1. GWF
    2. TR
    3. DC [Righteous clerics will almost always out DPS you]

PVE [Monday morning trash pick up]
    1. GWF
    2. HR
    3. DC

PVP [Actual balanced match, based on actually some what balanced lv 60 PVP]
    1. GWF - Not many lv 60's know about stacking life steal and ArP. I do, and they are beasts.
    2. GF - 1 rotation kills for days
    3. TR - SE of hell
    4. DC - They will break your spirit to death
    5. HR - Infini-stun is still op in lv 60

PVP [Normal unblanaced PvP]
    1. GWF
    2. GF
    3. TR

No CW love?
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

I currently rock the lostmouth set legendary neck and epic belt, I use the twisted set both epic with the 6% increased sure strike damage bonus and the increase Crit chance with weapon master on the offhand, I have the lantern, blue dragon, horn and cw sigil all mythic, and for companions I have epic mercenary, epic fire archon, epic air archon, and rare dancing blade and rare eryines and I also use Lia knowles build and I have 100% Crit chance with all procs, trust me I'm a beast and rarely get out damaged by anybody except warlocks and gwfs with much higher item levels, feel free to add raw carnage and myself (gt is Zachsoccer77) as we play all the time and I garuntee you he will out dps any gwf

Replace the Blue dragon heart the wheels of Elements is so much better, as well as the sure strike damage bonus, replace that with the weapon master strike one it clears out groups a lot faster and not really that noticeable difference with sure strike, replace the dancing blade with the yeti his proc is very nice even at rare. :3 Im just saying I don't have 100% crit due to only having rank 9 bondings on my comp, but go look at the Gwf from my Guild Lord Dutchington he has 3.9 IL and legendary mercenary with R12 bondings or 10, 11, and 12 idk which he went with and I still pass him in damage even though the huge difference in stats. : 3
  • zachsoccer77#2037 zachsoccer77 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    What makes the wheel of elements so much better if you don't mind me asking?
    Its 30% fire damage, so 30% more damage lol
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/KjhTjE-utwQ

SW will and should always be top DPS... It's what we're made for... just sayin

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Too many factors imo, like if who is specced for add control, buffs or single target dps. Then what map your running cause maps very in ideal mob setups for given roles.

Best dps is usualy the 1 guy who understands his build
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    @bratleyray I respectfully disagree. " SW Won't and should Never be top DPS. It's not what they are made for. just sayin." GWF, TR, and HR(kinda) are the only classes that are PURELY made for nothing but DPS. Every other class can be used as some support class as well.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    what is the purpose of the SW anyway. I have one and I don't even know why that class exists. I don't even think sp is a glitch. I think it's some sort of pity giveaway for a useless class. LOL. (no offense to those who have figured out how to rock that class. I know I can't.. or don't want to spend enuff time trying to figure it out to get there.. that spin fire thing just irritates me.. so does the CW waddle but that class has redeeming serious buff debuff qualities to get past it)
    Isn't it hard to grab that fire symbol though when activating the wheel? Or do you get the fire damage bonus everytime?
    @firepats12#3687 you are severely mis lead if you think a sw is not meant for dps, you obviously don't run with any of the top notch players in this game other wise you wouldn't be saying that haha but that's okay you're mind will change if you ever do play with them
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    It's ok. Y'all obviously have never played with a player who knows how to play their warlock. All good.

Isn't it hard to grab that fire symbol though when activating the wheel? Or do you get the fire damage bonus everytime?

Litterally it spawns in front of you... just walk foward... lol
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Man that CW waddle is the worst. It's like a wet <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in white pants.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    1) GWF+SW
    2) HR
    3) CW+TR+GF+DC
    4) OP

In that order. I don't count OP's paingiver for much considering I can open ACT on pc and see that its counting the damage binding oath and divine protector deal towards them to paingiver which makes up a large proportion of their damage.

Here is a sample of GWF vs SW in buff groups in PVE:

GWF:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=io6daJ98EJY

SW:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3-KwIYNImo

I don't really see much of a difference in clear speed. Also, thats fernu's pvp not pve spec.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I agree, SW and GWF are and should be top DPS. Of course I favor the SW, it's what I play, lol... All other classes are support, crowd control, etc... When built right not only does the SW bring high dps to the group, it also has group buffs which only enhance the group. One tree in the SW list could be seen as a support role and thats Temptation. But you still need high DPS for it to be viable...Now what other class can do that and still top the charts? Not a TR, Not a HR, Maybe one should actually try to understand class roles in a group before making statements about how things should be...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

@itsmithneko well that makes it easy then :p
  • smellycat2012smellycat2012 Member Posts: 35 Arc User

Litterally it spawns in front of you... just walk foward... lol
    I've run into the fire (forward), it doesn't trigger, then I have to go back to grab it. Sometimes, the delay invoking it is long enough for someone else to run in front of me and grab fire.

I watched Lazalia's video soloing Valindra and he used water before the hand grabbed him, to stay alive while the companion continued to fight.
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    @thefiresidecat google death is best cc.. that's what they do
    edited March 2016

@thefiresidecat google death is best cc.. that's what they do

Reading comprehension difficulties? All I said about the CW was that their waddle irritated me...much in the same way the twirl of the sw irritated me but they, unlike the sw, had some redeeming qualities...
    edited March 2016
    So, to all those GWF's/SW's out there bickering over whose at the top of the dps pile, whats your highest puppet/murderous flames/TT/ibs hit? Is it harder than:

119 million? Anyone here 1 shot Goristro on GWF/SW?

That hit was Hawk Eye for anyone wondering and yes, it was a single hit not a sum of hits.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Woah...
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    #1 hr
    #2 gwf
    #3 sw
    #4pally
    #5 tr
    # 6 dc
    edited March 2016
    @thefabricant do you have a link to your build? i want my hr to be just like yours when he grows up lol

@kriptical1 lmao exactly that
  • ik1ng#2518 ik1ng Member Posts: 7 Arc User

So, to all those GWF's/SW's out there bickering over whose at the top of the dps pile, whats your highest puppet/murderous flames/TT/ibs hit? Is it harder than:

119 million? Anyone here 1 shot Goristro on GWF/SW?

That hit was Hawk Eye for anyone wondering and yes, it was a single hit not a sum of hits.

This fills me with so many feels of pride and jealousy.

#HRLIFE
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    @thefiresidecat no but obviously you do. I was talking about sw, and so were you, but you inisist on talking about cw and whatever else you're rambling about. You have no idea what you're talking about

Whenever you're ready to be schooled on the usefulness of any class, join us.
    @raymond00713 , you weren't talking about the sw or if you were, you must be completely confused about what death is the best crowd control build is referring to. as that build is for the control wizard not the SW.

http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/blogs/?p=11

In your comment following my comment all you said was

"@thefiresidecat google death is best cc.. that's what they do"

it seems you even have a hard time understanding what you yourself have written. LOL. there is zero mention of a SW in that sentence. Only the CW.

Yes, I was talking about SW but I ALSO made a comment on how ridiculous the CW waddle was. they have something in common, the SW and the CW.. they both have a movement or two that is weirdly out of place and ridiculous. I was not questioning the usefulness of the CW. they are a useful class. I was questioning the usefulness of the SW.

you see you can talk about more than one subject in a paragraph or a sentence. People do it regularly.

@thefabricant do you have a link to your build? i want my hr to be just like yours when he grows up lol

@kriptical1 lmao exactly that

Its not my HR, its sume's hr. He generally does dungeons/raids/etc with the same people I do which was how I came upon the screenshot.

@thefiresidecat no but obviously you do. I was talking about sw, and so were you, but you inisist on talking about cw and whatever else you're rambling about. You have no idea what you're talking about

Whenever you're ready to be schooled on the usefulness of any class, join us.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GBmw_bjgSrdkEnQ8GR_N5HgIuEfcvOxXXGDd7cJr-0Y/pub

If you want to talk about CW guides. Also, I believe thefiresidecat was referring to the aesthetics of the movement of the class rather than their performance.
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User

That should be it -

http://prntscr.com/addnu8

With Hawk Shot and Longstrider's Shot he's playing as a different type of archer, using trapper path. That's pretty interesting.
    r9jtqurw.jpg