test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal Beholder Tank in the news, what to make out of it?

Comments

• nps2nps2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I'm like that poor monkey who keeps pressing the button, opening the the tray, and recieving no bacon.

Maybe if I press it just one more time...

LOL Not only don't I get the bacon, but about 75% of the time I get the shock ( the DOT ). Bad monkey!!!
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, I was kinda wondering if it's like 2 a day perhaps myself.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    We saw about 6 drops in 2 to 3 hours in the weekend. When there is a drop, there is an admin message.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Now the instance is being grinded so much, a few people have started joining and doing absolutely nothing to help for the bulk of it (the gas and the gnomes), and only joining in at the end after everybody else has done all the work.

There's no option to kick people from this instance either.
    subnocte said:

Now the instance is being grinded so much, a few people have started joining and doing absolutely nothing to help for the bulk of it (the gas and the gnomes), and only joining in at the end after everybody else has done all the work.

There's no option to kick people from this instance either.

That is why I try my very best not to PUG.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    wondering, if the drop got removed again. wasnt online all the time, but havent seen a system message since yesterdays servercrash
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am wondering if someone glitched the door by flabbergast will cause a failed rewards, wonder if that was griefing or not, i just saw it happen on other players cutting the corner by speeding up to next cutscene before everyone gathered at the door.
    it is very wide spread glitching and not able to track who and who did it.
    was the glitching a grief play? or didnt matter?
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i am wondering if someone glitched the door by flabbergast will cause a failed rewards, wonder if that was griefing or not, i just saw it happen on other players cutting the corner by speeding up to next cutscene before everyone gathered at the door.

Someone got the mount and they used the shortcut in that instance (I think even in this thread).
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    looomis said:

wylonus said:

Someone got the mount and they used the shortcut in that instance (I think it was written somewhere in this thread).
    This forum is killing me...
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Something to watch out for when you go to the Beholder. Make sure you have at least one empty slot in your inventory or you wont get to try your luck as the 'Press F' message will not appear if your invent is full. Just found that one out :/
    edited April 2016
    looomis said:

wylonus said:

Someone got the mount and they used the shortcut in that instance (I think even in this thread).
    I think almost everyone who got the mount and reported (either in this forum or PM) did the short cut.
    If you want to do this event fast and efficient with your group, 4 of them spread out in position to kick the little guy and send one to use the short cut. If you need to do this over hundred times, you want that. Basically, when 9 vents are close, one guy should be there to get ready to talk to Flabbergast.
  • duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I don't share the negative sentiments. I just like the event overall. Recieving a super prize to me is just an added benefit. Besides, none of my characters ever would ride such thingy dingy, and the purple mount speed is fast enough for everything I've seen. Funny, the insignias bonus granted to my hunter sometimes have me feel she now runs faster than a 50% mount.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    r000kie said:

Did recently a Workshop mission with one of the winners. There was a really nasty character having a feud with him in the team, and the owner linked the beholder as proof (tongue in cheek really to the other guy) that he had it (won 1-2 days before probably).

The nasty guy - I met him again today, just afk at the start point and waking up in the last phase only. I just ignored him, but what a waste of time!

Also.. there is no RNG for uber rare items in my opinion. I'm pretty sure as soon as the set number drop, you can kiss it goodbye. In 2 years got my 2nd Lathander Eye minutes after a patch (the BOA one) only to destroy it today by refining something to it (by mistake). Support case fired up - hopes are low to get it at least to the right ava.

Linking is no proof, he could just have linked it from AH....

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'll get the artifact, but even something as enjoyable as this doesn't make sense to burn out grinding for a .0001% drop. We'll see what the event has to offer in the 4th week dungeon, as it seems far fewer people are participating in the 3rd week's event. Rewards are everything as far as participation goes for the majority of this player base.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i want to see too the beholder tank at the final week included in the loot table + apocalypse dagger.
    About the artificer workshop if the system decides to bug and not let you interact with beholder tank is just random bug. Happened to me twice and my pt opened normal the door. ALSO at the last phase i was 100% sure i didnt have any crystal on me. IS just random bug.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    We tried to playtest the bug last night under different conditions- we got it pretty randomly- we thought it was associated with overkill on P1 but then I did another run exactly the same and it still bugged.

What would be awesome is if there is a Mr. Snibbly companion of purple quality at the end of all this.
    That would make life worth living again.
    @strumslinger @kreatyve

Mr. SNIBBLY FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Also one's hairstyle should stick out of the top of the beholder tank. FLAIR>

wondering, if the drop got removed again. wasnt online all the time, but havent seen a system message since yesterdays servercrash

I don't know if it was removed or not but I was online for about 5 hours today and did not see a single announcement about it. And I was purposely watching for it after reading this thread.
  • tieashame#1782 tieashame Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    We ran it for over 6hrs early in the am and not 1 dropped, then it finally happened and we all went to bed.
  • mythrohamythroha Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    bull... i done 12 hrs a day so far and nothing... thats 6 days of 12 hours of nothing!

im dying here.. serioursly
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    And stupid ppl thinking they can sell the beholder for a ton of ADs... Someone with so much ADs knows that the beholder ist a f... drop! Nothing else. I hope no one will sell this beholder in AH.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    blinxon said:

And stupid ppl thinking they can sell the beholder for a ton of ADs... Someone with so much ADs knows that the beholder ist a f... drop! Nothing else. I hope no one will sell this beholder in AH.

Mmmmh, let me guess why would people buy the beholder ?
    - Collection ? There're collectionners, with huge amount of AD who love to get all the possible stuff/pets/mounts available. Considering the beholder is (for now) just an event reward, they can't win one buying millions keys and try to get it from lockboxes.
    - Less expensive 140% mount ? There is still an entiere week to farm the instance, and even if the % of drop is very low (too low ?) there will be dozens of beholder more on AH, which will decrease their price. It will maybe become as cheap as the griffin, and for a legendary mount that give you 140%, active power, and best insignias boons, many people would buy it.
    - BiS ? I don't know which insignias boons are available on that beholder, but it's theit best rank, considering the legendary mount. So maybe for the BiS players who try to get 5 orange mounts in order to have all the best boons available... (do this kind of player exist tho ?)

Anyways, many beholders were already sold on AH, and more will be.

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    blinxon said:

Why so spiteful? I don't get it. I don't feel like farming for that thing either, but if others get lucky, good for them...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Mr. SNIBBLY FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

OMG

Who's my Mr. Snibbly-Wibbly? Is it you? You are!

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    royinever said:

has an1 got or seen beholder drop messege since last patch ?

it seems too quiet in term of drops :)

I saw only one announcement this afternoon but nothing else since the crash yesterday.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    blinxon said:

DONT worry they will fail like the others above jesus guys you still sell the tenser 23m since 1 month ?:P
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i can tell you why, last part in artifactier about beholder, sound like devs really "Hate us" when we saw "I hate you". so, we got screwed.
    i got the kilt, no clue where is the shirt or that hat yet.
    also got 2 pocket pets.
  • dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    vteasy said:

must be the same guy who write the tooltips in game...

LOL!!!
  • volgeravolgera Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I have a feeling that, ever since the patch, the beholder tank bugs out more often than it did before (using the door skip glitch). Has anyone got the same feeling?
  • jazzman#2455 jazzman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Late late late last night, maybe 8 hours ago(2 or 3 am EST) I saw a notice, received in the artificers workshop. This was well after the patch and the crash.
  • volgeravolgera Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Late late late last night, maybe 8 hours ago(2 or 3 am EST) I saw a notice, received in the artificers workshop. This was well after the patch and the crash.

all right, then the drop's still there. But I am still getting more and more runs where something bugs the Beholder. It's getting rather tedious...