test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Contest: Drowned Shore Foundry Style

Comments

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Yikes. Just goes to show you, read EVERY WORD of a brief. ;D I had no idea it was only the first 10 who were eligible. ;D I guess thats why entries stopped rolling in =( I wondered why it slowed down so much!

Here are the first ten to reply in my thread
    @vida44
    @jazzman
    @nimbus734
    @josephskyrim
    @cloudybison21
    @fullmetalaricx
    @bhurab
    @smalltownhick
    @hapipokori
    @tvcity

Here are the two who arrived late (sorry guys!)
    @peregr1nus
    @joyousdeciever

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User

Yikes. Just goes to show you, read EVERY WORD of a brief. ;D I had no idea it was only the first 10 who were eligible. ;D I guess thats why entries stopped rolling in =( I wondered why it slowed down so much!

Here are the first ten to reply in my thread
    @vida44
    @jazzman
    @nimbus734
    @josephskyrim
    @cloudybison21
    @fullmetalaricx
    @bhurab
    @smalltownhick
    @hapipokori
    @tvcity

Here are the two who arrived late (sorry guys!)
    @peregr1nus
    @joyousdeciever

Arghh,I almost made it...now ill have to walk xD
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

Arghh,I almost made it...now ill have to walk xD

If @strumslinger provides one (or more!) prizes for the Easter Egg contest we can extend it - so cross your fingers!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I can do a Purple Owlbear for all entrants (so the three of you) and an additional three Owlbears for the Easter Egg contest.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options

I can do a Purple Owlbear for all entrants (so the three of you) and an additional three Owlbears for the Easter Egg contest.

Awesome!

Here's how we'll do the Easter Egg Continuation...

Next 10 entries in each (along with non-winners of first 10) will get a chance for an Owlbear.
    Then, the next 10 in each after that (plus all previous non-winners) get a chance for an Owlbear.
    ...and then another 10 in each (plus all previous non-winnres) get chance for final Owlbear.

So the sooner you get your entries in the better your chances!
  • Options
    duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    So I finally adventured all three contest entries. Thanks to all of you for sharing your amazing creative works. No, I am not exagerating, to me adventuring well done foundries is the highlight of all efforts put into a character. I don't use pathing help, no minimap, quest tracker off, and spend quite some time there just enjoying Faerûn woderland.

I'm glad, I am not asked to name a contest winner. All I could say is, "Sage Ramiel" from @eldarth I would recommend to magic inclined characters, "Disembark" from @zachariah92 for military, and "Tidal Reflux" from @torontodave for rogueish minded characters. Thank you all for sharing them.
  • Options
    durynte said:

So I finally adventured all three contest entries. Thanks to all of you for sharing your amazing creative works. No, I am not exagerating, to me adventuring well done foundries is the highlight of all efforts put into a character. I don't use pathing help, no minimap, quest tracker off, and spend quite some time there just enjoying Faerûn woderland.

I'm glad, I am not asked to name a contest winner. All I could say is, "Sage Ramiel" from @eldarth I would recommend to magic inclined characters, "Disembark" from @zachariah92 for military, and "Tidal Reflux" from @torontodave for rogueish minded characters. Thank you all for sharing them.

What a great summation! ;D Thanks for playing =D =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options

Easter Egg First Round Winner - @moxabanshy

Congrats! You just won a "Heavy Inferno Nightmare"
    Look for it in your in-game mailbox shortly!
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User

@Eldarth, ten players submitted screenshots of the easter eggs of my foundry:

Listed by order:

@fullmetalaricx
    @xlausbube
    @narjima
    @raptoah
    @dreamlessblue
    @bhurab
    @bulzaj88
    @coraiz
    @joyousdeciever
    @b0newyrm

@zachariah92 I believe @vida44 was the second to post a photo for you foundry, it was behind a spoiler tag.
    Ups!!! right I'm so sorry. I didn't see the spoiler tag. So just in case new list here of the first 10:

@fullmetalaricx
    @vida44
    @xlausbube
    @narjima
    @raptoah
    @dreamlessblue
    @bhurab
    @bulzaj88
    @coraiz
    @joyousdeciever

I'll actualize my list with everyone who found the easter eggs, just in case :)

@b0newyrm
    @krysnyte
    @ecigolini
    @josephskyrim
    @peregr1nus

Take in mind I'm in European time.
    And me... since I was under lock and key when I posted it... it did not show until today. I was the 11th to post on your thread.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    jazzman#2455 jazzman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @moxabanshy, congrats.

One question with the easter egg contest, is there an eventual deadline to award the prizes or could we be waiting a while for each of the next levels to be met?
  • Options

@moxabanshy, congrats.

One question with the easter egg contest, is there an eventual deadline to award the prizes or could we be waiting a while for each of the next levels to be met?

We'll see how fast the entries come in -- we got the first ten pretty quick and we're almost (over halfway?) into the next.
    I'm pretty much just killing time until SCL releases client patch #3 in the next couple months so it likely won't go on past that.
  • Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Running those was superhappyfuntime! Thank you all for some amazing amazing awesome stuff! Each one felt like I was prepping for war, in three unique ways. Each had that creative author's eye for individual interpretation of what the ruin of the Drowned Shores should've been (sorry, but true!), none of them were alike but all of them were DEVASTATING. And I loved the special touches of flair each author brought that showcased the multitude of things that can be done in Foundry that adds life and flavor to any adventure. And saw some stuff/tricks not seen before, which is always so much fun - there were moments of surprise, and downright awe of omgthat'ssocoolwhydidn'tithinkofthat. None of them were boring, all were action packed and had well balanced fights. And showed, yet again, that underwater adventuring IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE within the existing game engine (lookin' right at ya Cryptic!).
    Now I wanna go build something. B)
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    waryur said:

Running those was superhappyfuntime! Thank you all for some amazing amazing awesome stuff! Each one felt like I was prepping for war, in three unique ways. Each had that creative author's eye for individual interpretation of what the ruin of the Drowned Shores should've been (sorry, but true!), none of them were alike but all of them were DEVASTATING. And I loved the special touches of flair each author brought that showcased the multitude of things that can be done in Foundry that adds life and flavor to any adventure. And saw some stuff/tricks not seen before, which is always so much fun - there were moments of surprise, and downright awe of omgthat'ssocoolwhydidn'tithinkofthat. None of them were boring, all were action packed and had well balanced fights. And showed, yet again, that underwater adventuring IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE within the existing game engine (lookin' right at ya Cryptic!).
    Now I wanna go build something. B)

Thank you @wayrur, you already know your words are really appreciated. :)
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I was miserably sick today, so I hope to have the results tomorrow evening.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    melinden said:

I was miserably sick today, so I hope to have the results tomorrow evening.

Feel better, and no rush -- contest has been delayed for something like 6 months anyway - a few days or so is no biggie. B)
  • Options
    Well I get home today and get ready to play and...the catalog isn't republished. I am happy to go with @essenti and @wayrur votes if you would prefer the results sooner. Otherwise I will wait for the contest entries to appear.

..and here I thought I was being so good by not playing them before judging. That will teach me. Not sure what it will teach me, but something, I am sure.
  • Options
    lol. lets hope the rest of the foundry makes a return tomorrow. =X
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Fine for me.

What about the promised owlbears @strumslinger ?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    just to have an idea, how many plays do approximately have the entries? I think they were featured, right? I want to know if others are actually playing them or if it's just us XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    zachs has 250+ plays, me and eldarth under 100 .. I guess people just play the first one in the list. ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Mine had more than 600 plays. As @torontodave says, probably the people just play the first one in the list. :P
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    One of the things we (@Tipa and others) discovered during the Cult of the Dragon contest was that there was a majority of players that chose the first quest in the list. Quests listed farther down received fewer and fewer plays the farther down they were.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options

One of the things we (@Tipa and others) discovered during the Cult of the Dragon contest was that there was a majority of players that chose the first quest in the list. Quests listed farther down received fewer and fewer plays the farther down they were.

Yeah - 'cause no one would have ever expected that -- and "shuffling" the featured list would take a horribly complex 1 or 2 lines of code. Cryptic brain trust FTW as usual.
  • Options
    cloudybison21cloudybison21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    are we going to get those rewards?, or this event has been thrown out of the water?
    Post edited by cloudybison21 on
  • Options

are we going to get those rewards?, or this event has been thrown out of the water?

I updated the original post, and posted a winner (@moxabanshy) earlier in this topic.
    We haven't seen enough entries for a round 2 prize yet.
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    any word on next round of entrants?? i did 2 of the 3 quests making it into first round of one ... and second round on the other... does that count as 2 entries into round 2draw???
  • Options

any word on next round of entrants?? i did 2 of the 3 quests making it into first round of one ... and second round on the other... does that count as 2 entries into round 2draw???

Yep, each quest counts as seperate entries and anyone that didn't win a round rolls into next round.
    I don't think we've gotten 10 more entries in each quest yet to make a round 2.
  • Options
    And we still need that they reload all the foundries again, it will take some time... :(

• Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    guess soon as they come available i will have to do the third one ! help get on to round 2
  • Options
    Just checking in guys, the two other judges are in disagreement so I am going to have play and vote. Of course, I can't play them..

We could bring in another judge who has played all of them but I don't want @strumslinger to post an update to the foundry contest post when the publicity would send people to the foundry just to be unable to find the contest quests.