What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ok i'm confused

2»

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I did wince when i saw the cambion magus urabask, but i am reasonably sure they got it when it was first released and thus didn't cost 12 mil. It's done though and poking them about it doesn't help :D

Here is my thinking on the rings. Of course it is possible to keep up stacks on a rising ring. What i am considering though is the ability of a low gear player to correctly balance their stats. If they do not have enough armor pen then what is the point of rising power? If you take a +4 rising power (over a personalized piercing) you gain an additional 756 power (1.89% damage boost) ) and lose 394 armor pen (4% damage boost). If you take a brutality you get an extra 3606 power (9% boost) for 8 seconds and then for the next 22 you lose 394 power, and you lose the 4% boost from armor pen as well. Also, brutality only gives it's boost for 8 seconds, low gear fights take a good deal longer then that so you end up fighting for most of the time with your brutality on cooldown, where as a rising ring at least has 100% uptime. If you can't actually make decent use of a brutality then i think there are better options.

losing 800 arp is worth 3.4 dark rank 7 enchants that you now need to work into your build somewhere instead of using azures for crit there.

I am trying to build for ease of balance here. Yes you can play with rising power and brutality and still maintain good levels of crit and armor pen, but it is simpler (in my opinion) to take static stat rings because then your output is consistent and you can concentrate on mechanics to increase DPS.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    lol Trust me i have never seen 12 mil AD the most i have ever had at one time is about 800k got him from some kind of speical they were having i guess not sure what i did to get him but there he was at the claim agent and i love his cinama
  • Options
    ok here it is correct me if i'm wrong Scathias! i have been playing this game with nothing but pure dum luck to get me what i have and were i am. goal is to become a good player
    step 1: get gear that is easy to use and can let me play in most content
    step 2: get some skill instead of devil may care, and start the gear inprovment prosses
    step 3: get better gear as skill level inproves and the main equipment becomes more powerful
    step 4: more fun for me playing the game and less hair pulling for others who have to play with me

I do belive that is were Scathias is taking me. teaching some things i should have learned long befor i got to this level.
    this i blam on me for not coming to the forum sooner, but better late than never. And thank you Scathias for your kindness
  • Options
    Ok sorry i'm in need of more enlightenment. I tryed to look this up on the search and came way scraching my head. Why on earth would you put EQ slots on the companions that can be upgraded as you level and get better gear, even let you place enchantments, Only to have them do nothing? They don't even change how the companion looks. So am i missing something? Or do i just get in line with a lot of others scraching their heads?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kevros62 said:

Ok sorry i'm in need of more enlightenment. I tryed to look this up on the search and came way scraching my head. Why on earth would you put EQ slots on the companions that can be upgraded as you level and get better gear, even let you place enchantments, Only to have them do nothing? They don't even change how the companion looks. So am i missing something? Or do i just get in line with a lot of others scraching their heads?

Which companion are you talking about?
    Summoned companion? They can fight and the stat from equipment and enchantment helps them.
    Augment companion? Their stat can be transferred to your main character.
    Idle companion? Well, they are not useful when they are idle but one may want to summon them out in the middle of the dungeon such as getting a tank pet instead of using augment. And, their equipment slot can be used as yet another storage slot to keep old stuff.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    It was my warlock i had put some better gear on her and saw nothing change in her tool tip, and that avenger gear is not cheep in the AD market. Too say the least i was not happy!! Then yesterday i got a r9 eldrich enchantment from a lock box and started playing with it. found when i equip or unequip gear my stats changed. so it would seem the only thing broke besides me is her tool tip, and i can live with that
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    in order to use the warlock pet to give you stats you need to use Bonding Runestone. these come in varieties from lesser (rank 7) to Rank 12. In order for a bonding runestone pet like the warlock to out perform an augment you need to use 3x Greater Bonding Runestone (which is a rank 9 version). 3 greater bondings cost about 1.1+ million AD to make.

If you can't afford greater bondings then it is more effective to spend 400k on a Ioun stone of allure pet and use that as your summoned pet since that gives you 100% of the stats you put on it all the time

the reason you saw a difference in your stats once you started using the eldritch runestone is because eldritch r9 in a defense slot gives your character 9.5% of the stats on your pet to your character automatically.
  • Options
    yes boss i was using 3 bonding stones. my issue was when i put some better gear on her i saw no change in her stats so i thought the gear was not working the eldrich showed he it was only the tool tip was not working and i put the bonding stone back on.
  • Options
    ah, ok. It wasn't clear what was happening :)
  • Options
    ya i probly need to b more careful on how i word my questions. B)
  • Options
    Well i managed to get all 3 of the lostmouth pieces and get them up to lvl 50+ upgraded my enchants from r6/7s to r8/9s.went ahead and spent the zen and picked up a ioun stone of allure. managed to get 3 of the 4 pieces of the drow gear and a pair of dusk boots. my end result is 47.6% crit / 64% arm pen and lost 6000 hit points. can survive in most content i've tryed but stile die like a fly in a bug zapper in demigorgan. trying to get enuff twisted to build the sword and knot only about 1/2 way to the sword. oh and while i'm at this what is up with that dwarf book? Anyway quite trying to get it for now! wasted too many keys on it. any ideas on armor or am i going in the right direction.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User
    Are you in a guild? Do you have Stronghold boon? What is your life steal?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    nevermind
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Power should be your main focus. Rings of Brutality and Rising Power are a must have. I am farming for them like crazy ATM.

Honestly, I had rings +4 of power and precision, but I didn't feel they were as good as solid stats from personal rings. I use the personal rings of regeneration for the additional 1600 hp I get (3200 combined) plus mount savages in the defensive slots for additional hit point and lifesteal.

Ring of power + twisted set rarely brought my power up more than another 2000--though I never checked it in a boss fight where it would have the biggest bang. I kept the twisted weapons.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

Power should be your main focus. Rings of Brutality and Rising Power are a must have. I am farming for them like crazy ATM.

Honestly, I had rings +4 of power and precision, but I didn't feel they were as good as solid stats from personal rings. I use the personal rings of regeneration for the additional 1600 hp I get (3200 combined) plus mount savages in the defensive slots for additional hit point and lifesteal.

Ring of power + twisted set rarely brought my power up more than another 2000--though I never checked it in a boss fight where it would have the biggest bang. I kept the twisted weapons.
    Thats weird, i almost always have 24 bloodlust from twisted, and stacks does not reset after leaving combat, only when u change map. So in one instanec u should be always able to keep up 20-24 stacks of bloodlust. For gwf it actually has "biggest bang" on pulls not bosses, since u r going to smash mobs with WMS + LR.

Needless to say im adhd gwf and im usually first on pulls, and in places like t1/t2 i run as often without tank as with tank.

That said, i rly cant imagine situation where it would be hard to get maxed stack of rings/twisted in top 2s.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    i,m stile working on the twisted weopons. changed the drow plate armor for dusk to increase crit.and started paying attention to were i'm standing more those 2 alone have helped me move from #1 living dead down to about #3 B) I can't tell you what lifesteal is have not been looking. focused on power,crit, and arm pen. oh ya and i finaly moved my pleage fire and added a vorpl enchant when crit incresed to 50% with the dusk armor and ioun stone. not to sure i see a differance in kill time. but i do beleave once i get it to greater or above that will change. And as far as those new rings go i got to get one above + 3 to drop first :'( . Right now i think the stats i would lose in wearing one would do more harm than good. I know i have come a long way sence i started this post but i also know i'm only about 1/2 way there.
  • Options
    You mentioned above about wasting keys. Were you aware that you can decline the chest? That way you can save having to use a key if you do not like the contents of the chest.
  • Options
    yes i am. mostly i'm talking about the gold runs i spent keys on in the dwarf runs got a lot of + 2 and +3 rings but no book. then i found out that on madness would unlock the 4th boon a book i now have 2 extras of B) And i'm not so sure the last boon is all that of course that will depend on the content of mod 9. At this time i have all the boons from dread ring and shandazr. working on the 3rd boon in ToD. As well as the 4 boons in underdark. in truth i have quit looking for the dwarf book and spend my keys in silver-gold runs in epic demagorgan with any luck i'll have the sword buy monday