test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of known and suspected CW bugs.

Comments

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Icy ray is certainly an encounter. An at will is an at will only if you could use it at will :), i.e. no cool down. There is also a clear color difference in your power window. The at will slots are also pretty clearly indicate which power is an at will. An at will will have a bonus from artifact weapon. But that is just a common perspective I believe.

If you think icy ray has certain characteristics of at will, that could be an argument. I can only guess they are all bugs which fits to the topic.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • famoira#2492 famoira Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    how too fix icy rays manual:

1. slot them NOT in mastery
    2. use them once
    3. after you used them once change them with your encounter you got on mastery
    4. icy rays are now affected by spell twisting
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    So today I specced into frozen power transfer to test it again and, correct me if I am wrong, it doesn't appear to be stacking. You can get 1 stack of the buff, but no more.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The "stacking" is referring to the amount of mobs you hit with the 3rd strike. You can hit up to 3 monsters, so it stacks 5% up to 3 times based on how many you hit at once.

edit: I realized I mistinterpreted what you said, just woke up, sorry.
  • nimrosnimros Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I've just respecced to MOF Thaum (3 feats in Oppressor) and also noticed that Fanning the Flame does not proc Elemental Reinforcement. I get two stacks, one for Arcane and one for Cold, but not one for Fire. And Twisting Immolation/ Scorching Burst don't give me a stack for the fire damage either. I am using Fanning the Flame (Tab), Shard, Icy Terrain and Steal Time. Was going to start a new thread about this, but I'm glad it's already been mentioned, as I am never sure if it's something I am doing wrong.
    Is this a new thing? Or have we only just started to notice it?
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Bug has been around since mod 6 came out, same with Icy Terrain not dealing damage to frozen targets or even 99% of the other bugs. They have been reported multiple times, same with other classes bugs, general bugs, etc.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    This isnt a CW bug, but it affects us in a major way.

Elven battle REMOVES all chill stacks in like 0.5 seconds. This means that alot of our damage is not working on anyone using Elven. You cant freeze a DC, you dont get the damage from chilling presence etc. Also makes harder to apply smolder as fire mage since you need the chill stacks for that.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    A thing that bugs me (pun intended) is that after I use the teleporting step after I reappear there is a short time (around 1 sec) while I can't use an encounter. If I try, I even get the begining of the encounter animation and the sound effect (I'm looking at you IT) but nothing hapens. It's soooooooooooooo frustrating and it makes for cumbersome spellcasting.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    That's likely tied with latency as I don't get that.
    edited February 2016
    Fanning the flame does not apply smolder unless on tab.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • tgbg#4544 tgbg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have a question: it seems that other Cw can steal a Mof's smolder. Does the stolen smolder still provide Swath debuff if the stealing Cw does not have it? And does double rimefire from 2 Cw give twice damage (1 for each cw ) and double debuff ?
  • mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User

that is not a buggg:

”You envelop your target in flame dealing damage over time. While burning, your target attracts flame from nearby targets who are affected by Smolder, causing the target to take additional damage. If those Smolder targets are killed, they deal an additional burst of damage to the Fanning the Flame target.

Spell Mastery: Now also deals reduced damage to enemies near your target, and adds Smolder to them.”

From our winterpedia. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard
    tgbg#4544 said:

I have a question: it seems that other Cw can steal a Mof's smolder. Does the stolen smolder still provide Swath debuff if the stealing Cw does not have it? And does double rimefire from 2 Cw give twice damage (1 for each cw ) and double debuff ?

it depends on the mech of SoT, but i think the debuff is viable only for the CW with SoT slotted, cause stealed smolder is apllied (not refreshed) without SoT slotted, so it has no debuff component, but, who knows...

that is not a buggg:

”You envelop your target in flame dealing damage over time. While burning, your target attracts flame from nearby targets who are affected by Smolder, causing the target to take additional damage. If those Smolder targets are killed, they deal an additional burst of damage to the Fanning the Flame target.

Spell Mastery: Now also deals reduced damage to enemies near your target, and adds Smolder to them.”

From our winterpedia. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard
    tgbg#4544 said:

it depends on the mech of SoT, but i think the debuff is viable only for the CW with SoT slotted, cause stealed smolder is apllied (not refreshed) without SoT slotted, so it has no debuff component, but, who knows...
    Ah yeah, forgive me for that, ive always had the impression that its supposed to add smolder off tab.
  • dakwa1dakwa1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Title self explanatory.

Disintegrate - Does half the damage listed on tool tip

​​
    I've found this works great until level 65, then it drops drastically. Now at 69, where this once was one of my best spells, this is one I am thinking of changing, due to the low damage.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Imprisionment dont work on any foes.

Im related this months ago.
    Devs need fix, beceuse it would be very useful in Underdark.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    dakwa1 said:

Title self explanatory.

​​

Disintegrate .......
    I've found this works great until level 65, then it drops drastically. Now at 69, where this once was one of my best spells, this is one I am thinking of changing, due to the low damage.
    The tool tip for Disintegrate is potential max damage if the target is below 40% health and possibly combined with thum feat for extra damage it target is below 30% thats why you see such a large range ..using it when the target is not frozen and below that health will result in low damage and is improper use of the spell ...also in pvp that potential damage is even less due to tenacity etc
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    Conduit of ice in mastery seems to need line of sight at all time with the target to work properly.

Go into the barracks (the place where you cash in glory) and use conduit of ice on a dummy in the side room. Move to the right of the central room, in a way you are between the lone dummy and the originally targeted dummy (and with a wall obstructing the sight). See how your conduit of ice now hit the unrelated dummy and not any of the previous dummies. Super odd bug.
    Smolder damage seems too static. I dont see notable difference between smolder (3k and 4k) on frozen dummy and normal one while other things like disintegrate have huge rise in damage with frozen targets. Can someone test whether smolder get boosted by anything other than swath or not?
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Chilling presence doesn't effect the damage of smoulder or rimefire.

Swath of destruction and combustive action don't stack correctly for smoulder/rimefire - smoulder/rimefire damage decreases when you cast your daily and apply the combustive action debuff apparently overriding the damage buff from swath of destruction.
    Is that intended? If not then this is a serious bug, resulting in big damage lost. Swath and CA is another big bug too for debuff Mof.
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Yeah, as somebody mentioned, still no arcane stack from disintegrate.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    @terramak @strumslinger

Anything you wanna add? Read the latest comments in this thread and you see how broken CW is. And now when you nerf Lostm set we really needs some fixing and buffs... I mean so many main powers and feats are broken.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    - Confirming that Sudden Storm sometimes completely misses the targets in the heat of the battle. This is not due to lag.
    - Confirming that Icy Terrain level 4 might still be buggy, but varies from account to account. Bugs are [no chill] and [no damage]. Procs always worked perfectly on all occasions. Tested on multiple occasions in various runs and forms.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I think that in the confirmed bug we can put glacial movement too...only 20% in total, instead of 20% per rank for orb of imposition
    Post edited by tholan#1688 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    dakwa1 said:

Title self explanatory.

​​
    maybe they messed with the code and they made disintegrate to deal the tooltip damage when it meet the hp thresold for instant kill. i have noticed many times my disintegrate damage greatly increased when monster or player near to die.
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Warped Magics - it appears to be proccing off of Fanning the flames(so FTF maybe bugged in that it's not flagged as a fire spell and is flagged as arcane hence the issue with elemental empowerment) it's proccing off of magic missile, but I never saw it proc off of steal time.

The FTF behaviour was weird (it didn't say warped magic on the screen, but I believe the icon was coming up). So if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it.

Steal time never displayed the icon or the on screen message that I saw. I figured it would proc a lot since ST has so many ticks, and is AOE.

Also is this thread being maintained or should a new one be started?
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    I think Transcended Master gives no bonus damage to Icy Rays.... did a little testing on my own .. not using ACT... just on a dummie and with a calculator.... didnt seem to get any bonus from it at all while casting it on the same target... (judged based on casting on two targets and seeing damage...) Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Since its not documented as a mechanic, I am reporting the stacking of rimefire and smolder as a bug.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    proc different chaos magic conditions at same time? funny thing devs still think they fixed it;p.When you affected by chaos magic you cannot affected by a new chaos magic. YOU will be affected by chaotic fury 0R growth 0R nexus.
    NOte that is ok i guess to be affected by different chaos magic from other mage. but not the same person proc 2 conditions.

AND when you cast storm pilar to noone you dont deal any damage so another bug proc chaos magic.

( i report this every year;p )
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Mamal: My interpretation is they simply don't want 2x of the exact same buff. So it's fine to have all 3, just not 2x of chaos nexus for example