test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes: NW.62.20160427a.3

Comments

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Request for them to cap at 1 per stone....fine, cool. Won't reduce them one bit. Nerf it any harder, and back we go to augments and monotony. Personally, I like seeing actual companions in use.

I agree. Bonding runestones are fine. They add variety. The only thing which needs to be fixed is having more than three stacks. That's obviously a bug.

• kikisealekikiseale Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    You guys are panicing over big guilds ? no, most big guilds are locked on 1/2 coffer donations. joining them will NOT put you at their "mercy" you will acquire their trickle down from (otherwise) locked coffer donations, and you being in the alliance opens up a channel for grouping , provides fodder for your coffer that you cant supply yourself, and for the larger guild allows them to donate what they could not before, a larger player base and unlocks both vendor levels and boons. there are like minded guilds out there, a guild that requires smaller guilds to perform, loses that smaller guild, other guilds get the priveledge of enlarging the armada. do not worry about silly things like big guild dominance

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

terramak said:

The "Worn Gauntlet" asset in Black Ice Shaping may no longer be sold or discarded.

@terramak .. you guys have been super busy.. some great QoL updates here...

However, I feel that it's a very bad idea to make anything unable to be discarded, especially if it can't be sold or traded.

In the case of the "Worn Gauntlet", it's not a huge deal.. I have lots of space in my asset bag, but at some point, that bag WILL fill up... and since I don't do Black Ice professions, it's wasting an inventory slot.

Please reconsider (I know you won't) making items that are unable to be discarded. Everyone should be able to throw away anything they want from their inventory... unless it's a cursed item ...but even then, there should be a way to discard the item (a long, hard side quest to get the object "cleansed", and/or the curse broken.)

Thanks for listening!

They did this because I suggested they should. So yeah, thanks for listening.

Players who accidentally lose their worn gauntlet are completely unable to upgrade equipment with black ice shaping unless they spend hundreds of thousands of AD on a replacement gauntlet.

I think that's more important than a few people who do crafting (thus fill up assets) but aren't interested in upgrading their equipment (?) having one asset slot occupied.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2016
    Oh yeah, to temper people's hopes - This build is not expected to go to the live shard next week (as I'm sure those of you who have seen the current in-progress state of the updated Campaign UI have guessed).

I'm aiming to get another update to NeverwinterPreview around the end of this week.

For those of you leaving feedback on Sword Coast Chronicle and the Guild Alliances system, please make your voice heard in the feature threads (linked in the patch notes, in the Highlights section for each feature).
  • zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Hello!

I took the quest "refine elem. enchantments shards" and didn't complete it because it is a waste of coal. ward and now I cant abandon this quest. I have this quest since it appeared - so atleast 6 months (dont remember) lol.
    Also I reported some bugs with sw powers, dont know if they will be fixed with class changes http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210015/two-more-sw-powers-that-dont-proc-weapon-enchantments.
    Also I have prob with stamina regen. on my sw since the new mod. I seems broken since that patch that changed: "soul sparks cant be dispelled anymore" (honestly dont know what that means). Maybe it was because of that dwarven stamina boon. Hope this patch solves it. Thank you.
    zefiroot said:

Hello!

I took the quest "refine elem. enchantments shards" and didn't complete it because it is a waste of coal. ward and now I cant abandon this quest. I have this quest since it appeared - so atleast 6 months (dont remember) lol.

Just refine the shards with a pres ward or no ward at all. The quest isn't "make an enchant", it's "try refining these shards".

Neverwinter Census 2017

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    This was first introduced as a means for smaller guilds to band together in order to keep up with larger guilds in terms of boons.

The way this is described, it seems the actual outcome is to make large guilds even stronger.

I see why a hierarchy of guilds is easier to design and develop (and understand it mirrors what STO already does). However, in real life countries and kingdoms more generally banded together more-or-less as equals to withstand a stronger rival. Look at the clans of Scotland vs. England, the American colonies vs. England, OK enough picking on England. The Holy League vs. the Ottoman Empire.

The system as presented is the Roman Empire and its tribute states. Guess which guilds have to be the tribute states.

I really do want to see improvements that help small guilds be more relevant. Based on the little I have seen, this design feels like it will reinforce to small guilds that they are, well, small.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @terramak
    please reduce cost of CW's\DC's masterwork armor
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User

Request for them to cap at 1 per stone....fine, cool. Won't reduce them one bit. Nerf it any harder, and back we go to augments and monotony. Personally, I like seeing actual companions in use.

I agree. Bonding runestones are fine. They add variety. The only thing which needs to be fixed is having more than three stacks. That's obviously a bug.

it should be one proc total only, at rank 12 you get 95% of the stats plus whatever abilities the companion has. augments should be the only companion that have 100% or augments are worthless.

it should be one proc total only, at rank 12 you get 95% of the stats plus whatever abilities the companion has. augments should be the only companion that have 100% or augments are worthless.
    That's an interesting idea.

Currently, instead of "everyone* uses augments" we have "everyone* uses the same handful of bonding proccers".

People talk about it being nice to see more summoned companions in use... well, frankly, I'm a little fed up with the legions of warlocks/shadow demons. Even when another companion comes around to be the new hotness, if it catches on well enough then everyone* starts using that and we're in the same dull place we ever were.

I'd like to see it balanced so that an augment or a bonded summon is more of a personal choice than X-gives-the-most. I like all the augments that are critters and not just a floating orb. I like all the weird and wonderful summoned companions that are dismissed as too slow to be viable.

*There are always exceptions of people using the companion they like best, or the one they can afford, but we're talking about the pursuit of power here.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    terramak said:

Foundry issue fix uncovered another issue which, unfortunately, continues to block republish.

Any word on this?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Currently, instead of "everyone* uses augments" we have "everyone* uses the same handful of bonding proccers".

People talk about it being nice to see more summoned companions in use... well, frankly, I'm a little fed up with the legions of warlocks/shadow demons. Even when another companion comes around to be the new hotness, if it catches on well enough then everyone* starts using that and we're in the same dull place we ever were.

I'd like to see it balanced so that an augment or a bonded summon is more of a personal choice than X-gives-the-most. I like all the augments that are critters and not just a floating orb. I like all the weird and wonderful summoned companions that are dismissed as too slow to be viable.

*There are always exceptions of people using the companion they like best, or the one they can afford, but we're talking about the pursuit of power here.
    Honestly this is just another example of players asking to get nerfed for no reason. Whoopdeedoo bonding runestones are OP. Wait a few mods and something equally OP will be released. In the meantime you're basically just asking for another nerf that does nothing but make dungeon runs slower. I mean ffs look at where asking for them to deal with bots got us... 35k+ a stack for rank 5 enchants.

At some point you people are going to need to realized that there's a limit to what Cryptic will do to offset the losses from every nerf you ask for. Generally speaking players will always get the short end of each of these nerfs. The game is already grindy enough without people asking for Cryptic to make it slower and leave us with the same rewards/drops.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

Honestly this is just another example of players asking to get nerfed for no reason. Whoopdeedoo bonding runestones are OP. Wait a few mods and something equally OP will be released. In the meantime you're basically just asking for another nerf that does nothing but make dungeon runs slower. I mean ffs look at where asking for them to deal with bots got us... 35k+ a stack for rank 5 enchants.

At some point you people are going to need to realized that there's a limit to what Cryptic will do to offset the losses from every nerf you ask for. Generally speaking players will always get the short end of each of these nerfs. The game is already grindy enough without people asking for Cryptic to make it slower and leave us with the same rewards/drops.
    Where the bleep do you get from my "I would love all companions to be viable" comment, "nerf them, nerf them into the ground"?

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited May 2016

urabask said:

Where the bleep do you get from my "I would love all companions to be viable" comment, "nerf them, nerf them into the ground"?
    Because for augments to a a personal choice they'd have to be giving as much stats as bonding runestones : \

And there's no way augments will ever be giving 300% stats. You also responded to the idea that bonding runestones only giving 95% stats saying it was an "interesting idea".
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

urabask said:

Because for augments to a a personal choice they'd have to be giving as much stats as bonding runestones : \

And there's no way augments will ever be giving 300% stats. You also responded to the idea that bonding runestones only giving 95% stats saying it was an "interesting idea".
    Interesting means "interesting", not that I think it's objectively good or bad.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    terramak said:

Oh yeah, to temper people's hopes - This build is not expected to go to the live shard next week (as I'm sure those of you who have seen the current in-progress state of the updated Campaign UI have guessed).

I'm aiming to get another update to NeverwinterPreview around the end of this week.

For those of you leaving feedback on Sword Coast Chronicle and the Guild Alliances system, please make your voice heard in the feature threads (linked in the patch notes, in the Highlights section for each feature).

I would check it all out and i checked some points of the Chronicles campaign already but when there was a post about giving feedback in E.E. campaign would reward Genie gifts that never happened and i was intimidated about checking anything again..
    @terramak
    edited May 2016
    Lol, Beckylunatic - tnx for the idea. I hope it works.

urabask said:

urabask said:

Interesting means "interesting", not that I think it's objectively good or bad.
    There's no way it's anything other than objectively bad : \
    I8r4ux9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.