Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• delaserasdelaseras Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    hello can i join to the guild gamertag delaseras
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    delaseras said:

hello can i join to the guild gamertag delaseras

Need your character name too. Like this "character name@delaseras", then can invite.

• vanak#0834 vanak Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Vanak@RaspyBl3nd3r if you guys still have spots available.

Vanak@RaspyBl3nd3r if you guys still have spots available.

We had 7 slots open at the time of this post. Invite sent.

• firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    So I am guessing most of us will be going through Underdark solo, and then grouping up to fight the Dungeon? I am sick, so I will be playing all day. Thus I will probably be finished with all the quests and stuff before most people. But I would like to get some guild runs of the dungeon completed so we can see how we do.

I can run on Oathly first, to make the first run simple. Then I can run on Grace, to see if it is quicker.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    With the new mod comes the twisted underdark artifact weapons... but did you know that, should the idea of running a hard epic raid battle multiple times with nine random people each time sound like an unmitigated hell to you, there is also four new elemental sets that you can get by grinding HEs in the four Elemental Zones?

Accept a quest at the tree and then gather 100 charges for an "unawakened heart". Once 100 charges are gained you will get the artifact weapons for the heart you collected.
    (N.B: The fire one is NOT the same as the one you currently have)

Charges are gained via completing Heroic Encounters in the 4 EE zones: Epic HEs have a 100% drop chance for a charge, others just have a chance.The difference between them is what set bonus you get.
    Examples are below (set bonus is the same, regardless of class)

Water: Farmable in Drowned Shore http://imgur.com/cwN4t2E
    Earth: Farmable in Reclamation Rock http://imgur.com/eVKXdNv
    Fire: Farmable in Fiery Pit http://imgur.com/kQh1zdR
    Wind: Farmable in Spinward Rise http://imgur.com/ik7GEpI
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
    As good as that Fire one would be, would virtually make EVERY bubble pally perma if it is the same effects though classes, the twisted set will still be best for any DPS class.
  • kryoxz#7380 kryoxz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm down with joining. 'In between' mics atm, my kid is fun. Kryox@kryox z
  • curtdawg21curtdawg21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tilth@THExSOFAxKING
  • rjhathaway91#3936 rjhathaway91 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hello there level 37 devo pally named gilreed @ sl1pperyxbanana. Hoping to join the guild, still new to the game but done everything solo so far. Hoping to do end game stuff eventully. Would love an opportunity to join and help.
    Post edited by rjhathaway91#3936 on
    So with Underdark you can get like 100 different rings, all of which are complete trash. What was the point in putting all of them in? The only thing they are good for is salvage, but other than that it just seems pointless to have them in game.
    edited February 2016
    Hell, I'm happy for the salvage

(We'll need that extra AD for Zen, so we can buy coal wards ;) )
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
  • dean1975#6161 dean1975 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hey guys

Don't know if it takes up guild slots but I have a new character that I would like to be part of the guild. Already in with Freya and Eritan. New character is DC. Name : craige christ@dean01975. Inv if you can but if not I'll lvl to 70 solo
    @Kryox invite sent
    @curtdawg it says you are already in a guild
    @rjhathaway91#3936 it says not found, checked Xbox:gamertag not found. Missing a "Y" perhaps?
    @dean done
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Rings: I found one that I haven't actually tried yet that seems not to be trash. it's a 95 recovery ring that can stack up to 10 times. 140 il

I put it on my pally but my pally is stabled until I get it upgraded a bit. so it might be a few days before I test that ring out.
  • rjhathaway91#3936 rjhathaway91 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Zephyriah you are correct it is miaaing a Y. My fault.

Zephyriah you are correct it is miaaing a Y. My fault.

Ok. Invite sent.
  • daddyjohns#8114 daddyjohns Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, I am currently playing an OP level 52 and looking for my first guild experience in NW.

Darkness@Rob the Taxman.

I've experienced some trouble in the past not playing hardcore in other games. However, due to my current health issues I have been regulated to casual. I've read through some of the recruiting posts here and you appear to be nice, stand-up people that I would like to get to know and contribute towards the guild. Thanks.

Hi, I am currently playing an OP level 52 and looking for my first guild experience in NW.

Darkness@Rob the Taxman.

I've experienced some trouble in the past not playing hardcore in other games. However, due to my current health issues I have been regulated to casual. I've read through some of the recruiting posts here and you appear to be nice, stand-up people that I would like to get to know and contribute towards the guild. Thanks.

Invite sent.

Just know that peak hours for the guild are 10PM-2AM PST. We only ask that you do the Stronghold dailies when you play and contribute the rewards (can't use them anywhere else anyway), especially "Influence". Other than that, any and all contributions are voluntary and appreciated.

edited February 2016
    Okay, well looks like I am done with this game. WARD-gate needed to be handle properly in order to not be a slap in the face, and @yetweallfalldown did not deliver. Their solution is horrible and does not resolve any issues that were presented with Underdark release. It sucks that they could not do the right thing and keep a majority of their player base, but I truly think that a good number of people will be leaving.

Its been fun all you Casual Gamers, but I can not force myself to play this game anymore. Not when the devs clearly just want to take our money, and not delivery what they promise.

You guys have fun.....I'm out!

EDIT: My GF will probably still be getting on occasionally, but she only knows how to play my GWF(Grace), and my HR(Melanie). So all other toons are no longer gonna be played.
    Post edited by firepats12#3687 on
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I understand how you feel, but if you do like the game, please continue to play, just don't put any money in. That will get the message across far better, IMHO.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

Its been fun all you Casual Gamers, but I can not force myself to play this game anymore. Not when the devs clearly just want to take our money, and not delivery what they promise.

You guys have fun.....I'm out!

It was nice knowing you, Mark, and thank you for all your help and time playing with us. While the parting is always sad and it is twice sad when it happens for some vanity reasons and some people being not too wise, I say look forward and don't look back as every ending is a new beginning. Have a wonderful journey!

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    I understand, and totally get it. glad you are not deleting all your characters. sometimes things turn around. and if you change your mind you're always welcomed back. I'm not entirely sure the game is going to survive this though. it really is a ghost town for a friday. Let us know what game you migrate to. LOL. I'd migrate out if I had anything else to play. but the nearest game on my radar is 2 or 3 months out. I checked into going back to destiny but meh.

yah know Spelldazer is right though. just hitting them in the pocket book is as good as quitting.

I understand, and totally get it. glad you are not deleting all your characters. sometimes things turn around. and if you change your mind you're always welcomed back. I'm not entirely sure the game is going to survive this though. it really is a ghost town for a friday.

yah know Spelldazer is right though. just hitting them in the pocket book is as good as quitting.

Well, as much as I hate to say it. I'm not seeing the "ghost town" and mass exodus. Wod was consistently 4 or less instances before Underdark. It has been consistently 5-7 and even hit 8 once yesterday. IWD has had good crowds and if you try to do HE's in any of the EE zones, it is almost impossible. As those are the areas I spend the most time in, I can't comment on the others.

I like the game and really like some of the changes coming in the next Mod, some (at least one) of which have not been announced. Looking forward to having a full Drowcraft set, upgraded to Elemental early next week. So, I'll stick around, but the wallet is closed for now and some time to come. I will cost them money to keep me entertained and hit 'em where it hurts.
    Actually, it is better than quitting because while you play, you are costing the company money. Playing takes up server time, hardware, electricity. Sure, it's not a lot, but it counts. If 50k players show up to play but put 0 $$$ in the game, it's far better than 50 showing up and they just take down some of their hardware to cut expenses. Also, if a majority pull out of the game, they may just kill the game, which is a loss to all.

Anyway, it's important to remember it's just a game and one that you can play for free. Coals use a gamification concept known as compulsion. You've started progressing and therefore you feel you must complete your progress. Thing is, you don't actually need to do this. You don't need to buy coals and rubies to play the game and you don't need top enchants or BiS gear. They're differentiators and that makes us want them. You only truly need those if you must solo content or must have bragging rights. As most so called end gamers in the guild can attest, it is more than possible for a premade group of fairly new 70s to successfully run through all of the epic content.

Think about it for a moment. The game is mostly about running around killing monsters and using that to "upgrade" your toon. That is again a gamification concept meant to get you to invest money. You build up your character in order to run the higher level content with ease. It becomes too easy and you get bored. So they add harder content with new hard to achieve BiS gear to get you to feel like you must upgrade. But really it just puts you back at square one--running through content in order to make it easier to run through the same exact content. Example: You ran drowned shore until you were sick of it. Oh, but wait...there is a new artifact you can only get if you run drowned shore again. And again. And again. Ok. Sure. Let's do that.

My point is if you like the game for what it is, play it as such and don't fall prey to the psychological manipulations in game.
    edited February 2016
    @spelldazer

wise words!

@zephyriah yeah, it was a ghost town right before I wrote that. LOL. I was in manitol and there were like 20 instances with 2 people in each one. but then I came back an hour later and they were all full. I was probably coming in on the end of a server belch and didn't know it.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hello friends, I've a bit of news to share, mostly good, I reckon. :wink:

We all think about quitting sometimes and my time has come as well. I've fully enjoyed playing Neverwinter for 8 months and 15 days, with most of the fun coming from the guild mates and occasionally this forum. I wish I could stay a bit longer but the life is happening and I'm needed elsewhere, thank you for all your team play and kind words, you are awesome.

As a second news, Tiberius Rex @hypnatoad kindly agreed to continue leading the guild. She will need all your support to ensure that Casual Gamers remains truly the best guild for casual players.

Once again, thank you, and have a very good time playing your favorite game with your friends at Casual Gamers.

@ randomDigits
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    @randomdigits#2166 Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. It's been fun to run with you. I hope our paths cross again some day.
    @randomdigits#2166 We will miss you. Good luck in all you do. thanks for everything.
    Sad to see you go, randomDigits.

Thanks for setting up a guild that is newbie friendly, yet able to get events and goals done. A place where we can share resources, find friends and work together - all without the drama and pressure that most guilds this large contain.
    When my old guild imploded I looked for a long time for a guild that we could feel comfortable in. I tried a few, but most had clicky hierarchies or weekly requirements that made me back away. But this is a guild of equals - and it's great to be able to play at your own pace, while being free to help out (or ask for help) as time permits.

I hope you keep the memories of what you built, rather than the bad taste of the past fortnight.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
This discussion has been closed.