test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    mods are reforming angry posts into brown-noses posts, that simple. they dont allow freedom of expressions or press.
    it nearly border as tyrannical censorship, they just show us thier true color, and now everyone knows how bad and soon start spreading the word through online chat vines, alerting those who are curious about NWO and prevent falling into cash pit trap. i feel that already too late and words had gone out.

note to PWE/PWI, players are on the verge of raising the pitchforks and torches, and get angrier when posts suddenly vanished, and the mods in here cant stop other website forums because they dont work on those "other sites" to delete. those were more vocal and vulgar.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    They do something like this after every charge bonus. They know angry players tend to close their wallet for a while, so the cashflow needs to be bolstered ahead of time. The signs were there with Xbox as well. I have no doubt this has been planned for a long while, and not without considering the ideal marketing time to have a 2X RP weekend. This is Cryptic's cycle and it will continue I'm sure until they rid themselves of their Lead Dev and Exec Producer. People will pay for good content or value. They've reduced and butchered some of the "returning" content and degraded the value of VIP. I got some of my money's worth for VIP, but am left again with the fealing of being ripped off by an unscrupulous company. Their actions vividly betray their business model to devote absolutely no energy to player retention.
  • uncathedragonuncathedragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If you were REALLY worried about the "zen market" problem? Make them BOUND to the account. Double the price even. Further complaints hit it right on the head: the silly things at $10.00 real world cash is RIDICULOUS for what it does do, never mind what it doesn't.

Given the shear volume needed to have a real shot at upgrading 8's to 12's or shards? I'm not laying out that much hard earned cash for a diminishing returns upgrade. Or if I do? It will be years.

Really want to cut your throat? Kill the vip program. We'll leave in droves.

The convalescent wards in the trade bar store took it from flat grind to doable grind. Me and mine spent money to get keys to get the bars because we wanted it.

Now? Yeah... luck to y'all. Bad move. But I think the volumes of vitriol get that across.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    People get annoyed, posts go poof, people get more angry.

Guess deleting a post altogether is faster than replying to players concerns though.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• ladyfalconcloakladyfalconcloak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Here's what I don't understand:
    If having the coalescent wards in the Tradebar Store is having a negative effect on the AD market, why not bind them to account? Simple fix. AND, if y'all feel you should be making more money on them, raise their price in the TBS AND bind them to the account. How is making people pay $10 for a single-use item a good idea to anyone?
    Oh well, I guess I'll be relying on my luck with Celestial Coins to get coalescent wards from now on.
  • mechantechatonnemechantechatonne Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think this decision was very poorly thought out. The reason I elected to join the VIP program to begin with was because of the coalescent wards. The old refining system didn't involve expensive regents, so if one wished to just grind out a Sharandar zone 100 times and repeat the process a hundred times, that was an option. You would lose the shards, but it was possible to do this. With the marks of potency and matching enchantments on the line, it's an ENORMOUS loss if a higher ranked refinement attempt fails. With it being unavoidable to need coalescent wards for making weapon and armor enchants because of the high cost of components and negligible random success rate, a way of getting those is necessary. The boxes in lockboxes go for very little AD, especially as the market saturates with them, so the only definite benefit of VIP is the trade bars for coalescents. The rate for them dropping in weekly boxes is extremely low now that there are several other things that may possible drop in these boxes, so that can't be counted on either. VIP is only still worth it, AD-wise if you get a 15% off coupon and/or find valuable things in the lottery. Otherwise, you're better off saving that AD you would have otherwise spent on it and buying what you want from the AH, and just buying the boxes you want if you feel like rolling the dice.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    You just gave a huge blow to VIP and trade bar currency in general.
    This is totally a P2W change, shameful.
    How about giving a second lockbox key to rank 12 VIPs now, mmm?
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

For what point and purpose? So we can amass vast swarms of tradebars useful only for picking up fashion gear of questionable coolness and levels of taste?
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    freshour said:

The only good thing VIP ever did for me was to memorize where every freaking trap was on every freaking dungeon before I finally said screw it and got it so I could run through them all and not care. I know they added the injuries to make people want to use VIP and they got me. Sure, I didn't spend real money as I'd be crazy to give them a dime. But to think they would give us anything in return for the hours/money/patience/frustration we have given them of ours.... is kinda crazy in itself.

You guys do realize the one thing PVE players have said for going on like 7 months was they just wanted those old dungeons back and they came back as Demonic HE portal fests that we can level up with.... If anyone thinks they listen to anything we say... Well I'm sorry but that lollipop isn't on the shelf. The devs aren't the monsters. Forum mods maybe but they have to do this b/c I'm sure they get an earful if they don't. But these devs do what they are told, it is that simple.

If you think Strum wrote that post and agreed with any of it that the economy was suffering... wow. The guy is not "special" in that sense. If you think the devs having every live stream photobombed by someone saying nerf pally bubble is ignored then again, I'm sorry. They know what they are doing is wrong.. THEY KNOW. But they don't have the power to do anything about it.

They are allowed to do band-aid fixes. They are allowed to do polls on the forums about which NPC is our favorite. They are not allowed to balance classes. They are not allowed to give us anything, that power being in the devs left the day Crush got here.

So again, devs/forum hall monitors. I'm sorry you guys get so much grief from all of us. I know from the bottom of my heart that you realize what you have to do on a daily basis is wrong, not fair and in some cases even cruel but it is your job. And I think a lot of them try and make the best of it.

As a software developer for over 20 years professionally this is spot on. I have NEVER worked for any company that allowed the developers do anything that they wanted to the product. Those decisions are always made up the chain. Blaming the developers in this case is like blaming a foot soldier for starting a war.

That said.. I really think I have given my last dollars to this abortion of a company. Congrats on making a great game, too bad you messed everything up.
    aratech said:

For what point and purpose? So we can amass vast swarms of tradebars useful only for picking up fashion gear of questionable coolness and levels of taste?
    At least it's another lockbox opened, another lottery ticket + consolation price, whatever, it's SOMETHING.

P.S. I won Tradebar Jackpot from my enchanted key today. -.-'

aratech said:

At least it's another lockbox opened, another lottery ticket + consolation price, whatever, it's SOMETHING.

My sympathies on the timing of that. But all it works out to is a second chance to be disappointed. I'm fairly certain the actual lottery has better odds of winning.

The sad part is that a part of me suspected something was coming. Two x2 RPs all but back to back? And its a telling state of affairs when I see that and the response is not joy but "oh god, how are they about to muck me over?"
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User

Jeez you all so negative.
    I remember the screaming when AD got wiped
    Here we go again

No .. this is different. With the AD changes it was a vocal minority with bot armies, that made vast amounts of AD without paying NWO much if anything. This is a large variety of people, often VIPs, who have by definition paid, that are having their purchases devalued on a whim.

Both are collectively negative. They are however qualitatively different.
    krzrsms said:

Jeez you all so negative.
    I remember the screaming when AD got wiped
    Here we go again

No .. this is different. With the AD changes it was a vocal minority with bot armies, that made vast amounts of AD without paying NWO much if anything. This is a large variety of people, often VIPs, who have by definition paid, that are having their purchases devalued on a whim.

Both are collectively negative. They are however qualitatively different.
    They also did something to compensate for the loss of AD. Namely, they made the prices of the GMOPs actually reasonable and the like. They also lowered ward prices in an attempt to compensate for this among VIP payers who had just suddenly had the rules changed on them.

Here? I see nothing being done to make VIP worth it. After they just had a massive sale and have been constantly hawking the benefits of said VIP program.

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Shadowclad armor enchant: When receiving damage each hit adds 10% to your Deflection rating and a 4% increase to your Damage Resistance for 8 seconds. This effect can stack a maximum of 8 times. When you successfully deflect an attack with 8 stacks of Shadowclad, your armor has a 100% chance to disorient foes for 1 second and places you in Stealth for 4 seconds. This effect cannot happen more than once every 30 seconds. All damage scales with your level.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User

Lol. That made me laugh out loud for reals.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2016

throsbi said:

I dont see this as game changing or ending. It was posted days/weeks ago took this long to get outraged..........

'Most Anticipated MMORPGs of 2016" you do realize EQNext is on that list, i think its on the list every year lol......anyway if everyone is to leave when its released NWO will be here for a very long time..........hahahha :o

may have been posted weeks ago, but to bother coming on a regular basis to sift through all the drivel is basically for those who have no life an do nothing but play a game an sit online in forums, most people have lives an when they have time they play a video game for some fun, they arent no life people who track what some video game is about to s crew them over with.
    hey your right I have no life. To be totally honest here i had a great one, very successful business owner, nice place in the country with a pond a couple hours outside the metro. Than one day at the docs office I was diagnosed with MND/ALS and given 2-5 years to live. So yes I spend my days playing games, why because I am stuck in a power chair and thats about all thats left. Maybe you should try to keep on topic and not so quick to judge others. Have a good one and hope nothing like this every happens to anyone.

EDIT: magenubbie gets it!!!!!!!!!!
    If you passed his post just above this, go back up and read it!
    edited February 2016

It's something we are sorry for but it's not game breaking. Certainly it's a step back and some newbies will be scared about enchantments prices. Actually they are already high in my opinion.

It's more than just that. This is a bait and switch. They hawked the benefits of VIP which most of us got for the knowledge that even if we didn't win anything in the lockboxes (which, less face it, is about as likely as getting struck by lightning whilst on a submarine while the submarine is underwater) we could save up for these wards and use them. Now we can't. VIP just lost its most defining selling point. And dropping this on us with only the scantest of warnings only further damages the threadbare trust we have in this company.

Why should we trust them now? Why should we give them money, when they have demonstrated, at least twice now, that they will arbitrarily turn around and alter the deal after they have what they want from us.

Classic case of penny wise, pound foolish.

Addendum:
    healary said:

adinosii said:

I do, however, suspect that many players are googling "Most Anticipated MMORPGs in 2016" and wondering where to go next.

However, TBH, Cryptic did acknowledge today's changes weeks ago and they even handed out free wards, rubies and such even they did not have to.
    *cackles uncontrollably*

Oh, you're serious, lemme laugh even harder!

You know what that 'gift' is? It's a bribe. It's a pathetic, paltry attempt to mollify me and get me to still give them my hard earned money while getting less and less in return. It's an attempt to paint themselves a caring and generous while trying to figure out how to get my to buy more Zen for no other reason than "bork you give us money!" It's an insult to my intelligence, I'd have rather gotten nothing and them at least have been honest about why they're doing this, and I invite them to take their "gift" and proceed to do something anatomically impossible with it. *rollseyes*

aratech said:

It's something we are sorry for but it's not game breaking. Certainly it's a step back and some newbies will be scared about enchantments prices. Actually they are already high in my opinion.

It's more than just that. This is a bait and switch. They hawked the benefits of VIP which most of us got for the knowledge that even if we didn't win anything in the lockboxes (which, less face it, is about as likely as getting struck by lightning whilst on a submarine while the submarine is underwater) we could save up for these wards and use them. Now we can't. VIP just lost its most defining selling point. And dropping this on us with only the scantest of warnings only further damages the threadbare trust we have in this company.

Why should we trust them now? Why should we give them money, when they have demonstrated, at least twice now, that they will arbitrarily turn around and alter the deal after they have what they want from us.

Classic case of penny wise, pound foolish.

But would prayer do any good against such a man? A man who can don the cursed -6 redshirt of death and survive all the way to the end of a star trek episode?
  • wvalientwvalient Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Alright so let me have this all sink in after playing for 3 years.
    Cryptic's answer to what they call is a " failing AD economy" is to take away the one item that gave players the ability to feel progression in their gear past hitting level 70.
    I'm going to be completely transparent here. I bought VIP because I knew that a key a day meant trade bars, and trade bars meant coal wards that I could either invest into my own enchantment or into the Auction House to gather AD to work towards improving professions, or gear, or even just some random vanity cosmetic items. I knew that at the end of the day that even if those lockboxes gave me terrible drop after terrible drop I could still have a coal ward in about a week to progress my characters.
    So why buy VIP or keys now? Why shell out $1.35 USD per key when obviously we will never make back a fraction of that back? They nerfed the drop rate from lockboxes first, and now have taken the only safety net prize you could get in the end to further your account. Why did they think this was going to be a good idea for their zen sales? If people weren't buying Coal wards before they won't be now especially at a price tag of $10 USD per ward. I mean let's do some math here...

1 trans takes 2 perfects which takes 4 greaters which takes 8 normal which takes 16 lessers which takes 64 shards that is 31 coal wards. Cryptic that is $310 USD for a single max level enchantment via your zen market. Are you JOKING! This is the kind of thing you see when someone makes FUN OF THE P2W system not implemented as a practice!

I sincerely hope you reconsider this as an action. Nerfing the drop rate of the chests is one thing. I can handle not gambling a whole ton as I don't have a problem and I only do stuff with decent calculated odds ( hence why I bought VIP instead of buying the keys outright). However charging a player $620 USD to have 2 fully upgraded enchantments on ONE CHARACTER is just stupid.
  • tedderukantedderukan Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Someone important in cryptic MUST think this game is the only one out there. They must think that compulsion and necessity draw gamers from all over the globe to spend $170 in coalescent wards to build a single weapon/armor enhancement to transcendent ($10/coalescent ward in the zen market). They must wake up in their 5000+ square ft. houses, get in their porches to go to work, and inbetween lines of whatever luxury that travels up their noses think how dreadfully cheap and whiny their customers are.

I don't really think I'm adding much to the already 12 to 13 pages of outrage this change has already inspired. But let this be my drop in the bucket. I came here because I loved the combat style. It was a change of pace from some of the other MMO's. And I put in a fair amount of money..., more so that I have or have needed to in ANY OTHER GAME for the priveledge of getting 2 characters to an item level of 2800. The reason I spent the money and time (but mostly MONEY) to do this was because your pve content (especially the new demon content) requires I be AT LEAST at a 2500 Item Level. This item level isn't arbitrary either. In order for me to be even remotely viable to join almost any dungeon, 2500 Item level truly is the minimum necessary to be a contributing member in ANY of your epic content. Elsewise no pickup group would have me. The point being is that to play the content, I somehow have to magically obtain the gear I require from the dungeons that contain the gear I need to play them.

Ah but here's where you caviat: "Not true, if you build up your enchantments, companions, weapon/armor enhancements to a superior level you can enter those dungeons and be perfectly and legitimately useful to a party."

To which I say, HAMSTER you, I don't have the near $1000 it will now cost to build a single character into a useful and contributing member of a party.

So, it seems you are no longer interested in obtaining revenue from the middle class. Here's MY counter. I know a great deal of games (some with similar combat engines) that will not only have my business, but currently charge less for their privilege to have it. So tell Perfect World, or whichever paymaster owns your short and curlies that the working man has left the server. In fact, I'll go one further.

I AM CALLING A BOYCOTT.

You are WRONG
    Yes, 2500 Is preferable
    But I am doing excellent on dc with ap gain who is 2200 TIL.
    And I did all dungeons with OP at 2000 til
    Support classes can have lower then 2500 and stil do well.
    THE SKILL is that matters
    Good for you. And though you did a great job at commending yourself for how awesome you are, your rail on MY skill is both a sidestep to the real discussion and irrelevant to classes other than the invincible/healing ones. Furthermore, 2500 item level IS A PREREQUISITE for even joining Epic Demogorgon (and will be for Castle Never so I hear). So perhaps join in the conversation that's actually happening in this thread. Slapping down others to promote your own self-esteem only broadcasts personal weakness.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    This topic is

Dr. Doom approved!
  • agatagdragatagdr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

you forgot to remove these items aswell .

Well, you know, only some items cause confusion by being both on zen and trade bars store...
    Eryca - Gutbusters Brigade
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    yet another reason why I wish some OTHER company would be the "officially licensed" D&D game. Cryptic has the reverse Midas touch, and touches everything it can get its hands on.

eta: by the way? "Arc User" by my name is a lie. I don't have ARC, i don't want ARC, i will never use ARC.
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    LOL all these people saying it's "a crime" and they should go to jail. It would be considered a victimless crime by the law. Just because McD's hamburger sucked and you don't like it, the CEO should be cuffed? You bought digital content, they changed it, with the very broad and open ended TOS rules they can do that, even with ZERO notice for any reason they want (even if it's UN-reasonable or stupid), yes as usual cryptic lied and the product sucked, but you can't jail them because it sucked.

You do what other people do, they had a bad burger at McD's, either don't buy burgers from them or better yet, buy them elsewhere. You got once again, ripped off by cryptic and you got a tummy ache from the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they fed you, so don't buy what they are selling anymore! Spend your money on quality products from a reputable company and you chances of getting ripped off are greatly diminished.

Take this game for what it is, a sub par game that has lot's of quirks, but is playable for free, play it free! When everyone is playing free and not paying anything for their junk, they will either get their act together and earn some money with some quality and integrity or shut the servers down, Either way the problem will be solved.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Not surprising. I'm glad I stopped spending money on this game after they removed AD from Leadership. Apparently they have decided this current change will get people to spend more money. That's the sole reason for any change they do these days. I'm surprised more people haven't caught on to that by now.
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    > @skinnnie#7634 said:
    > I was wondering if they even tested these changes before they want to implement it?
    > I mean yes its a drastic move and yes alot of people will move on and stop paying
    > I love the game it has such big potential but its not really showing
    > so did anyone seen this coming or know if this has been tested?
    > i will keep playing cuz i love my guild and people but game needs serious upgrades and better thinking

Actually I hope it "near deaths" it. Nothing like a near death experience to change ones outlook (I speak from personal experience).

If the game was to go so close to death, that it put a total scare into them, 1 of 2 things will happen, they will change what they are doing to be sent into the death spiral and pull up and reform their act. Or they will die. Being dead, they can't perpetuate any more of their craptastic antics anymore, bait and switch is hard to pull off from the grave.

Sub-par company's NEED to die, they get replaced in the marketplace by better and more efficient companies. Microshlock(soft) when it started, was a innovator that put out a better mouse trap than apple and they dominated, then they got lazy and bloated and rushed to market buggy sub par product, apple surpassed them, now apple is top of the heap and microslock is trying to catch up..who knows what can happen, maybe with Jobs dead, they too, will get bad and some soon-to-be-next-big-thing will come along and dwarf MS and Apple.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    It makes me laugh when some players don't realize free items are free and their money is theirs. They are two different things. I have no problem taking the free items and not spending my money. Although I don't play this game much, let alone paying for it since Stronghold as I have warned this kind of elite guild approach will fail the game in a short time, I have no problem taking the free items which I won't even hand out to players if I were the owner of the game. They made the announcement a long time ago, no catch there. Fair and square. It is your money and your time. If you didn't want to play. You could have done that long ago. Those who paid since then and did not complain until today have no excuse at all.

Suppose you dined in a restaurant a month ago and today you have decided you did not like the food and asked for your money back today, do you realize think the REAL Court of Law won't throw you out of their window? ROFL!!!! Good luck with that. Just ROFL!!!!
  • unruly65unruly65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    In a way, the actions of management here remind me of the current U.S. president. His actions would lead one to believe he has no idea whatsoever what he is doing, every action he has taken has been a detriment to our culture, economy, military, intelligence community, etc. But in reality he knows EXACTLY what he is doing and has in fact been wildly successful at implementing his agenda. Cryptic has been, I'm sure, very successful at accomplishing their goals. These goals, sadly, are not what most of us thought, or had hoped they would be.

Personally, I just bought enough zen for 3 more months of VIP. Then I see the announcement. Very disappointing. My first 3 months of VIP keys yielded absolutely nothing of value, other than bars, which I use for wards to refine. Now that is gone.

This was once a fun game, i'ts not anymore.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Buy slots make alts play have fun. Invoke alot. Game will really be leadership and invoke rather then D&D. Its mod 5 economy again where alts matter more then playing.

Alternately stick to your current plan.

lmao make alt invoke, wowwwwwwwwwwwww thats so much fun, gee i hope they make a game where all you do is invoke, pfft what a joke.
    there are idle rpgs on mobiles out there that sounds like they have the same amount of fun
This discussion has been closed.