test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Neverwinter: The Maze Engine!

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I have a very bad feeling the majority are going to be disappointed with a revamped CN.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    They're going to release all these dungeons and everyone will go straight back to running eToS and elol a month later : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Let me think a little bit, if "It’s been one of the things everyone (including those on the dev team) has been asking for since they went away." What Hell the old DGs has been removed ?
    Whatever, i hope have no "shi***" this time, cause have a lot of ppl (old ppl) dont play NW cause the bugs and the mistakes
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    urabask wrote: »
    They're going to release all these dungeons and everyone will go straight back to running eToS and elol a month later : |

If my SH mimic wasn't so hungry for surplus equip I wouldn't even darken the door of that place as of now. So much over-saturation.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    For the love of Mystra, more character creation options, please!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

For the love of Mystra, more character creation options, please!

I'd love better hair options than the 50% granny hairstyles they have to offer.

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    This is some great news. Little nervous on the mount revamp but it could be exciting. Happy for more dungeons and a single player campaign...bring it on!
  • Options
    jrojasbjrojasb Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Monk class?
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    and warlocks are place on hold once again, no class balance/rewark on mod 9
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Cool, nice to see that coming,
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    thom517thom517 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    About time we Solo players received some attention !!!!
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    jrojasb said:

Monk class?

Some of these questions can be answered here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/43v4gh/developer_ama_on_neverwinter_the_maze_engine/

But Im re interested in the game with dungeons coming back, hopefully they give good reason to run them too.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Nice, one little thing I hope you comment on in the mounts piece. What about those of us who got +110 mounts that happened to be blue rather than purple (founders packs) ? Are we going to be discriminated against in the upgrade ?

You have nothing to worry about.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Two sides:

*The bright side: It's very nice to se a good portion of dungeons coming back (not sure about the revamps) and I'm very excited about the new Mod/content. Even more after the Epic... emmm, sorry!, I mean... Mythic Fail of Elemental Evil, generic boredom of SH and tiny content sensation of Underdark. Nevermind, I wish you the best of lucks to develop a great Mod!

*The dark side:
    Dress it as you wish but it's like a politician telling lies. ALL dungeons should already be back in their original but lvl 70 versions and you should be creating NEW ones (LoL was last one, Mod 4... MOD 4!!!). You have a bunch of skirmishes to use them all, remember that too. We need more funny (not farmy) level 70 content. We can understand your hard work and may be lack of time, etc, but you should talk to us seeing directly to our eyes, not to the floor. Also, I hope not but the mount system sounds kinda unfair for the weak peoble.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    Well, not sure about all this here... have to wait and see, how it turns out on the live server in the end.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    melkelzedekmelkelzedek Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    It is always good for a game to have new content. However, as a new player I think the biggest problem with the game is at level 70 pvp. There needs to be a sorter so that newbs like myself are not put against seasoned players which have so many points in skills and gear upgrades that we cannot get a win. A sorter could put the newbs or low 70's together and keep the masters against each other until we at least get the first set of 70 pvp gear which requires wins in domination. The way it is now premades of skilled players go against pug groups of new 70 players, very ugly for the newbs and very boring I would imagine for the old players. Work on that and you may keep a lot more people in the game. Just my opinion, everyone has one I am sure, but the pvp is a fun killer for me since I have hit the 70 mark.
  • Options
    kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    From what I gathered in dev Q&A you can get 140% mount speed on all mounts ONLY if you already own a legendary mount. All non combat active legendaries are being hoarded by everyone expecting retroactive bonuses added to them. It's very bad design to attach a speed upgrade to a lockbox mount very few lucky/rich people will get.
    Expect to see BIS mounts for each class, which means now best "gear" in the game can only be acquired from a lockbox at an atrocious drop rate.
  • Options
    garrolgarrol Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I really don't understand some people's admiration. First you remove all dungeons, and now added SAME dungeon. Processed - yes, but how much time has passed?

I was hurt to see that the game is still not completed yet the balance between classes. Even within the same class, there is one and only one correct set, otherwise you - outsider. But game mechanics allow the varieties: like trapper branch (for ranger) directed to Crowd Control, range - for DPS, melee - for Tanking.

But that's not should be mix all these role in one charecter.

I hope new update WILL NOT bring only new artifat weapon and unlimited item's enhancement !

Better equipment sustem was in first 3 modules - where there was no artifact equipment.
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Great news! Very nice upcoming changes.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    For the first time since April, I can say I am totally stoked on the game. The return of most of the dungeons with a refresh of CN--these are all new content for me. I hadn't done the dungeons yet when they went away and have been waiting with baited breath.

Additional new content and mount upgrades. Yeeeeeha!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    feel free to send me an email when this "we are looking into balance" will actually happen
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Some nice stuff. Nice to see the mounts changes. And the dungeons coming back. Also nice to read the news about them noticing how SH siege is in need of a rework. I think they will work on the more evident class balance issues during module 9. I really hope they will do a good job, and a real rebalance more than an old-style nerf. We'll see. Good news so far. Let's hope for the best.
  • Options
    snickers8848snickers8848 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    please tell me you are not tired of pve? pve,I'm from Russian server ,I'm interested in valid tournaments between guilds,and not to pass some new and old pve even 1000 times,the horror,how do you support this?
  • Options
    snickers8848snickers8848 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why not make tournaments between guilds will be much more interesting something new to add,it's not always the same one pve implemented into the game
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    garrol said:

I really don't understand some people's admiration. First you remove all dungeons, and now added SAME dungeon. Processed - yes, but how much time has passed?

I was hurt to see that the game is still not completed yet the balance between classes. Even within the same class, there is one and only one correct set, otherwise you - outsider. But game mechanics allow the varieties: like trapper branch (for ranger) directed to Crowd Control, range - for DPS, melee - for Tanking.

But that's not should be mix all these role in one charecter.

I hope new update WILL NOT bring only new artifat weapon and unlimited item's enhancement !

Better equipment sustem was in first 3 modules - where there was no artifact equipment.

Content only matters if people run it and if this content had remained in the game no one would be running it. So it's "new" enough in the ways that matter to be worth getting excited over.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @strumslinger
    @goatshark

Well, looks like 2 updates in a row with some nice fixes to the game as you rethink some stuff. Tarmalune bar fix last mod was awesome and changes to mounts in particular has me excited. And while I'd love to see you add 100 D&D module style quests to this game, you don't need to. Why? Because a simple fix to the Foundry brings this aspect forward as a strong centerpiece to this game.

As such, I encourage you and the developers to make the following VERY easy fix to Foundry:

- create a Boon chart like the campaigns and PVP that you purchase Foundry Boon upgrades with tokens
    - award Foundry Tokens upon completion of a Foundry quest (1-3) depending upon length/difficulty of quest
    - award Tarmalune Bars (0, 1 or 2) depending upon length/difficulty of quest
    - bring back the 4000 AD for completing 4 Foundry quests
    - make tipping mandatory by starting with 50AD mininum for tips. Players will make 1000AD per quest if 4000AD for 4 comes back, so tipping 5% minimum can really add up for the creator and give them further motivation to create more amazing content

DONE! That's it, that's all you have to do! Please consider this as the Foundry has some of the most amazing content in the game and creates endless variety for the player base. All it's missing is to provide proper motivation for people to play and people to continue creating.
  • Options
    zephshadowsingerzephshadowsinger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As a predominantly solo player, I can't wait to see what this offers us.... And love the mount revamp.
  • Options
    bannikusbannikus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    My thoughts: Concerning the dungeons returning--I hope the Cloak Tower is one of them. It needed rehauling in the collection of flowers and gems to open the extra chests. Nearly every time I did that dungeon one jerk would pick up a quest item and leave the dungeon before placing it,making it impossible to open one chest.

Concerning the mounts--Everything sounds awesome,but I would also like a chance to DYE my mount :-) Perhaps add two fashion slots: 1. a special saddle that can be dyed with the usual 3 areas,..primary,secondary,and accents. 2. Body slot where you can dye the body of the mount with 3 areas--body,mane/tail and eyes