test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Protector's Jubilee is Coming!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter is going to celebrate its three-year anniversary! Here's what the new Protector's Jubilee will look like with some hints to the further celebrations in the week to come.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10018513-the-protector’s-jubilee-is-coming

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

I can't find a tooltip for the "Protector's Jubilee Gift"
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    So I take it we just getting same stuff as last time, and time before that? Like all so called "EVENTS". Great if your a new player but how may of same things does a person need?
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

So I take it we just getting same stuff as last time, and time before that? Like all so called "EVENTS". Great if your a new player but how may of same things does a person need?

I 'need' Protector's Garden Keys for the two characters I did not have when the event ran last year. The rest I can live without :)

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    qexotic said:

I 'need' Protector's Garden Keys for the two characters I did not have when the event ran last year.

My point exactly. I've raised a new main that does not have one, ie.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    qexotic said:

I 'need' Protector's Garden Keys for the two characters I did not have when the event ran last year. The rest I can live without :)

Always collect a few extra for new Characters or Classes ya may create durin the next year. ;)

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Or you could've bothered reading. Theu've added new items and a gift system similar to the winter festival.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    qexotic said:

I have garden keys from last time sitting in the bank that I no longer see the point in using because of VIP. There's really nothing up there that all my character can't do from absolutely anywhere.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    If they haven't changed the unlock system, then a single Garden Key is sufficient for all your current and future characters.

It unlocks when a character receives the key, not when the character uses the key. The key is symbolic.
    two30 said:

If they haven't changed the unlock system, then a single Garden Key is sufficient for all your current and future characters.

It unlocks when a character receives the key, not when the character uses the key. The key is symbolic.

The Keys are per character not Account wide. Once the holder of the key enters the door on the bottom, the key gets used up and (poof). I do have a character that can't enter it, so it's not account wide.

*WARNING*: Any character holding extra keys either in inventory or bank......make sure they never enter that door to the Garden or you'll lose the keys. Shared Bank is a safe place.
    I'm assuming from that statement that if you pick the single key up on each character, then stash it safely back in the shared bank, you will still find the garden door unlocked thereafter, without consuming the key at all.

Neverwinter Census 2017

I'm assuming from that statement that if you pick the single key up on each character, then stash it safely back in the shared bank, you will still find the garden door unlocked thereafter, without consuming the key at all.

Right. The mailbox is also safe storage.

Like I said, the key is symbolic. It's an invitation. You can forget to bring the invitation and still get in because you're on the guest list. If you do bring the key (or leave it in your personal bank) then you and the doorman eat the key because it's made of chocolate.
  • sirnickalussirnickalus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Protector Bounty you get one Protector Figurine per day. It is a 7 day event and it takes 15 Fgurines to buy the Garden Key. Am I missing something or are they expection everyone to have zen to buy more Figurines?
    edited June 2016

Protector Bounty you get one Protector Figurine per day. It is a 7 day event and it takes 15 Fgurines to buy the Garden Key. Am I missing something or are they expection everyone to have zen to buy more Figurines?

No, the event redesign didn't take into account that the old pricing structure in the shop was based on being able to earn a lot more figurines.

Old Jubilee gave figurines for daily quest rewards, as much as 5/day, so you could even earn multiple keys for alts with a stronger main (pugging the skirmish in the first year could be excruciating).

New Jubilee has the Protector's Bounty, which you're not even capped on farming as much as your time and tolerance permits. But, it only gives you a single figurine per day. It's not particularly realistic to earn a key unless you opened a Bounty a day from the Warm Welcome leading up to the event, and save some for after, before the store departs. It's impossible to get both key and companion without cash shop purchases, but I highly doubt it was made like that intentionally. They simply didn't change everything necessary when implementing the new reward mechanics.

@strumslinger, while I have my doubts it can be fixed for this year... !!!

Edit: And the event currency expires, so you can't even save it for next year if you fail to get enough for what you wanted.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Could they keep the event vendor up longer? That way you could open more bountys and buy a garden key.
  • merileemerilee Member Posts: 38 Arc User

It's impossible to get both key and companion without cash shop purchases, but I highly doubt it was made like that intentionally. They simply didn't change everything necessary when implementing the new reward mechanics.

@strumslinger, while I have my doubts it can be fixed for this year... !!!

Edit: And the event currency expires, so you can't even save it for next year if you fail to get enough for what you wanted.

I could be mistaken, but I believe what you meant to say was it is "impossible to get EITHER key or companion" given the mechanics of this event ~ 7 days (8 if you play every 20 hours instead of once a day) = 7 Figurines -> 10 for the Entertainer or 15 for the Key.
    No, it's not completely impossible to get the companion if you save some boxes and open one a day after the event ends, as it's reasonable to expect the event store to remain several days longer than the event is active.

A garden key requires that you obtained the free "Warm Welcome" pack and have been opening the included bounty once per day to also gain some figurines before the event even started. Not impossible... just really unlikely. And not possible on more than one character since the pack is one per account.

Still, it's not reasonable to assume that they made it that difficult intentionally. Whoever changed the reward structure forgot to update the shop.

Neverwinter Census 2017

No, it's not completely impossible to get the companion if you save some boxes and open one a day after the event ends, as it's reasonable to expect the event store to remain several days longer than the event is active.

A garden key requires that you obtained the free "Warm Welcome" pack and have been opening the included bounty once per day to also gain some figurines before the event even started. Not impossible... just really unlikely. And not possible on more than one character since the pack is one per account.

Still, it's not reasonable to assume that they made it that difficult intentionally. Whoever changed the reward structure forgot to update the shop.

But that only works if you know ahead of time what had to be done with the Warm Welcome and only wanted a Garden Key for one toon on your account.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    You can also get some figurines when people use a Protector's Hospitality on you, or near you, I am not sure honestly, I have been not paying attention and when i look at the ground next there is a Figurine sitting there
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited June 2016
    I did use the Dance thingie on a crowd standing around Elminster. Many started with didfferent dance moves. Even the 2 Jubliee mounts at the front started grooving.

The radius and duration needs to be bigger.
  • shewolflitashewolflita Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Does anyone know why is Elminster not giving the figurine reward after quest completion he was said to do? This happened this AM to several people and if its a continuing thing tomorrow I know for myself, I wont be participating in the Jubilee.
    Yes I have checked the currency bag LOL Thats how I know its not there and should have been.

Yes I have checked the currency bag LOL Thats how I know its not there and should have been.

Elminster's quests no longer grant figurines, just bounty boxes.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Elminster's quests no longer grant figurines, just bounty boxes.
    TY :)
    Out of Curiosity...........

.........is there a size limit to the Other Currencies and/or the Jubilee Renowns?!? :o

• aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I almost put in a bug report, first there was no 'free item' today, second instead of the usual several figurines (as far as I can remember) you get daily, right now I am only getting 1 a day. OK, I then noticed that the so-called 'free item' for the day is a WB discount, guys, that is NOT a free item it is a discount so that is an outright lie if not at least misleading. Then I read in here in this thread that the one figurine a day is intended and has been changed since previous years. I already have the garden key on what used to be my main character and he sits up there doing his alchemy now, I wanted the key for my now main character, plus if possible for one other character, and was more than prepared to do loads of work to earn both. But now I see that doing the event as intended, there is no way you are going to get enough figurines to get a key for even one character, you only get one a day, my now main character got the welcome pack and has been doing the dailies from day one of the event, he currently has I think 6 figurines and this is with 4 and a bit days to go and a key costing 15 figurines. The other character has I think 2. I already know they do not drop from the event skirmish because I have done enough of those to buy two diff thrones for my now main character, and a bunch on the other one for a throne as well. Not one figurine has dropped anywhere but the single one for the daily quests plus what I got in the welcome pack. So at this rate, there is no way I am going to naturally earn enough figurines for even one key for one character, I will either have to buy Zen (I already spend enough on that as it is) or sell something valuable in the AH to use AD's to buy the figurine bags from others who have spent Zen. Listen-up Devs, the result of this set-up you have now is that instead of plowing into the event and spending lots of time on it, seeing I have the thrones I wanted and cannot earn anymore to sell as they are bound on pickup which would have at least enabled me to trade them in the AH for bags of figurines, what is the point of continuing with the event? Is this what you want? People not able to earn the rewards from the event which it advertises and for them to just say "meh, think I'll pass"... You want people getting into it, it's your third birthday after all, but there will probably be others like me who discover that they aren't able to get the rewards as promised even with a lot of hard work and will just back off from the event and not involve in it. If it is just a cynical ploy to get people to buy Zen so they can then purchase the extra figurines they need for the garden key, then I personally think you have it all wrong.

Edit hours later; I commented in a reply further along this thread to the effect that I did later discover that the time the free item comes along is different to the rollover time of a new day which to me makes no sense, anyway, I went back in and later-on someone in PE zone chat alerted everyone that there were free scrolls of life in the zen store to be picked up. None of us had any idea and we only found out by chance, I for one had already looked in the Zen market and seen nothing, I looked three times. How many times am I supposed to go back in and look? I don't understand why it doesn't re-set like everything else in the game does so we know when to look where... Anyway, I now understand the 'free item' is in fact an 'item' and apologies for my rant. My comment on the figurines and rewards being bound can be found in the reply further along in this thread. I do think it is wrong that items earned through hard work and repetition in the event skirmish cannot be sold on the AH, as I say in the comment, there are people happy to buy bags of figurines with Zen and make extra AD's with it (fine because they are unbound so it is 'as intended'), so those who did all this hard work in the event to earn rewards could have traded that hard work into the reward they wanted by selling the thrones etc in the AH and then buying the extra figurines needed from those who were legitimately selling them, using the items which I earned as a bridge to get the AD's and then the figurines. At the end of the day I would have been getting the advertised rewards through my hard work in the event (and isn't this the point of the event?) and not by spending out-of-event currency.
    Post edited by aganway on
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    You can get figurines from Protector's hospitality, even if the drop rate if terrible too.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @aganway the daily time on the "free item" is 10 am pst, so maybe that is why you didn't get it.

also I saw this on the "news" page "...Players can earn temporary discounts in other stores, novelty items, and much more, all free while the event is running!..." I am hoping this is written wrong and we can still open these boxes for the goodies after the event ends.....I have 1 character I am trying to get a key for and have opened 50+ "protector's bounty" boxes and only have been able to get 1 per day (I currently have 5), at this rate I will have to make a decision if paying $$ for the key is worth it or not

@strumslinger can you please check this out and let us know (1) if the boxes will still give out goodies "after" the event ends and (2) how (other than purchasing from the zen store) players might be able to gain more "figurines" thank you
    The answer to the question you've all been diein to know..........well at least me, ;)

What is the Cap?!?

It's 65 slots or 65K Renown, whichever comes first.

The problem is that there's nothin worth buying in the event market. I could buy tons of lunchboxes or the Otto dance thingies. Those are my only choices....which I don't need. :/
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    tazz4now said:

@aganway the daily time on the "free item" is 10 am pst, so maybe that is why you didn't get it.

also I saw this on the "news" page "...Players can earn temporary discounts in other stores, novelty items, and much more, all free while the event is running!..." I am hoping this is written wrong and we can still open these boxes for the goodies after the event ends.....I have 1 character I am trying to get a key for and have opened 50+ "protector's bounty" boxes and only have been able to get 1 per day (I currently have 5), at this rate I will have to make a decision if paying $$ for the key is worth it or not

@strumslinger can you please check this out and let us know (1) if the boxes will still give out goodies "after" the event ends and (2) how (other than purchasing from the zen store) players might be able to gain more "figurines" thank you

Thx, I actually went back in and some time later someone in zone chat alerted everyone to a free scrolls of life in the zen store, so I understand what you are saying. I was expecting at the daily changeover for it to appear, which you would think was obvious. I probably should have calmed down before I wrote that post as well, I just don't like things being shown as rewards which you are supposed to be able to get by participating in the event and using event currency to obtain, and having it not possible to do. I remember during the PVP event you could buy jackets and boots etc (glorious pirate) using the currency for that event, and it was unbound, you were able to sell it in the AH. This enabled people who were rubbish at PVP to buy the jackets etc and feel special wearing them, I think the rewards you purchase from this event should have been the same. There are people who are happy to buy bags of figurines from the Zen store to make extra AD's with (ok because they are unbound so is 'as intended') so if you could have sold things you earned playing the event in the AH for AD's, you then could have bought the extra figurines you needed using the AD's you earned from the other rewards you sold in the AH which you got through the hard work and repetition you did on the skirmish. Oh well.