What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transcendent dread enchant

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Dread enchantment is only good for GF/HR from what I can tell. Very little of a CWs damage comes from encounters because the devs designed the class so the damage comes from stormspell/lostmouth and other stupid stuff. :P

Also the defense debuff sucks because you cant get it more than one time per fight because the stacks keeps refreshing as long as you attack.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Dread enchantment is only good for GF/HR from what I can tell.

Yep. Think I'll wait out the prices while everyone realizes this, and Greater Dreads come down from the 3.5mil they are now to a more reasonable level.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited March 2016

From reading this thread I'm assuming the -40% defense component does not work (in PvE)?

I think clerics get most out of this, since they deal zero damage or heals from dailies, most of it coming from their encounters. GFs in PvE won't make much use from it. In PvP it's not bad though.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I have the transcendent version of this enchantment (I had a pile of coal wards sitting around). I compared it to my trans feytouched and it seems to be a little better. I'll try to run some ACT later this night.

I like it so far with my CW. It seems something is stacking four times (looks like the terror icon) and it'll trigger on my at-wills. I run a typical spell twisting renegade.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    http://postimg.org/gallery/yl251qty/

Left (orange border) image is with Trans dread, right (blue) is Trans Feyt. No pets, same setup. 1 min 40 sec. Will try vorpal in a few. Sorry for the HAMSTER image hosting, my first time trying that...old people :wink:

Oh,

Rotation was typical AoE CW: CoI (Tab)/ST/Dis/IT and used lightning at-will to trigger spell twisting recharges. tried to keep it consistent.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Seems not to affect Steal Time?
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Left (orange border) image is with Trans dread, right (blue) is Trans Feyt. No pets, same setup. 1 min 40 sec. Will try vorpal in a few. Sorry for the HAMSTER image hosting, my first time trying that...old people :wink:

Oh,

Rotation was typical AoE CW: CoI (Tab)/ST/Dis/IT and used lightning at-will to trigger spell twisting recharges. tried to keep it consistent.

sorry but this is not consistent data. due to the frequency of hits of one test vs the other.

What it does show is a increase of damage in lostmauth set, which is interesting. But i think you would need to run a specific test to see if that is true, since that data has too many varables to account for. (test this by casting one encounter over and over with and without)

But overall I wouldnt be surprised if dread is better than feytouched, but I still think vorpal is superior then both (in pve)
    niadan said:

Seems not to affect Steal Time?

There is a higher max hit and average for steal time, so it looks like it does.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Was referring to effectiveness.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Yeah that was a quick general test. I'll try individual tests this week with vorpal. My first try using ACT :)

Wow just noticed the # of hits. Bleh this test sucked lol. I'll try and standardize the rotation and do individual tests for all three enchants.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Well, glancing over this data is does seem - although, as the previous poster said, the data is limited - that Dread, if anything, is overperforming and applying it's severity to non-encouter based damage types - like Lostmauth set - at well.

I've not made one, and have not been able to find someone to send me one on Preview, but I would absolutely love to test the HAMSTER out of this enchant on my HR. Lostmauth procs - both minimal and top damage - seem to suggest it works on anything that can crit , which would also explain why any non-critting abilities, like Storm Spell, perform better on the Feytouched side.

Last time I tried this enchant on Preview, neither the CritSev nor the Debuff worked. But looking at this data - 104% effectiveness - it does seem like both are working. We'll need a much larger data set to confirm, though. If anyone would be so kind as to send me one on Preview, I'll test it until no tomorrow.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    I can send you one on preview.

Message me in game: @sweatapodimas
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm if it works with divine casted Encounters on DCs? I run one with Vorpal but if it works with divine Encounters it would be nice to swap over with the debuff on top of crit sev
  • Options
    willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User

Oh,

1. The 40% def reduction i8s not shown I think. Only the 4% debuff. It should have been shown as effectivenesee I think.

2. The debuff should work on everything. Its not working on Oppforce, lostmauth etc.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Oh,

I ran a 10 minute test on both enchants rather than a 1 minute test, I suggest doing the same for more consistent information.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    lots of u do not take its debuffs in your math or 12% flat bonus damage for u and rest of the team
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    hi, is anyone tested with SW (fury)?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The moment the enchant is fixed (if ever) and grants you a 40% debuff on top it will be BIS for lots of classes with a critbuild , I am sure --> Rightous DC, Warlock, Hunter, only class wich should not wear it is GWF....TR , paladin may also not profit?

A furylock deals the biggest part of his damage with encounter like SoulScorch, Dreadtheft, Hadar graps, WB apart from TT and creeping death.
    So in case you have high crit, you will do better than with vorp ... no test needed.
    Run Act and see what your fury deals with At Wills...not that much, something like 5-6% maybe or even worse
    Creeping death as so TT as so Morderous flame will go up, since it correlates with the dealt damage.
    This enchant should be BIS for Furylock even without that silly 40% debuff on top.
  • Options
    vasiamen1vasiamen1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    *waiting for ACT results*
  • Options
    mrsspireamrsspirea Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    me too
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User

The moment the enchant is fixed (if ever) and grants you a 40% debuff on top it will be BIS for lots of classes with a critbuild .....

read dread enchantment descriptions:
    "reducing their defense by 40%"
    "reduce your target's Damage resistance by 4%"

4% debuff in pve, not 40% debuff, although it might work differently in pvp.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^ this is correct AFAIK. Think Terror + Vorpal combination.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So I ran a more ACT experiments with our guild combat dummies, three were affected.

Description of ACT runs so far,

Two Conditions and 3 enchantment "states":

Full AoE with at-wills/encounters/dailies for 10 min and I tried to stay consistent by alternating chilling cloud with a quick storm pillar: CoI(tab)/ST/Dis/IT, CC/SP at-wills

Single target loadout, encounters only for 5 min each, very easy to keep up and very consistent castings: CoI(tab)/IR/Dis/RoE

Enchantments: Transcendent Dread, Transcendent Vorpal, and No Echantment

Image files:

Dread Full AoE: [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/25u0g3s.png[/IMG]

Dread Single target: [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/30dklk0.png[/IMG]

Vorp Full AoE: [IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/28uixc9.png[/IMG]

Vorp Single target: [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/33es8cp.png[/IMG]

No Enchant Full AoE: [IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2mg9pw6.png[/IMG]

No Enchant target: [IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/34he845.png[/IMG]

Summary:

Dread enchantment seemed to slightly beat vorpal 50 mil to 47 mil total, although I would say that's within the margin of error for my castings.

Single target loadout showed the same oddly enough.

One odd thing (I mentioned b4) is that the atwills stack a terror-like icon on the target and any damage keeps the stacks at around 3 or 4.

*note: the image pages are a little glitchy and may need reloading.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I am a GWF, this enchantment wont take a penny away from me :open_mouth:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2016

hi, is anyone tested with SW (fury)?

Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but with a greater dread I'm able to pull a 1+million crit every few minutes on Orcus. With vorpal that never happened.

So yeah, this new thing is real good. Including pve outside of that glitchy Castle Never.
    Post edited by ainarel on
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I dunno, call me cynical, but when something is too good to be true, something's fishy.

When the economy was awash with exploited AD, ad sinks and other measures appeared to suck that away, until the economy stabilized. All well and good. Now, after the tradebar store modifications, the game had, from the outside looking in, a glut of coalwards.

And now, miraculously, we have two new enchants, one of dubious use but offering reportedly permastealth at trans, and one now that looks like it's going to be the new big thing in weapon slots for some classes if not all. Not to mention the simple curiousity factor to tempt those with a pile of c.wards in the bank.

Coalward sink anyone..?

My main is a trapper HR, with +50% crit, I think HRs have atwills, but I'm not sure really, I only use my mouse for steering. If dread procs off lolset and roots, then it's a no brainer I should sell my trans fey, and my TRs p.vorp and lmao, their trans negation too, just to buy a trans dread.

But then, I have this feeling, that once coalward sales from the zenstore rise back to pre tradebar modification levels... That these two enchants will get fixed/balanced, and fixed/balanced hard.

As I said, call me a cynic.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    vasiamen1vasiamen1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    "The fact that the debuff - still! - doesn't work"
    Someboy already post a feedback about this?
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    kvet said:

If anyone wants to give me one, I'll be glad to test the heck out of it and report back. :)

I second that.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I dunno, call me cynical, but when something is too good to be true, something's fishy.

When the economy was awash with exploited AD, ad sinks and other measures appeared to suck that away, until the economy stabilized. All well and good. Now, after the tradebar store modifications, the game had, from the outside looking in, a glut of coalwards.

And now, miraculously, we have two new enchants, one of dubious use but offering reportedly permastealth at trans, and one now that looks like it's going to be the new big thing in weapon slots for some classes if not all. Not to mention the simple curiousity factor to tempt those with a pile of c.wards in the bank.

Coalward sink anyone..?

My main is a trapper HR, with +50% crit, I think HRs have atwills, but I'm not sure really, I only use my mouse for steering. If dread procs off lolset and roots, then it's a no brainer I should sell my trans fey, and my TRs p.vorp and lmao, their trans negation too, just to buy a trans dread.

But then, I have this feeling, that once coalward sales from the zenstore rise back to pre tradebar modification levels... That these two enchants will get fixed/balanced, and fixed/balanced hard.

jonkoca said:

Coalward sink anyone..?

I'll try it out for HRs, once my internet becomes stable to let me play with neverwinter. havent been able to play for the past 2 days. 2xrp out of the window for me. lol.