test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Difficulty of dungeons. Usual->Epic->Legendary.

Comments

• gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    john6522 said:

Yes harder IL dungeons please. Don't care of they're an hour long or 3-4K+. It would be a blast to have long dungeon skirmishes again.

hmmm, I say yes for longer dungeon crawl, but same time difficulty in dungeon shuold be lined with End Boss eg. many partys can complete eCC to End Boss, but they fail legit finish. This was not problem before(Before powercreep and dungeon removal).

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    not all games are the same, what i really like in my experience is having some zones with really hard enemies with high value drops. If "solo zones" is even better. I want personal challenges not group related ones.
    But well this is dnd so i guess group runs is what we are supposed to do. Sadly the rewards is 0, the challenge is 0 ( and with those rewards better be like that).
    When higher reward is offered, everyone drops the same limited set of things and they sell for nothing.
    If the rng does its job, price is high, players are stressed and unwilling to farm.

why games like diablo do not suffer this?
    People the drop is not that rare but their stats are randomized!

with the rewards they offer i really do not care of having challenges.
    the faster the better.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

My point is, if you are too good or too geared for PVE, quit complaining and go do PVP. That will show you that you are not THAT good as your ego tells you and you will have a challenge.

Ha ha ha ha...you made my day ^^.
    PVP in NW? Sure.....the "best balanced" feature ingame. Coward rings, AP glyphs, buggy skills...etc...etc...
    But "that will show" you how good you are....come on...gimme a break
  • malfoirmalfoir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User

dolrey said:

Nowadays dungeons are small in number but still awesome for players who have about 1500-2500 item level.

But there are a lot of players who have more than 3000-4000 item level. And nowadays dungeons are too easy and boring for them.

As you know in the game there are Legendary items for a long time. And I would like to propose Legendary difficulty of dungeons.

For example players will need to have about 2800-3000 item level to enter to new Legendary dungeons. Could you please make thous dungeons in 1.5-2 times harder than dungeons with 2000 item level to enter. (Like in the past Castle Never was much harder than the other dungeons of that time). And could you please make them really long (minimum 1 hour to reach the boss). Because most of nowadays dungeons are very short to be interesting.

Thank you in advance :)

Ps: no onehits for mobs and damage resistance bugs, just hard dungeons.
    ===============================
    Thanks for everione for up the thread and for your support. If someone else would like to see hard and "not casual" content could you please write your oppinion or ideas here. Seems like developers of Neverwinter Online are realy awesome in reading our (players) feedback. So, the more players will show their desire to feel really challenging content the more chances all of us will have to enjoy it.

Totally agree... unfortunately the trend at Cryptic is to make dungeons shorter and take less time to finish. They seem to be catering to the "short attention span" crowd rather than those that enjoy a nice long dungeon crawl.
    Before some players did say, -Dungeons too long, but havent see word "too hard" before disaster mod6.

Before most "random" -teams has chance to complete most T1/T2 if they just listening, but after mod6 this chance became very thin.

...fabricated perfected 2K -teams and speedruns, :), try something what happens after one or two month play with totally random teams and I find out that current dungeons are too hard, too short more likely need old Spell plaague caaverns run - what takes time, need team and is doable.

Current eCC is fun to do with perfect teams or just pit poor Traven, both method are accepted if must run that content.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    dolrey said:

Here is the video from The Shores of Tuern with well equipped team. It takes FOUR minutes!! It was even without GF's buff [Into the fray].. Could you please do something with difficulty of dungeons and skirmishes?
    https://youtu.be/gLImaUr86dc

When I watch this video, I feel like I'm lagging in real life.
    Post edited by klangeddin on
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    wrong button
  • mamasandygmamasandyg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I can't believe how many people are complaining that the dungeons are too easy! I have over 100 Epic Dungeon keys sitting unused in my inventory because Epic Dungeons can't be completed by a queued party. That is ridiculous. I don't have the time, energy, or money to waste with a guild that requires an insane amount of participation or AD every month. I have responsibilities and this is my stress reliever. Can't there be at least one epic level dungeon that is able to be completed by a queued party?!?!?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I can't believe how many people are complaining that the dungeons are too easy! I have over 100 Epic Dungeon keys sitting unused in my inventory because Epic Dungeons can't be completed by a queued party. That is ridiculous. I don't have the time, energy, or money to waste with a guild that requires an insane amount of participation or AD every month. I have responsibilities and this is my stress reliever. Can't there be at least one epic level dungeon that is able to be completed by a queued party?!?!?

As @magenubbie said it isn't actually that difficult to get into a guild that can help you out. @ironzerg79 has unrepentant which as far as I am aware still has no requirements other than not being a horrible person (correct me if I am wrong) and the same is true of mercs (my guild). Furthermore, channels like legit exist:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/544112/nw-legit-community-channel-info-discussion
    Which are able to help you run dungeons. Struggling to run dungeons with random groups is a choice, its not the norm. I suggest either taking a look for one of those guilds, joining a friendly channel or both :) You will find that dungeons are not as challenging as random groups artificially make them.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

The average PuG is stupid. Plain and simple. They think that just because they can solo to 70, they know how to do dungeons. And this is most definitely NOT the case. For example: CWs using Repel and Ice Storm in dungeons and skirmishes should be rewarded with bonus injuries to their heads for not using them.

I still saw stupid people playing in the most stupid ways possible and even feel offended when you PM them with well-meant advise on how to improve their efficiency in parties. It's not something new. The only problem is that there are a lot of this type of players. Half of them not speaking English doesn't help either.

LOL so true!
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    dolrey said:

Ow

asterotg said:

As long as there is not an increased reward for the new tier.

I honestly don't like the idea overall because another way to do an already tired assed dungeon does not sound very exciting to me.

There should be better rewards, to compensate for the higher amount of time spent to finish the dungeons. When a T2 run is done in 10 minutes and a T2 HM run in 1 hour, the T2 HM run deserves better loot, than the T2 run.

Old dungeons could get interesting again, bc they would ask for tactic and teamplay instead of 'burn it down'. You would have to open the caskets in VT again, for example. I ran VT a few days ago and, as a joke, posted 'I take 12-3' in the party chat. One guy got it, one guy thought, I want to troll, and two party members did not even know, that there is (was) a mechanic for this bossfight.

Thank you for your comment :) In our server we also haven't destroying caskets for a long-long time :) There is just no need to do this :) It is much profitable to focus our damage on boss and complete it faster :)
    I'm actually trying to not forget there was indeed a mechanic in this fight.
    It's just "burn em all!!!" politics on each fight.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    kemi1984 said:

dolrey said:

Ow

asterotg said:

I honestly don't like the idea overall because another way to do an already tired assed dungeon does not sound very exciting to me.

There should be better rewards, to compensate for the higher amount of time spent to finish the dungeons. When a T2 run is done in 10 minutes and a T2 HM run in 1 hour, the T2 HM run deserves better loot, than the T2 run.

Old dungeons could get interesting again, bc they would ask for tactic and teamplay instead of 'burn it down'. You would have to open the caskets in VT again, for example. I ran VT a few days ago and, as a joke, posted 'I take 12-3' in the party chat. One guy got it, one guy thought, I want to troll, and two party members did not even know, that there is (was) a mechanic for this bossfight.

Thank you for your comment :) In our server we also haven't destroying caskets for a long-long time :) There is just no need to do this :) It is much profitable to focus our damage on boss and complete it faster :)
    @kemi1984 remember epic dread vault in mod 0-2? :p That boss fight had mechanics.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

kemi1984 said:

dolrey said:

Ow

asterotg said:

@kemi1984 remember epic dread vault in mod 0-2? :p That boss fight had mechanics.
    The only mechanic I remember is certain players thinking they are bunnies !
    micky1p00 said:

kemi1984 said:

dolrey said:

Ow

asterotg said:

The only mechanic I remember is certain players thinking they are bunnies !
    But I am! *sulks*
    metalldjt said:

well i like the new Castle never, i belive they made a wonderful thing with it, if they do what they've done with the other dungeons aswell and put proper rewards into them, that would be wonderful.

Really? I like CN too, but not the final boss...his bashing damage is just insane...or is this a boss where the tanks/meeles are sitting in the corner and wait for some trash/rifts/balls to kite?
    Any hint how you can avoid this insane incoming damage from orcus at GFs/Ops? (Besides things like steel defense..).
    Did our gf a bad job or is he wrong specced ( SM, 85% DR, 130k Life)? He gets 800k damage from orcus with his shild up...how can he avoid this?

P.S.: I saw the livestream with strum.......sry guys.....that was just lame....godmode? 1 Hit Endboss and than "Yeah we did it"???
    Srly?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    blinxon said:

metalldjt said:

well i like the new Castle never, i belive they made a wonderful thing with it, if they do what they've done with the other dungeons aswell and put proper rewards into them, that would be wonderful.

Really? I like CN too, but not the final boss...his bashing damage is just insane...or is this a boss where the tanks/meeles are sitting in the corner and wait for some trash/rifts/balls to kite?
    Any hint how you can avoid this insane incoming damage from orcus at GFs/Ops? (Besides things like steel defense..).
    Did our gf a bad job or is he wrong specced ( SM, 85% DR, 130k Life)? He gets 800k damage from orcus with his shild up...how can he avoid this?

P.S.: I saw the livestream with strum.......sry guys.....that was just lame....godmode? 1 Hit Endboss and than "Yeah we did it"???
    Srly?
    What ? I did CN at the last preview and we killed it so fast no one from the party even thought of dying.
    I did die from the green balls, following green shiny things doesn't always pays off.
    blinxon said:

metalldjt said:

Srly?
    I can probably solo Orcus on CW. Stand well out of melee range and cheese him from a distance.

I can probably solo Orcus on CW. Stand well out of melee range and cheese him from a distance.

This is excactly what i mean:
    I saw some Combat Logs with over 800k damage from orcus to GF or OP. With his bash...so tanks dying instantly. Orcus dont move a inch during the whole figh. So no melee need anymore in CN? Yeah....the good ole "LFM CN ONLY CWS PLZ" times coming back? Hurray...........
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited March 2016

kemi1984 said:

dolrey said:

Ow

asterotg said:

Yeah It had, and that's why it was interesting and difficult until people learned how to make it work.
    Now we do not need to think much, so that's that.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well I had high hopes for CN.
    But its very far from the old CN in difficulty and coordinating.
    Its better than elol/edemo farm but thats all.
    After we learn some hard points it will be pretty doable.

Its a shame too that its only 2000IL. And its only 3 bosses instead of 4 and lots of area was cut out.

My only reamining hope is the legendary dungeons for 3-3.5+ ppl.