Lostmauth's Vengeance changes

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

sangrine said:

I just analyzed some log data in ACT.

My character
    renegade MoF CW with swath of destruction, chilling presence, and perfect plague fire
    conduit of ice (tab) + fanning the flame + icy terrain + disintegrate + scorching burst + furious immolation
    tested on 3 target dummies.

Before nerf:
    Lostmauth's vengeance = 29% of all damage

After nerf:
    Lostmauth's vengeance = 12% of all damage

I will continue to use the Lostmauth set, unless the new CN set is better.

I would counter that even 12% is a little too much. Nothing that procs for free damage should ever EVER deal more than 5-10% of one's total damage. Bad design leads to the current situation CWs find themselves in.
    That's misleading. MoF has pretty low damage so elol triggers will always make a larger part of its damage.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    urabask said:

That's misleading. MoF has pretty low damage so elol triggers will always make a larger part of its damage.

My losmauth damage is 12% because I use 3 DoT encounter powers + class feature with 20% debuff + weapon enchantment with 9% debuff. If I remove all DoT powers and remove all debuffs, then lostmauth damage will be much less.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    sangrine said:

urabask said:

My losmauth damage is 12% because I use 3 DoT encounter powers + class feature with 20% debuff + weapon enchantment with 9% debuff. If I remove all DoT powers and remove all debuffs, then lostmauth damage will be much less.
    If you remove all the debuffs why bother playing MoF? : |

That's like saying you could run GF without ITF. Sure, you could but it would be really, really, really stupid.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

That's like saying you could run GF without ITF. Sure, you could but it would be really, really, really stupid.

your reply does not change the fact that my lostmauth damage is 12% because of DoT powers and debuffs whether you like it or not. Do some tests on your CW on preview server and show/tell us the results.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

yes you will do in full buff pt 1M+ disintegrate and you will cry because you will not have an extra buffed lostmauth hit BE REAL. AND if you are aoe spec then use aoe spells vs the boss noone force you go single target play your builds on their full potential.
    I GUESS many of you play renegade. what else you want ? you have nightmare wizardry-phantasmal destruction- chaotic capstone- uncertain allegiance - FEAT when you critical you get ap with 10 sec cooldown and only you buff yourself but also your allies is enough isnt it ? for max damage go thauma with icy veins- spell twisting is simple...............

Although I agree with you to an extent, there i little to no use of a full AOE CW unless you want to finish some CN corridors in 10 sec instead of 20 sec. I'm a full AoE CW (no focused Wizardry) and I outDPS all FW-based CWs in my power range. They can't come close. Period. But boss-wise? I can't outDPS them with AoE spells because that' not how it works, ok? :D
    Regardless, CWs really are under-powered and without this set that will come up to the surface now. So, we can expect some CW changes.
    I'd personally completely disable spell twisting because the feat is so good that you're bound to take it. That is why I didn't take it. Not only that, but it makes all the Recovery gear completely useless for any PvE CW.
    We need to run something you and I so I can show you how dps on CW looks.
    i dont know about you but i made a build with everything contribute to cooldown reductions recovery-persuation-griffon to benefit the dread enchant. the results impressive encounters are so often make lostmauth coming 3rd on dps contribution.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

We can't. Shadowtouched OP. :p

I find it amusing that you mock people about specific things in their builds that differ from yours and yet at the same time advocate build diversity and doing things separate from the norm, a little hypocritical don't you agree? But yeah, you can keep boasting about your high dps, or you can substantiate it, I promise, I will take lots of screenshots as evidence.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    sangrine said:

urabask said:

your reply does not change the fact that my lostmauth damage is 12% because of DoT powers and debuffs whether you like it or not. Do some tests on your CW on preview server and show/tell us the results.
    You're basically trying to imply that 29% increase in damage on each trigger would more than double the portion of damage that elol triggers make ...

It makes a much larger portion of your damage because you're doing less damage overall. In actual dungeons with real DPS in your party it'll make an even larger portion of your damage because you're not going to have enough time for your DoTs to tick before mobs are dead.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

yes you will do in full buff pt 1M+ disintegrate and you will cry because you will not have an extra buffed lostmauth hit BE REAL. AND if you are aoe spec then use aoe spells vs the boss noone force you go single target play your builds on their full potential.
    I GUESS many of you play renegade. what else you want ? you have nightmare wizardry-phantasmal destruction- chaotic capstone- uncertain allegiance - FEAT when you critical you get ap with 10 sec cooldown and only you buff yourself but also your allies is enough isnt it ? for max damage go thauma with icy veins- spell twisting is simple...............

Although I agree with you to an extent, there i little to no use of a full AOE CW unless you want to finish some CN corridors in 10 sec instead of 20 sec. I'm a full AoE CW (no focused Wizardry) and I outDPS all FW-based CWs in my power range. They can't come close. Period. But boss-wise? I can't outDPS them with AoE spells because that' not how it works, ok? :D
    Regardless, CWs really are under-powered and without this set that will come up to the surface now. So, we can expect some CW changes.
    I'd personally completely disable spell twisting because the feat is so good that you're bound to take it. That is why I didn't take it. Not only that, but it makes all the Recovery gear completely useless for any PvE CW.
    We need to run something you and I so I can show you how dps on CW looks.
    i dont know about you but i made a build with everything contribute to cooldown reductions recovery-persuation-griffon to benefit the dread enchant. the results impressive encounters are so often make lostmauth coming 3rd on dps contribution.
    Show some act logs.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Nerfing Lostm was good. It brought down GWF to a more balanced place. BUT it also messes with other classes like CW being the most affected one. With lostm on live, the CW is balanced in PvE and a bit underpowered in PvP (compared to other classes). But now with the lostm nerf the CW is underperforming across the board both as Stormspell and MoF in both PvE and PvP.

They need to buff CW damage quite a bit before this nerf goes live.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    verdonix1 said:

Finally! I didn't believe it yesterday, but it seems to be real. I have been waiting for this for months, I actually caved in and bought this set for my warlock, now I will be happy to throw it out again.
    This entire thing was just a huge paywall for all striker classes. Buy this set for half a million ad or you can't play your character. I'm so glad there is an end to that, it will be great for new players and those with lots of alts.

Do you honestly think that the "pay wall" you speak of has anything to do with the Lostmauth set?
    lol if 450k AD was a paywall phoenix1021 is in for a big surprise once he starts upgrading enchants and companions.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Now I'm glad I never put that set on my CW, because I knew this was coming since the set came3 out. Maybe next mod you'll do something else to make him useful.

Now that my GWF won't be able to kill as fast as he can now, will you finally fix the unstoppable bug? I'd like to have at least one fun, useful toon out of my 8 lvl 70s..
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I find it amusing that yo
    u mock people about specific things in their builds that differ from yours and yet at the same time advocate build diversity and doing things separate from the norm, a little hypocritical don't you agree? But yeah, you can keep boasting about your high dps, or you can substantiate it, I promise, I will take lots of screenshots as evidence.
    I will forever mock people who use Shadowtouched and Elven Ferocity in their builds simply because they believe that it's damage is substantial.

However, when someone comes and says "It might trigger life-steal", I tend to laugh.

Also, just for the fun of it I ran a quick 7 min Kessel's run with CWs who use FW feat.

I'll let you know that I'm greatly underpowered since I didn't play for three mods, and that I was the only Rene there in the sea of Thaums with Trans Vorpal meaning that I actually increased their dps as well. I run a mere lightning ench with Radiant's 7 and 8 alongside and I don't even use the legendary pets. If I did it would be a game-breaker for me, actually. I'd get stupidly OP and totally forget to play accordingly to my skills. The last one is Ap/Dc.

I'll leave you now to grief for the LM set. I actually can't wait to return to the actual CW oriented builds. LM set was a menace for me.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options

I find it amusing that you mock people about specific things in their builds that differ from yours and yet at the same time advocate build diversity and doing things separate from the norm, a little hypocritical don't you agree? But yeah, you can keep boasting about your high dps, or you can substantiate it, I promise, I will take lots of screenshots as evidence.
    I will forever mock people who use Shadowtouched and Elven Ferocity in their builds simply because they believe that it's damage is substantial.

However, when someone comes and says "It might trigger life-steal", I tend to laugh.
    We're at the point where the healing boons are just as trivial so it's a pretty pointless argument.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    urabask said:

lol if 450k AD was a paywall phoenix1021 is in for a big surprise once he starts upgrading enchants and companions.

It's a paywall if you have 8 striker characters and trying to outfit them all. Or if you are a new player on your first level 70 character. Nobody needs rank 9+ enchants or legendary companions, but the lostmauth set was mandatory.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Hey Orcus...

I got a question for you brother...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Double Post. :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    urabask said:

We're at the point where the healing boons are just as trivial so it's a pretty pointless argument.
    I'll ask you how trivial they'll be when OPs get nerfed.
    True Neutral
  • Options

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

lf for that guy freya and that dps cleric to run with my guilidies wizards they will not use lostmauth set.
  • Options

urabask said:

I'll ask you how trivial they'll be when OPs get nerfed.
    It'll be the same difference. About the only place I'll miss OPs is at blue during DF but the healing boons don't make a difference there anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    I prefer instant 40.000 hp + green buff to keep me up at all times and I can actually count on that.

LS is a very anarchically oriented stat for me to count on it, and especially with counting on the misery called Shadowtouch to proc it. I fathom that there's a bigger chance to get a legendary mount from a lockbox. Hhue
    True Neutral
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    urabask said:

You're basically trying to imply that 29% increase in damage on each trigger would more than double the portion of damage that elol triggers make ...

It makes a much larger portion of your damage because you're doing less damage overall. In actual dungeons with real DPS in your party it'll make an even larger portion of your damage because you're not going to have enough time for your DoTs to tick before mobs are dead.

You are trying to obfuscate my test results/conclusions with confusing language because it seems you continue to believe the simplistic idea that MoF simply has less dps and that's why lostmauth damage is high on MoF. If I remove all DoT powers, then lostmauth damage (as a % of total damage) will be reduced, mainly because Lostmauth will proc much less often. My build is DoT build which is designed/intended to proc lostmauth (and smolder/rimefire) as often as possible. How often lostmauth procs is huge factor in % of damage it does. My crit chance is 75-100% in combat.

damage in dungeons (paingiver) depends greatly on how fast you are and/or how slow other players are.
    If mobs dies fast in dungeons, then it does not really matter what build you have. For single target boss fights, my % of lostmauth damage will be different (probably less).

Instead of spending time arguing on the forum, you could be testing your CW on preview server and sharing the results with us.
    Post edited by sangrine on