test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Influence Rate/ Issues

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Only real problem with influ is people are lazy/hate do their part.

This attitude disgusts me. Soloing 3-5 HEs on one character is not such a big deal, but the number of days where I've done that on 5-10 characters, completely alone because nobody else is around, getting garbage rewards and no character progression because the minor HEs aren't designed to be rewarding and doing bigger HEs will take too much time even if success is possible; having no time to do anything else because with the SH load times and travel time on top of fighting, this eats up all the hours I have; bored, not having fun playing a game, which is *allegedly* something that we do FOR FUN... something has to give.

If you've gotten a few SH levels on a guild built on the backs of the alts of a handful of people, that handful of people are not lazy, and they've done their part and more, but the requirements are ultimately for hundreds of thousands times more than that. If they don't want to run Inf on all their alts every $^%& day for the rest of the foreseeable future, then that's just fine by me. If the alternatives are taking a break from Inf (maybe a very long break) or quitting NW altogether because of not being able to face another day of all-Inf-all-the-time... I'd rather people stayed and did something they actually like.

Of all the things in the game seemingly designed to psychologically break people, Inf is probably the worst. Every other bit of grind that you decide to blow off for self-preservation only affects you personally, but not doing Inf is something that is perceived as harming others (in the form of preventing them from getting shinies) and you can get shamed and shunned over it.

I have a ton of appreciation for people who do Inf, and have managed to not get burned out and are still running it faithfully. I will never condemn someone for not doing it. I don't need more reasons to hate myself.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    yea but yet again this game isn't called Influence farming with Alts, lol
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited June 2016

This game is not called Influence Farming With Alts. We have done enough of that to get where we are. There are no real rewards for doing that, they removed Res stones from the minor encounters and rank 5s are everywhere. The point of the game is to run Edemo, Tiamat, CN, PoM, ToDG, DF and such. Adding Influence to those activities would be a great idea. Most of us have limited game time. Something has to give.

I'd love to be able to have the option to get a random influence chest somewhere in the game other than dragonflight. Heck- make it sellable on the AH for people not in a guild to make some cash.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,148 Arc User
    I would like it if Inf was bound to map and limited to map. Run my 400 in my stronghold, pop over to an ally and run 400 in their stronghold for their coffer.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I would like it if Inf was bound to map and limited to map. Run my 400 in my stronghold, pop over to an ally and run 400 in their stronghold for their coffer.

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    At least 3 structures allow influence Quests - Wizard's Workshop, Barracks & Mercenary's Outpost.
    1. Ranks 1 & 2 give 20 influence for a quest
    2. Ranks 3 & 4 give 35 influence for a quest
    3. Ranks 5 & 6 give 75 influence for a quest
    4. Ranks 7 & 8 give 100 influence for a quest
    5. Ranks 9 & 10 give 150(?) influence for a quest

and can be done daily by each character.

Also in our Guild we do 5x Type 3 HE runs in about 20 min, sometimes after Dragonflight, sometimes not.

I loved the Stronghold Siege for the Blue Vouchers and after I ran all my toon then I ran my main for 6 HEs and "A Fistful of Vouchers".

The Jubillee Trader returns to the Stonghold this Thursday-and the Trader from NeverWinter GIVES. . . OUT. . INFLUENCE VOUCHERS!!!

In Mod 10 (coming soon) they could do HEs with 3-5 Giants (+) as opponents and rewards of Protector's Seals similar to the Elemental seals given out by the Demonic HEs and reward the winners with Rare Blue Influence Vouchers or way less often Major Purple Influence Vouchers.
  • abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    The Temple also allows you to run MC for influence as well
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    You still need to upgrade these buildings though, and even once it's done, what is 20 influence when you have to get over 300k?
    Update:

You can only get influence from each building at the highest rate for it's rank e.g. Rank 5 or 6 structures give 75 influence only.

Thanks for the update on the Temple for influence.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

Update:

You can only get influence from each building at the highest rate for it's rank e.g. Rank 5 or 6 structures give 75 influence only.

Thanks for the update on the Temple for influence.

I have a question if it is okay.
    Doesn't temple give 60 influence on level 5 and 6 aka tier 3 ? and not 75 ?
    We do it regularly every day... so this is a bit confusing..
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Run DFs, SHs, it can give you stronbox of influence. One key on AH is like 20k+. Thats 2k influ. Only real problem with influ is people are lazy/hate do their part.

This attitude disgusts me. Soloing 3-5 HEs on one character is not such a big deal, but the number of days where I've done that on 5-10 characters, completely alone because nobody else is around, getting garbage rewards and no character progression because the minor HEs aren't designed to be rewarding and doing bigger HEs will take too much time even if success is possible; having no time to do anything else because with the SH load times and travel time on top of fighting, this eats up all the hours I have; bored, not having fun playing a game, which is *allegedly* something that we do FOR FUN... something has to give.

If you've gotten a few SH levels on a guild built on the backs of the alts of a handful of people, that handful of people are not lazy, and they've done their part and more, but the requirements are ultimately for hundreds of thousands times more than that. If they don't want to run Inf on all their alts every $^%& day for the rest of the foreseeable future, then that's just fine by me. If the alternatives are taking a break from Inf (maybe a very long break) or quitting NW altogether because of not being able to face another day of all-Inf-all-the-time... I'd rather people stayed and did something they actually like.

Of all the things in the game seemingly designed to psychologically break people, Inf is probably the worst. Every other bit of grind that you decide to blow off for self-preservation only affects you personally, but not doing Inf is something that is perceived as harming others (in the form of preventing them from getting shinies) and you can get shamed and shunned over it.

I have a ton of appreciation for people who do Inf, and have managed to not get burned out and are still running it faithfully. I will never condemn someone for not doing it. I don't need more reasons to hate myself.
    Lol if you are doing it on 10 toons... thats more than "part" im talking about. I used to ran influ on 9-10 toons (with my friends who ran similar number) for months, now Im doing how many I want, mostly 3-5. Majority of people play 1-2 toons max and im talking about them here. Its kinda of laziness if they play few hours per day, run gazillion of CNs but cannot spend 10min for few minor HEs. And hmm, grinding new CN is fun?
    200_s.gif
    edited June 2016

Run DFs, SHs, it can give you stronbox of influence. One key on AH is like 20k+. Thats 2k influ. Only real problem with influ is people are lazy/hate do their part.

Lol if you are doing it on 10 toons... thats more than "part" im talking about. I used to ran influ on 9-10 toons (with my friends who ran similar number) for months, now Im doing how many I want, mostly 3-5. Majority of people play 1-2 toons max and im talking about them here. Its kinda of laziness if they play few hours per day, run gazillion of CNs but cannot spend 10min for few minor HEs. And hmm, grinding new CN is fun?
    2 things here.
    First, doing heroics on 3 to 5 toons as you said, takes roughly 1-1h30, wich is not an irrelevant amount of time, most people are only able to play 2-3 hours a day, so spending half their time doing heroics is not a fair demand towards them.
    Secondly, as many people said before, this game is not called GRIND INFLUENCE ON ALL TOONS.
    Influence is already painful to do everyday on one toon, doing them on several is your choice, but it's basically not pleasurable, and after a few months, it gets completly stuffing...
    I will finish with this = you can't blame people who'd rather run a few dungeons, cause it's actually rewarding (AD wise), when influence is an endless grind that is totally rewardless when level 70.
    So, you can ask your guildmates to grind influence saying it's for everyone's sakes, but,
    you can not force the players to do something that is not rewarding or almost...
    However, increasing the daylie influence cap, or allowing players to get influence from other quests ( not 50 from a quest that is gonna take 20mins from a building that needs to be level 5 or whatever...) would be a good start... I think increasing the cap to 1000 per toon would be very efficient, because it's still mean that you have to play to reach that limit.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User

Secondly, as many people said before, this game is not called GRIND INFLUENCE ON ALL TOONS.

This.

And, alliances are no help since everyone has their own Stronghold they are working on. I noticed that there's a discount that we get on structures in our alliance, but it's miniscule (<1%) and I have no idea what factors into it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Has anyone noticed if Sword and gauntlet guilds can accept influence quests from the helm? That would help a little bit, and only be a minor inconvenience of travelling to the helm stronghold.
    I know that they can't go to our stablemaster and take the racing quest :(
    hustin1 said:

This.

And, alliances are no help since everyone has their own Stronghold they are working on. I noticed that there's a discount that we get on structures in our alliance, but it's miniscule (<1%) and I have no idea what factors into it.</p>

Exactly, and even if it was the case ( guild that has maxed its SH), do you really think they would even do more and help other guilds doing even more Influence ? Hahaha, not happening...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I have an ally that seems to have decided that whatever Inf he gets on his account goes to our SH instead of his, but that's one exceptionally decent human being right there. <3
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

2 things here.
    First, doing heroics on 3 to 5 toons as you said, takes roughly 1-1h30, wich is not an irrelevant amount of time, most people are only able to play 2-3 hours a day, so spending half their time doing heroics is not a fair demand towards them.
    Influence is already painful to do everyday on one toon, doing them on several is your choice, but it's basically not pleasurable, and after a few months, it gets completly stuffing...
    I will finish with this = you can't blame people who'd rather run a few dungeons, cause it's actually rewarding (AD wise), when influence is an endless grind that is totally rewardless when level 70.
    So, you can ask your guildmates to grind influence saying it's for everyone's sakes, but,
    you can not force the players to do something that is not rewarding or almost...
    However, increasing the daylie influence cap, or allowing players to get influence from other quests ( not 50 from a quest that is gonna take 20mins from a building that needs to be level 5 or whatever...) would be a good start... I think increasing the cap to 1000 per toon would be very efficient, because it's still mean that you have to play to reach that limit.

3 things here.
    First, even one toon done is good enough. Team up or solo if your toon in geared (im melting stuff with my 2.5k CW quite fast considering he is rene with frost enchant). No one push people with 10 alts to do their influ with all toons, its good will if they do that. Guild suffer from people who not doing things at all, and then some hard-working ants do alot more than they should.

Guild boons came from our work, not from air. Then you justify those who have time for grind dungeons for hours (im not talking about people who log for short time). No one grind influ to get AD or anything like that. Its simple = do your little part or not. Its not like mods ago when people worked only for their profits. Now we work for us but also for guild which benefit us with higher boons.

Third thing is you proposed no daily cap, yes? And talk about people who dont have time for 3-5 HEs with one toon, yes? So another thing: ants would work even harder for their guild while rest gona farm CN and being happy. Thats not helping. Only making reward per HE higher will benefit both lazy and hard-workers. Cap should stay or be higher lets say 100 influ more, so 500 influ. Shorter grind = all happy.
    200_s.gif
  • bravo8bravo8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I run Low lvl HE's about 20+ at a time and only accept the first 3 since you gain max benefits time vs reward. I have not time it yet ( will do next time I have to run again) to see how long it take me but I only do it once a week. On my alts I do the same and when I do my one prayer I also accept 3x HE's complete task from the previous days. At the moment I have 30k influence stack up between 3 toons. During a 2x event I try to donate to a Guild to access to the marketplace but to me is just another source of AD for me.
  • wolfshedwolfshed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    There are lots of fair points and good ideas in this thread, and I agree there should be more ways to earn influence than just the same HE everyday. Some of the bonus quests are good - like 4 X Icewind Dale HE , as most of us would do this anyway. Others, like RR HE are too time consuming to be worthwhile when one quick SH HE with an alt will earn more.

However... I like that the coffer presents constant challenge to the guild. On the one hand, why should a small or inactive guild be able to advance to the higher levels, on the effort of a few palyers? A large, active guild should always be able to gain greater benefit than a small one as there is greater collective energy being expended. On the other side, the challenge brings huge benefits for guilds.

My guild has around 140 members, a core of 40 or so playing daily. We have achieved GH 12 by taking the challenge together. Every day we do our influence run, usually in parties to spend time together, and generally using only one toon. When we need a boost, many of us run 2 or 3 toons a day, but then will take on t2 or t3 HE for the extra fun and rewards. We have 2 Dragonflight runs a day, one killing all 4 dragons, with reruns, and the other just a smaller event for fang farming. These result in most members carrying bags of vouchers and especially boosting the influence. Generally we can farm 2-300k in a week, so influence is never a concern.

We did recently face issue as we are a PVE guild and needed 7k of the PVP Conqueror shards. We did win a few from PVP events, but mostly got these from the Zen store. Some members may have contributed via real cash, but most of us set up dungeon farming parties to raise AD to convert. We achieved our goals in only a few days - after all farming 150k AD for a SH Box is easy if you are having a blast with your mates.

The key point here is that we are advancing because we are an active guild filled with fun seeking players who really enjoy being in each other's company. What many see as grind, we grab as opportunity to work together and beat the game target.

To conclude, I would like to see add on quests give more influence than the SH HE, to make it worthwhile taking them on, but from my experience I would hate to see the guild development ladder devalued by anyone and everyone being able to hit level 20 without the whole guild having to work at it. If you are in the position of hitting a ceiling, perhaps you need to get more guild activity going or join an alliance which can help by contributing. We now send our surplus to our lower level guilds, which will mean they level up more easily from our patronage. Surely this is a core component of the guild and alliance philosophy? Work together to gain greater rewards just as real world communities do, and if you are really not enjoying what you have to do to reach your goals, change your gaming for goodness sake - you're supposed to be here for a good time at the end of a grind filled day!

Blackthorn
    Officer
    Saviours of Souls

2 things here.

3 things here.
    First, even one toon done is good enough. Team up or solo if your toon in geared (im melting stuff with my 2.5k CW quite fast considering he is rene with frost enchant). No one push people with 10 alts to do their influ with all toons, its good will if they do that. Guild suffer from people who not doing things at all, and then some hard-working ants do alot more than they should.

Guild boons came from our work, not from air. Then you justify those who have time for grind dungeons for hours (im not talking about people who log for short time). No one grind influ to get AD or anything like that. Its simple = do your little part or not. Its not like mods ago when people worked only for their profits. Now we work for us but also for guild which benefit us with higher boons.

Third thing is you proposed no daily cap, yes? And talk about people who dont have time for 3-5 HEs with one toon, yes? So another thing: ants would work even harder for their guild while rest gona farm CN and being happy. Thats not helping. Only making reward per HE higher will benefit both lazy and hard-workers. Cap should stay or be higher lets say 100 influ more, so 500 influ. Shorter grind = all happy.
    I've never said people didn't have time to do influence with one toon a day, i've done this since SH release with 2-7 toons, everyday, and i'm sick of it.
    "No one push people with 10 alts to do their influ with all toons", ow yes, there is, most of big guilds put a lot of players under pressure, some kicks when a player miss his influence deed for a couple of days...
    Guild boons... Another subject very delicate wich i'm not gonna start talking about here...
    "Guild suffer from people who not doing things at all, and then some hard-working ants do alot more than they should."
    Guild suffer ever since SH release, put so much grind into the guild stronghold was a stupid idea, wich divides players, and signed the death of most small/medium guilds wich were absorbed by bigger ones...
    " Its not like mods ago when people worked only for their profits." AND THIS = at least premod6 were good mods, where we had, dungeons , foundry, a more or less balanced classes, do you want me to carry on ?

"No one push people with 10 alts to do their influ with all toons", ow yes, there is, most of big guilds put a lot of players under pressure, some kicks when a player miss his influence deed for a couple of days...

It's frightening how many people have told me stories ingame of experiences they had with abusive guilds. It's only made me more determined that our guild will be a safe harbor from that sort of thing.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,148 Arc User
    Yes. Do what you can, when you can, when you are willing. Primary thing is to have fun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    One Dev already said he pitched the case of not enough influence in the stronghold but the rest of the devs (his boss ) did not agree with him .. I could find the quote somewhere .,.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

hustin1 said:

This.

And, alliances are no help since everyone has their own Stronghold they are working on. I noticed that there's a discount that we get on structures in our alliance, but it's miniscule (<1%) and I have no idea what factors into it.</p>
    The discount to structures is a function of your guild's position in the alliance, and the allinace rank (sum of all allied guild hall ranks). Alpha guilds, get a bigger discount than Beta guilds, which get a bigger discount than the gamma guilds. At the moment in my alliance the alpha guild gets 9.3% discount, the beta guilds 4.6% discount, and gammas about 2.3% discount. Every time one allied guild's hall is improved the discount also improves.

On the subject of cross donation I have seen a lot of it in my alliance. My guild Chaos United have been sending out influence and certain shards to allied guilds and they have been sending us campaign currencies, gems, and surplus equipment. In fact we are getting so much of this stuff that I am thinking about holding a thank you day, where all the influence we farm on that day goes to allied guilds.
    I was negative about alliances pre launce, but I must say the discount and the Alliance influence runs means that small guilds are helped a lot.

If you are the only member of a small guild on at a time you can still run the Major Influence with Allies. If your coffer is filled with something you can donate to alliance to not waste bag space and get guild marks for DF gear.

Allies have donated to our SH helping us very much. Now it might be because we are in an totally awesome alliance (which we are), but I would assume that the same is true for other alliances.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

edited June 2016
    mynaam said:

hustin1 said:

This.

The discount to structures is a function of your guild's position in the alliance, and the allinace rank (sum of all allied guild hall ranks). Alpha guilds, get a bigger discount than Beta guilds, which get a bigger discount than the gamma guilds. At the moment in my alliance the alpha guild gets 9.3% discount, the beta guilds 4.6% discount, and gammas about 2.3% discount. Every time one allied guild's hall is improved the discount also improves.

On the subject of cross donation I have seen a lot of it in my alliance. My guild Chaos United have been sending out influence and certain shards to allied guilds and they have been sending us campaign currencies, gems, and surplus equipment. In fact we are getting so much of this stuff that I am thinking about holding a thank you day, where all the influence we farm on that day goes to allied guilds.
    I was negative about alliances pre launce, but I must say the discount and the Alliance influence runs means that small guilds are helped a lot.

If you are the only member of a small guild on at a time you can still run the Major Influence with Allies. If your coffer is filled with something you can donate to alliance to not waste bag space and get guild marks for DF gear.

Allies have donated to our SH helping us very much. Now it might be because we are in an totally awesome alliance (which we are), but I would assume that the same is true for other alliances.
    I wouldn't say that 8% boost xp and 2% discount on SH structures is helping a lot. It's nothing compared to how much small/medium guilds loose of their identity to become part of a "superguild".
    The effect is similar with the introduction of Stronghold mod, Big guilds rule and absorb small guilds, Alpha and Beta guild do a bit the same in alliances... They have control over omega's guilds and lead the rest of them.

• bashteros1234bashteros1234 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    After taking the wards from the tarmalude trade bar, that could be a good place for a influence booster. For example a wand that doubles the amount of influence on the account for 1 hour (of course for a reasonable amount of trade bars).
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

After taking the wards from the tarmalude trade bar, that could be a good place for a influence booster. For example a wand that doubles the amount of influence on the account for 1 hour (of course for a reasonable amount of trade bars).

NO! Not trade bars.

Can we just stop with the idea of making trade bars another form of currency? Trade bars are a consolation prize, they are what you get when you fail to get what you want from lock boxes. What they should allow you to buy, THE ONLY THING, they should allow you to buy are items you can normally only get from lock boxes. That way if you lose enough, but get enough bars, you can still get that legendary mount.

What the trade bar store should NEVER BE is a store where all the useful, time saving, or popular cosmetic items are kept. The trade bar store, in this regard, is horribly broken. Lets not seek to find ways to make it worse.

NO! Not trade bars.

Can we just stop with the idea of making trade bars another form of currency? Trade bars are a consolation prize, they are what you get when you fail to get what you want from lock boxes. What they should allow you to buy, THE ONLY THING, they should allow you to buy are items you can normally only get from lock boxes. That way if you lose enough, but get enough bars, you can still get that legendary mount.

What the trade bar store should NEVER BE is a store where all the useful, time saving, or popular cosmetic items are kept. The trade bar store, in this regard, is horribly broken. Lets not seek to find ways to make it worse.

Great Post +2
  • bashteros1234bashteros1234 Member Posts: 46 Arc User

NO! Not trade bars.

Ah ok, I never saw it that way (and as far as I know, the store never was restricted to lookbox items), but you presented a good and consistent view of the trade bar store. Just wanted to throw in an idea for the influence bottleneck that would be advantageous to Cryptic.