What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• Options
    tupac#9074 tupac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

Of course !! they need to do something about it!!
    and it is good so,

OMG guys be realistic and serious!!

" a 100% Chance just for 75 Bars" This just ridiculous cheap... make no sense. "be realistic"
    its why the auctionhouse was Overflowed with this items.
    the value of wards was basically zero.

what kind of game give you a 100% chance just for free,
    there's no one beside single or private servers.

Stop your flame/crying for nothing.. or keep hating if u want but nothing will change.
    There's tons of player that never used tradebars and they are fine with that.

are you freakin kidding me ?
    are you serious?
    and then 1 percent on enchancments on armor and weapons
    is ridiculous also , but we dont say anything about it
    because we had the coal wards
    now imagine a new player with green artifacts and lesser enchncments.
    Artifacts need 5 coal wards 5x300
    Lesser ench , this is the worst
    imagine how much you need to take an ench to Trasc
    because you will need to buy other enchancments to upgrade also
    and more wards
    jesus this is ridiculous
  • Options
    revwillwrightrevwillwright Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Cryptic, the spell of whiling away my life on Neverwinter is broken. I have now regained control over my free time, and aim to be more contsructive and creative.

Thank you for facilitating this escape from excessive MMO usage, by removing the feasability of increasing my gear score by having to choose food, rent and fuel over refinement.

I salute you for your care and compassion towards my well being
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    agatagdr said:

metalldjt said:

you forgot to remove these items aswell .

Well, you know, only some items cause confusion by being both on zen and trade bars store...
    Give them time.
  • Options
    nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    I guess everyone is going to start upgrading gear for only one toon since it's way to expensive. Going to be expensive just to upgrade equipment one toon for the new players. Luckily my other toons have been collecting coalescent wards for my one toon since the start of the game.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    sabre10 said:

Scrolls of mass life and Stones of Health remaining in both Tarm Bar Store and Zen Store following this patch reinforces that this move has nothing to do with "Confusion". You can't even be consistent in your dishonesty

Maybe what they meant is that someone would look at the price of $10 for one Coal Ward and be confused as to why any sane player would like it.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    healary said:

Cryptic has announced the Trade Bar change weeks ago and those who had no problem paying for it weeks ago should have no problem now. They never "induced" anybody to buy the lockbox keys. The announcement is obvious.

I keep hearing this. Was it announced in a public place?? Was it audible to more than 50 people??? Could you provide a link?????

They sold us a year's worth of VIP months ago, which includes a lockbox key every day. The key, and its access to coal wards, were what prompted many of us to bother.
  • Options
    fuelstormfuelstorm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    same here no more lockboxs for me .good work cryptic
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    @morenthar Thank you.
  • Options
    gluggogluggo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    at first I was thinking "meh", the news was out there a week ago, I heard it in several of the channels I belong to, but Santralafax brought up a good point I hadn't thought of, some people bought a year's worth of VIP. I buy it by the month, so hadn't thought of that angle.

With that in mind, I have to agree with Santralafax. It really is not fair to those who purchased VIP for more than a month into the future.

• Options
    revwillwrightrevwillwright Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have initiated a refund claim of my last Paypal purchase of ZEN due to this change in service
  • Options
    acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I only have an hour or so a day to play, and had been saving up resources for a transcendent vorpal for 2 months. Now the prices of the materials will make me grind for at least another month when I was ready to pull the trigger this weekend. Unbelievably disappointing after so much work.

I have a 3 month VIP ending this month that I was considering renewing. Mmmm... no. Cryptic should have run some focus groups on this one. There must have been other ways to both make $$$ and increase value for players.
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

regenerde said:

healary said:

regenerde said:

If you go into that restaurant and buy a burger, starts eating it, but suddenly the waiter comes around, and yanks the meat from it... you actually have the right to complain, and demand some kind of compensation.

Pretty much the same is happening here right now.

And they can write a lot into their EULA, but they still have to follow certain laws that exists for buyer/seller... this ain't the Wild West.
    Besides, take a look at what is happening on the Xbox side with MS refunding the players... so much for the EULA.

Sure, if you complain at the time when the waiter takes away your burger, not several weeks later.

Read it again, i didn't write the waiter is taking away the burger, i wrote the waiter took away the meat...

Or if you want to play the "time" card, imagine a restaurant where you pay for your daily burger in advance for a full month, and they suddenly remove the meat from it. And they then offer you as a onetime "compensation" a few fried chicken wings.
    The restaurant can do that if they let the customers know "after mm/dd/yy, all the burgers we serve will come with no meat". If you still preorder the meatless burger which you will get after mm/dd/yy, then of course it is your choice.
    And now if you listen closely, folks, you can hear the sounds of goalposts being shifted and detect the faint smell of red herrings...
    Yes, you heard your own goalpost being shifted. Cryptic has announced the Trade Bar change weeks ago and those who had no problem paying for it weeks ago should have no problem now. They never "induced" anybody to buy the lockbox keys. The announcement is obvious. In fact, most games have been making changes every week or month without any announcement at all. If you think you are "induced" to pay to play any game, the entire world has been induced to pay by games such as WoW. The fact is, they don't have to ask your permission to make any game feature changes. They don't even have to announce it in advance. In a subscription based game like WoW, you may have an extremely weak argument that you are induced to pay $15 a month for things you don't expect to see in the next WoW update but in a purely free-to-play game, payment is purely voluntary and the game world is totally free to access. You can try and see before you pay.
    And where did I say that I purchased VIP after the announcement was made*? Where did he say it? You see, folks, this is classic obfuscation and red herring, flavored with a bit of a strawman. Our friend here is bringing up a false modifier (that I claimed to have purchased VIP after this announcement was made, which I never claimed to have) in an attempt to tear down an argument I never made. And again, your ignorance of the way the legal system actually works is borderline appalling. Do you even know what inducement means? Are you familiar with the term bait and switch? Or are you simply going to shift the goal posts again?

Oh, and I cannot help but notice that you continue to ignore the X-Box-1 situation.

*Also, I'm calling you out on this. Can you present to us where the "Weeks ago" announcement was made? Because the first official notice that I and hundreds of others have is this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9798173

Note that date? February 18? That was yesterday.

The X-BOx-1?
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1211888/trade-bar-store-changes-on-xbox-one
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/10/neverwinter-trade-bar-store-bait-and-switch-causes-community-stir/

February 9.

So please, show me a weeks old article announcing changes for the P.C. Ideally posted in a place and manner where the P.C. Users would have actually seen it ala Notice of Publication or the like.
    Actually I do not know exactly when the official news came out but players have been talking about it on chat channel last month. I am not sure if they got it from Preview or somebody else.

So if you have not purchased keys you are not affected by this change. For those who got the news on Feb. 9, if not earlier, still had 11 days to react in game and voice their opinions in the forum. It did not just happen overnight. Patches normally come weekly. If this is some change they have to complain, they can complain on ANY WEEKLY CHANGE such as, but not limited to, the ever changing class/race powers. I have heard players quitting every couple of weeks when their favorite class/race is "nerfed" after the patch but these players never leave the game. They just keep complaining.
    Translation: "I actually have no proof that it was put up weeks ago. But it was because I say so."

• Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    just put 200 trade bar Coal ward bind on account back that gets a vip 2 coal around every 3 months. the change now is to harsh. and not the correct business model. the people who want it now will still spend the zen same as always
  • Options
    uncathedragonuncathedragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    wvalient said:

Alright so let me have this all sink in after playing for 3 years.
    Cryptic's answer to what they call is a " failing AD economy" is to take away the one item that gave players the ability to feel progression in their gear past hitting level 70.
    I'm going to be completely transparent here. I bought VIP because I knew that a key a day meant trade bars, and trade bars meant coal wards that I could either invest into my own enchantment or into the Auction House to gather AD to work towards improving professions, or gear, or even just some random vanity cosmetic items. I knew that at the end of the day that even if those lockboxes gave me terrible drop after terrible drop I could still have a coal ward in about a week to progress my characters.
    So why buy VIP or keys now? Why shell out $1.35 USD per key when obviously we will never make back a fraction of that back? They nerfed the drop rate from lockboxes first, and now have taken the only safety net prize you could get in the end to further your account. Why did they think this was going to be a good idea for their zen sales? If people weren't buying Coal wards before they won't be now especially at a price tag of $10 USD per ward. I mean let's do some math here...

1 trans takes 2 perfects which takes 4 greaters which takes 8 normal which takes 16 lessers which takes 64 shards that is 31 coal wards. Cryptic that is $310 USD for a single max level enchantment via your zen market. Are you JOKING! This is the kind of thing you see when someone makes FUN OF THE P2W system not implemented as a practice!

I sincerely hope you reconsider this as an action. Nerfing the drop rate of the chests is one thing. I can handle not gambling a whole ton as I don't have a problem and I only do stuff with decent calculated odds ( hence why I bought VIP instead of buying the keys outright). However charging a player $620 USD to have 2 fully upgraded enchantments on ONE CHARACTER is just stupid.

I have said to my gf before that I felt like we were in a carney here sometimes. "you could win" x (mind you that would require sacrificing a virgin, and they're getting to be like unicorns, but I digress) has become the norm. Flooded zone feeds by idiots preying on the foolish has become the norm. Informing the authorities gets you nowhere (reasons are legion). Now nerfing the boxes and the like? I had banned FTP from my house because of this kind of HAMSTER. I will be glad when gamers are no longer looked at like marks.

Will I keep playing? For now. Kill the VIP program?

Asta la vista, baby.
  • Options
    shewolflitashewolflita Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I NEVER bought Coal wards from the Zen market before and I will not do so now! Ridonkulous are your claims of confusion being created. No one playing is confused, you went back on a promise you made because we werent buying from market and it hit your bottom line. I think the confusion rests there with you all thinking that people will be strong-armed into buying a product. I feel happy leaving my Weapons and Artifacts right where they are, purple and no upgrades. I will continure to log on, invoke and not buy anymore VIP if the current state stays as is. Maybe after a few months doing so and playing here and there to pull myself outta daily boredom I will have amassed a wealth of AD to buy from the AH. I would rather spend my monies to further another player than be backed into giving you one more red cent. I'll be prayin for y'all!!
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Since you've made it more than apparent you've no idea how an economy functions or what drives (and kills) it. I've decided to post a very simplified explanation in the hopes some of it sinks in before you've completely ruined what's left of the in game economy.

The two basic main things to understand about the in game economy, is Supply and Demand. And how changing one of these, directly effects the other. The more drastic the change to one, the more drastic the effects will be to the other. Also, a single change can cause several and catastrophic effects (this is where Cryptic fits into the picture). Cause and Effect, just like you learned in the Matrix.

So let's analyse the change you've made and review the effects it will have.
    Cause: Removing Coal and Pres Wards from the Trade Bar Merchant.

This single change can be expected to cause the following changes...
    Effect: This effectively removes the ability for 99% of the player base to obtain these items in the future. The only exceptions being the very few willing (and foolish) enough to spend $10 for a single item that, alone, makes almost no difference to their character. It's only in bulk (40+) where true change can realistically be expected, thus meaning a cash output of $400 or greater. Expect the wards currently existing on the Auction House to disappear quickly as players realise it's their last realistic opportunity to obtain them. Additionally, those players with a glut of wards, will be tempted to sell them on the Auction House - at inflated prices, of course.
    Effect: Since the ability to refine their own enchantments/runestones has all but been removed, the demand for pre-refined enchantments/runestones will sky rocket. Expect prices of these items to quadruple (or more) very rapidly, and to remain at those inflated prices for as long as the demand for them exists.
    Effect: It has now become even more attractive to players that run bots farming AD to do so. So an increase in both existing bots farming dungeons, and players willing to run such bots can be expected.
    Effect: Website spamming bots now have an additional valuable item to advertise to the player base. This will encourage them to advertise their websites more vigorously, thus increasing the already insane amount of spam that pollutes the game servers every day. The number of players willing to make use of these websites, in order to obtain items they can't otherwise obtain, will increase.
    Effect: The class division between the HAVES and the HAVE NOTS has been significantly increased, and the number of players willing or able to make the transition has been significantly decreased, with the introduction of yet another huge obstacle.
    Effect: The community, as a whole, is disheartened and feeling victimised. This greatly discourages the purchase of Zen, or their willingness to recommend this game to their friends, as well as serving to drive away existing players. Thus reducing both the game's income and player base in the foreseeable future.

As you can see, this single change can be expected to cause a number of effects. Now, if these effects were your goals, then kudos on a job well done... mission accomplished! And yet Andy posts how they want to see the economy thrive... but Andy (and there's no nice way to put this), you're full of it and the community knows it. We understand exactly what was done, and why.... it is nothing more than a method to try to increase Zen sales, a blatant cash grab at it's very finest. It will not only NOT help the in game economy, it can be expected to have devastating and even catastrophic effects on the economy.

Sure, you could try to convince us otherwise... but when you make a public promise to your community, and then completely renege on that promise... you can't seriously expect your credibility with your community to be anything other than what it is right now... zero.
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User

You've missed one point:
    Reason:: Too many people were buying ViP with AD, which hurt the publisher's profits too much.

This is part of the cash-grab. Trying to force people to buy Zen by making items unavailable by any other source. VIP is now next to useless... while it offers some very minor conveniences, it most certainly is no longer worth the cost to buy it. This will, of course, adversely effect future sales of VIP's.
This discussion has been closed.