What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Changes Coming to Neverwinter

123457»

Comments

• goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    djsuperfunx said:

"Andy and Friends

broken shadowclad enchant and this stealth fashion is breaking pvp ..

PVP isn't about running around invisible capping nodes and stabbing people in the back is it ?"

no, PvP is about running back & forth between the spawn point, & the 1-shot ring of death. Maybe if the gearz-monsters would let lower IL players cap for points, the invisible enchants & fashion items would not be necessary. But they are. Maybe if the devs hadn't added a quota requiring a certain number of points to get ANY rewards from a PvP match, they wouldn't be necessary. But they are. When a team can have 2 players hold cap-ponts all by themselves, & the remaining 3 can defend against an entire party... it's time to start talking about introducing tier system to PvP. Until then.. invisibility SHOULDN'T be necessary... but it is.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

@elsahellbringer either you are exeggarating that you couldnt do CN with 3k party or your group was made up from the worst players in this game.I am 3.2k GF and I did it with 3 2-2.5k dpers and 2.6k DC.We had a 3k dps before reaching Orcus.He refused to listen DC at Orcus fight and got wiped 2 times .He ragequitted and got replaced with 2.2k TR.I dont think I have done better Orcus with complete strangers.You need to know your and other class mechanics pretty good if you want to run CN with strangers and undergeared people.

Also CN supposed to be a little bit harder than others since it is endgame dungeon.I wish it was harder.It might push me to get my GF over 3.5k+.I dont need it with current difficulty so I put my GF aside and started on 2nd toon.It is 2.8k and I can easily breeze t1s and t2s.I am sure I can breeze Orcus when I hit 3k on my GWF(2nd toon) too.

Because it's so much fun getting one shotted with no warning by two of Orcus's green spheres of death appearing overlapping on you with no warning whatsoever, I really should play better. The determination changes might have taken away any chance I had, not sure how much overkill it was, but in combination with the pally changes they certainly did. (3.5K GWF with a lot of HP)

The main problem with the changes is that the old ways covered up some of the deficiencies in the game. I did the blue stronghold dragon yesterday, got one shotted 12 times by the small red circles. Why ? well the circles only appeared after I was dead from the damage they did, survivable with a pally bubble. (and I have a decent ping for somebody in the UK and a good graphics card so the lag problem is not at my computer)

• revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User

dsn1118 said:

@elsahellbringer either you are exeggarating that you couldnt do CN with 3k party or your group was made up from the worst players in this game.I am 3.2k GF and I did it with 3 2-2.5k dpers and 2.6k DC.We had a 3k dps before reaching Orcus.He refused to listen DC at Orcus fight and got wiped 2 times .He ragequitted and got replaced with 2.2k TR.I dont think I have done better Orcus with complete strangers.You need to know your and other class mechanics pretty good if you want to run CN with strangers and undergeared people.

Also CN supposed to be a little bit harder than others since it is endgame dungeon.I wish it was harder.It might push me to get my GF over 3.5k+.I dont need it with current difficulty so I put my GF aside and started on 2nd toon.It is 2.8k and I can easily breeze t1s and t2s.I am sure I can breeze Orcus when I hit 3k on my GWF(2nd toon) too.

I agree w/ @elsahellbringer on this. We had the same experience with CN and our group runs anything in the game with little to no difficulty. The best we did on the boss with our GF was 1/3. One mistimed attack and he's one shotted. the other boss fights are great. one shots are not fun.
    Do you have +8000 defense due to your guild by any chance ? cause there is only one way to tank with a gf under 3k, otherwise you just loose aggro or you just can't hold the hits...
    I did it with a 3k GF with 18k defense, and we still got wiped...
  • getsume#1425 getsume Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I can understand castle never being hard but it shouldn't have a 2k item level requirement. I mean let's be honest if everyone in the group was 2k it couldn't be done.
    The only reason I can think of that it should stay 2k requirement is so you could get carried through it by people who aren't but if that's the case they should just make it so if your doing a private queue group, item level requirement doesn't matter. That way the item level requirement would be able to be higher and there wouldn't be much of a problem
    Have I ever told you I'm a genius?