test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of known and suspected CW bugs.

13»

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Since its not documented as a mechanic, I am reporting the stacking of rimefire and smolder as a bug.

it becomes very strong debuff but control wizards in tiamat or edemo is very easy to break it with their chills.
    masteroga said:

Mamal: My interpretation is they simply don't want 2x of the exact same buff. So it's fine to have all 3, just not 2x of chaos nexus for example

you cannot be affected by a new chaos magic while you have chaos magic. applying two different is against the rule cannot be afffected by a new chaos magic.

THE code is bad. cannot stop if the buffs coming from differnt sources. ON mof is very often is easy to hit with an att will or encounter or anything and at the same time smolder tick. MOF example will do 2 buffs instead 1.
  • damenmofadamenmofa Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Icy Rays only benefits from Tab when casted on different targets.

Icy Terrain is able to stack Plague Fire up to six times.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

proc different chaos magic conditions at same time? funny thing devs still think they fixed it;p.When you affected by chaos magic you cannot affected by a new chaos magic. YOU will be affected by chaotic fury 0R growth 0R nexus.
    NOte that is ok i guess to be affected by different chaos magic from other mage. but not the same person proc 2 conditions.

AND when you cast storm pilar to noone you dont deal any damage so another bug proc chaos magic.

( i report this every year;p )

It happens when you cast a Chilling Cloud followed by any Proc. Proc itself adds hat little extra buff. You'd need two spell damage outputs to make a double proc.
    If another CW casted any of the given procs, you really can't recast it and refresh the procs as a renegade, but you can add the missing proc (three at a time can be activated) if you're lucky enough.
    It's not that big of a deal, though, since Arpen buff is broken anyways, and healing is not really that potent in 5 man dungeons, so the only real benefit is from the blue buff.
    Now, if Arpen buff would get fixed, now that would be a great idea. Instead of adding 30% more Arpen, how about 30% encounter cooldown reduction? Now that I would like to see :)
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    The fact that Chaos Magic has behaved this way for so long likely means the tooltip is wrong, not the mechanic. It makes more sense this way too....since it's only a chance. It would be a very under powered end cap if changed to both a chance and 1 boost at a time maximum.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    masteroga said:

The fact that Chaos Magic has behaved this way for so long likely means the tooltip is wrong, not the mechanic. It makes more sense this way too....since it's only a chance. It would be a very under powered end cap if changed to both a chance and 1 boost at a time maximum.

Actually, back in mod 5 they made some changes to try and prevent multiple procs from happening but they still are, which implies that the mechanic is broken and its not the tooltip which is wrong.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Disintegrate's tooltip always assumes you have 5 stacks of arcane mastery, a bug to add to the list.
    damenmofa said:

Icy Terrain is able to stack Plague Fire up to six times.

This is a visual glitch btw. Although the nameplate displays 6 stacks, the effectiveness stays the same.

• flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    damenmofa said:

It are not bug.
    But I think devs need change. > .>

damenmofa said:

It are not bug.
    But I think devs need change. > .>

Yes, i was wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

Icy Rays simply deals more overall damage when casted on different targets yet the damage does not increase at all when tabbed despite the tooltip saying otherwise. The only thing Spellmastery seems to do is shooting 3 instead of 2 arrows and thus adding 3 instead of 2 stacks of chill.
    ICY rays marking should give stack of spell twisting.
    THE logic is based on steal time u use the half steal time you cancel it and you get a stack.