What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    wvalient said:

Cryptic's answer to what they call is a " failing AD economy" is to take away the one item that gave players the ability to feel progression in their gear past hitting level 70....charging a player $620 USD to have 2 fully upgraded enchantments on ONE CHARACTER is just stupid.

Justification for our righteous anger right there. In a nutshell.

• Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

It makes me laugh when some players don't realize free items are free and their money is theirs. They are two different things. I have no problem taking the free items and not spending my money. Although I don't play this game much, let alone paying for it since Stronghold as I have warned this kind of elite guild approach will fail the game in a short time, I have no problem taking the free items which I won't even hand out to players if I were the owner of the game. They made the announcement a long time ago, no catch there. Fair and square. It is your money and your time. If you didn't want to play. You could have done that long ago. Those who paid since then and did not complain until today have no excuse at all.

Suppose you dined in a restaurant a month ago and today you have decided you did not like the food and asked for your money back today, do you realize think the REAL Court of Law won't throw you out of their window? ROFL!!!! Good luck with that. Just ROFL!!!!

Your ignorance of the legal system and logic annoys me. You're comparing apples to oranges. This isn't me demanding my money back at a restaurant a month after eating there, this is me paying a contractor to complete a job, and him deciding part way through that he's changing the terms of the contract and not rendering the service that was agreed upon. I advise you familiarize yourself with fraud in the inducement.
    You are the ignorance one if you don't realize Cryptic is the producer and you are the consumer. You don't offer Cryptic a contract. They are solely owned and paid by Perfect World. They are no contractor to YOU. As a consumer and and end user, you agreed to their EULA and they decide what features they put in the game.
    Contracts are not always unilateral. EULA can be waived if deemed unconscionable. Or do you think for example, me entering into a contract to have a home built, paying them, and the producer deciding to alter my house after he has my money and give me something decidedly different and lower in quality than what I bargained for would result in a judge or jury going "sorry, can't help you." Especially if it can be demonstrated that the material change was a critical element of the bargained for exchange, i.e. but for said original state/bargain, you would not have entered into the contract in the first place (in this case, many VIPers, myself included, making it clear that the reason we entered into VIP in the first place was the promise that the wards were not being removed from the store and that we would be able to purchase wards with our tradebars). That's a classic fraud in the inducement. There's a reason X-Box-1 users are getting their money back.

Not that such a suit would be viable here. Not so much because it lacks merit, but because any filing fees would be several times the cost of the breach, and while in theory, a judge can aware you costs and fees, they are notoriously fickle on doing so, and it's not something you want to bank on.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

It makes me laugh when some players don't realize free items are free and their money is theirs. They are two different things. I have no problem taking the free items and not spending my money. Although I don't play this game much, let alone paying for it since Stronghold as I have warned this kind of elite guild approach will fail the game in a short time, I have no problem taking the free items which I won't even hand out to players if I were the owner of the game. They made the announcement a long time ago, no catch there. Fair and square. It is your money and your time. If you didn't want to play. You could have done that long ago. Those who paid since then and did not complain until today have no excuse at all.

Suppose you dined in a restaurant a month ago and today you have decided you did not like the food and asked for your money back today, do you realize think the REAL Court of Law won't throw you out of their window? ROFL!!!! Good luck with that. Just ROFL!!!!

Your ignorance of the legal system and logic annoys me. You're comparing apples to oranges. This isn't me demanding my money back at a restaurant a month after eating there, this is me paying a contractor to complete a job, and him deciding part way through that he's changing the terms of the contract and not rendering the service that was agreed upon. I advise you familiarize yourself with fraud in the inducement.
    You are the ignorance one if you don't realize Cryptic is the producer and you are the consumer. You don't offer Cryptic a contract. They are solely owned and paid by Perfect World. They are no contractor to YOU. As a consumer and and end user, you agreed to their EULA and they decide what features they put in the game.
    Contracts are not always unilateral. EULA can be waived if deemed unconscionable. Or do you think for example, me entering into a contract to have a home built, paying them, and the producer deciding to alter my house after he has my money and give me something decidedly different and lower in quality than what I bargained for would result in a judge or jury going "sorry, can't help you." Especially if it can be demonstrated that the material change was a critical element of the bargained for exchange, i.e. but for said original state/bargain, you would not have entered into the contract in the first place (in this case, many VIPers, myself included, making it clear that the reason we entered into VIP in the first place was the promise that the wards were not being removed from the store and that we would be able to purchase wards with our tradebars). That's a classic fraud in the inducement. There's a reason X-Box-1 users are getting their money back.

Not that such a suit would be viable here. Not so much because it lacks merit, but because any filing fees would be several times the cost of the breach, and while in theory, a judge can aware you costs and fees, they are notoriously fickle on doing so, and it's not something you want to bank on.
    A contract is a contract and YOU DO NOT HIRE CRYPTIC TO MAKE A GAME. Just ask any Cryptic employee who cut their checks please. I am sure the only ones, if there are any, who say Aractech pays them are the ones who will be shown the door next.
  • Options
    zenbarrrizenbarrri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I believed in support, believe me I have spent my share over the three plus years and I also spent for a year of Level 12 VIP UPFRONT. Since then, the TB's were the only thing of "value" I received back. Maybe a couple purple resources for professions but thats it, nothing else at all "worth" anything of use to help my character improve itself or its gear has dropped in 4 months of opening box's, nothing. Now, when I say "VALUE" and "WORTH" when it comes down to it, it means NOTHING because in the end NOTHING tangible will actually be owned by any of us. So no matter what Cryptic wants to call it f2p / p2p, no changes will ever mean anything except for their pockets because nothing we are receiving from these changes is really benefiting the average player unless they are spending thousands of dollars just to have the best. Wish I was that cash liquid. And I think that is the most important thing WE as players have forgotten. For all the money being spent by all the players, nothing is truly being owned, except US by Cryptic.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User

I still have about 80-90 days left on my VIP, and honestly, this is the first time I have thought about asking
    for a refund (which I would never get anyway).

It doesn't hurt to ask for a refund. Microsoft is refunding XBox VIP users that file complaints and make a reasonable case for their argument. Cryptic REALLY screwed up here. It took me awhile but I adapted to the AD change, but I did. There is no adapting to this. No work around. If I want a rank 12 enchant now, I have to pay $310 for it. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    throsbi said:

throsbi said:

I dont see this as game changing or ending. It was posted days/weeks ago took this long to get outraged..........

'Most Anticipated MMORPGs of 2016" you do realize EQNext is on that list, i think its on the list every year lol......anyway if everyone is to leave when its released NWO will be here for a very long time..........hahahha :o

may have been posted weeks ago, but to bother coming on a regular basis to sift through all the drivel is basically for those who have no life an do nothing but play a game an sit online in forums, most people have lives an when they have time they play a video game for some fun, they arent no life people who track what some video game is about to s crew them over with.
    hey your right I have no life. To be totally honest here i had a great one, very successful business owner, nice place in the country with a pond a couple hours outside the metro. Than one day at the docs office I was diagnosed with MND/ALS and given 2-5 years to live. So yes I spend my days playing games, why because I am stuck in a power chair and thats about all thats left. Maybe you should try to keep on topic and not so quick to judge others. Have a good one and hope nothing like this every happens to anyone.

EDIT: magenubbie gets it!!!!!!!!!!
    If you passed his post just above this, go back up and read it!
    I'm sorry to hear about your illness. My wife was diagnosed in 2011 and passed in 2013.
  • Options
    healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

A contract is a contract and YOU DO NOT HIRE CRYPTIC TO MAKE A GAME. Just ask any Cryptic employee who cut their checks please. I am sure the only ones, if there are any, who say Aractech pays them are the ones who will be shown the door next.
    I suppose this is a disadvantage to being a legal field employee. You forget that not everyone has your understanding. I'll make this quick and dirty as I have to run an errand.

A contract is a voluntary binding agreement between two parties. Any service transaction is a form of contract. When I buy a burger, that is in fact, a form of contract. I am paying the establishment money in return for a service. Food in that case. IN this case, the contract is some-what multistep. The first was money in exchange for a product (Zen). In this sense, Cryptic and I have both fulfilled our contract. I provided money. They provided Zen. The catch comes in the second aspect of the contract. Where I used the product that I had purchased from them for a service within their game, namely, VIP. I was lead to use this for VIP because of their previously stated assurances that wards would not be removed from the tradebar store (there are threads on this, posts, screenshots, etc) so it cannot be denied. After relying on said assurances, I then transfered my product, Zen that I owned now that I had purchased to them, for the VIP service, again, with the assurance that this is the way that things would be. Then a material change occurred, and their claims were proven hollow, and the reason I entered into the second step of the contract was removed. From there, again, see previous posts and exhibit A, X-Box-1 users getting refunds because Microsoft looked at the situation and concluded that they'd been mislead and would not have purchased the VIP but for the Wards.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    What starts to become game breaking is the trajectory of their decisions. Look at this one, toss in the "modified" CN and choice to "tune" epic dungeons to levelling dungeons (after a year of absence!) This all follows the LS nerf which they spent *months* watching the data from. The LS nerf came about shortly after Mod 6 was finally getting put behind us.

Either they are purposefully winnowing users or they are incompetent. Honestly.
  • Options
    littletalllittletall Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    l0th4ri0 said:

As I understand it, Microsoft is having to refund a ton of people for the XBox that are complaining that they paid for VIP and are no longer getting what they paid for due to this change.

That is 100% true. There's a whole red post about it that's miles long. Everyone who made a civilized case to MS was reimbursed.
    LOL I am so glad I didn't get VIP. You poor HAMSTER who did... damn that sucks. You know you ain't gettin your money back on PC.

My plan now is to play whenever I feel like it, not pay any kind of money to help support the game, and generally drain the resources of the servers by my presence without giving even the slightest percentage of a HAMSTER about if Cryptic deserves monetary support or not.

The answer is no.

So play the game, guys... play the hell out of it! And don't give them a penny. I'm looking forward to leveling a brand new TR when the leveling dungeons hit live. I might even solo them -- I don't know. But I do know that Cryptic ain't gettin anything outta me for any game ever again.

PS I promise to have lots of fun while leveling my new TR. I'm not gonna give a HAMSTER about the ZAX, the zen store, prices on the AH for anything, or logging in enough to invoke every day. Hell I'm not even gonna try to report spammers anymore. It will be freeing, cathartic, and lovely in every respect.

For me. Not for Cryptic. I represent the exact opposite of their ideal customer now. I will use their server bandwidth and not contribute a dime to upkeep. I represent a loss to them, and together with the rest of the F2p Leech community we promise to help drive Cryptic out of business while angrily demanding new leveling PVE content that we will play and not pay for.

See? Now I'm smiling again. :wink:
    THIS!

This is my plan too. Before I was always worrying about having to farm more AD to improve my char... now I know its impossible so I can stop worrying. I did buy a month of VIP some time ago, to help me improve.... well that's never happening again. I will continue to play for free, progress however far I can for free, and do whatever else there is fun to do (not much these days). When it stops being fun, I will not log in anymore, certainly not for the ridiculously tedious chore of invoking. Its not like I dont have enough other, better games to play.

Cryptic or whoever runs the game nowadays, absolutely doesnt deserve any more money. Selling stuff, even ridicoulosly overpriced stuff is ok. I know they have to make money, and as long as its clear in advance what you get for your money, I dont mind. Every person can then decide if they're willing to pay that much or not. But when you advertise someting for a certain price, then take those things away after people have paid, then that's a serious problem. You cant imagine someone getting away with this in RL. Like, you book a stay at a hotel for 6 months and you pay in advance. Then 2 weeks after your arrival, the manager comes into your room and takes away your bed, table, tv and closets. He leaves the pretty colorful curtains though. Anyone in that situation would leave, demand they return the money, and sue their asses off if they refused. If they did this to every customer, they would be out of business the next week.
    But here, no such thing will happen. Nobody will get their money back and we cant sue them. Pretty much the only thing we can do is not give them any more money. Every thing they've done so far is to squeeze and cheat us out of more money. Do not fall for it. Especially with the new mod and new flashy enchants and mounts and stuff. I know some people will leave over this, but for those that decide to stay: for the love of god, stop giving them more money. Stop immediately and indefinitely. Seriously, if you're P/O about this change, do something, but not just something, do the one thing that will register on their radar. They dont care about what you want, they dont care about how you feel, they most certainly do not read these forums, because as long as the money flows in they dont have to care about anything else....

STOP THE MONEY!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

If I want a rank 12 enchant now, I have to pay $310 for it. Ridiculous.

A rank 12 enchant (azure, etc?) or a transcendent armor/weapon enchant?

You don't need coal wards for the former, until maybe the last few steps if you don't feel like playing RNG bingo.

And if you wait until the market settles down and we see what's coming up in lockboxes, it's been possible for a very long time to make most enchants far less expensively by starting from normal (because lockboxes). That is three wards to make a perfect. Starting from shards is for suckers. Don't be a sucker.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

What starts to become game breaking is the trajectory of their decisions. Look at this one, toss in the "modified" CN and choice to "tune" epic dungeons to levelling dungeons (after a year of absence!) This all follows the LS nerf which they spent *months* watching the data from. The LS nerf came about shortly after Mod 6 was finally getting put behind us.

Either they are purposefully winnowing users or they are incompetent. Honestly.

Those two options are not mutually exclusive. :p

Generally speaking, I try not to attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence, but after all these events, I really do have to wonder.
  • Options
    artifice0artifice0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Dear Cryptic

I am a huge fan of your game Neverwinter. The single player campaign is robust and colorful and at moments even surprising and amusing. The PvP experience is robust and your Stronghold release made that more impact-full for all players, not just the die hard pvpers. When you implemented the change in level cap and brought out elemental evil i though you had ruined something awesome, but i had faith and with time it paid off. You brought the broken elements back into line and made the game enjoyable challenging and playable again. Introducing VIP was also a great addition, those of us that enjoy the game can pay a nominal fee monthly and give you the support you need to continue developing a great game. Revamping the trade bar store to reward your paying customers was also a fantastic move. You showed us that you appreciate that we spend our hard earned dollars to support you.
    Now today i do not feel very appreciated. From the other posts in this forum that i have read so far I think its fair to say that not many other players are on board with your decision.In all fairness it is truly difficult to balance a dual economy game with AD and Zen markets. Then you introduced a third in the form or tarmalune trade bars and a seperate store for it. I am telling you now, that is why i bought VIP. You were offering me something that was worth my money. You sold me on something certain. That by buying VIP and opening a box a day I might be able to get something nice but i would definitely get something i can use (tradebars).
    I started playing my DC just over a year ago. After maxing him at 60 i started CW and TR then i bought more slots and started a GWF . I bought more slots and started a HR an SW a GF and a paladin and i have one character slot left for what may come in the future. My DC,CW,TR,GWF and HR are now all level 70. None of them have the uber gear or legendary equipment that many people have out there but i still enjoy playing.
    I hope you are putting those coal and preservation wards back into the game somewhere else and actually adjusting the economy and not just pulling them to make players pay more for something you essentially promised paying customers. I am a paying customer and i am distinctly unsatisfied. and i am not alone
  • Options
    aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

I suppose this is a disadvantage to being a legal field employee. You forget that not everyone has your understanding. I'll make this quick and dirty as I have to run an errand.

A contract is a voluntary binding agreement between two parties. Any service transaction is a form of contract. When I buy a burger, that is in fact, a form of contract. I am paying the establishment money in return for a service. Food in that case. IN this case, the contract is some-what multistep. The first was money in exchange for a product (Zen). In this sense, Cryptic and I have both fulfilled our contract. I provided money. They provided Zen. The catch comes in the second aspect of the contract. Where I used the product that I had purchased from them for a service within their game, namely, VIP. I was lead to use this for VIP because of their previously stated assurances that wards would not be removed from the tradebar store (there are threads on this, posts, screenshots, etc) so it cannot be denied. After relying on said assurances, I then transfered my product, Zen that I owned now that I had purchased to them, for the VIP service, again, with the assurance that this is the way that things would be. Then a material change occurred, and their claims were proven hollow, and the reason I entered into the second step of the contract was removed. From there, again, see previous posts and exhibit A, X-Box-1 users getting refunds because Microsoft looked at the situation and concluded that they'd been mislead and would not have purchased the VIP but for the Wards.
    First, ALL of what you wrote did not make Cryptic or any Cryptic employee a contractor to YOU or any player. They don't do what you ask for, and should under no circumstances to do so, if it is not what their real empolyer asked them to.

Second, players don't own any material in the game world per the game's EULA. They may have purchased Zen with real money but that money only allows them to use the virtual facilities in a virtual world we called Neverwinter Online. What they paid for is the ability to use any virtual properties in the game, which is still 100% owned by the game developer, i.e., Cryptic in this context.

Third, per the EULA, the game developer has the rights to change any features in the game at their discretion.

Fourth, when you are sold the VIP package, you are only given a certain number of Trade Bars, but you are not promised whatever virtual content. It is similar to the sale of Zen. When you buy Zen, you are only given a form of virtual currency that you use to acquire services in the game. There is no fixture on what services are provided in the game or how many AD can a Zen be exchanged for.

In a nutshell, in an online game/virtual world, the game developer is under no circumstances offered a contract by the players. The developer owns 100% of every single virtue feature/item in the game and has 100% control on what to offer at any time. It is like when you go into a restaurant, you don't dictate what food the restaurant offers, what cooks it hires and how the place is decorated. They do have to offer you a menu and show prices of the goods but it is up to you to dine there or not. If you are given a McDonald's coupon and try to order a medium rare lobster burger on a taco shell made with 50% rice and 50% wheat, sorry, you may be out of luck even though you have a coupon. It is really simple. When Happy Meal is on the menu and you are happy to have the meal, you pay and eat. Otherwise, you are just in the wrong place and you have the right to go elsewhere. But if you eat, then you pay. You can't complain several weeks later.
  • Options
    zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    When you took over the developer team you said you would listen more to the community.
    I came back after a lengthy time off because you actually corrected the game.
    Now you have broken it, more than any other team of developers since game conception, regarding anything, ever.
    This doesnt even compare to the leadership AD nerf.
    What is actually wrong with you.
    NOBODY and i mean NOBODY with even 1/10 of a brain is going to spend $10 on a coal ward. You should have left them at 200 bars and never, ever touched them.
    I can literally see the people walking away.
    Well done team. Seriously. No sarcasm.
  • Options
    healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

First, ALL of what you wrote did not make Cryptic or any Cryptic employee a contractor to YOU or any player. They don't do what you ask for, and should under no circumstances to do so, if it is not what their real empolyer asked them to.

Second, players don't own any material in the game world per the game's EULA. They may have purchased Zen with real money but that money only allows them to use the virtual facilities in a virtual world we called Neverwinter Online. What they paid for is the ability to use any virtual properties in the game, which is still 100% owned by the game developer, i.e., Cryptic in this context.

Third, per the EULA, the game developer has the rights to change any features in the game at their discretion.

Fourth, when you are sold the VIP package, you are only given a certain number of Trade Bars, but you are not promised whatever virtual content. It is similar to the sale of Zen. When you buy Zen, you are only given a form of virtual currency that you use to acquire services in the game. There is no fixture on what services are provided in the game or how many AD can a Zen be exchanged for.

In a nutshell, in an online game/virtual world, the game developer is under no circumstances offered a contract by the players. The developer owns 100% of every single virtue feature/item in the game and has 100% control on what to offer at any time. It is like when you go into a restaurant, you don't dictate what food the restaurant offers, what cooks it hires and how the place is decorated. They do have to offer you a menu and show prices of the goods but it is up to you to dine there or not. If you are given a McDonald's coupon and try to order a medium rare lobster burger on a taco shell made with 50% rice and 50% wheat, sorry, you may be out of luck even though you have a coupon. It is really simple. When Happy Meal is on the menu and you are happy to have the meal, you pay and eat. Otherwise, you are just in the wrong place and you have the right to go elsewhere. But if you eat, then you pay. You can't complain several weeks later.
    I never claimed that Cryptic was an employee of mine. I used the contractor as an example. Cryptic, is, however, a party to a contract in this case. Point 2, see the inducement. Third, again, EULA's are not iron clad they've been tossed out in numerous cases. Such elements of contracts being cast aside as inequitable, unconscionable, etc. are commonplace, particularly if you want to go an equity route (see, more mortgages than I'd care to recall that have an arbitration agreement in it that is promptly ignored/disregarded when it comes time for a lawsuit).

4th, I'm not given any tradebars as part of the agreement. They come from the boxes. But again, the inducement. You're not understanding that. If a party is induced into an agreement by deception, misrepresentation, or the like, in this case, they agreed to purchase a VIP service with an understanding that the situation will be X, Y, and Z, based on assurances by individuals acting in the capacity of officially representing Cryptic, and then that service is changed after Cryptic has their money, that is potentially F.I.T.D. See again, the reason why Microsoft has decided to refund X-Box-1 users. Because they have looked at the situation and concluded that those users were mislead and are entitled to have their money refunded.

You're again comparing apples to oranges. This is not a restaurant. I am not using a coupon for a product not offered. This is, far more appropriately, me ordering a Big Mac meal at McDonalds and paying for it with the understanding that I will receive a Big Mac, Fries, and a drink, and then, after giving my money to McDonalds, McDonalds then turns around and gives me fries and a drink, when the primary reason that I ordered the meal was to get the burger. I have been mislead. If I had known I would not get the burger when ordering the meal, I would not have ordered the meal. Now, will I take McDonald's to court? No. I won't. Because it's not a cost effective use of my time, given that I'm unlikely to recover enough to cover my costs and expenses (which I'm not guaranteed to get because judges are fickle and don't always award such things). What I will do instead is point out their shady business practice, laugh at their pathetic attempts to paint themselves as benevolent and generous for giving me an insulting "gift" in a desperate bid to stop me from calling them out, and do my level best to advise everyone and their mother in law to go to a rival competitor instead.
  • Options
    i have 65 days worth of VIP i want to cash out into the AD equivalent.. you can pm me regarding this. Thanks.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    If you go into that restaurant and buy a burger, starts eating it, but suddenly the waiter comes around, and yanks the meat from it... you actually have the right to complain, and demand some kind of compensation.

Pretty much the same is happening here right now.

And they can write a lot into their EULA, but they still have to follow certain laws that exists for buyer/seller... this ain't the Wild West.
    Besides, take a look at what is happening on the Xbox side with MS refunding the players... so much for the EULA.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde said:

If you go into that restaurant and buy a burger, starts eating it, but suddenly the waiter comes around, and yanks the meat from it... you actually have the right to complain, and demand some kind of compensation.

And they can write a lot into their EULA, but they still have to follow certain laws that exists for buyer/seller... this ain't the Wild West.
    Besides, take a look at what is happening on the Xbox side with MS refunding the players... so much for the EULA.

Exactly! Thank you!
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The bound to account C. Wards, P. Wards and Blood Rubys for Trade Bars were fine too, and they should bring those back right now.
    If they don't want to do that, they should multiply their "gift" with ViP time in months...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    next step is binding enchantments to account or char.. cant believe this game only lasted 2 and a bit years
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    metalldjt said:

Lol. that was the source of the confusion...$10 = coal ward = 75 bars = 300 large fireworks. The didn't want people to think that fireworks were only worth $0.03.

It does seem there was a theme of 40 trade-bars = $5. The scrolls of mass life and stones of health still give that ratio, and the 75-bar/$10 coal wards were roughly the same. Given this, I think I now lean a little to the "have to show parity w/ Xbox players to appease Microsoft" camp.

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    matthattr said:

... Spend your money on quality products from a reputable company and you chances of getting ripped off are greatly diminished.

You are absolutely correct here. Cryptic has shown time and again how much value they place on "reputable". A game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, this is not.
    matthattr said:

When everyone is playing free and not paying anything for their junk, they will either get their act together and earn some money with some quality and integrity or shut the servers down, Either way the problem will be solved.

I have doubts about the former, and if the latter comes, then I would not be surprised.

What I hate most is how they've run perfectly good products (Neverwinter, Dungeons & Dragons, R.A. Salvatore's IP) and selfishly run it into the ground for their monetary gain.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    shewolflitashewolflita Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    If anything is to blame for failing AD economy its the behaviors of the company. Not perma banning known bots who help break the economy and all the nerfing, back-pedaling on promises, unwise and bad for business decisions to date are where they need to look. Instead they point fingers, make excuses, offer lame fixes and get absolutely no where all the while failing to see that the consumers rightfully angered WILL become as adamant in mind as they. End result ... we will keep some money, they will lose some money and the game will foot the bill and fade off into past history.

Could whoever has custody of the collective brain there please look past the narrow-minded view of a bottom line and stop this insanity before its too late to do so??
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    royinever said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

aratech said:

healary said:

i agree with mostly what u say

but u forget 1 thing .. DISCLOSURE

the company for me several times had violated this by putting false advertising or post stuff that im sure they knew will not be true for long

this is still opening for lawsuit

unfortunatelly gaming industry had been breached too long for "non rules" regards how treat customers and be in par with other industries regarding consumers laws ..

most mmo companies= "we do whatever we want" and they dont afraid cause they can allways use the card of the "virtual property"

but in fact .. it is still a fraud to me .. not just this ..lots of stuff that happend in 2 years

and for me ..in justice world .. they deserved to be lawsuit

Game developers don't have to disclose anything. Do you notice all those close alphas, betas and NDAs in every online game now? A game is not like a prescription drug or food product which must have its ingredients listed. I think you may have confused by those Kickstarter "donation" schemes. These "games" are the ones which may have to brief the crowd but even so, all they have to show is they are "making progress" but they never have to show you the finished product.

False advertising/intent, can some cases be justified in some occasions such as the class lawsuits against Linden Lab about Second Life which the virtual world developer has to pay to have it settled, but then it was obvious. In most cases there is no ground for that due to the fact the players are only sold the services while all the virtual properties are still owned by the developers. They advertised for the game services, not the virtual items. If they fail to provide you the game services then there may be a case but if they don't give you the virtual products you think they have sold you, you are going to have a problem since they never promised or advertised to let you own any of the virtual items.

MMO companies can do whatever they want... Well, not exactly. If you pay for the services to use the game world, they have to provide you a game world. Suppose you paid Blizzard $15 to play WoW for a month but they only give you access for 15 days, then I believe you are entitled to get about half of that $15 back but this kind of lawsuits do not occur at all since most of the time server outages don't last for 2 weeks. Players may say they get banned and denied game services too but if they are banned due to their efforts to disrupt the game, they may be the ones who actually get persecuted rather in a real Court of Law. So literally, this kind of complaints do not happen often.
    Post edited by healary on
  • Options
    regenerde said:

Sure, if you complain at the time when the waiter takes away your burger, not several weeks later.

This discussion has been closed.