test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.62.20160523a.4

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Our patch notes for maintenance on 6/9, which should fix some of the major issues with Guild Alliances.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10007003-patch-notes:-nw.62.20160523a.4

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I am glad that stuff is getting fixed, it was a rather critical part of the whole Alliance update.
    It would be nice to have a dev comment about why the Vouchers in the Regal Stronghold Pack bound to character when you open the pack. This is a lockbox, items that drop from lockboxes are not supposed to be BoC. the devs have screwed up with other drops like the Blood Crystal Raven Skull and the Eye of Lathander when those were first placed in a lockbox, but this is the first time that a non class/character oriented item was bound.

There is absolutely NOTHING in the tooltip of the Regal Stronghold Pack that would indicate the vouchers contained inside are bound to my character. If i open that pack based on that tooltip i fully expect to be able to sell the contents
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • thunderlore2thunderlore2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    Very positive patch notes thank you for them. May i ask if the upgrade of buildings is also being fixed as we were unable to upgrade out structure or basically do anything with them.

Also what about the few bugs with the bank permissions and guild permissions tabs i hope they getting a fix in the hindsight too.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Thanks Andy! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    GREAT job! I hope there's a smooth launch in the morning. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm hoping the 24hr wait period will be over in time for some weekend BBQ'd Dragon time :D
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Caritas was never a member of either GG faction. Hopefully the particular manifestation of "unable to join an alliance" that affects us (and many others in our situation) is also addressed by this patch.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Good to hear alliances get fix.
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    wait a minute so u had a fix for it but still released the bugged one ??? why do u do this??? are u trolling the player base or something??? what prevented you from postponing the launch until this fix was incorporated into the build???
  • gwhryrgwhryr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    can we build buildings after maintenance? i didnt read something about.....
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    yawulf said:

what prevented you from postponing the launch until this fix was incorporated into the build???

reasons

/10char

I aim to misbehave
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    i don't like the new campaign change one bit where my friends didn't seem to llike it much either cause when i had seen how sharadar got the new change i was very disappointed in that and how they couldn't give dread ring the same thing cause i know this game needs alot of work if they could change sharadar and dread ring i sure would love to do them at 60 then 70 if we could also have a free appearance change from Elemental of Evil campaign
    Post edited by teamstephon on
  • mimijemmimijem Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    any fix for the loading screen crash and close every time i try to play?
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    yawulf said:

wait a minute so u had a fix for it but still released the bugged one ??? why do u do this??? are u trolling the player base or something??? what prevented you from postponing the launch until this fix was incorporated into the build???

They had a partial fix that didn't work out. (every guild with old GG membership could have joined an alliance once, but if they would have left it they wouldn't be able to join again - but they failed, they could not join even the first time)
    Now they just did another "hotfix" - lets hope they didn't mess it up again.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    mimijem said:

Have you tried putting -d3d9 in the command line?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • allegatoor#1146 allegatoor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Will the "protect foreign merchant" quest start working? It feels like some protector's jubilee stuff got launched early with the gift in protector's enclave, but the associated NPCs/Shops/Quests don't exist yet. (One item references Elminster in PE as well.)
    kreatyve said:

mimijem said:

Have you tried putting -d3d9 in the command line?
    yes tried that didnt work neither did safemode or vertification

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Very positive patch notes thank you for them. May i ask if the upgrade of buildings is also being fixed as we were unable to upgrade out structure or basically do anything with them.

I reported the unable to upgrade on preview so fingers crossed it's fixed as well! If not once you join an alliance you should be able to upgrade again, at least I could on preview after joining an alliance.
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2016

It was the same issue that prevented allianceless guilds from tending the buildings, so there is a good chance that they fixed it too with this.

Will the "protect foreign merchant" quest start working? It feels like some protector's jubilee stuff got launched early with the gift in protector's enclave, but the associated NPCs/Shops/Quests don't exist yet. (One item references Elminster in PE as well.)

Almost certainly you will have to wait 'til the event starts.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Can we have a answer about the Skyhold maps for Masterwork professions not giving the proper resources? All the other maps work properly, but those give the same resources as Vellosk.
    @strumslinger @terramak @asterdahl
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    The new campaign layout is still confusing and not as user friendly as it could be.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
    mimijem said:

thanks guys its all fixed after patch great work i can finally play again!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    gwhryr said:

Nope
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    eolee said:

Can we have a answer about the Skyhold maps for Masterwork professions not giving the proper resources? All the other maps work properly, but those give the same resources as Vellosk.

Ouch, that's bad.

I found and fixed it on our end.

I will shake some trees in an attempt to get it in as early a patch as possible. I'm not a producer, though, so please be aware I can't promise anything in terms of dates. All I can do is beg. :P
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

I'm not a producer, though, so please be aware I can't promise anything in terms of dates. All I can do is beg. :P

At least we heard from someone on the other side of the fence.

Thanks @rgutscheradev - appreciate the response.

I aim to misbehave
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    greywynd said:

gwhryr said:

Nope
    So you still can't upgrade or build new buildings now? Am I reading that right?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Laughing Skull companion, now occasionally rolls on the ground... IMO It looks Stupid, I don't like it at all :{
    also, still waiting patiently for the Panther mount to have an insignia combination that works :-"
    Thanks for fixing the guild stuff, yes we are ready to upgrade {on pins and needles} wanna buy my DF gear :D
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

We have nothing we can upgrade until we build, so there is no way for me to tell. We were looking at putting up our mine on Tuesday, but patch happened.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    greywynd said:

kreatyve said:

We have nothing we can upgrade until we build, so there is no way for me to tell. We were looking at putting up our mine on Tuesday, but patch happened.
    Okayyyy... then your "nope" was uninformed scaremongering.

While it was not mentioned directly in the patch notes, both not being able to tend and not being able to build/upgrade were the same bug, more broadly not being able to interact with structures on your own Stronghold map.

Judging by the lack of new posts on the subject, I'd infer that the fix worked and people can both tend and build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.