test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal Beholder Tank in the news, what to make out of it?

anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
Our beloved @asterdahl wrote news about the personal beholder thank

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9912643-portobello's-campaign:-treasures-of-the-dungeon-master

What to make our of this little dirty secret?
Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
- Batman

Comments

• kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    I have no comment on that specific newsflash, moving on.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    must be the same guy who write the tooltips in game...
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Now pay close attention. It hasn't been confirmed but there are rare instances where you too can find your very own April Neverwinter Fools.

Blame those Thayan servitors!
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    vteasy said:

must be the same guy who write the tooltips in game...

lol. savage.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    The only unusual thing I noticed was the two gargoyles standing on hills on opposite sides of the final door. Otherwise, who knows? Maybe its based on RNG like everything else, or some ultra double-secret obscure inside joke that only the devs know.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have a beholder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ashthrowerashthrower Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I have a beholder

How'd you get it?

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

I have a beholder

Guilty until proven innocent.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    I have a beholder too.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    [23:47] [Admin] "Removed nick" has acquired a Legendary Beholder Tank Mount from the Artificer's Workshop

It seems to drop actually, if it's just a reward or some other secret stuff i don't know.

signature-lili.png
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    It just dropped legitimately. So .. it's live.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    vverg said:

[23:47] [Admin] "Removed nick" has acquired a Legendary Beholder Tank Mount from the Artificer's Workshop

It seems to drop actually, if it's just a reward or some other secret stuff i don't know.

Just seen the same message while playing the Atificer's Workshop. The screen grab I took has the in-game clock showing 10:47 GMT. So it looks like it might be real....though probably just a really, really lucky drop.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    He got it from touching the beholder. (I asked)
    edited April 2016
    He is not maxed in Accreditations (I asked- and appreciate the response too thanks mucho man).
    Also confirm from focusing on beholder as above as per the luckiest guy on the planet. :)
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Seems like it drops and that means the drop chance of the looks of it is much worse then legendary mounts from lockboxes.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hm, now on the AH.......for 100 Million AD. No harm in a little optimism I suppose :)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Hm, now on the AH.......for 100 Million AD. No harm in a little optimism I suppose :)

Assuming that it's been able to drop since Artificer's Workshop was unlocked that means that only one has dropped in a over a week. So it's possible that people could farm like crazy for it and still only have three drop in total. Even if they run the event again it's many times more rare than any other mount in the game. 100m is probably lowballing it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    urabask said:

qexotic said:

Assuming that it's been able to drop since Artificer's Workshop was unlocked that means that only one has dropped in a over a week. So it's possible that people could farm like crazy for it and still only have three drop in total. Even if they run the event again it's many times more rare than any other mount in the game. 100m is probably lowballing it.
    100m is AD cap. :( And well, I really hope the drop rate is higher than that. :( Cause I really want one, but well, I don't have that much AD.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    2nd player just got it..

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    My theory is, they only just turned on the dropping of the mount and it was completely unable to drop before. It should start dropping frequently now. (By frequently, I mean about as frequently as +5 rings.)
    4th drop now. ^^

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    With VIP making it cost nothing to do so....why not. Might catch a whale and never have to worry about AD again.
    Can anyone confirm if it is oris not linked to completing DIE NATION?
    And if all the drops were from artificers or not?
    Just dropped again, this person reported not having DIE NATION done (also their group "skipped" to get to snerfeblin phase).

So if it's anything special its not on the person looting
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Pff. I was hoping for at least some kind of mystery involved, even if it was pulling a hidden lever to I dunno, fight it or something, then build one from salvaged parts.

Argh. Stupid rngaddict game.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    secrets in mmos are impossible. Once it is out everyone and his dog would have the Mount. So if you hoped for a 'secret' lever and not rng it is a wishful thinking. One of the few things i am on cryptics side.

And if it was : only ppl "doing a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> emote in northwest direction on day one of event" we would be sitting here and blaming owners of having inside info.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    @strumslinger can you tell us if is only luck or if there is actually a secret now that some people obtained it?
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, I guess mmos and secrets don't go together. Let's just hope it ends up in the zenstore, at some not fantastically stupid price. Reasonably stupid I can cope with, fantastically stupid... no.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i would bet on the midseason lockbox, they should put another one sometime after the event is over out.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12