test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guild Alliances

Comments

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    I wish weaker guilds wouldn't be dependant on stronger ones. If there was more incentive for equals to band together, that would be great. Nobody will enjoy being a vassal to a stronger guild.
    I can't test this unfortunately, so that's all the feedback I can give. Would be nice to maybe post the alliance bonuses here, because not all guilds are present on the preview server.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    The problem is when weaker guilds grow dependant on stronger guilds. Then some guilds and their members will be degraded to underlings. Who will enjoy that? And why is that even needed? If there was a system where 2 or 3 weaker guilds could from an alliance togheter and get the same boons and structures as one stronger guild, that would help them. Submitting to a stronger guild won't. It will just cement the differences between the low and high level guilds.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    how is stronghold siege going to work? please acknoledge that there is a known issue with the queue. it pops but theres an issue with accepting often. im not sure the exact issue because its too difficult to test but you should have seen a decrease in instances since the start of this mod..
  • azadi69azadi69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUG
    [Error] Alliance Error: Invited guild must be same allegiance.
    This error occurs when trying to invite other guild into alliance
  • h4rd4sironh4rd4siron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    So many updates about SH's but no ''inside castle'' area. hmmm, so much worth
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    Can you set up a vendor that will grant us different level SH on Preview so we can test this? Actually, anything that you want us to test, can you make sure that it is provided on preview without having to jump through hoops. It would allow us to provide some value to you.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Not sure when you guys will realize that testing things is much easier if you don't have to spend hours just getting setup.

- Remove guild creation rules.
    - Add VIP to everyone
    - No timers on professions
    - No AD cost for tasks
    - Free mounts, transmutes, gear, etc.

If you are afraid people will stop playing live and keep playing test....then wipe it consistently or something. if you think about it, either way, at least people are playing your game.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    With the suggestions listed before, "we" wouldn't need any alliance system at all. Any guild, even the "one man guild bank" guilds, would be able to get a "basic" stronghold set up.

But it looks like, that is not something Cryptic wants, and therefore my current guess would be, that we will also see new ZEN shop "content" arrive with the alliance system.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Can anyone list what the bonuses are, and how they scale?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    How do the incoming/outgoing contribution Alliance settings function?
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    So there is a patch on preview to allow us to check out the Guild Alliance stuffs. Had a bit of a look at this earlier and checked out what this is all about.

Has anyone else seen the new stuff? I can see a benefit for a lower guild, but other than guild marks and mastercraft, not to sure what it brings to a larger guild. Wonder if those two things are enough of an incentive to make a large guild team with a new/small guild.

Does that mean we will have alliances among all the big guilds, therefore making it evern harder for smaller guilds? Where then does that leave the medium size guilds like mine?

Would love to get other peoples thoughts on this... very curious as to the rest of the gamers opinions.
    Myth (CW & DC)
    Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Even if small guilds band together with other small guilds it should still be easier than before, no?
    Honestly I'd take anything. My guild feels like it's stopped progressing since hitting rank 4 lol. Yeah we're not very active or dedicated :P
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

So there is a patch on preview to allow us to check out the Guild Alliance stuffs. Had a bit of a look at this earlier and checked out what this is all about.

Has anyone else seen the new stuff? I can see a benefit for a lower guild, but other than guild marks and mastercraft, not to sure what it brings to a larger guild. Wonder if those two things are enough of an incentive to make a large guild team with a new/small guild.

Does that mean we will have alliances among all the big guilds, therefore making it evern harder for smaller guilds? Where then does that leave the medium size guilds like mine?

Would love to get other peoples thoughts on this... very curious as to the rest of the gamers opinions.

If the benefits to big guilds seem limited, maybe their incentive for bringing in smaller guilds is to offload their excess resources. Heavily active, high-membership guilds can achieve gluts of resources in many categories very easily. So the extra guilds basically serve as extra mimic space so that the big boys can donate excesses to clear inventory and and get guild marks.
    As far as offloading resources goes, i would like to think the game has that kind of spirit, but I am skeptical. Incentive goes a long way to ensuring that happens, but unless I am unaware of it, a few guild marks does not make much of an incentive.

So do you then find similar sized/active guilds and use the alliance for LFG cause is that all its going to end up being anyways?

I sound pesimistic, but its not really how i feel, I am just playing devils advocate. Interested in others thoughts.
    Myth (CW & DC)

As far as offloading resources goes, i would like to think the game has that kind of spirit, but I am skeptical. Incentive goes a long way to ensuring that happens, but unless I am unaware of it, a few guild marks does not make much of an incentive.

So do you then find similar sized/active guilds and use the alliance for LFG cause is that all its going to end up being anyways?

I sound pesimistic, but its not really how i feel, I am just playing devils advocate. Interested in others thoughts.

It's hard to know how it will pan out until it has panned out. I think the more powerful guilds can be expected to go the "MOAR POWA" route, which splits along the two lines so far considered, to my understanding:
    1. When their coffer starts getting maxed out their members can't get the guild marks they need for lionsmane/wards/foods/crappy salvage, so for those toons to power up they need a way to get guild marks (such as a low rank guild than can be easily and repeatedly donated to).
    2. A larger, easily communicated-with, supply of people to group and raid with.
    The crux lies on how big a thing the second point is, and exactly how many marks and how much inventory clearing is needed for the first point. Big guilds regularly advertise how they have frequent dragonflights, dungeon runs, etc., suggesting they're not usually lacking in this department.

I would suspect a big guild will ally with 2 or 3 not-quite-as-big guilds (that house a lot of their alts or friends, likely) minimum to address the second point, and then get as many weaker guilds as they think they need to make sure the first point is always handled. Hopefully these aren't token guilds that aren't really meant for anything and involve actual guilds with different players in them, but it's hard to say. It's relatively easy to establish new puppet guilds, whereas "legit" guilds may suddenly go inactive, and if there's no mechanism to transfer leadership that guild will max out and stall on resources and offer little in the way of competent party members, forcing them to boot the dead guild and find another one; which is a hassle.

So, yeah, I'd be a bit worried that the high power guilds will settle into mega-conglomerates with a few puppet guilds they control thrown in if there's no mechanism that can reasonably incentivize non-puppets.
    i had similar thoughts. hence my questions. i wondered if it was just me thinking that.

i am more interested in an alliance with similar guilds where we have a more lfg aspect and where each guild is capable of sustaning and ranking up thier own guild halls without having any reliance on another guild.

i think the struggle is going to be finding enough of these guilds that arent wooed by the offer of joining a bigger guild and taking the easy street.
    Myth (CW & DC)

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    First,

Alliance merging/dissolving should require consent from both guilds so there wont be any worries between guild leaders like what will happen if I say this or that to other guild leader or what if they kick/leave us after we help with this or that

Little guilds which allied with proper bigger guilds can get more from more deal since
    (When I say bigger I mean the one stood at the top of alliance chain,smaller means other guilds in the alliance)

1)Bigger guild players will need smaller guild's coffer or vice versa as told earlier post
    2)It seems smaller guild will get Stronghold building cost reduction(from players who played other games with similar system)

I dont think there will be equal footing in the alliance since you will get different bonuses where you stay in the alliance chain. One will get sronghold cost reduction other will get some other bonuses.

I told my guild.This system looks like mafioso/cartel family tree rather than alliance between guilds
    Alliance bonuses: benefits that you get based on your overall alliance level (= sum of guild levels), and your guild’s place within that alliance
    Sounds like strong encouragement for the strong to band together and leave the weak behind. There are three categories for the boon depending on alliance status (presumably one is a building reduction cost that lower level guilds may want), but Cryptic posted zero details about this mechanic beyond the above and no one has posted on the preview forums with the details Cryptic should have provided.

Can anyone list what the bonuses are, and how they scale?

It boggles my mind that this sort of thing wasn't posted with the release notes. If they don't tell us exactly what a mechanic is supposed to do, how are we supposed to accurately test it for correct behavior?
    edited May 2016

Donating to other guilds is easy....just select the right TAB from your Mimic. Until this Probation Period is over....there's not much else to tell (Bonus's, Visiting & Interacting with other's NPCs).

Being the 3rd Tier in the Alliance, I did attempt to Invite another Guild. I did get a Error message telling me that my Number was full or something of that nature.....so that works.

.....and the "Leave Alliance" button works. :D
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Important! Please implement a system that allows guild leaders to shut down traveling to one of the guilds. During Dragonflight this will be a disaster, visitors from the alliance will cap our map and distrub our events. There needs to be an on/off button for this for when we wish to have no visitors on the SH, or rather keep certain guilds out and certain guilds in when needed.
    Post edited by rinat114 on
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    I wish we could slot boons from Allied Guilds. Then different guilds in the alliance could build different boon buildings. Right now everyone always builds the same stuff.

Nice idea! You need to do this.

edited May 2016

-Probation period over and the bonuses are tooo uber to list. Nothing showing on any level. Everyone from the Alliance are able to meet at any SH but we find no way to block if we wanted.

-The Alliance leader should be able to turn off the Probation period.

-It seems that the lower guilds are able to KICK the leaders out. We're not gonna try it until the Probation timer is temporary removed.

-The good news is the blocking of donations settings work. I de-selected everything and no one was able to donate to my guild.
    edited May 2016

Made an attempt to help out an Ally by building a tower. o:)

-The Alliance should have a new name other than the Alliance leader's guild name.

-An Alliance "Message of the Day" should be added....controlled by the leader.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Nobody in a high end guild or even medium guild will want their resources donated to level another guild because their coffer is full for a few guild marks (new enchantment drop guild marks anyways)
    they will just stock pile the more valuable resources and donate again on the next structure
    this whole thing is just going to be a complicated mess with major guild drama
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Why not raise the guild cap to 500, or even higher again?
    Boot your alts, trim after 20 days or less. What is the purpose of tons of tiny guilds?
    Hey, less players, less resources. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

If they release this guild alliance junk as a 'mod' I think I'm going to trade my zen in for airplane glue and sniff it.
    in one day i have already learnt much. Everyone is talking about it, and i have had discussions to make me change my initial thoughts.

i think the small guilds who have done nothing to progress thier guild halls will fall away. members will leave for bigger more active guilds, the boons are worth it.

medium to large guilds will ally and it wont be to progress thier guild halls, because they can already to that. the Alliance channel between 13 decent sized guilds will hopefully kill off pugging dungeons. Thats going to be the biggest drawcard to an alliance, a larger more active player base to play within.

Dont stick your head in the sand, if you are a leader, get onto it now, start scoping it out because other big guilds are already doing it.
    Myth (CW & DC)

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

When donating to the mimic the default setting needs to be set to donate to the guild that the member belongs to. I am in a gauntlet guild and when i first tried to donate to my guild it had selected my helm guild to donate to and I almost donated (the clarification on what guild you are donating to is a good thing there, nice work). This default needs to be changed to prevent mistakes

Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    It's easy for people to go to the dark side here and talk about how big guilds will abuse people, and generally how awful humanity is...

The important thing is to keep in mind that YOU pick your alliance, just like you pick your guild. If you walk into an alliance with a guild that's shady and they abuse you, it's your own fault - you can leave at any time. I know people hate the whole buyer beware thing, but sometimes one needs to put on their big-boy pants and take responsibility. If you join a guild or ally with a guild that has a reputation for abuse, you should expect to be abused.

As the founder of the Greycloaks, I'm being VERY careful about what guilds I'm willing to consider for alliance. The Cloaks are community-driven and casual. Guild that require tithes from their members (for example), or guilds that have elitist ilvl requirements are generally not going to be considered. I don't want the sort of attitudes that usually come from guilds like that becoming a part of my community. Sure -there's good players in those guilds, but a good player doesn't make a good community - so while I may like a few individuals, it doesn't mean their guild is one I want to formally associate the Cloaks with.

This means, unless some guild I'm totally unaware of comes along with a very high level GH, that I won't be shopping around for a "top guild" to be a Helm guild over the Greycloaks. Why not? Because it's not about being the best, but rather having fun, and being associated with a guild with a "hardcore" (which usually means "bad") reputation is just not something I'm willing to do.

Instead, I want to find solid, like-minded guilds that are community based, casual in their approach, and open-minded and accepting of anyone. In other words, guilds that will enhance and enrich the community we've already build within the Cloaks and that will be likewise enhanced and enriched by the awesome people in the Cloaks.

Anyway, having said all that.... the bonuses are secondary to me. Seems to me, the Sword guilds will have it the best since an XP bonus is really not that great given the ultra-poor quality of the overflow reward. When it comes down to it, the Helm guilds are the ones that get the shaft. The alliance carries their name, but at the end of the day, the under-guilds seem to get more useful bonues. I suppose the idea is that the helm guild will already be maxed and won't need any SH-related buffs... but seems to me something other than an XP bonus would be a lot better. Maybe an RP reduction, or even an AD discount (like with VIP). Still, again.. not a big deal anyway - the bonus are just icing to me. The read deal is access to others to run dragonflights and other events with. Greycloaks down 4 dragons without any trouble, but we have to plan it to make sure enough people are on. With an alliance, most likely a 4-dragon BBQ will be able to happen a lot more frequently. same with Tiamats and eDemo and whatever else.

Sure wish we could do alliance-only SH pvp! (HINT HINT)