test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future Looking Good

bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
Thanks Devs, not sure if y'all see these much, but thanks. The game is getting much better all the time. Can't wait to start some new characters and bring them up through the dungeons again. Y'all have my support. I do want to mention Elven Battle Enchant dissolving chill stacks very rapidly and negating damage a cw can throw downrange. Would love to see some love for the cw soon.
Silverhand

Comments

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    bedwyer said:

Thanks Devs, not sure if y'all see these much, but thanks. The game is getting much better all the time. ...

I agree

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

bedwyer said:

Thanks Devs, not sure if y'all see these much, but thanks. The game is getting much better all the time. ...

I agree

And i agree too!!!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I would have agreed...except for their decision to basically kill off the Foundry.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    My expectations for this game plummeted with Mod 6, so now my hopes are rarely dashed by whatever shenanigans Cryptic come up with.

This glass is definitely half empty.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    It's getting better? Sure, the worst can get worse huh?!
    Yeah, I'm negative you say. Still we've got

-Next to all dunegons removed
    -all Sets with valuable boni removed
    -no diversity, therefore no theorycrafting
    -no challenge, because power creep
    -no FOUNDRY!
    -rising amount of Pay 2 Win
    -broken classes
    -broken sets
    -broken skills
    -onesided PvP 9 ouzt of 10 times
    -no professions with a true longtime benefit, no further crafting system
    -next to no solo content for casuals
    -no Loot, therefore no real economy
    -no progress for the "beta players"

On the bright side we will get

The most boring dungeon of all time: Cloak Tower
    The second most boring dungeon of all time: Caverns of Karrundax
    The shortest dungeon of all time (beware eToS :P ): Pirate King
    The second shortest dungeon of all time: Frozen Heart

Castle Never (ok, this is actually something)

Yes, you are right. We are heading into a bright future...
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • gotchapunkazzgotchapunkazz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    lol what do you expect guys..its craptic..they idea of new content is new lock boxes for u to pay 2 open...thats the limit of they're imagination....sad really....that craptic gets the license for good ideas and games like sto and neverwinter..and basicly flushes them down the craptastic crapper
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Actually the future looks very bad. No new epic dungeons except CN. The ones we're getting are the normal versions for leveling.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    vida44 wrote: »
    Actually the future looks very bad. No new epic dungeons except CN. The ones we're getting are the normal versions for leveling.

I can confirm that this is indeed true. I've managed to grasp at the straws, waiting for the return of my favorite dungeons, but the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly fading from view.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Yeah, I don't understand this. Who really wanted low level dungeons? They should have numbers on how many people bother with the three man dungeons we already have. People only run ToS for daily AD on alts and that's pretty much it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    adinosii said:

I would have agreed...except for their decision to basically kill off the Foundry.

Patience comrade...we thought the solo player was dead and dead but that not only is it coming back but is a focus of development...I would bet foundry is being worked on strongly as the solo content was. No one knew until now that it was right?...I also bet foundry will come come back and with changes that many many have recommended and demanded and, with rewards for players to actually DESIRE to engage.

As I said before, positive change is in the air and its spreading.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    linoge63 wrote: »

Patience comrade...we thought the solo player was dead and dead but that not only is it coming back but is a focus of development...I would bet foundry is being worked on strongly as the solo content was. No one knew until now that it was right?...I also bet foundry will come come back and with changes that many many have recommended and demanded and, with rewards for players to actually DESIRE to engage.

You must be kidding, right? There's only one good thing next module so far and that is the stables. If you want a game with solo content, well, you're playing the wrong genre of game - It's called an MMO because its... a Massive Multiplayer Online game. Not a Massive Single Player Online Game (MSPO?)​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016

linoge63 said:

You must be kidding, right? There's only one good thing next module so far and that is the stables. If you want a game with solo content, well, you're playing the wrong genre of game - It's called an MMO because its... a Massive Multiplayer Online game. Not a Massive Single Player Online Game (MSPO?)​​
    Such a typical stereotype for an MMO you have there. Sad to see people still stereotyping MMOs since the late 90's. MMOs have and always will be about persistence, not some short-sighted perception that just because Multiplayer is in the title, that it means all those who play have to play together. Think outside the box folks.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    zebular said:

linoge63 wrote: »

Such a typical stereotype for an MMO you have there. Sad to see people still stereotyping MMOs since the late 90's. MMOs have and always will be about persistence, not some short-sighted perception that just because Massively Multiplayer is in the title it means all those have to play together. Think outside the box folks.

It is also a mistake to design solely for the people who want to play solo, since a large number of players play a MMO because of the multiplayer aspect.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016

It is also a mistake to design solely for the people who want to play solo, since a large number of players play a MMO because of the multiplayer aspect.

Which is irrelevant to the topic for this game is not designed solely either way. "Focus on" and "solely" are a far cry from one another.

• silinvhinegurusilinvhineguru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    ^ Katamaster81899 has the wrong line of thinking, but that doesnt make the point most others are making any less valid. Solo content is fine. And for an MMO type to be successful, it needs to appeal to a large variety of players. Thats already been proven. But adding a more friendly solo environment and an easier time leveling means nothing at all if the majority of your player base is already past that point and needs more stuff to accomplish.
    Adding a single solo friendly campaign is a good step for helping both people who love to solo and (hopefully) also eases the transition from 60-70 that most people seem to dislike. But its only a single campaign. A very small portion of content in contrast to whats already there. And making the 1-70 leveling process easier doesn't help much if the majority is already at 70 and leaving because of lack of content.
    Added leveling dungeons and a solo friendly campaign (and new mount system) are all very nice icing on the cake, to what was going to be the best patch in years. But failing to scale them so that they are available as epics, and even worse, not adding anything at all above the standtard tier 2 difficulty and ilevel req, has single handedly made Mod 9 into something I totally dont care about at all. And it seems most people so far feel the same.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Not getting better fast enough. People are not going to stick around for yet another year. It simply is not wise to invest money in a game with an unforeseeable future. With the foundry left in a mess and nothing but epic demo or what not, there's nothing left. Definitely not pvp, that's been made even worst if you could imagine if that was possible.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The Maze Engine truly was looking to be the best offering since Icewind Dale (not counting the pvp idea) but the revelation about the dungeons coming back as leveling ones only gives me just the mount rework to look forward to, which won't keep me in-game for very long.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    the dungeons that will be back will be back on both normal and epic versions?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    bedwyer said:

Thanks Devs, not sure if y'all see these much, but thanks. The game is getting much better all the time. Can't wait to start some new characters and bring them up through the dungeons again. Y'all have my support. I do want to mention Elven Battle Enchant dissolving chill stacks very rapidly and negating damage a cw can throw downrange. Would love to see some love for the cw soon.

Really made me laugh out loud, glad I just surf the forums these days. :D
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User

reiwulf said:

4 LEveling Dungeons and Castle never as the Epic

pff ... -_-
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Since NW is a f2p game, Cryptic is critically dependent on attracting players that will spend money on the game.

I do not have access to the relevant statistics, but do you think it is new players or the old hands that contribute most income to the game?

Whatever endgame content there is probably is there just to give people the impression that there is a future in the game beyond the levelling process. In reality Cryptic is losing money on people that stay in the game beyond their initial levelling-and-gearing up process, so those should not be encouraged to stay...
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Since NW is a f2p game, Cryptic is critically dependent on attracting players that will spend money on the game.

I do not have access to the relevant statistics, but do you think it is new players or the old hands that contribute most income to the game?

Whatever endgame content there is probably is there just to give people the impression that there is a future in the game beyond the levelling process. In reality Cryptic is losing money on people that stay in the game beyond their initial levelling-and-gearing up process, so those should not be encouraged to stay...

Maybe if Cryptic didn't constantly p!$$ off their long-time playerbase we would be more open to spending more often. Hell I was on the verge of buying 2k zen before I heard about the dungeon bombshell. Now my wallet will stay closed.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    What blows me away is the announcement of zero Foundry announcements for the next 11 months: only bugfixes. Come on, guys, you can't even add any costumes? Just one a month would be something, and that absolutely, positively *has* to be a purely data-driven exercise. Yes, there is the check-in and testing process, but let's get real: one new costume a month? Is it really that hard?

I'd even settle for just a "none" option on costume slots. Then I could at least put nonhuman NPC's properly into peasant clothes.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Maybe noone on the staff knows how the foundry is programmed so making foundry additions of any kind is beyond their resource skill/availability?