test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal Beholder Tank in the news, what to make out of it?

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They seem to be toying with us a little. I still think it will be a zen store item. I realize the mention of that in-game could easily be a bug, but my guess is that they've realized that the 140% mount speed is too hard to obtain by too many players, and as such the vast majority are simply settling for epic mounts - which means most of their hard work making combat powers and 140% speed for mounts is going to waste. So they're creating a way anyone can obtain it without having to spend the equivalent of $250 USD (or more if you happen to be trying to get it from actual lock boxes using keys). Or not - hard to tell whether Cryptic is approaching this logical from a customer/player-centric approach. They usually don't - though the last month or so has been pretty player-centric, at least mostly, so maybe they're realizing they need to actually keep their customers happy in order to keep them as customers? Maybe... certainly stranger things have happened.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I've seen them announced as dropping today (Sunday). Asked one of the winners and
    he said it was a drop from the Beholder Tank in the Workshop. (There were also 5+
    of them listed on the AH). The odds must be incredibly small and the only reason we
    see them now is the shear number of people playing on the weekend.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Naw they must have flipped a switch or wed have seen them last weekend since that particular instance opened last Thursday.....
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Grats to those who got the drop.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I was fortunate to get the beholder tonight and I think I missed a bunch of tells because as soon as my name appeared I had at least 50 people sending me tells lol, I apologize if I missed yours and want to thank everyone who congratulated me :wink: anyways the reason I am in here now......I wanted to help with some of the questions people have....1) it drops as pure RNG, dumb luck or whatever you want to call it, 2) we hit "f" after getting all the vents closed, someone did go "early" also all 5 of us were in the circle before it got set off early, we killed the boss in 2 rounds and I opened the chest after doing the beholder, this is my 2nd toon I ran today, 4th since it started dropping yesterday, this also is my "youngest" and least geared, I ran ALL day off and on, only had 2 done in portobello's campaign and my dice was on #15.....phewwwww I hope I answered everyone's questions I received in the many tells I got lol, and much luck to all on getting one to drop for you, oh and no I haven't decided if I am selling it or keeping it, for now I have to run it through my accts for the collection screen, once again many thanks to everyone and good luck :wink:
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

this is my 2nd toon I ran today, 4th since it started dropping yesterday

Gratz for the drop dude, and yep that's pure RNGesus, like i ran the instance 80+ times yesterday, never got one, and some get it on their first run, i guess i won't get one if the RNG is the same than the one from lockboxes ^^

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    The game wide announcement for this is really annoying. I understand the need for the lockbox announcements, it's advertisement and they need to make money somehow, so that's fine. But I really hope it's not becoming a trend now to announce a good loot-rolls in a dungeon to the entire server population. Just imagine this would happen with every +5 ring or demogorgons belt or lostmauth's horn or lathander's eye, i.e. all the rare stuff.
    Bloody annyoing...
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    AH had +8 of these a few hours ago. Wondering how many people were doing it, i was not.

had a price tag of around 20-40 million AD. lolz
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Its been hilarious watching people grind with gritted teeth for this mount, because its fast and legendary and all that sht. And yeah now it drops, yay cryptic you're the best, awesome cryptic youre a god, GG GJ, We love you....OMG

Sanity check right here, you dont have to own any of that to be able to play the full content of this game and enjoy some of it.

And buying or grinding for something just because you feel or others say you are undergeared, while you really are not, (2.5K IL is all it takes) should raise some alarm bells, just saying.

I am not gonna pat cryptics back because they put 1 legendary mount in a campaign that lasts 1 month.

The rest of the game does not drop anything valuable or rewarding atm....Should it??.

and some people are cheering like crazy over this....1 mount RNG drop from a temporary/seasonal campaign.

So no, i will not grant cryptic absolution, like lots of people have done, concerning this mount and campaign, that may come or not in Jan 2017.

Gz to those who got the beholder.

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    kievitz, loot ak it on other point of view.
    It is the first EVER legendary mount you don't have to pay zillions AD on AH to get it or on ZAX to buy keys to have a chance to get it.
    So why are people running the instance ? Some want to try to win the only 140% mount they'll ever have a chance to get. And have the fastest mount, with best lvl of insignias boons + an active mount power isn't nothing for a toon.
    Some don't really want the mount (just like me). But with this kind of drop, you can make millions AD or trade it with the stuff you need.

So yeah, 99% of the players who are grinding this boring instance (thanks cutscenes you can't skip) won't get the mount, but if you don't try, you won't win. And if you get it, you will make enough AD to progress a lot, like months of daily grind on only 1 sold item.
    The fact this reward is totally free, don't need keys, don't need zillions AD to get it from instance, is a big + for a toon. And even if i know i won't get it on those 11 last days, i'll keep grinding. Because if ever i win it... i'll save month of grind.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    kievitz said:

Its been hilarious watching people grind with gritted teeth for this mount, because its fast and legendary and all that sht. And yeah now it drops, yay cryptic you're the best, awesome cryptic youre a god, GG GJ, We love you....OMG

Sanity check right here, you dont have to own any of that to be able to play the full content of this game and enjoy some of it.

And buying or grinding for something just because you feel or others say you are undergeared, while you really are not, (2.5K IL is all it takes) should raise some alarm bells, just saying.

I am not gonna pat cryptics back because they put 1 legendary mount in a campaign that lasts 1 month.

The rest of the game does not drop anything valuable or rewarding atm....Should it??.

and some people are cheering like crazy over this....1 mount RNG drop from a temporary/seasonal campaign.

So no, i will not grant cryptic absolution, like lots of people have done, concerning this mount and campaign, that may come or not in Jan 2017.

Gz to those who got the beholder.

+1 to this.Cryptics event idea sucks.They should research other online games how to do events(or any other luck based game).People wont be happy if one lucky guy gets drop worth millons of AD and other just work and got nothing from same effort.Yes some can win big but there should be little or middle prizes also.

There is not anything worth your time other than that legendary mount in this event and we all can guess the drop rates.I run 70 of that mind numbing encounter and got nothing. Instead of this,I could do 30-40 epic shores of tuern with the time I spent there and got 150-200k from salvage at least.
    Maybe I should open a potion/food shop in neverwinter with the drops I got and retire from being an adventurer

I mean this event reminded me those dream sellers on advertisement channels.Buy this book,video and you will earn millions in a month ROFL.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I hate the beholder tank, because its another example of how the best rewards are quite frankly gated behind HAMSTER rng and aren't a result of working towards them. You have no control over getting it. I would quite frankly prefer if it was a case of grind the workshop 1000 times, each time you touch the tank you get a part and then using 1000 parts, you build a personal tank. The same with artifact drops from elol honestly. Yeah, I have had 40 horn drops, but I had no control over when I got them and by removing that control, you remove all sense of progression. I am not grinding elol for the horn, I grind it for the salvage. By gating the best rewards behind pure RNG, you make it less fun over all as there is no guarentee you see a drop.

In an ideal world, we would have a situation like in mod 0, with challenging dungeons that drop unbound loot that can then be sold for millions on the AH. Sadly, that world will never happen because of the following:

1) Players unwilling to l2p who want to be able to complete all the dungeons with no effort.

2) Players who complain that the only people able to farm stuff is those who already have BiS.

Get real, if you have mechanically challenging content (like epic dread vault was) then even if groups significantly outgear the content, they will still wipe if they don't know the mechanics. A perfect example of this was the stream done with akromatic when his group went into epic dread vault in mod 5. They all significantly outgeared the dungeon, 16k gs+ going into an 8k gs dungeon, some of them 20k gs and yet they were unable to beat it because there was little to no understanding of the fights' mechanics. Furthermore, you could have tiers of content, where you are expected to progress to the next tier only after finishing the first. Tiers could look like the following:

T1: 1.6k Ilvl, drops R7 enchants + T1 gear

T2: 2k ilvl, drops R8 enchants + T2 gear

T3: 2.5k ilvl, drops R9 enchants + T3 gear

T4: 3k ilvl, drops R10 enchants + T4 gear

T5: 3.5k ilvl, drops T5 unbound gear that can be sold on the AH, guaranteed drop on each boss that the party then rolls on.

In the system outlined above, there is clear gear progression, you can get from the T1 ilvl requirement to the T5 ilvl requirement simply by farming dungeons, however, considering the reward is better on each tier, the difficulty would have to increase as a result. At T5, where the highest quality gear is being dropped, The dungeons should be so difficult that only the top groups can beat them. Why? Because at that point, with the quality of gear that you should have acquired prior to that SIMPLY BY FARMING (i.e, free) your character should be performing fairly well and at this point, for any gear progression, you should have to really push yourself to continue, or pay bucketloads to those who can.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I would suggest that this is beyond grinding, but more to do with inflating the game metrics. With the large amount of players endlessly running the event, for a granted excellent prize (with I suspect an extra decimal place added to lower the drop rate even more than usual), Cryptic can say to their paymasters "Look how many players we got with this, think how much revenue we could possibly generate with a similar endeavour!"

I would expect to see many more of these in the future.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    arabatur said:

I would suggest that this is beyond grinding, but more to do with inflating the game metrics. With the large amount of players endlessly running the event, for a granted excellent prize (with I suspect an extra decimal place added to lower the drop rate even more than usual), Cryptic can say to their paymasters "Look how many players we got with this, think how much revenue we could possibly generate with a similar endeavour!"

I think you have someone's crystal ball and should return it before you see something that can not be unseen.......
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    arabatur said:

Nail meet hammer...sad
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I hate the beholder tank, because its another example of how the best rewards are quite frankly gated behind HAMSTER rng and aren't a result of working towards them.

When I was under the impression that it was a super-sekrit surprise reward from completing campaign tasks, I was a bit irked by the lack of disclosure but ok with the idea that anyone could theoretically earn it with sufficient participation.

Since it's been revealed as a RNG drop, my feelings on the subject can be summed up as a big fat raspberry. It wasn't even switched on as a drop for the first week Workshop was available, and that means Cryptic wasted a ton of people's time with their tease, getting hopefuls to grind that queue so hard wishing it would drop, while it was actually impossible until the following week. That is utterly disrespectful to your players. I am more disgusted about that than about it being an RNG drop in the first place. (There is some possibility this was a bug and it should have been able to drop but didn't. And if so, that's pathetic in a different way.)

So yeah, for me the only redemption is if it lands in the Zen market as an account-unlock after the event ends. And if it doesn't, I want a *really* good explanation for the Collection entry for it, up to and including the lack of a mount entry for the event itself.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

I hate the beholder tank, because its another example of how the best rewards are quite frankly gated behind HAMSTER rng and aren't a result of working towards them.

When I was under the impression that it was a super-sekrit surprise reward from completing campaign tasks, I was a bit irked by the lack of disclosure but ok with the idea that anyone could theoretically earn it with sufficient participation.

Since it's been revealed as a RNG drop, my feelings on the subject can be summed up as a big fat raspberry. It wasn't even switched on as a drop for the first week Workshop was available, and that means Cryptic wasted a ton of people's time with their tease, getting hopefuls to grind that queue so hard wishing it would drop, while it was actually impossible until the following week. That is utterly disrespectful to your players. I am more disgusted about that than about it being an RNG drop in the first place. (There is some possibility this was a bug and it should have been able to drop but didn't. And if so, that's pathetic in a different way.)

So yeah, for me the only redemption is if it lands in the Zen market as an account-unlock after the event ends. And if it doesn't, I want a *really* good explanation for the Collection entry for it, up to and including the lack of a mount entry for the event itself.
    I would like to see an additional mechanic for obtaining the mount in the 4th instance that has more to do with how much work you have done than rng. Also, a reason to ever *run* the 4th instance.... #sturmslinger

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Well, nobody knows the beholder tank would actually drop until this week. A lot of people (including myself) expected it comes in the 4th week.
    Hence, not many people would actually grind it besides trying to max out the 200 accreditation per toon.

This week, people was grinding it even though they already max'ed out 300 accreditation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User

I would like to see an additional mechanic for obtaining the mount in the 4th instance that has more to do with how much work you have done than rng. Also, a reason to ever *run* the 4th instance.... #sturmslinger

I'll second that. One of the things I really liked about the original Respen's event was that even if the RNG hated you, you could still pick up the Pocket Pet and the Green Slime from the vendor after some grind. I'm already not having much luck trying to get the Pewter Golem. Doesn't seem like there's any chance of getting an Orange drop if I can't even get a Blue.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    I do not like RNG. Why? Because after completing over 1000 eLoLs I've never get Lostmouth Horn (got it from one of the lockboxes). And after reding some forums, asking friends I know why... there are people who're abusing RNG loot using bots, mods or whatever you may call this kind of programs. GL with that ;/
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @agilesto ty (and that would be dudette :P lol)

I have to agree about the RNG with the beholder, I have no clue why/how I got lucky (I never win anything lol) but I did and the only reason I was grinding the "workshop" was for this week's accreditation, as soon as 1 toon got enough I was on to the next, I still have 20 something to get on the one that won the mount.

I also had thought that it would drop in the 4th week and be part of the campaign we are doing...I hope the devs will make the drop on the beholder much better or maybe come up with a way someone can get it in the other event "dungeons" that nobody wants to run, as for me I have a few more accreditation to get and then back to fighting demons, dragons and maybe some annoying powries Good Luck to all :smile:
  • doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

urabask said:

qexotic said:

Hm, now on the AH.......for 100 Million AD. No harm in a little optimism I suppose :)

Assuming that it's been able to drop since Artificer's Workshop was unlocked that means that only one has dropped in a over a week. So it's possible that people could farm like crazy for it and still only have three drop in total. Even if they run the event again it's many times more rare than any other mount in the game. 100m is probably lowballing it.
    100m is AD cap. :( And well, I really hope the drop rate is higher than that. :( Cause I really want one, but well, I don't have that much AD.
    yea neither do a lot of us, even at 18mill is BS, please increase the drop rate already.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I'd like to get the mount also but there is no way I'm going to force myself to grind that.
    The lost pugs, the chest bug, the cut screens you can't skip. Can't do it. Good luck to ya'll.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'm like that poor monkey who keeps pressing the button, opening the the tray, and recieving no bacon.

Maybe if I press it just one more time...
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • volgeravolgera Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    When will I be able to trade my 400 Unsolicited Advice for one of dem beholder tanks? :pensive:
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    volgera said:

When will I be able to trade my 400 Unsolicited Advice for one of dem beholder tanks? :pensive:

its 4000, not 400

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    volgera said:

Well, the price went from 100m to 17m in a few days. There is always hope :)

I'd love to know if anyone that has gotten it has actually used it. There are like 10 on the AH which is about how many have probably dropped.

Personally, I'd copy it to test and then sell it. The only legendary mount skin I'd use would be Tensor's.
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User

Well, the price went from 100m to 17m in a few days. There is always hope :)

I'd love to know if anyone that has gotten it has actually used it. There are like 10 on the AH which is about how many have probably dropped.

Personally, I'd copy it to test and then sell it. The only legendary mount skin I'd use would be Tensor's.

I'd definitely use it if I got one. I've been using an Apparatus of Kwalish for the longest time so this would be an upgrade from an old clunker to an old clunker that floats and fires laser beams! Also, I don't have anything that would give me the 140% speed boost yet either.
    edited April 2016
    jonkoca said:

I'm like that poor monkey who keeps pressing the button, opening the the tray, and recieving no bacon.

LOL- pretty much all of us it grinding this have our brains melting out of our ears. I literally forgot what I was doing in the middle of a run last night...
  • volgeravolgera Member Posts: 34 Arc User

jonkoca said:

LOL- pretty much all of us it grinding this have our brains melting out of our ears. I literally forgot what I was doing in the middle of a run last night...
    I feel your pain... have the same issue :( and so annoying to see others get one while you're stuck grinding forever with a molten brain