test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of known and suspected CW bugs.

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited February 2016 in The Library
Title self explanatory.

Confirmed Bugs:
  • Conduit of Ice displays 0 damage procs. Suspected to be a visual bug.
  • Owlbear Cub - procs off of stormspell, chill stacks, conduit of ice zero procs
  • Owlbear Cub - 0 dmg ticks
  • Tooltips - oh god I don't know where to start there are too many bugs
  • Lostmauth set - getting zero damage procs on this too
  • Lostmauth set - saw this proccing multiple times on one attack (chilling cloud against a single dummy)
  • Storm Spell - Being procced by chill
  • Spell Twisting - certain powers do not add any stacks, others add multiple stacks. I believe @thefabricant has done more in-depth testing of this. I know that I was able to get 3 stacks from Shard, and that Icy Rays didn't have any stacks at all.
  • Disintegrate - Does half the damage listed on tool tip
  • Encounters - Many encounters have different damage values in the encounter bar than whats listed in the Powers sheet.
  • Elemental Reinforcement - Fanning the flame does not count for fire bonus
  • Sudden Storm - When placed in spell mastery, if use while EoTS is up, it transfers the EoTS bonus to all of the enemies it strikes. In other words, it gives the enemies it hits 100% crit chance for 6-8 seconds.
  • Icy Terrain does no damage against frozen enemies.
  • Death Slaad- being procced by Fanning the Flame and Icy Terrain
  • Fanning The Flame - Does not apply smolder
  • Chill - Stacks are removed by elven battle enchantment (Most likely the reason chill doesn't stack on enemies such as Dragon Empowerers in dragonflight)
  • Frozen Power Transfer - currently does not stack

Suspected Bugs:

I'll work on this later, I'm just posting things I discover while testing.​​
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by katamaster81899 on

Comments

• mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Elemental Reinforcement and Fanning the Flame:
    Fire element DMG bonus not aplied on Fanning the Flame cast.
    Lightening element DMG buff - unable to trigger at all.

I thin those buffs should proc on fire/arcane/cold/light DMG dealing, and not encounter casts, cause we do not have any proper fire or light encounters.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Elemental Reinforcement and Fanning the Flame:
    Fire element DMG bonus not aplied on Fanning the Flame cast.
    Lightening element DMG buff - unable to trigger at all.

I thin those buffs should proc on fire/arcane/cold/light DMG dealing, and not encounter casts, cause we do not have any proper fire or light encounters.

Are you sure sudden storm doesn't proc the lightning one?​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker

No, sorry for the inexactity, i am MoF and can not tell if it procs.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Title self explanatory.

Confirmed Bugs:

• Conduit of Ice displays 0 damage procs. Don't know why, or how.
    • Owlbear Cub - procs off of stormspell, chill stacks, conduit of ice zero procs
    • Owlbear Cub - 0 dmg ticks
    • Tooltips - oh god I don't know where to start there are too many bugs
    • Lostmauth set - getting zero damage procs on this too
    • Lostmauth set - saw this proccing multiple times on one attack (chilling cloud against a single dummy)
    • Storm Spell - Being procced by chill
    • Spell Twisting - certain powers do not add any stacks, others add multiple stacks. I believe @thefabricant has done more in-depth testing of this. I know that I was able to get 3 stacks from Shard, and that Icy Rays didn't have any stacks at all.
    • Disintegrate - Does half the damage listed on tool tip
    • Encounters - Many encounters have different damage values in the encounter bar than whats listed in the Powers sheet.
    • Elemental Reinforcement - Fanning the flame does not count for fire bonus,

Suspected Bugs:
    • Elemental Reinforcement - lightning bonus cannot be procced

I'll work on this later, I'm just posting things I discover while testing.​​
    All the tooltips are wrong, for all the classes, but its nice that you give disintegrate a special spot there :p
    Title self explanatory.

Confirmed Bugs:

Conduit of Ice displays 0 damage procs. Don't know why, or how.
    Owlbear Cub - procs off of stormspell, chill stacks, conduit of ice zero procs
    Owlbear Cub - 0 dmg ticks
    Tooltips - oh god I don't know where to start there are too many bugs
    Lostmauth set - getting zero damage procs on this too
    Lostmauth set - saw this proccing multiple times on one attack (chilling cloud against a single dummy)
    Storm Spell - Being procced by chill
    Spell Twisting - certain powers do not add any stacks, others add multiple stacks. I believe @thefabricant has done more in-depth testing of this. I know that I was able to get 3 stacks from Shard, and that Icy Rays didn't have any stacks at all.
    Disintegrate - Does half the damage listed on tool tip
    Encounters - Many encounters have different damage values in the encounter bar than whats listed in the Powers sheet.
    Elemental Reinforcement - Fanning the flame does not count for fire bonus,

Suspected Bugs:

Elemental Reinforcement - lightning bonus cannot be procced

I'll work on this later, I'm just posting things I discover while testing.

All the tooltips are wrong, for all the classes, but its nice that you give disintegrate a special spot there :p

Tooltips are just... bleh​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png

It does proc it.

It does proc it.
    That's good. But Fanning does not :(
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    A while ago someone said that Icy Terrain 4 has higher cooldown than Icy Terrain 3, even posted screen shots to prove.

Is it like this yet?
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, the conduit of ice 0 dmg ticks and owlbear cub 0 dmg ticks, I also observed that. What do you mean chill stacks proc owlbear? When you use ray of frost or some feats trigger more chill stacks?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
    flyingleon wrote: »
    Yeah, the conduit of ice 0 dmg ticks and owlbear cub 0 dmg ticks, I also observed that. What do you mean chill stacks proc owlbear? When you use ray of frost or some feats trigger more chill stacks?

It seems as tho the sheer act of a stack of chill being added to a target can proc stuff.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Icy Terrain does no damage against frozen enemies.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    This^^^^^^ VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    All of the 0 damage can be traced back to vorpal enchant. It's 100% visual. There's no negative or positive effect from this bug.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Icy rays cooldown is not effected by spell twisting when on TAB. Same with Ray of enfeeblement. Ray of enfeeblement only adds one Dot if used on tab and shot twice.

I guess disintegrate still doesn't add arcane stack, I'm not online to check this now.

In some cases flanning the flame did not add smolder on target when not on tab. (Not sure about this)
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Icy rays is an at will and works like an at will, so doesnt proc anything related to encounters like spell twisting
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User

Icy rays is an at will and works like an at will, so doesnt proc anything related to encounters like spell twisting

Icy Rays is an encounter. Ray of Frost is an at-will.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Not for the game, though. Darth is right.

Not for the game, though. Darth is right.

Funny that, I just slotted icy rays and it procced spell twisting *shrugs*. In fact, its a tooltip bug, not how icy rays actually functions, it procs everything encounter power related and nothing at will related (tested with companions like death slaad and wererat thief). The bugs with spell twisting are as follows:

Multi procced by the following:
    Shield (when it gains 1 stack and when burst it gains another)
    Ray of enfeeblement on tab (per cast)
    Shard of endless avalanche (every time you push it)

It does not reduce the cooldowns of the following:
    Ray of enfeeblement on tab
    Icy rays on tab
    Shard on tab
    Shield on tab

It DOES reduce the cooldown of icy rays off tab.

There are no other bugs with spell twisting as far as I can tell.

There is the steal time cancel animation and repel cancel animation which may be bugs. With steal time, it hits each target 4 times. You can interrupt it before the third hit (by dodging) and it will put steal time on a 5 second cooldown rather then on the full cooldown. If you do this, you still gain a stack of spell twisting which combined with the time it takes for the projectile to hit your target, is enough time to constantly spam a 2 hit steal time and keep reducing your cooldowns. The same is true with repel, if you dodge at the right time you can cast repel, gain the spell twisting stack and not have it go on cooldown.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I tested Spell twisting with icy rays on tab 2 months ago and didnt apply any stack of spell twisting and didnt reduce his cooldown. So maybe is not working as an at will but it was not working as an encounter also
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    If it works as an at will, it should reduce the cooldown of our other encounters, when you have a stack up.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Tooltip changes to "at will" status when placed on Tab if not mistaken.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User

Icy Rays is an encounter. Ray of Frost is an at-will.

Next CW that don't even know what type of spells he uses…
    And spreads his imaginations all over the The Library's threads.

Requoting again… and again​… and… ugh… how many times?

beatannier wrote: »

Read the Spell Twisting description again. It works on Encounters only, not on At-WIlls like Icy Rays.

Icy Rays is an encounter - you're thinking of Ray of Frost which is an At-Will.

I am really tired explaining this again.

The worst is most CW don`t even know what spells are they using.

image.jpgShield.jpg

Well, it is definitely not an encounter.

edit: And this topic was discussed dozens of times already.

• vespera33vespera33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Powers with charges don't benefit from any recharge speed bonuses - recovery, spell twisting, aura of wisdom, etc. It's true for all classes (so RoE for cw, Cordon for hr, Hidden Daggers for gwf to name just a few). They introduced it with m6, but I'm still not sure if it's wai or not. It's a bit confusing since ray on enfeeblment on tab was once fixed in the past to get cd reduction from reco...
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Well, are you sure @vespera33? Hidden dagger can benifit from recovery. I am not sure about other opwers.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • vespera33vespera33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

Well, are you sure @vespera33? Hidden dagger can benifit from recovery. I am not sure about other opwers.

I was pretty sure in my half-asleep, coffee depreived brain, but I went to check again and seems I was wrong (for the most part anyway). They all seem to work with recharge speed from recovery and wisdom (didn't have an OP to drag with me though) - it's the tooltips that are confusing. The charge refill part never changes even when you slot the powers on your bar, in reality each cd for each charge is shorter.

Disregard my previous post please, sorry about that. I will make coffee before posting next time...

Cordon on hr (trapper) doesn't seem to work with the cc redution feats same as tabbed RoE with spell twisting.
    edited January 2016
    @katamaster81899 its time to read through your thread again and update the OP, btw, the first bug you posted there about CoI is a visual bug caused by slotting a vorpal, unslot a vorpal and it goes away. CoI is not actually hitting for nothing and your dps is not being negatively effected, but it is disturbing to see when you don't know the cause.

stuff

*sigh* @beatannier how about instead of reading the tooltips of these things, try the following:
    Step 1: Acquire a death slaad and a wererat thief (these are crucial for testing if something is an encounter power or an at will, as they are conditional, the one is "on encounter use" and the other is "on at will use". You can also use any other companions with those conditions to test, but these are the ones I use.)
    Step 2: Slot the Death Slaad, but not the thief
    Step 3: Spam Ray of frost for a while
    Step 4: Notice it procs the death slaad, the death slaad bonus is working on at wills, great.
    Step 5: Spam Icy rays 100 odd times
    Step 6: Notice that icy rays does NOT proc the death slaad bonus
    Step 7: Icy rays is NOT an at will, its a tooltip bug
    Step 8: Now slot the wererat thief and unslot the death slaad
    Step 9: Spam icy rays 100 odd times again
    Step 10: Notice that icy rays DOES proc the wererat bonus, therefor, it is an encounter.

You can use the same procedure for shield, just because the tooltip says something and changes depending on where you slot the thing, doesn't mean the thing is necessarily what the tooltip says. For example, Aura of vengeance (a class feature for paladin) appears to be a class feature in all cases and yet it procs echoes of light (a feat that only procs off at wills) and it procs the death slaad. This is why I pretty much ignore the tooltips of everything in this game when I am testing stuff, since they are all horribly wrong.

The reason icy rays cooldown on tab is NOT reduced is because it is a multi phase encounter, like RoE, its got nothing to do with it being an at will. None of the multi phase encounters have their cooldowns reduced. The first phase is the application of the glyph and the second phase is the rays themselves.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • melasiomelasio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User

the first bug you posted there about CoI is a visual bug caused by slotting a vorpal, unslot a vorpal and it goes away.

it's not vorpal, i get it even with plague fire :/

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @thefabricant @katamaster81899 Icy Terrain and Fanning the Flame are also capable of proccing the Death Slaad.
    edited January 2016
    melasio said:

the first bug you posted there about CoI is a visual bug caused by slotting a vorpal, unslot a vorpal and it goes away.

it's not vorpal, i get it even with plague fire :/

Without a weapon ench too. It doesn't seem to affect anything, only visual.

@thefabricant @katamaster81899 Icy Terrain and Fanning the Flame are also capable of proccing the Death Slaad.

*sigh* well, that means that I now need to test with another "on at will use" companion to see if IT and ftf proc that as well. If they do, then it seems for the purposes of proccing, those encounters are actually at wills. If they do not, then I need to replace the death slaad for future testing.