What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We want double AD

2»

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    yep could help push through another week while we wait for mod 9. BTW they did announce another 2xEnchantment weekend which is a big idgaf. With so many 2xRP weekends and already having mythic artifacts I no longer pick up enchants unless i run right buy them.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I don't know why they keep going making double enchants week ends... Maybe to ruin the value of enchants stacks and lower the profits of the bots?

Anyway still no official answer on the double AD.....
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    2xAD... 2xRP...2xEnchants...I believe that Cryptic has given me the best thing they could already... 2xskrewed. I have spent enough money in this game that I could have bought a small used car by now. I have spent enough time in this game that I could have hand crafted that car from scratch. They have given me just reason and strength to finally break my addiction to this game and I hate to say it but it feels good. The removal of pres and coal wards does not have much effect on me as I don't use them on a "daily" basis and by the time you need them for upper level refining you have already spent a ton (time/money) on getting there in the first place. For me it was the underhanded handling of what they did and while they have every right to do what they did, because it is their product, I just choose not to associate with that type of organization.. no matter what the product is. So thanks again Cryptic from the bottom of my heart.
  • Options
    deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I would like to see a 2xAD as well but sadly do not see that gaining any attraction as many have said that it was hurting their bottom lines with the wards and things that they removed from the TB Store. Though the change they made did not bother me at all as I am new to NW it still is a pain to hear the anger that they installed when they did that. I would agree that they need to add things to the VIP daily bag and would suggest they think of adding the things to the invoke bag as well. We are getting 2xrefinment and the like but there is no reason to as most people that can benefit from it are still pissed off from the TB store nerf
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Don't let the double AD die. Bring the pitchforks ! Bring the torches ! (make sure to use the non-salvagable type for this)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    micky1p00 said:

Don't let the double AD die. Bring the pitchforks ! Bring the torches ! (make sure to use the non-salvagable type for this)

Totally agree
  • Options
    I think 2xAD weekend would be much more encouraging to bring out some people to farm dungeons that 2xSeal weekends. Seriously, who cares about 2xSeals?
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Like yesterday....

It should be a revolving event

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    These 2x events are the wrong approach of dealing with the game's shortcomings.
    After the 2x AD event ends the game goes back to be like it was before, you know?
    The fact that they last only a few days doesn't help either.
    This game needs structural PERMANENT changes in content/systems/ecc... that inject new life into it, these events don't really fix a thing, they only have temporary and shortlived effects.
    Let's start by replacing all low level skirmishes (they're useless anyway) with all Call To Arms (and all related loot) for 5-70 characters all pooled together, so at least there's some group content for all players (regardless of level) to farm some cosmetic gear.
    Not for a limited time, but always.
    Second, how about extending the winter/summer/spring/fall events length to be 3 months long each (they last a full season) rather than a week or two? This way there's a seasonal event going on the whole time. That's effectively more content in the game, and you don't even need to design it from scratch since it's already there.
    Third, implement the waukeen coins into eligible Featured Foundries, so maybe there's some new reason (even if minor) to run them. Again, all the time, not just for a limited time. Remove (or nerf) those rough AD from bags if they cause too much trouble, but it's not like the golden cloak, the pantaloons or others miscs are gonna break the game.
    Post edited by klangeddin on
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    2 x AD weekends are wrong. People would just hoard all their salvageables until one, then salvage them all at once and just click refine button every day. Im pretty sure after 2xAD weekends long time ago there already are people sitting on alts filled with salvageables. This would effectively double the AD coming from salvage and hurt the economy. ~400 AD/Zen is fine, backlog comeback isnt necessary.
  • Options
    It's about getting people interested in the game, not some AD/Zen balance
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    "Some AD/Zen balance" - are you serious? Its one of most important issues in game for both devs(real money) and players. Getting interested in the game are big words that can mean anything. 2xAD events bringing satisfaction is a very short-sighted vision. In longer term you are going to have increased prices for basically everything in game and, in worst case, Zen shortage which was very hurtful during leadership times.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    wentris said:

"Some AD/Zen balance" - are you serious? Its one of most important issues in game for both devs(real money) and players. Getting interested in the game are big words that can mean anything. 2xAD events bringing satisfaction is a very short-sighted vision. In longer term you are going to have increased prices for basically everything in game and, in worst case, Zen shortage which was very hurtful during leadership times.

A handful of hoarders (hi, I'm a hoarder) cannot possibly exert the kind of controlling force that a constant stream of passive AD did. Salvage still has to come from somewhere, and once you've refined your glut of rough AD, you're stuck in thrift mode again. There would be a market bubble, but it would pass the way the ones from 2xRP (AD has more buying power) and cash shop sales (Zen has more buying power) do. There's no reason to expect that an occasional event would recreate the backlog, because there's simply not that daily volume of AD being produced literally out of nowhere anymore. (Plus most of the actual *backlog* was refined AD produced out of literally nowhere. It got a lot better before Leadership was shut off, though the exchange didn't drop fully.)

XBox players hoard their salvageables against 2xAD events that they can be fairly assured will happen with some regularity. They're actually much more conditioned to do so because longtime PC players are accustomed to those being a myth. The effect on their economy is a simple predictable rise and fall (in line with their much lower exchange rate). And while the economies are far from in tandem, the effect of events is similar within the platform's parameters.

One weekend event, or occasional weekend events, would not create a permanent situation. The permanent situation was created by a permanent available mechanic (at the time).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    salvage hoarders aside (and btw you wouldn't need to hoard salvage because all the +1/+2 lvl 70 rare rings would be gobbled up in no time for salvage on the AH).

My point is, I cannot message my friends who only come to this game to invoke and use their VIP key (while awaiting new content) to come back and run dungeons with me for 2xSeals.

2xSeals - No one cares about 2xSeals
    2xEnchants - Only people who care are the ones using leadership to get RP and they open their boxes
    2xRP - Helps new players and the end game players who take advantage of the new players by selling their RP on the AH (yes some people who are not currently playing but waiting for new content will log in long enough to post RP on the AH
    2xGlory - no one cares unless they are very new lvl 70s
    2xXP - Only people who care are those trying to lvl an alt for the class artifacts and new players who will just get bored of the game that much faster

2xAD is the only event that gets players to come onto the game and play, even if for only a weekend I can get people to come farm dungeons for a change
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,244 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    putzboy78 said:

salvage hoarders aside (and btw you wouldn't need to hoard salvage because all the +1/+2 lvl 70 rare rings would be gobbled up in no time for salvage on the AH).

My point is, I cannot message my friends who only come to this game to invoke and use their VIP key (while awaiting new content) to come back and run dungeons with me for 2xSeals.

2xSeals - No one cares about 2xSeals
    2xEnchants - Only people who care are the ones using leadership to get RP and they open their boxes
    2xRP - Helps new players and the end game players who take advantage of the new players by selling their RP on the AH (yes some people who are not currently playing but waiting for new content will log in long enough to post RP on the AH
    2xGlory - no one cares unless they are very new lvl 70s
    2xXP - Only people who care are those trying to lvl an alt for the class artifacts and new players who will just get bored of the game that much faster

2xAD is the only event that gets players to come onto the game and play, even if for only a weekend I can get people to come farm dungeons for a change

I care about 2xSeals because seals means AD. It also means the gear you can buy so that you can salvage in 2xAD.
    I care about 2xEnchant because besides enchanted coffer, it is also a good time to use the lockbox key. I get 2xEnchant from that too. I got a few 2xR9.
    I care about 2xRP although I am not a new player and also not the end game player.
    I care about 2xXP for the power points of my level 70 characters who did not get all the rank 4 power. It is also time to read the 'experience books'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you will get it in the worst manner the GM can possibly dream up.". The wish rule (1973).

I remember, a few years back during a Coins of Waukeen Event when one player got 256,000 RAD three times the first day. At 24k/day refining it took him a month and a half to refine all that RAD and all the RAD he received in the next month and a half from other sources.

However, Double RAD once every other Christmas weekend wouldn't be a bad idea.

What I'm hearing above is I want it at least every other month. Those who WANT Double RAD should get it and then be sent to Greece to live on 63 Drachmas/day until the next Double RAD weekend, just for a 'Reality Check'.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,244 Arc User

"Be careful what you wish for, because you will get it in the worst manner the GM can possibly dream up.". The wish rule (1973).

I remember, a few years back during a Coins of Waukeen Event when one player got 256,000 RAD three times the first day. At 24k/day refining it took him a month and a half to refine all that RAD and all the RAD he received in the next month and a half from other sources.

However, Double RAD once every other Christmas weekend wouldn't be a bad idea.

What I'm hearing above is I want it at least every other month. Those who WANT Double RAD should get it and then be sent to Greece to live on 63 Drachmas/day until the next Double RAD weekend, just for a 'Reality Check'.

People has multiple toons to "prepare" for the AD refinement already.

And, you don't need to use Coins of Waukeen Event a few years ago as an example. I had at least 3 256K RAD in the 2nd last Coins of Waukeen Event (late last year). After the first toon got his 256K, I switched to another toon to continue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I think it's time to make this up,

XBOX are getting a double AD this week end. PC players still want the double AD from Last year, the one that was stolen !

So please consider make a double AD event !
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Thinks I would rather have..

insignias added to trade bar store.
    reduction of price of mounts on trade bar about 25% less.
    REDUCE the cost of increase pets by 50% more (way.. too expensive. still and you really missed the boat on this)

all DOUBLE ad will do now.. is totally zax backlog and increase enchant prices by a good 30% more then they are right now.. they will of course go down, but people are not stupid, they always increase pricing right after a event for a couple of weeks to gouge that extra AD from you.

This current encomomy is so locked down and the removal of wards hampers movement even further.

Zen is once again way more valuable then AD.

ALL the "work " they did to "help" players has been basically screwed by ward removals.

WE dont need more AD.. we need more value back to VIP and a reduction of wards in zen store.. AS been asked about like 1 million times by players.

thats what I would prefer over.. a simple double AD weekened.

This discussion has been closed.