test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Contest: Drowned Shore Foundry Style

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited June 2016 in The Foundry
Epic Contest: Drowned Shore Foundry Style

(Scroll Down for Players Easter Egg Contest!) -- EXTENDED! 3 more prizes!

Requirements
  • Outdoor Map(s): Blackdagger Ruins West
    (Using an "empty" outdoor map to create a complete "indoor" environment is okay - but Blackdagger Ruins West must be the "only" outdoor environment map - although multiple copies/uses are okay)
  • Indoor Map(s): Any
  • Quest Time: target 30-60 minutes
  • Lore: Must follow lore tale presented by Neverwinter Content Designer Scott Crawford
    ... But this relative peace was recently shattered when a powerful tidal wave struck the shore at Raven Cliff Beach, destroying the lighthouses and seemingly annihilating the Neverwinter Guard stationed there. In the wake of the disaster a host of aquatic monsters swarmed ashore, driving back the Emerald Enclave’s forces and evicting the dwarves from the mine. Led by hideous sea hags, an army of aquatic trolls and lizardfolk soon established themselves in Blackdagger Keep, proving to be a far deadlier threat then the bandits that preceded them. It wasn't long before Harper and Emerald Enclave scouts began to report the presence of a group of strange cultists moving freely among the aquatic monsters. This collection of sailors, pirates, and rogues devoted to the evil Elemental Princess, Olhydra, quickly proved to be behind the aquatic invasion. Clearly, the tidal wave that struck the coast was no random natural occurrence and if this cult wields such deadly power they must be stopped before they unleash it again. ...
  • Quest Area: Majority of quest objectives must be on the Outdoor Map - i.e. No leading straight into a tunnel/mine and spending the whole quest in the mine. The major intent is to show off a foundry version of the Drowned Shore.
  • Optional: Easter Egg Players Contest

Prizes
  • Grand Prize: 1.5 Million AD -- Winner: Disembark by @zachariah92
  • Runner Up: 500,000 AD -- Winner: Sage Remiel Goes to War by @eldarth
  • Third Place: 250,000 AD -- Winner: Tidal Redux by @torontodave

Entry Rules
  • Submission Publishing Deadline: February 27th 2016
  • Quest Title: Must contain "#DS#"

Judging

• Final judging will be decided by a panel of 3 (or 5) judges who will play all qualified entries
  • Winners will be announced when all judges' votes have been submitted and tallied

Players Easter Egg Contest!

WINNERS LIST
  • Round 1 Winner: @moxabanshy - Congrats!
  • Round 2 Winner: awaiting entries
  • Round 3 Winner: awaiting entries
  • Round 4 Winner: awaiting entries

The first ten players that posts a correct image in an entrants quest thread below containing all 5 "Easter Egg" quest items from one of the winning entrants have a chance to win .....A Heavy Inferno Nightmare.
Heavy_Inferno_Nightmare.jpg

EXTENDED: Thanks to @strumslinger we have 3 more prizes for the Easter Egg Contest: 3 owlbears!
For every new set of 10 found in each quest, we'll give away a chance to win an owlbear to anyone who previously hasn't won!
So...first 1-10 = chance for Heavy Inferno Nightmare, (1 in 30 chance!)
next 11-20 + previous non-winners = chance to win an Owlbear, (1 in 59 chance)
next 21-30 + previous non-winners = another chance to win an Owlbear, (1 in 88 chance)
final 31-40 + previous non-winners = final chance to win an Owlbear! (1 in 117 chance)

POST MUST CONTAIN IMAGE OF ALL 5 EASTER EGGS IN YOUR BAGS!

Post Player Easter Egg Entries Here:

"Easter Egg" quest item requirements:
  • Label: Authors Choice - each should be different for authentication purposes
  • Description: Must have "(Easter Egg #)" at beginning of description
  • Icon: Authors Choice - each should be a different icon for authentication purposes
  • Must be received by interacting with something and not combat or dialog.
...thoughts? ...prize donations/suggestions welcome!​​
Post edited by eldarth on

Comments

• Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll volunteer to be a judge for this and play all entries (up to 10).

I really love the idea of the Player Prize for Easter Eggs. Candidate quest authors probably should submit an image showing what all five Easter Eggs look like so that whoever is overseeing the Player Prize can identify them.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    essenti wrote: »
    II really love the idea of the Player Prize for Easter Eggs. Candidate quest authors probably should submit an image showing what all five Easter Eggs look like so that whoever is overseeing the Player Prize can identify them.

That's why I put the requirements that all Easter Egg items be named "Easter Egg One" ...etc. then we can easily identify them - if authors choose different images then I guess that adds a bit of security from simple photoshopping.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Another Question...

Since I'm only providing the prize money (through @MrGiggles651 generous donation!) and not judging could I be allowed to enter?

What if there were a caveat that any winnings would have to split 25% to next winner, and 25% to fourth place winner?

So, here's a few options for me entering as well...

A) Normal entry/qualifying
    B) Normal entry/qualifying - split any winning 25% to next winner, 25% to fourth place
    C) Normal entry/qualifying - if qualified - "honorary" 11th entry - no winnings
    D) Hell no - you could have already had 3 months to work on it!

I'll leave decision up to final judges, but figured I'd get peoples feelings.
  • Options
    shrike025shrike025 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll also be a judge with pleasure and give my votes to all entries.
    Double Party
    NW-DDI8G8OSL
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If I have until October, I think I'll be entering.. =X So I can't be a judge.

Will Melinden be entering the contest? I'd like to nominate them as a judge. They're always the first person to play any new Foundry Q's submitted to the subforum. I enjoy reading his/her reviews =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think you need to give more info about the contest intention, which (if I recall correctly) is to redesign the drowned shore, how it would have been. ;)
    also, I like that we're supposed to make longer quests. sometimes it's hard to do anything in 15 mins.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I think you need to give more info about the contest intention, which (if I recall correctly) is to redesign the drowned shore, how it would have been. ;)
    also, I like that we're supposed to make longer quests. sometimes it's hard to do anything in 15 mins.

I think that's somewhat obvious with "Drowned Shore Foundry Style" :p
    ...and for a quest for an entire zone I think you definitely need more time and I think 30-60 is probably a decent sweet spot. Long enough to be interesting and not too long to judge each one.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'll be sure to participate on this one definitely. I don't want to miss another contest XD
    I already have a few ideas on my mind. I do think the deadline is too much, it's 5 months for a single quest. I don't think it should be more than 2 months, but that's just me probably.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sure, I could judge this. I could also administer it if Eldarth would like a chance to enter this time :)
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My friend ancientuncle and I will volunteer to be judges, and ancientuncle has offered to sweeten the prize pot with a Heavy Nightmare Inferno mount and an additional 1 million astral diamonds.

Let me know if that is acceptable :D
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I'll be sure to participate on this one definitely. I don't want to miss another contest XD
    I already have a few ideas on my mind. I do think the deadline is too much, it's 5 months for a single quest. I don't think it should be more than 2 months, but that's just me probably.

I think you're right - 4 months is a wee bit long - so I'll change it to Sept 4th publishing deadline.

Edited:
    • Submission Publishing Deadline: September 4, 2015 11:59pm PST
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    melinden wrote: »
    Sure, I could judge this. I could also administer it if Eldarth would like a chance to enter this time :)

Sounds great to me. I'll admin it until we get an acceptable panel of judges and then you can take over administration (assuming judges are okay with me entering in some form or another) :cool:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    izatar wrote: »
    My friend ancientuncle and I will volunteer to be judges, and ancientuncle has offered to sweeten the prize pot with a Heavy Nightmare Inferno mount and an additional 1 million astral diamonds.

Let me know if that is acceptable :D

The more the merrier! I'll add you both to the pool of potential judges!

And the extra prizes would certainly sweeten things!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Added:

Requirements

• Quest Area: Majority of quest objectives must be on the Outdoor Map - i.e. No leading straight into a tunnel/mine and spending the whole quest in the mine. The major intent is to show off a foundry version of the Drowned Shore.
  • Options
    zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think I will participate on this one too.

Never give up!

I only have a question, "Majority of quest objectives must be on the Outdoor Map / The major intent is to show off a foundry version of the Drowned Shore." that's ok, but I'm thinking that the last part of my quest must be in another map. So I need to build at least 2 maps, it's that ok?
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I only have a question, "Majority of quest objectives must be on the Outdoor Map / The major intent is to show off a foundry version of the Drowned Shore." that's ok, but I'm thinking that the last part of my quest must be in another map. So I need to build at least 2 maps, it's that ok?

Sure - as long as it's an Indoor map - the "star" of the quest needs to be the "Drowned Shore" outdoor map basically. The last part (or any part) isn't required to be in another map at all. You could have only the outdoor map, or several indoor mine maps and several copies of the outdoor map to return to from the mines, etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I like the new ideas!
    I can't wait to see some of the entries!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Is everyone having fun with the useless invisible walls and fence blocking usefull parts of the outdoor map? :rolleyes:

Heh, I went and took a long look at the maps, then, decided I'd rather judge. Good luck! ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    XD yeah, too many invisible walls, but as always, we'll have tro work with what we have (we're used to it already anyway ;) )
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I put a cave wall, problem solved...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    kaomwannabekaomwannabe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to take part in this contest but I'll be to busy these coming up month's to devote my time to the foundry. I will however offer up my services to judge and I'll also sweeten the pot aswell. I was gonna distribute the 1 million AD amongst the last contest entrants, but I'll instead offer it back to you Eldarth to sweeten the whole pot for this contest. Also I'll check my bank's whenever the server comes back online to see what unique items I can give for prizes.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    How about this modification to the "Players Prize" --

From...
    • Players Prize! -- The first player that posts an image in this thread containing 5 "Easter Egg" quest items from one of the winning entrants will win .....something.

To...
    • Players Prize! -- One of the first 10 players of the Grand Prize winning entry that posts an image in this thread containing 5 "Easter Egg" quest items visible along with their character window will win .....something.
  • Options
    elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I was interested in putting together a quest for this contest but none of the new assets from elemental evil have been added to the foundry. Is there any word on when the can be expected?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    elderdays wrote: »
    I was interested in putting together a quest for this contest but none of the new assets from elemental evil have been added to the foundry. Is there any word on when the can be expected?

Sometime between "after mod 8" and never. Here's a loooong list of assets that have existed forever in game that we are still hoping get added to foundry someday: Requested Existing Standard Assets
  • Options
    I edited the first post to detail the "Players Prize" for finding Easter Eggs...

Players Prize! -- The first player that posts an image in this thread containing 5 "Easter Egg" quest items from one of the winning entrants will win .....A Heavy Inferno Nightmare.
    Heavy_Inferno_Nightmare.jpg
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    eldarth wrote: »
    Is everyone having fun with the useless invisible walls and fence blocking usefull parts of the outdoor map? :rolleyes:

OMG, you aren't kidding. I've been flying around that map for DAYS, trying to figure it all out.. lol
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Should the quests be progressive, or moreso be in the style of the HE quests that we have now, except more interesting?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    Should the quests be progressive, or moreso be in the style of the HE quests that we have now, except more interesting?

Anything you like -- as long as it fits the contest requirements. Go crazy.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    I CAN FINALLY POST ON THESE STINKIN FORUMS.

I was blocked out for so long for not allowing vanillaforums.com cookies.

I'm BACK THO.

Here's a teaser for what I'm working on now.. ;D

R412Z2b.jpg

Yes I hate the invisible walls in Blackdagger Ruins West as well, but my adventure is turning out AWESOME nonetheless. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.