What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Module 10] Lancer's GOLDEN PVP GWF Destroyer High-End build

Comments

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Hum.....im not sure about this build it would work in certain situations, for sure, but...... wrathfull determination, ok, not bad, but you have a feat that promotes control and grants you full stamina if you use battle fury, that's gold honestly, trample the fallen is granted damage on control, not just gwf control, when you have rogues, cw's, trapper's on your team is granted addition too, destroyer is good but has only 25% chance to stack, may or may not be good, my second choice for it would be warrior's courage. Sentinel feats, nice choice, many times with those anoying GF's or Tr's there is just no way to LS. Destroyer feats, relenless battle fury instead executioner style, because of what i said before, that granted control dps and the inaccuracy of indomitable battle strike, but this is just my opinion, you made a more destructive build it's your play style and im sure you are very good at it.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    From what i could test, HD-DS-BF is powerful vs TRs/HRs/CWs because, basically your SS hits harder and, since you spam it, you LS a lot too. But exactly as Lancer said, you lose burst potential. So when fighting a BiS SW, a DC/OP, a GF, or another GWF, you either stall or lose to their high burst.

I'd say it's a good rotation to switch to, when you are facing a very dodgy, low LS HR/TR. Probably the best rotation for that type of opponent since FLS can get easily dodged or deflected and IBS is hard to land on them, while more unstoppable thanks to DS, more sprint with BF, double mark and boosted SS damage make for a good combo. If the HR is a BiS self-healing monster you stall unless you can land multiple crits in a row.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by xgrandz02 on
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I personally don't feel like it does anything against the effects of SE but seems to work great against other attacks. I have been having an extremely great time lately as a SM running with battlefury, shout and daggers. Ya the burst damage isnt there to fight hrs but that generally is the only thing giving me trouble atm. 9500 recovery and 6500 movement is a ton of fun lol. I definetly am going to try the whole hp thing out though, my guild on xbox doesnt have the hp boon so i have to get radiants and use the lifesteal boon and trade my artifacts to do it. Kinda sucks.

What transmutes do you have for the helm, boots and armor by the way?

Thanks for the post though lancer I appreciate people that think outside the box.
    -Trent the Barbarian
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    tsk0n3tsk0n3 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hey, I love reading this build its pretty dam good. I see in the posts talking about halfling and full int but do not see it in the build. Is this before the Jan 17 update and is halfling still viable? I'm on xbone and curious if anything will change when I switch to underdark. Thanks for sharing your build w us
  • Options
    gevmarcusgevmarcus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    What are the starting Ability Rolls for both Human and Dragonborn? And how he reached those value?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @metalldjt This should be fixed now.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    tiagoshztiagoshz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    now with the change in "set Lostmauth", what is the better choice for this build?...i'm thinking the "set black ice" because have armor penetration, but i'm not sure.
  • Options
    tiagoshztiagoshz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

tiagoshz said:

now with the change in "set Lostmauth", what is the better choice for this build?...i'm thinking the "set black ice" because have armor penetration, but i'm not sure.

con belt
    LE: ill update the build asap.
    ok friend, i will waiting the new build, Thank you very much...By the by, nice build
  • Options
    bajancloakbajancloak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Nice. Why Power over ArmPen as the SH Boon?
  • Options
    bajancloakbajancloak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    So power is better for a GWF in PVP rather than ArmPen at BIS?
  • Options
    tigersclaw#7201 tigersclaw Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Why destroyer in PvP, I never fight 3 people at a time where I win? I always take this out.

There are feats granting destroyer at any amount of targets.
    I believe you are talking about the feat Focused Destroyer?

"Destroyer now has a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to grant a stack when hitting any number of targets. Additionally Destroyer grants you .7/1.4/2.1/2.8/3.5% bonus damage per stack."

I find the description confusing. Does it mean now Destroyer stacks increase whenever we hit 1 target too? I never liked the Destroyer passive because stacks only increase when hitting 3 targets at once and using Sure Strike that is so rare. If it works as I understood, I hit 1 enemy 1 time, +12% damage. 2nd stack = +24%. 3rd stack = +36%.

With the Focused Destroyer feat, 1st stack 12 + 3.5 = +15.5%. 2nd stack +31%. 3rd stack +46.5%. But you only have 25% chance these stacks work against 1 single enemy in PVP. Rather confusing passive and feat, this is why I still don't like it that much.

On second thought, maybe Destroyer + Focused Destroyer go well with Wicked Strike and are comparable to what Executioner's Style is for Sure Strike.

If you use Wicked Strike, Destroyer + Focused Destroyer will give you +46.5% bonus damage after you hit more than 3 enemies 3 times in a row. Useful for fights with lots of monsters at once.

Sure Strike gives you +30% bonus damage "as target's health diminishes", as the description says, what isn't very clear. Is that at 1% health? At 5% health? At 10% health? Not well explained.

If you are fighting lots of enemies, seems like you can get the +46.5% bonus with Wicked Strike much faster than the +30% bonus with Sure Strike.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    With the destroyer class feature you normally have to hit 3 targets and you get a stack of destroyer. doing it again and again you have 3x destroyer stacks for 36% more damage (assuming rank 4)

when you have the Focused Destroyer feat you have a 25% chance to get a stack of the destroyer class feature even when you are fighting only one enemy. so if you are fighting orcus you have a 25% chance whenever you hit orcus to get a destroyer stack. These destroyer stacks you get this way are exactly the same as the ones you get if you don't have the focused destroyer feat, but now you can get those stacks even in a single target fight. In addition, your destroyer stacks are now worth 15.5% each instead of 12% each.

the Sure strike giving bonus damage as the target health decreases means that when the target is at 100% HP you get 0% bonus damage and when the target is at 0% HP you have 30% bonus damage.

Executioner's style and focused destroyer are both feats that you should have since they work very well together. it doesn't take long in a single target fight to have 3x stacks of destroyer up when using sure strike (because of the focused destroyer feat)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    wilfredonieveswilfredonieves Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I don't see what kind of armor kits. Is it safe to assume armor penetration on all?
    Post edited by wilfredonieves on
  • Options
    metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Have insignia healing depression been added in pvp yet? If so, how are you pc GWFs faring in pvp for mod 10?
  • Options
    quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Confused by this build.

In one of the posts on the first page you mention putting points into CON every 10 levels, along with INT. Yet in your build update it looks like you went CON and STR every 10 levels. Which is it?

I'm rolling a new GWF and like to PvP quite a bit. This looked like a solid build to get me started, so I was curious about the stat discrepancies in the thread.
  • Options
    quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Cool metal, thanks for the clarification. Look forward to seeing the new build.

Thanks.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Looks great! Does 70 ArPen really work for you, though???
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @metalldjt

Could you do me a favor lancer and either post a picture of your un-potted stats under the one of your potted stats and perhaps tell us which foods you use? I'm just curious how far I am off on your current stats now because I have a very similar stat distribution on xbox except I have a warhorse.

-Trent the Barbarian.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options

@metalldjt

Could you do me a favor lancer and either post a picture of your un-potted stats under the one of your potted stats and perhaps tell us which foods you use? I'm just curious how far I am off on your current stats now because I have a very similar stat distribution on xbox.

-Trent the Barbarian.

@metalldjt OK nice those are the foods I use as well in pvp except I used the watermelon sorbet too.