test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Siege of Neverwinter, Vouchers and Strongholds

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
Cryptic should take the voucher drops occurring in the Siege of Neverwinter and add them to the mobs and HE's in the Stronghold. Over the past week I've seen new life breathed back into Stronghold building as my guildies finally feel like they have something they can do to actively earn resources for the coffers.

And the best part about these drops is people can feel good about donating to the guild without feeling like they're spending AD, gems, or campaign currency they need to upgrade their own characters.

I have some guildmates who are having fun running around the Siege map for hours collecting vouchers. It may seem repetitive or grindy to some people, but to others it also brings a great sense of accomplishment. After a couple hours collecting vouchers, they can donate to the coffers and actually see the needle more a bit.

It's rewarding and satisfying to see effort directly result in noticeable progress, a feeling that is often lacking in Neverwinter right now.

The vouchers were a fantastic addition to the Siege event, and I'd love to see the goodwill played forward into the Stronghold maps.
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1

Comments

• Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    I had the same exact thought. ++++
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Agreed.

I've always made it clear to my guild members that while yes, I want them to donate to the coffer, that they are not to donate at the expense of their characters' progression. Fortunately, we have some OLD characters who have all the campaign boons, so they, of course, donate freely. Most of the others give what they can, when they can.

This has absolutely "hampered" our structures progress, but I honestly wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that people were neglecting their own progress to feed that hungry mimic of ours.

As an aside, the mobs on the SH who are standing next to the piles of crates: after defeating them, the little NPCs that are rescued say "we'll get these supplies back to the stronghold" (paraphrasing), so why doesn't the supply count go up? These crates should drop supplies, and/or at the very least, increase the amounts in the coffer (to the credit of the folk(s) who were involved in that fight).

AND... after finishing a "Support ...." quest for the Master of Coin, perhaps part of the reward should be "they've sent along a care package".. in the form of a voucher for that campaign. This would further allow the characters who are still working on their boons to be able to contribute and feel good about their efforts.

I'm not one of those "I want it all.. and I want it NOW" type of people (okay, I am, but I'm also very very patient), but these minor QoL changes would really help out guilds of all sizes, and as Zerg said, there has been a new life breathed back into Stronghold building. Morale is the highest it's been in quite some time. There were almost 20 people online at one point yesterday morning. MORNING. There's never anyone online in the morning. lol

Cheers to the vouchers, and to whomever came up with that idea. Seeing them continue after the event ends would be a massive boon.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Vouchers are the event.

They're great, though I wish influence vouchers were a bit more common and the gem, influence, and surplus vouchers kind of give a low amount. It's otherwise made a huge difference in getting the surplus equipment and tyranny goals met for the guild I'm in, both of which have very high requirements for several current/upcoming building goals.
  • Options
    We're currently bottlenecked at Surplus EQ... 15k pieces of green gear is a bit... much. Needless to say, those vouchers are really saving our bacon.
    header.png
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @Instynctive I have large amounts of surplus my guild doesn't need and won't need. contact me in game
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The vouchers are great, though I'm at the stage of having to find inventory space to save them for later, because Influence is a badword.

Edit: Oh! I forgot the important part. Yes, adding them permanently to the drop tables of stronghold mobs would be swell. This is an activity that anyone can do, whereas Dragonflight/Siege PvP are really not. I doubt that the drop chance would be kept so high though. I think it's set high because of the ephemeral nature of events.

I also like @instynctive's suggestion that "care packages" should manifest in the form of campaign vouchers for each of her support quests.

Also, our sneak preview of the Jubilee Trader only made me think that it needs to be a permanent game feature, not tied to another event. Turning the food, etc. that just stagnates in my guild's structures because it's going to take *months* to obtain the Influence needed to do *anything*... taking those resources and directly converting them into a source of any resource that we're bottlenecked on and cannot generate more quickly without it taking a severe toll on mind and body (I'm not kidding... running 100+ minor SH HEs per day is bad for anyone)... well jeepers, doesn't that sound like the best thing ever? Why teases us with having it be temporary?

And while I'm at it, in my opinion, the demonic HEs on the SH map need to go. There is no reason to run them over the more rewarding ones in campaign zones (because of daily quests and more players), and they are just in the way. Does anyone actually like having these?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

We're currently bottlenecked at Surplus EQ... 15k pieces of green gear is a bit... much. Needless to say, those vouchers are really saving our bacon.

If you need surplus equipment, get all your guildies to put Quartermaster's Enchantments in their utility slots.

Rank 7 QM enchantments will ensure mostly Spoils of War drops -- and though opening them might only give you rank 2 enchantments or low level potions if you just have 1 or 2 rank 7s, you can drop the Spoils in the coffer unopened for 350 Surplus Equipment points.

Buy rank 5 QM enchantments for 60 Dragon Cult insignias, and it takes very little RP to get them to rank 7. It gets more expensive after that, since you need another enchantment of the same rank.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    scathias said:

@Instynctive I have large amounts of surplus my guild doesn't need and won't need. contact me in game

As soon as it's back up I will.. thank you!

If you need surplus equipment, get all your guildies to put Quartermaster's Enchantments in their utility slots.

Yup.. working on that, thank you!

header.png
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    btw, the quartermaster ench drops unbound RP from spoils of war, load yourself with r9's or above and kill lvl 68 or above mobs. There are some people farming RP this way already and they arent all "manual". So we pretty much can welcome back those who cryptic tried to get rid of.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    This event is like Christmas for guilds. Not to mention we have 2x Guild Marks event now so seems like Easter hit at the same time. :)
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    If these blue vouchers from the event replaced the white stolen treasure vouchers that drop i think it would be good enough. I get 1-4 of the white vouchers every time i do my 3 HEs so that sounds about like a decent drop rate no? cryptic wouldn't want to ruin the business they have set up of doing dragons for vouchers, though they could just buff the dragon flight rewards XD
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    @scathias .. you've got in-game mail.

Thanks!
    header.png
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    you got my thanks for that suggestion and hope it gets adopted.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    scathias said:

If these blue vouchers from the event replaced the white stolen treasure vouchers that drop i think it would be good enough. I get 1-4 of the white vouchers every time i do my 3 HEs so that sounds about like a decent drop rate no? cryptic wouldn't want to ruin the business they have set up of doing dragons for vouchers, though they could just buff the dragon flight rewards XD

It would be reasonable. From the department of dev posts nobody remembers but me, "Stolen Treasures" are actually capped at 30 drops per day, which I believe is per character, but grinding on your SH map with a character that's already capped their Influence for the day is dumb, so I'm sure nobody ever really hits that cap.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    FYI: @scathias is pretty awesome. As is @micky1p00 and @jaegernl. Much love to you guys.
    header.png
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    + on this, very2x good idea.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User

And while I'm at it, in my opinion, the demonic HEs on the SH map need to go... Does anyone actually like having these?

Demonic HEs on the stronghold map don't drop Influence so my guild doesn't bother with them. So no, we don't like having them.

A lot of good ideas swimming around here. Here's hoping they get implemented.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    agreed mobs on sh map should drop blue vouchers but think this alone would not be enough to get rid of Influence slowing down guild progression
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Well, that's another can of worms. In my opinion, influence should be earned by doing things with your guild. Completing dungeons, raids or HE's while grouped with giuldmates should all give a chance to drop influence vouchers. The more guildmates in a group, the higher the chance and higher quality of the influence drops.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    +++
  • Options

Well, that's another can of worms. In my opinion, influence should be earned by doing things with your guild. Completing dungeons, raids or HE's while grouped with giuldmates should all give a chance to drop influence vouchers. The more guildmates in a group, the higher the chance and higher quality of the influence drops.

Something I've been wondering about is where does all that Caer-Konig Reputation go once you've maxed it out?

Should be able to trade that in for Influence, perhaps? They're sort of related. :-)
    header.png
  • Options
    @instynctive Well, truth be told the folks of Ten-Towns still think you're kind of a jerk, regardless of how many polar bears and trolls you've killed...and after that incident with the young yeti and the wedding dress, I wouldn't necessarily be quick to drop that excess rep, if I were you.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Wow.. does EVERYONE know about that? That's the last time I trust Gurth to keep his big slow mouth shut.

:-/

header.png
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I would love to see the voucher drops in all of the SH content, mob killing, etc, I am the only person in my small guild still playing on a regular basis (everyone else quit or only plays a few times a week) and am currently leveling up the SH to level 3 (don't laugh, it's been hard doing this solo LOL), I saw that I need something like 60+ thousand influence and one of the other things is needing 5 digit amounts, I realized it will take me 4-6 months of grinding with all of my alts daily as much as possible both the SH and outside content just to get the GH to level 3, so any help with obtaining "extra" SH stuff in the form of vouchers would be more than welcome, and please consider raising the daily cap on influence or better yet let us make some of these "other" things in professions.....other area currencies don't give out much when put in the coffer. I have been grinding the event so hard with all of my alts and actually having a leisurely, fun time doing it, PLEASE add these Vouchers to ALL content (maybe some IWD vouchers for doing IWD content, and the same with all of the other areas)
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    Agreed 1000%

As someone that likes to farm stuff for SH to make it easier on the rest of the guild its feels almost pointless to actually farm the SH itself. The white vouchers, equipment and gem drops (HEs) offer such little rewards its almost a waste of time to farm them.

Where as the rewards from blue vouchers make the time spent farming them feel worth it.
  • Options
    hroya#2189 hroya Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    How about just like the Quartermaster enchants that let you find and collect equipmentbags throughout the game, you could instead equip Battlehonour enchants or such. With those you have a chance, equal to the Q-enchants, to find vouchers while your're questing/killling in campaign maps.

It will let characters who still need campaign tokens to progress to donate aswell. Voucher type would be tied to the map you're currently playing of course.

Sub 70 or 70's that are not in one of the campaign maps could find lesser quallity "free for all" vouchers, still able to donate to any of the campaign treasures but at a much lower quantity.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I suggested this in the Alliances thread on Preview:

How about treating influence gain like campaigns, and have a weekly quest for 2000 Influence, as well as the daily SH task. This way the people who only log in on the weekends can actually contribute in a meaningful way.