test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did anyone get a Personal Beholder Tank yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    The 'glitch' you guys are talking about occurs when you have collected a gem (the green ones that power the beholder) but didn't use it before the fight got over.

And, no I didn't get the Mount and don't expect to. You guys should stop hoping for it too, it is unlikely to drop and most likely just an April fool's joke. If it does drop, good, but again, don't expect it to and get broke when it doesn't.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Just to get back on topic. On the live stream last night, a couple of people did claim to have picked up beholders with one saying they had six !!! But they are BoP, so you wont be seeing them on the AH.

qexotic said:

Just to get back on topic. On the live stream last night, a couple of people did claim to have picked up beholders with one saying they had six !!! But they are BoP, so you wont be seeing them on the AH.

NEVER believe Jarek. That was our people and we were foogin-abooot- we don't have any yet. :)

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016

The 'glitch' you guys are talking about occurs when you have collected a gem (the green ones that power the beholder) but didn't use it before the fight got over.

Just had this happen and was still able to interact with the tank.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

qexotic said:

qexotic said:

NEVER believe Jarek. That was our people and we were foogin-abooot- we don't have any yet. :)

Fair enough :-) Mind you, Strum did admit it was somewhere in the campaign...so there is still hope :-)

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Would be odd if it's a weird combination of things we can't possibly guess.
    Run the race every day for 20 days, knock out 5 gnomes in one run, do all
    the daily extra quests, eat one of each of the event foods, etc. combined.
    A way that even the winner of a tank couldn't guess or blab correctly.

Oh, all while wearing Portobello's hat. ;)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    obsiddia said:

Would be odd if it's a weird combination of things we can't possibly guess.
    Run the race every day for 20 days, knock out 5 gnomes in one run, do all
    the daily extra quests, eat one of each of the event foods, etc. combined.
    A way that even the winner of a tank couldn't guess or blab correctly.

Oh, all while wearing Portobello's hat. ;)

Don't forget to use the magic wand. But yeah, you might be on to something here, lol. At this point I'm willing to try anything to figure out where and how to get it!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    Well, if none got it yet it kind of confirms my hypothesis :)
    Interacting with beholder tank can drop you (very rare) a coupon that makes beholder tank display in the zen store. I suspect this would cause rage of players but in some way it makes sense.
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    naah no seller would tell you "grind like an idiot to spend money at our store" then again worse things happened to this game :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    At this point my hypotheses have devolved into things even I realize are ludicrous.
    I wish we knew if it's even "live" yet...
  • Options
    casey0267casey0267 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    my thought on the beholder mount is that it won't drop until the last week......this makes players play all the way through the event, the last "dungeon" requires 3 specific "type" of classes and level >30 ( most bots are level 15), and I am willing to bet it's BoP but we'll see what the big "secret" is, I too expect this to be an extremely rare drop lol
  • Options
    Well, although I haven't seen a beholder mount drop yet it has been fun collecting all of the other drops. I think I have almost everything including: all 8 Hecklers, Pewter Golem companion, Green Slime companion, Portobello's Mitre and Kilt (still need one more piece of his outfit), Adorable Pocket Pet, various Report Cards, Sack of 'Drow Ears', all the food and drink. All good fun which I think was the intention of the event :)
  • Options
    jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Well, although I haven't seen a beholder mount drop yet it has been fun collecting all of the other drops. I think I have almost everything including: all 8 Hecklers, Pewter Golem companion, Green Slime companion, Portobello's Mitre and Kilt (still need one more piece of his outfit), Adorable Pocket Pet, various Report Cards, Sack of 'Drow Ears', all the food and drink. All good fun which I think was the intention of the event :)

Where does the Mitre drop?
  • Options
    jpalo316 said:

qexotic said:

Where does the Mitre drop?
    I think I got one in a Respen's Dungeon chest and the other in the Trial of Traps chest.

• Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    The exploit would be the act of a player going through the door when they're not supposed to gain an advantage. The glitch is the fact that you can actually get through the door when you're not supposed to. They're two seperate issues.

That's the other way around, you don't get advantage with a glitch, however, you might with an exploit...

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2016

That's the other way around, you don't get advantage with a glitch, however, you might with an exploit...

They're called exploits because you're exploiting bugs/glitches ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I got the mitre today from chest in the Artificer's Workshop.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    I, personally, have 2 therories.

First one is connected with out 20-side dice, there is a chance that chance for getting Beholders occurs only when u have already rolled 20, or something similar.

Second is one about progression in campaign. U see, first week gave us fashion pants, second one unlocked that weird hat, third one will unlock grab i guess, but there is only 3 different maps, so meesa thinks week 4 unlocks beholder as reward from chest.

But its just theories, we will see. As far as we know cryptic they may have simply decided tor remove 140% speed mount from reward pull, coz reasons.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'm sure the grave will play a part. Argh. Idk. If it just appears in the zenstore I'll be happy. But if it only appears for like, a day, or even a week, I'm boned. Zero zen atm. (Cos. Perfect dread), and my credit card is not coming out for that much.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    My theory is: you have to touch the beholder at fullmoon, wearing portobellos hat and robe
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i think the diceroll is simply how many times you have completed it?
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    First,

I think that IF the beholder tank is going to drop in the event... it will be during the last quest. More than likely a chest RNG drop. But they will still offer it in the zen store.

Second,

I have used the trick of bypassing the door to talk to Flabbergast a number of times, and have been able to interact with the tank after defeating the MindFlayer boss.

Third,

I have had the issue where I had a control crystal "somewhere" and still able to interact with the tank.

That last one kind of threw me for a bit because I couldn't interact with any other crystal. But it doesn't show up anywhere. Not in inventory, or and of the currency items.

But a friend of mine has gotten the point where he couldn't interact with the tank. He didn't use the trick or left with unused crystals.

• Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I cant use the crystals anymore ether And i think that all bypassing has a lot to do with it. This campaign was meant to be a PARTY based one and when we don't rendezvous WHERE IT WILL REGISTER the the game thinks a step has been missed. And then errors happen.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It's actually modular programming where a call has been made to simply open the door and has no significance on the main quest since it does not wait for a return. It's quite simply a redundant pace mechanic between the phase of opening vents and kicking gnomes. Modular programming is popular because of easy debugging or changes, such they can replace the door with a portal etc or quite simply change it to requiring one person to open the door.

Also check that you don't already have a crystal by clicking the crystal stand, oddly sometimes I start the beholder fight with a crystal and is unable to pick one up, but can place one on the stand.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Sorry to mention this to other OCDers... but maybe you have to complete all
    the achievements to have any chance. (Under Skirmishes) I say sorry because
    one of them is collecting 500 crystal dice.

Am curious about the grave, tho. And who/what it represents in reality.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Sorry to mention this to other OCDers... but maybe you have to complete all
    the achievements to have any chance. (Under Skirmishes) I say sorry because
    one of them is collecting 500 crystal dice.

Am curious about the grave, tho. And who/what it represents in reality.
    See the Portobello's Campaign: Art Dev How-To article in the News section.

Mat Smith sculpted the Burrow Dawn Inn props for the live presentation, which were copied/interpreted into Neverwinter by Patrick Poage.

Mat Smith is the CzarOfHappiness, and the headstone is Patrick Poage's homage to the original designer.​​