test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did anyone get a Personal Beholder Tank yet?

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
In Artificer Workshop you can press F on the Beholder Tank after fight, and usually get a message like 'You found some parts lying around'.

I guess is this in some *very* rare cases can give a Personal Beholder tank.. or maybe it is a decoy?

Did anyone get the Personal Beholder Tank yet?

Comments

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    Sometimes i can't click it at all, sometimes I get nothing, and sometimes I get damaged by a dot.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    wimpazoid said:

Sometimes i can't click it at all, sometimes I get nothing, and sometimes I get damaged by a dot.

From what I've heard if someone glitches through the door and talks to flabbergast after the gas phase it'll bug the tank and you can't interact with it after you kill the mindflayer.

In Artificer Workshop you can press F on the Beholder Tank after fight, and usually get a message like 'You found some parts lying around'.

I guess is this in some *very* rare cases can give a Personal Beholder tank.. or maybe it is a decoy?

Did anyone get the Personal Beholder Tank yet?

I haven't heard of anyone getting it yet. Usually people would be spamming about it everywhere. If no one has it by now it's because the drop rate is so low you can write off ever getting one or it just isn't dropping.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited April 2016
    urabask said:

wimpazoid said:

From what I've heard if someone glitches through the door and talks to flabbergast after the gas phase it'll bug the tank and you can't interact with it after you kill the mindflayer.
    That doesn't seem true, I'm still able to click it when that happens, but can't when it didn't. More people are saving time doing it akin to skipping a cutscene, and technically not a glitch since the objective is to talk to Flabbergast and they are just walking through the unobstructed space between walls, not glitching through anything. They probably didn't think of extending occlusion over open spaces. They just wanted you to open the door at the same time, spreading out, gathering and spreading out again.
    wimpazoid said:

urabask said:

wimpazoid said:

That doesn't seem true, I'm still able to click it when that happens, but can't when it didn't. More people are saving time doing it akin to skipping a cutscene, and technically not a glitch since the objective is to talk to Flabbergast and they are just walking through the unobstructed space between walls, not glitching through anything. They probably didn't think of extending occlusion over open spaces. They just wanted you to open the door at the same time, spreading out, gathering and spreading out again.
    Ok so I guess that's not it.

Still absolutely ridiculous to try to say it's not a glitch though. You're circumventing the intended design of the dungeon that's about as obvious a glitch as you can have.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

wimpazoid said:

urabask said:

wimpazoid said:

Still absolutely ridiculous to try to say it's not a glitch though. You're circumventing the intended design of the dungeon that's about as obvious a glitch as you can have.
    I'm saying it's 'technically' not a glitch, you can call it an exploit maybe as far as it's intended design, but it is poor design in the first place. I would rather they change it to just requiring one person to open the door and talk to Flabbergast, because as is, they are asking 5 person to do something that requires 1 person to do, and that's 15s extra per run for a campaign that requires many repeated runs to complete.

Imagine respen's game where only 1 person is needed to talk to those npcs and progress, how annoying it would be if all party members had to wait 6s in the same spot to do that. Poor design.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Yes, it is not a glitch. A glitch would be actually passing through the solid block of wall thanks to factor XYZABC.
    A Glitch is when you log in the game and find yourself like this :

This actually happened to me today
    http://i66.tinypic.com/2cndytx.jpg

Changing instance didn't work, so I had to kill myself in order to exit the crates. : }
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User

Yes, it is not a glitch. A glitch would be actually passing through the solid block of wall thanks to factor XYZABC.

Changing instance didn't work, so I had to kill myself in order to exit the crates. : }

LOL
    edited April 2016
    wimpazoid said:

urabask said:

wimpazoid said:

urabask said:

wimpazoid said:

I'm saying it's 'technically' not a glitch, you can call it an exploit maybe as far as it's intended design, but it is poor design in the first place. I would rather they change it to just requiring one person to open the door and talk to Flabbergast, because as is, they are asking 5 person to do something that requires 1 person to do, and that's 15s extra per run for a campaign that requires many repeated runs to complete.

Imagine respen's game where only 1 person is needed to talk to those npcs and progress, how annoying it would be if all party members had to wait 6s in the same spot to do that. Poor design.
    The exploit would be the act of a player going through the door when they're not supposed to gain an advantage. The glitch is the fact that you can actually get through the door when you're not supposed to. They're two seperate issues.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Ok, don't know why this is worth debating. This is simply a disparity, between by what programming design allows you to do, and what is perceived as intentional design. What's 'supposed to' be done is resolved only when this disparity disappears, when they add an invisible wall on the open spaces or better yet just change the door to require a single player to save our sanity.
    edited April 2016
    wimpazoid said:

Ok, don't know why this is worth debating. This is simply a disparity, between by what programming design allows you to do, and what is perceived as intentional design. What's 'supposed to' be done is resolved only when this disparity disappears, when they add an invisible wall on the open spaces or better yet just change the door to require a single player to save our sanity.

Christ, those mental gymnastics really aren't necessary we all know that it's not intentional.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Back on topic...I doubt the tank is in yet. Having to run the event instances so many times, SOMEONE would have gotten it by now. I have a feeling, since the admins on the forums have been pretty playful with it, that they are just teasing it and it will be in the next lockbox or released int eh zen store on the 14th after the coupons expire.

I plan to grab the Maze Engine gift box shortly before the reset just in case on one toon..

Back on topic...I doubt the tank is in yet. Having to run the event instances so many times, SOMEONE would have gotten it by now. I have a feeling, since the admins on the forums have been pretty playful with it, that they are just teasing it and it will be in the next lockbox or released int eh zen store on the 14th after the coupons expire.

I plan to grab the Maze Engine gift box shortly before the reset just in case on one toon..

All they'd have to do to keep the coupons from working is not categorize it as a "special" mount.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    urabask said:

All they'd have to do to keep the coupons from working is not categorize it as a "special" mount.

Fair enough. I'm thinking at least 15k Zen if it hits the zen store....and that may even be low.

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    As for those who can't click on the Beholder: try claiming your loot from the treasure chest first.

That seemed to fix the issue for me.
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User

As for those who can't click on the Beholder: try claiming your loot from the treasure chest first.

That seemed to fix the issue for me.

I tried claiming the chest first when I couldn't click on the Beholder, but it still wouldn't work.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Think it glitches if you are too close to the beholder tank when the lith guy dies and the cutscene plays. Thats the only time it happened to me anyway.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I currently don't see a reason to run the Artificer Workshop since the loot the same as Trial and the latter is much faster.

Until we can discover useful things by interacting with the Beholder, the above seem to hold true for me in the limited runs I made in the Workshop.

Am I missing something? Please share, thanks.
  • shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User

LMAO happens to me sometimes....
    FYI - if you have VIP you can Travel Post out of that no worries and no dying
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric
  • tieashame#1782 tieashame Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Happend to me every time it is killed to fast. *shrugs*
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Did not work for me. Yes, I can bring the travel post but I cannot click it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Yeah, you're actually lucky if the post works for you. You're stuck inside an object with a barrier that stops you from getting into the "correct" area, and since you're almost always right on the edge the signpost will almost always spawn in the "correct" area, and said barrier prevents you from interacting with it.

If you're a TR you should be able to use shadowy disappearance to fix the matter, as long as you can target the "correct" area, but I don't think any other class has a similar ability. CW's can't dodge their way out, for example. GWF's can't use leap slam or charge etc.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    People are also assuming this is where it drops. We could be wrong.

Quite frankly, this would make a good tease, and I'd save the biggest reward until the end.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    zibadawa said:

Yeah, you're actually lucky if the post works for you. You're stuck inside an object with a barrier that stops you from getting into the "correct" area, and since you're almost always right on the edge the signpost will almost always spawn in the "correct" area, and said barrier prevents you from interacting with it.

If you're a TR you should be able to use shadowy disappearance to fix the matter, as long as you can target the "correct" area, but I don't think any other class has a similar ability. CW's can't dodge their way out, for example. GWF's can't use leap slam or charge etc.
    It seems my character like to be trapped. The last time I got trapped was last night. Trapped by the bubble in the end of workshop. :)
    I could only wait for my party mates to fill up the crystal. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

It seems my character like to be trapped. The last time I got trapped was last night. Trapped by the bubble in the end of workshop. :)
    I could only wait for my party mates to fill up the crystal. :)

That reminds me that I did the arm of the delzoun on an alt recently, and after Linu raised the barrier against the demon hordes at the end Bruenor was stuck inside the barrier. But yet they didn't try to fight each other. Demons just sort of stood there, confused, while Bruenor tried to slip through the barrier. It was almost as if they were...in league with each other. Plot twist!
  • shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2016

i have heard from others it doesn't always work...my friend had to use the moonstone mask transport option to exit being stuck then teleport/re-enter back to the group. no guarantee it always works i guess
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric

i have heard from others it doesn't always work...my friend had to use the moonstone mask transport option to exit being stuck then teleport/re-enter back to the group. no guarantee it always works i guess
    The easier way is to kill yourself through Help and you will be in the closest camp fire.

The easier way is to kill yourself through Help and you will be in the closest camp fire.

Except you still get the full death penalties: injury and lost buffs.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Just to get back on topic. On the live stream last night, a couple of people did claim to have picked up beholders with one saying they had six !!! But they are BoP, so you wont be seeing them on the AH.
  • melasiomelasio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Just to get back on topic. On the live stream last night, a couple of people did claim to have picked up beholders with one saying they had six !!! But they are BoP, so you wont be seeing them on the AH.

six? pppft, i have thousands of them!