test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Neverwinter: The Maze Engine!

13»

Comments

• Options
    azoldguyazoldguy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So, the devs finally realize that there should be dungeons in dungeons & dragons. WOW! How intelligent of them! Too bad they're still referring to "end game" content in an open ended game. What a pity that they still don't have a clue as to what on going, open ended gaming means. So, for the morons still trying to get a grasp on how to write for a D & D game, let me break it down for you. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS END GAME ANYTHING IF YOUR GAME IS OPEN ENDED! Until the devs can figure that out, I'll continue to spend my money elsewhere.
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    You know, I was excited about this until I learned that the dungeons you're bringing back are only leveling versions. Honestly, they might as well not be there at all. Why wouldn't you make epic versions of them as well. This is mind-blowingly frustrating.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm cautiously optimistic about dungeons, although if they're not relevant to level 70 I'm not sure I see the point. Even with epic versions they might be irrelevant, as people will gravitate to the dungeons they can blitz fastest and complete most reliably. "Leveling" dungeons are horribly inefficient for leveling, though. Even on my very first character, when I was trying to do everything, sometimes I was simply leveling up too quickly to notice a dungeon/skirmish before I was too high a level to run it. I continue to miss/skip these things because I just level up even faster now. Though for the love of god don't be dumb and read this as saying "I want level 1-60 to be as grindy as 61-70!"

The mount system upgrades might be good. Though I put the odds fairly low.

What I'm expecting:
    • There is still no way to get non-scrub-tier speeds without paying out the HAMSTER for it.
    • There is no way to get the relevant stat bonuses without paying out the HAMSTER for it.
    • Every change/customization costs additional AD--simply using the system means you're paying out the HAMSTER.
    • They add in a new currency to use in place of the AD costs (a la companion upgrade tokens), but this currency can only be acquired through lottery tickets acquired from AD/Zen expenditures and ultimately costs (much) more than paying AD directly.
    • Unlocks are per-character rather than account wide. So if you want to enjoy multiple characters, then prepare to pay out your now-distended HAMSTER.
    • The rich will soon catch onto this and prices on things like axebeaks and snails and anything conceivably "optimal" for mounts will spike. So prepare to pay out the hole formerly recognizable as your HAMSTER.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    With the returning dungeons being "leveling dungeons only"... and with the low difficulty of the new CN that we have seen so far... You are wasting your time releasing this poor excuse for a module.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Why would you gut CN. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? Haven't you guys read enough comments about how people used to love running through CN? Why would you bring it back and butcher it till all the tasty bits are carved out. This game needs at least ONE long marathon dungeon.

It just baffles my mind. You guys have gotten bombarded, AIR RAIDED on these forums about how people loathe, despite, hate demonic HEs, and you turn CN basically into a chain of demonic HEs. This is NOT going to help the company generate revenue if all you continue to do is keep scratching the same wound.
  • Options
    teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    was kind of disappointed when i heard about the new module and the new cap coming to neverwinter where i wasn't to thrilled when i heard about it cause i just got done getting my toon a full set of Alliance gear where i'm not sure how many more modules i can take after this one cause i do struggle enough at 70 where i just don't want to struggle anymore as it is

cause i did have some ideas for the game that i would of liked to of seen for (one) instead of wasting Astral Diamonds on a shirt and Trousers to get the Disable Visuals Effect why cant it not just come Equip to any level shirt and Trousers from 1 to 70 without spending the $$$ to get that on AH

(two) when purchasing a mount from the Zen Market while purchasing one from the Trade in Bar Marchant or the one you already have that any armor mount you had bought that there armor and saddle should come Dyeable just in my option cause if we could also change out are Leopard mount version for the snow version that i would so dig that in my option as well

(three) if a player try's to engage you're mob while trying to steal it that the monster should no longer give them credit while loot on the ground in sharadar dread ring and the dragon zone cause if this was in the game then who would want to steal from you anymore if they couldn't steal you're ghost from the summing circle if they had to wait 15 sec to get it as well ?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

was kind of disappointed when i heard about the new module and the new cap coming to neverwinter where i wasn't to thrilled when i heard about it cause i just got done getting my toon a full set of Alliance gear where i'm not sure how many more modules i can take after this one cause i do struggle enough at 70 where i just don't want to struggle anymore as it is

There is no new cap.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cagatayy90cagatayy90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    When it comes to the new class ?
  • Options
    justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Love it!! Bring it on!! A place for Mounts!! Awesome!!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

With the returning dungeons being "leveling dungeons only"... and with the low difficulty of the new CN that we have seen so far... You are wasting your time releasing this poor excuse for a module.

@aimeesellers its you fault ! you should have included an "epic" in that gif just in between "want?" and "dungeons" :(
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

@aimeesellers its you fault ! you should have included an "epic" in that gif just in between "want?" and "dungeons" :(
    Funny you should bring that up. It's the first thing I thought of when they broke the bad news to us. All those with the gif asked for dungeons to be brought back. You didn't specify epic - careful what you wish for...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Hindsight.... 20/20.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    What is Gamehall: Portobello's Game?