all-clear.

The bug still exists, got bugged a couple of days ago during DF.

@terramak

• Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

terramak said:

Edit: Has anyone seen the Great Weapon Fighter Unstoppable issue (in which they cannot use Unstoppable even when the Determination meter is full) since last week's patch? That build has back-end fix to how certain powers work which could hypothetically have addressed the issue, but given our history with that bug, I'd like to confirm before giving the all-clear.

The bug still exists, got bugged a couple of days ago during DF.

@terramak

Im bugged each Orcus fight...
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Umm.. Also while you're looking at trans enchants, I remember someone mentioning they did testing and the difference between

R11 Pure Feytouched Enchantment and
    R12 Transcendant Feytouched Enchantment

was pretty minimal. Like, 500 damage. Not worth the cost of 5SMOPS+Coal to upgrade. .. Is there anything that can be done for the R12 to boost it more?

Trans Plaguefire is also a bad joke of less than 200 damage on the so-called AoE. I unwittingly made one on live, and it's a grumble.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    terramak said:

Quartermaster's Enchantment: Existing bags will indeed start dropping BoA refinement once this change goes live. As far as comparing to Dragon's Hoard Enchantment goes, the expectation is that both drop similar RP values on average before slowing down. If that's not happening, or if it's great at 3xR12 but not so great at 1xR10 (for example), that's some data that can prompt further discussion.

They're not directly comparable though. A Dragon's Hoard (or Fey Blessing) costs 5,000 AD (plus some campaign currency) for a rank 8 right out of the gate. A Quartermaster's let's call more or less trivial to get a rank 7, and then a Greater Mark of Potency (currently 16,500 AD) and probably a few Preservation Wards (currently 5,350 a piece) and a decent amount of RP to make a rank 8. And generally you're making a set of 5 instead of just using a couple.
    There are a lot of variables and an ROI involved, so getting the "value" to match is not at all trivial. But there's also a lot of data that we players don't have and probably never will. It would take a lot of dedicated testing, which could be invalidated at any patch, to try to figure out drop rates that the devs should just have at their fingertips.
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Unstoppable bug is caused by temp HP. still happenes, but rare occasions.
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @terramak and @strumslinger - The Preview Server has been down since you posted this thread, any reason why? We want to be able to test things however we can't.

Second since this nonsense is going to be acct bound now, why not let me get more than 20 bags a day? As it is right now I get 8-12 bags at the normal rate then another 8-12 bags trickles in over the course of a few hours.

When the QM's were released they were pretty nice, you got rewarded based on how much time you invested in farming mobs. If I wanted to farm for 30 minutes, I'd get 30 minutes worth of RP. If I wanted to farm for 8 hours straight, I got 8 hours straight worth of RP. Now, since your company is unable to police its own game to prevent bots, no matter how long I play I'm being given 30 minutes worth of RP.

To add to Aya's point here - I've been keep track of my QM drops each day, the overall drop rate is nowhere near inline with the DH, they are half that if anything. I've even split my QMs across multiple toons which helped me see a slight improvement, but it's still not in the range it should be.
    scathias said:

Would it be possible to shed some light on why the DHEs and now Quartermasters give such low RP values? The RP required for a character is incredibly high, and yet every time you guys release a new way for players to get themselves RP it is almost always nerfed soon after. If you want to prevent bots from taking advantage of these items you simply need to make the drops BoA from the start. That way each player still has to farm RP for themselves, but it is no longer an exercise in watching your items tick up by .01% after farming for 12 hours (except you can't since quartermasters and DHEs quit working after like 2h (probably being generous here).

This. You want us to not have to rely on bots, then change the amount that these things drop. The community was happy when you bought out QMs - finally something that allowed us to farm, and improve our toons(and hey, for some of us, make some AD on the side).
  • Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    terramak said:

Edit: Has anyone seen the Great Weapon Fighter Unstoppable issue (in which they cannot use Unstoppable even when the Determination meter is full) since last week's patch?

Happened to me yesterday in CN, Lich fight.
  • Options
    thunderlore2thunderlore2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    @terramak

Quite nice patch notes thank you for the effort! I particularly like the small but much needed fixes like POM and the green loot pickup without the roll that will make many folks happy. Its very good to hear that foundry hasn't been given up as a lost cause i hope that it will return with full force sooner than later.

Any comments on pvp planning? The champion's event hasnt been around for a while also, it created much enthusiasm for pvp.

Is there any news of updates on the artifact active powers though? I mean an artifact dealing 5-10k damage was good before the mobs had 100k HP now it seems to require an update, the issue hasnt been addressed for a while though, hopefully there is some planning on that front!
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User

Future Events

Siege of Neverwinter: Medals of Heroism are now Bind on Pickup. The purchased versions now grant unbound packs that can be traded to other players, and these packs will give bound Medals when opened.
    Siege of Neverwinter: Send Aid to Neverwinter: The guard hiding behind an invisible wall has overcome their shyness and is now willing to interact with players.

Besides this Siege event, what about other like Valindra's Invasion or something?? I never played it. Or new CTAs like Spiders Village and Terror in Blacklake? I mean, it would be great to have all dungeons back and all the skirmishes with their lvl 70 Epic versions but... here we are.
    By the way, nice patch! Aah, and the history tab is still bugged. Mine is bugged with the Dalelands thing and in the part where I write, the mouse cursor is bugged.
  • Options
    playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    20 bags a day is a bit low; but I'm assuming you have pretty low QMs slotted for total %.

I've done some testing on them but w/ this patch coming no need to go on. But the drop rate basically makes a significant difference if you have say 3xR12s vs 5xR12s. So I ended up keeping all 5xR12s on one character for the tests; also let it cool down for a day.

First there is an internal cooldown of ~30 seconds which has not changed from when QMs were first introduced. Average drop rate for the first 2 hours varies depending on luck at ~12-16 bags per hour (spoils and abandoned combined). Then the fall off seems to be like 40% where I'm averaging about 8 bags/hr for the next hour to hour 1/2. Then back up to about 12 bags for the next hour or so.

Now keep in mind the fall off occurs after each bag it seems... so the first hour you may get like 10-12 bags in the first 15-20 minutes, then maybe 1 bag every 4 mins and so on. So for very casual players it may seem like you get a lot all the time.

Only thing I can't figure out is the when there is a total cool down of no drops for a long period of time, if it's based on how many you've accumulated in a day or since the first drop.

Just to keep things in perspective before the first nerf I was getting close to 100 bags per hour. (This actually occurred on a lower alt toon as killing a set of mobs took longer and the 30 sec cooldown occurred at the right times mostly). then on my main I averaged just over 60 bags per hour.

When comparing to DHs and Fey Blessing; keep in mind that each bag averages the value of 1.5 r6 ench. This is because you have a chance to get 2x r6 or 1x r7 (while ~10%+ QM will get you no less than r6, it seems the chance to get 2x r6 or 1xr7 along with a campaign currency is higher w/ higher QM%). Plus you can get campaign currencies (although it is way too rare now w/ the drop rate; I was seeing about a 1% campaign currency return).

@terramak and @strumslinger - The Preview Server has been down since you posted this thread, any reason why? We want to be able to test things however we can't.

To add to Aya's point here - I've been keep track of my QM drops each day, the overall drop rate is nowhere near inline with the DH, they are half that if anything. I've even split my QMs across multiple toons which helped me see a slight improvement, but it's still not in the range it should be.
    scathias said:

Would it be possible to shed some light on why the DHEs and now Quartermasters give such low RP values? The RP required for a character is incredibly high, and yet every time you guys release a new way for players to get themselves RP it is almost always nerfed soon after. If you want to prevent bots from taking advantage of these items you simply need to make the drops BoA from the start. That way each player still has to farm RP for themselves, but it is no longer an exercise in watching your items tick up by .01% after farming for 12 hours (except you can't since quartermasters and DHEs quit working after like 2h (probably being generous here).

This. You want us to not have to rely on bots, then change the amount that these things drop. The community was happy when you bought out QMs - finally something that allowed us to farm, and improve our toons(and hey, for some of us, make some AD on the side).
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

And now the only r6 stacks on the AH are listed at 400k.

I mean ffs. They make the drop rate so miserable that we're dependent on the AH and then they decide that they have to kill supply so hard that players don't have enough surplus that it's worth posting on the AH. QM were finally hitting a happy medium but now the war on bots killed that too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

20 bags a day is a bit low; but I'm assuming you have pretty low QMs slotted for total %.

I've done some testing on them but w/ this patch coming no need to go on. But the drop rate basically makes a significant difference if you have say 3xR12s vs 5xR12s. So I ended up keeping all 5xR12s on one character for the tests; also let it cool down for a day.

First there is an internal cooldown of ~30 seconds which has not changed from when QMs were first introduced. Average drop rate for the first 2 hours varies depending on luck at ~12-16 bags per hour (spoils and abandoned combined). Then the fall off seems to be like 40% where I'm averaging about 8 bags/hr for the next hour to hour 1/2. Then back up to about 12 bags for the next hour or so.

Now keep in mind the fall off occurs after each bag it seems... so the first hour you may get like 10-12 bags in the first 15-20 minutes, then maybe 1 bag every 4 mins and so on. So for very casual players it may seem like you get a lot all the time.

Only thing I can't figure out is the when there is a total cool down of no drops for a long period of time, if it's based on how many you've accumulated in a day or since the first drop.

I'm getting around a 32 average for my standard 6 hours (I play from server reset which is my 6pm - Midnight). I have R10s, 2 each on 4 toons (I main 4, so I cycle through them over the 6 hour period).

I'm getting more by having 2xR10s on 4 than I am having a full set of 5xR10s on 1-2 toons. My daily drops differ, so there doesn't seem to be a set number (if there is, it's high - which isn't what they said they did).

It still randomly fluctuates over the course of a week - there was a day a week ago where I had a spike in drops (3 times the usual amount in my standard 6 hour period) which a few other people said they had similar. Following day the rate went back to abysmal rates.

On the flip side, I've had DHE drop a much higher amount of refinement in that 6 hour period - both in actual drops and refinement value. If they want to align, then increase the drop rate to match.
  • Options
    nvw2013nvw2013 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Anyone know why the preview shard has been down for days??? No one will answer twitter feed or on any forum it seems...
  • Options
    aorioriaoriori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi all. Please explain me how can I observe the progress of this patch emplamantation? I mean, where can I see dates and time of starting these great changes? Sorry for stupid question :(
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    @playersnoopy

I have 5 R12's. I imagine my 20 bags per day guesstimate has a lot to do with the fact that I start to play.. I kill things, I get some drops, then I see the drops/minute fall off dramatically.

When this happens, I start to think about the state of the game, then I get depressed and demoralized and eventually log out. Whereas before I would continuously get drops and actually feel for the first time in months that I was being justly rewarded for time spent in the game.

Now I feel more rewarded by playing other games and keeping the gateway up on my 2nd monitor to manage Leadership and run some SCA's. The more I realize how much more rewarded I feel doing that, the less and less I have any interest in this poor excuse for an MMO.

Maybe Mod 10 will alleviate some of this, but I'm not getting my hopes up just to be disappointed yet again.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Whoa, lots of discussion over the weekend! Will try to catch up shortly. From a quick skim, thanks a ton for all the clarification, feedback, and suggestions, and thanks for verifying that yes, the GWF Unstoppable bug is still happening.

The Preview shard is now back up, apologies for the long downtime.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The time has come! :)
    terramak said:

Mounts

• The Champion's Armored Bulette has hit the gym, and has now returned to its previous size.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I see that the Summer Fest is probably postponed til the last week of August. I'll just work on my tan til then. B)
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    aoriori said:

Hi all. Please explain me how can I observe the progress of this patch emplamantation? I mean, where can I see dates and time of starting these great changes? Sorry for stupid question :(

No need to apologize, it's a reasonable question!

We generally don't announce patch dates (except for module releases), but one may notice a pattern of maintenance times (patch or no patch) on Thursday mornings at 7AM Pacific time (UTC-7). The patch notes are usually posted by @strumslinger on the Wednesday evening prior to the patch.
    valwryn said:

I see that the Summer Fest is probably postponed til the last week of August. I'll just work on my tan til then. B)

Is the in-game calendar suggesting such a delay? If so, I'd better take a look at it!
This discussion has been closed.