test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transcendent dread enchant

jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Another OP s***? 75% dps bonus to encounters + 40% def reduction + 4% something more. what kind of enchant is this s***? dps bonus and debuff at the same time... lol.

I havent tested it yet, but this is just what i have in mind: the new set doesnt buff the elol DoT since its not an encounter, yes. What if u combine the dread enchant with the orcus set? when u are in pve, bosses and mobs usually have much more HP then u which may end up that the bonus will be constantly 20%. So u get totally:

20% dps bonus + 75 crit severity + 44% debuff...

and ofc Im talking about classes that use encounters and daily most of the time like CW and SW.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is Spartan bae.
Post edited by jasman23 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Least it won't make GWFs even more stupidly OP.
  • Options
    for the sake of at will, its not good for my GWF but for other classes lol, its like 75% of a t vorpal + 1 t terror lol
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    ahmadrubatahmadrubat Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Just imagine a HR with this enchant... which class is never needed to use at-wills LOL. Unbeatable.

EDIT: I think this enchant need a little nerf. That is for sure.
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Highly depends on how it actually works. Cause most of cw/hr trapper dmg for example comes from passives like ss/roots + dots. Hell on my cw i use spec with up to 60% dmg from passives. If its boosts only crit severity of encounters than its not that great or better than terror/vorpal/plague. Also terror got tooltips corrected at some point showing that at r12 its 4% debuff in pve not 40%. Pvp... well... its already screwed. =) Bottom line - needs testing. Agreed that making it zen store only stinks but we have plaguefire already.
    Gwfs are pretty fragile now. With temp hp rendered useless and unstoppable bug still around. Personally i would rather have dmg nerfed than survivability but oh well. Another topic.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    With the current formula I am using to predict its damage, at least 66% of your damage needs to come from encounter for it to be better than vorp, so stop overhyping it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Im not hyping at all, the fact is other classes like CW uses encounters most of the time lol. Lets say that it only buffs encounters and not elol set. Then what happen when u switch to the new orcus set?.

Flat dps bonus + 75% crit severity + 44% debuff?

Think about it, thats how cryptic's logic seems like now. They want u to switch to the new set in order to stay BiS in PvE
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    Have y tested it or just speculating? Cause knowing craptic it might not work at all or work for any dmg that procs of encounters =)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    No thats just my theory, its driving me nuts lol, thats why i made this thread, so s1 who tested would come and say that im wrong lol. I really hope that Im wrong, otherwise.. RIP vorpal.
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    Most of cw dmg currently comes from lost set/ss or lost set/ss/owlbear depending on your spec/crit chance. Encounters personaly dmg ii VERY low. Same with rangers - roots/plant growth. Also new set bonus... Unless broken it doesn't seem that great. aslo pretty HAMSTER stats for dps. Even elol set isnt that bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    pretty sure u are talking about ss, MoF is a different story and yes u missed the idea of switching to the new orcus set
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    As of right now.. this enchantment is crazy stupid to get..

Ill keep my vorp until I can make my own thanks.. dont need yet another stupid system in the game.. Im not going to support that.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

As of right now.. this enchantment is crazy stupid to get..

Ill keep my vorp until I can make my own thanks.. dont need yet another stupid system in the game.. Im not going to support that.

Man no1 wants it to happen, even players with 100mils AD in their pocket.
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If anyone wants to give me one, I'll be glad to test the heck out of it and report back. :)
  • Options
    kvet said:

If anyone wants to give me one, I'll be glad to test the heck out of it and report back. :)

XD same here XD noone seems like doing that btw XD
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    It will be seen how the Dread ench works, someone wrote that the Pure and T.shadowclad is bugged, no DR buff and near perma stealth. So im not rooting for this to work as planned either.

Lets wait for some statistics before going all nerf on it. Prolly someone is testing it right now with ACT.

I think we'll soon see how it performs.
  • Options
    No DR Debuff in pve, crit sev is there though.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User

No DR Debuff in pve, crit sev is there though.

So its bugged too
  • Options
    0.75*x=0.5.....0.5/0.75 = 0.666666. Your encounter powers would need to make up more than 66% of your damage in order for the dread enchant to be better than vorpal for crit severity. As far as I know, there isn't a single class that meets that criteria and since currently, the debuff doesn't work, for most classes except maybe SW (if this thing is classed as necrotic) this enchant is just bad.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Does damage from elol (triggered by encounters) get benefit from it? Or other passive triggered by encounters?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options

Does damage from elol (triggered by encounters) get benefit from it? Or other passive triggered by encounters?

nope.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Assuming it gets fixed (not surprising it's broken), it's a very class specific weapon enchantment.

I'd like to test it out on the HR - the trapper uses encounters almost exclusively, yet much of the damage comes from root DoT damage which I'm not sure if it is affected.

Anyone test this out yet?
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    @thefabricant, ty for the quick reply. Then it seems vorpal still win in pve. If the debuff work, it could be a great choice for balancing dmg and debuff.

Just a little reminder to others, vorpal has 2% debuff too.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    Lesser Dreads selling for 450k. Greaters selling for 3.75mil (comparatively, Greater Vorp = 1.1mil). Bloody hell... this is lunacy.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Well, considering it doesn't boost Lostmauth, I feel comfortable enough to - right now - assume it wont buff HR Thorned Roots, which is still the majority of my damage.

The fact that the debuff - still! - doesn't work doesn't do it any good either. I am kind of curious as to if it would stack with a Terror/Plague Fire.

Guess I'll pass on this enchant like I did Shadowclad.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

Lesser Dreads selling for 450k. Greaters selling for 3.75mil (comparatively, Greater Vorp = 1.1mil). Bloody hell... this is lunacy.

Not rly, since vorps has been around forever and you could make them when Cwards cost 100K and not 330K.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016

0.75*x=0.5.....0.5/0.75 = 0.666666. Your encounter powers would need to make up more than 66% of your damage in order for the dread enchant to be better than vorpal for crit severity. As far as I know, there isn't a single class that meets that criteria and since currently, the debuff doesn't work, for most classes except maybe SW (if this thing is classed as necrotic) this enchant is just bad.

GF will profit most I think, a GF lives from his encounter in PVP he doesn´t use at wills a lot.
    A GF onerotates you atm using feytouched, some use terror since it works also fine.
    If this class will get a 75% critseverity + a terror buff it will give PVP an even more redicules note, I retreat from that game and level an GF.
    So in case they fix that debuff we will see nothing else than this enchant on every GF.
  • Options
    Ran some quick tests last night with a lesser on my HR. Just eyeballing it, i definitely saw the numbers go up on both initial hits, and subsequent DoT ticks for both thorned roots and Gushing hits.

Keep in mind, however, that at-wills don't benefit, and in raids CA provides a nice chunk of DPS and won't benefit from Dread. Definitely a good boost in solo play or small groups though.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    GF enchant in my opinion too,
    maybe there was a rash up in gf numbers (cause easy alts to level to 11) and cryptic decided ppl will spend money on GF thingies.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12