test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Looking forward to the site. Will we have our own forum there? Let me know if you need help with content editing.

Incidentally, I am having the worst luck pugging t2 runs. Epic fail after epic fail. Anyone interested in doing a concentrated effort to get seals of protector? Would be nice to get a group to farm with. Have bank and ~2.4 TR Executioner.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Here are the quick links you can use to access Casual Gamers on Facebook, Twitter and the site:
    This forum thread: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-forum
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-fb
    Twitter: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-twit
    Weebly site: http://tinyurl.com/casualgamers-site

Also, my congratulations on building the first boon!
    To enable it for your character got to Character > Boons > Stronghold > Defense > Temple.
    That should increase your LifeSteal by 800.
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • turner2k7mjturner2k7mj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well done on our first boon . I'm going to keep adding ad to get a head start on the next
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Good suggestion about the ZAX trading. Remember that UD (Underdark) is also coming fairly soon, so stocking up on Zen is a good idea in a short or long term. If you catch the right time it drops to 120-125 AD during the day too.

Managed to get a bunch at 118AD each early in the week. That's going to work out well. B)

The lottery avoidance is not a hard and fast rule, but just a feeling that it may not be the most efficient way of re-distributing wealth among the guild members. Do you suggest we use it on top of the guild mail to draw more people to Twitter/Facebook? I am a bit skeptical about these (for many reasons, sorry!) but I'd totally help with that if there are people who like socializing on these sites.

Fair call - And thinking about it more, it invites drama. Who can enter? How do you choose? Can officers enter - and if so, is that favoritism?
    It would just be nice to get that extra level of engagement - but having experienced the murder-train that was riding around the strong hold last night, perhaps the best method is just more of that stuff.

I'm with Random on this. although I'd be on the hard and fast side of the coin. :) this is a 100% way to invite in drama. If people want to join in on twitter or facebook, good for them.. but I'm not interested in forcing anyone. another surefire way to invite drama. I've seen that in an old guild/clan I was involved in. telling people they must do something rarely works in your favor(we lost over half our guild in the fallout). and even if a lottery to get people to join got people to join that's no guarantee of participation or that they'd even stay. If someone is likely to join and participate they'll do so of their own accord.

and yay on the first boon! good going everyone!
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • jokemaster13#5080 jokemaster13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi can I join your Guild? My Neverwinter id is jokemaster@MisterRuud. I'm a level 29 Great Weapon Fighter an looking for a great group of people to do some casual playing?
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    @spelldazer Yea, I will be adding a forum, links to classes, info, a blog. Everything
    @firepats12#3687 Cool. Let me know if you need help with any of that.
  • vanak#0834 vanak Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Are you guys still looking for gamers to join, if so I'd like to join, reading the description of the guild and this sounds right up my alley.
    @vanak#0834 What is your character name and gamertag(exact spelling). In this form: Character@Gamertag
  • vanak#0834 vanak Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Vanak@RaspyBl3nd3r
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Well, I was wrong about the zen price hitting 150ad.
    Really surprised. Given the excitement around the Axe Beak (and the prices they're going for on the market), I was sure that the sale on lockbox keys would drive the Zen price right up... but maybe people are just buying Zen directly for keys, or maybe I overestimated the lure of the Axe Beak.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
    Well Axe Beak isn't that great, so I don't know why anyone would try uber hard to get one. But yea, I think most people are just buying ZEN. Xbox will not get like PC EVER. Xbox people buy the things they want straight up, they don't "play" the Zen market, or 98% of them don't at least.
    Since Christmas it's been bobbing between about 119 and 130 pretty reliably, so playing the market has been both risk free and profitable for me. But YMMV, of course.

Axe Beak is amazing for PVP'ers. Even for PvE - 4000 Armor Pen is WAY more than you need, and it would mean that you could just ignore that stat on your companions/gear and focus on other stuff. Boarders on pay to win, really
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
    edited February 2016
    I'm a student of personality types. different personality types get their jollies from different thing. playing the zen market is one of the things that really gives this game an edge against everything else out there. I probably wouldn't still be playing 8 months later if it weren't for the market and lockboxes. LOL. I am an unusual personality type though. INTJ. Since I'm on this topic. If I ever come across as unreasonably harsh linguistically or strangely ignoring a feeling concept that others wouldn't miss that's why. I've tried to learn to temper how I come across to others over the years but it's not something I naturally "get"

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I think it's likely that the ones who most likely get a kick from playing the market have the T in their four letter code.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    Im the kind who clicked that linked, scrolled down to see how long it was, then clicked out lol
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

I'm a student of personality types. different personality types get their jollies from different thing. playing the zen market is one of the things that really gives this game an edge against everything else out there. I probably wouldn't still be playing 8 months later if it weren't for the market and lockboxes. LOL. I am an unusual personality type though. INTJ. Since I'm on this topic. If I ever come across as unreasonably harsh linguistically or strangely ignoring a feeling concept that others wouldn't miss that's why. I've tried to learn to temper how I come across to others over the years but it's not something I naturally "get"

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I think it's likely that the ones who most get a kick from playing the market have the T in their four letter code.

That too lists me as INFJ, for what it's worth. Pretty much to the "T" or lack there-of. ;)

I am an unusual personality type though. INTJ.
    I think it's likely that the ones who most get a kick from playing the market have the T in their four letter code.

Not a fan of that test format, but I'm ISFP. Perhaps the Feeling rather than thinking is why I got that wrong - it FEELS like that price should be going up!
    :p
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • dean1975#6161 dean1975 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    ISTP for me!!! Funny how gamers always get that I in there :-)

ISTP for me!!! Funny how gamers always get that I in there :-)

hah, I know right!
    here is the go to hasty cleric build http://mmominds.com/2015/10/21/xbox-mod6-elitecloud04s-haste-dc/ for shadowmulder
    *shadowmolder
    whoops yeah x-files just started up. Got mulder on the mind. LOL
    edited February 2016
    Looking forward to running some epics to take advantage of the 2x Seals.

(Also - given the news about the mounts, we should be aiming for the stable sooner rather than later.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9773703-developer-blog:-the-new-mount-system )
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
    Me too. Need t2 seals in a bad way.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Looking forward to running some epics to take advantage of the 2x Seals.

(Also - given the news about the mounts, we should be aiming for the stable sooner rather than later.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9773703-developer-blog:-the-new-mount-system )

That "stable" appears to be a totally different from the guildhall stable.
    zephyriah said:

Yes and no - the mount system is independent of any 'stable' location, so we can swap speeds/abilities/attacks whenever we like. But the way I understand the the SH Stable is where the Insignias are done.

I'll keep an eye out for clarification, but if you find anything official I'd love to see it.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.

zephyriah said:

Yes and no - the mount system is independent of any 'stable' location, so we can swap speeds/abilities/attacks whenever we like. But the way I understand the the SH Stable is where the Insignias are done.

I'll keep an eye out for clarification, but if you find anything official I'd love to see it.
    This is the most specific public comment. It doesn't cover where Insignia's are made or acquired, but states the new stable is where they are attached.

https://reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/43v4gh/developer_ama_on_neverwinter_the_maze_engine/czlqap2
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You will have 2 new tabs on your character screen, MOUNT and STABLE.
    To me that sound like just another bag-type of interface, nothing to do with the Stronghold structures.

P.S. Found it after I wrote my message: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9773703-developer-blog:-the-new-mount-system

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    Cheers, guys - I was quite confused.

That seems... odd. Although I guess we already have several other shops and services we access directly from our menus.
    FWIW, if bugs me that the vault of piety is a menu option and not a place you need to visit.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.

Cheers, guys - I was quite confused.

That seems... odd. Although I guess we already have several other shops and services we access directly from our menus.
    FWIW, if bugs me that the vault of piety is a menu option and not a place you need to visit.

Vault of Piety seems weird to me, too. They could have put an NPC in PE like the Wondrous Bazaar merchant. I would never use it, but it should be there.

Now for the main point, for information about the new mount system. Mod 9: The Maze Engine is now live on the preview shard. Alpha forum discussions are closed to the public and fall under an NDA. Preview shard discussions do not, but discussion should be kept to that forum. So, you may wish to follow this/these thread(s) in the preview forum.

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1211745/official-feedback-thread-mount-system

This thread may also bear watching

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1211728/official-feedback-thread-stronghold-economy-changes

Keep in mind, that changes may/will occur.

This discussion has been closed.