test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Contest: Drowned Shore Foundry Style

Comments

• Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I know the tool is broken... but it still works to some degree... although not as advertised or expected. We can still build cool stuff although not complete or fully functioning.... but it is somewhat operational, mostly. I guess my question is... does a software company have any responsibility to make sure the product they SELL is correctly working? Or are they allowed to advertise it to work a certain way, sell their product to the public where it's found to be broken and not working as advertised, and then just walk away with the cash? Doesn't the public have any recourse? I personally have not spend one thin dime on this game... and I won't since it doesn't work. But I have spent thousands of dollars on role-playing games (ie. books, modules, supplements, and various software packages). I understand that there is the eula... but still... don't we, as consumers, have any rights?
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    So I published a mostly functioning #DS# today.

Some sound effects could be fixed, but I'm not holding my breath. So, I'm okay with oct31st being the deadline.

Do we have judges yet?

Anyone here who *ISNT* taking part in the competition?

Judges - @gruffydd @doctorbadger @locksheon @strumslinger ?

Whose judging? =D

If you're a foundry author and you DIDN'T do a #Drowned Shore# (#DS#) please reply to this thread if you're interested in being a judge! =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I'm available.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Oh @torontodave !! Is amazing. I just played and loved it.

I found 4 easter eggs, so I need to play again :D But I found them very easly.

On the first part of the map there is a wagon in the hin air, you need to adjust it.

Keep the good job.

"Foundry review system is currently unavailable..." Don't worry as soon as is available, I'll give you 5 stars.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    which wagon? at the shoreline close to the medic? shouldnt be. =X eek.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2015

which wagon? at the shoreline close to the medic? shouldnt be. =X eek.

Free Image Hosting

Forum Image Host

Be aware of the pop-ups
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    Thanks.. It wasn't bugged before publishing. Thanks foundry! ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Dunno where @eldarth went .. =?

Apparently we can edit sounds now, but since the review+reward system is down (I can only hope it's getting upgrades), there's no end in sight for this contest.

In unrelated news, a thread/poll which was discussing authors motivation for writing quests was moderated.. which logically, leaves me with no motivation for writing quests.

I just preordered Fallout4, so this is a good place to put a page marker in, and put this book down for awhile. =D

Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    D'oh! We get sounds back and they break review system? *facepalm*

I'm "lurking" once or twice a week. Spending all my time on SCL where they are actually listening to the community.

I guess we'll just have to try and wait a bit longer until they fix reviews.​​
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Gonna call it? Or continue to wait again?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    izatar wrote: »
    Gonna call it? Or continue to wait again?

Still waiting on them fixing foundry review system.

Although, I guess if we can muster up FIVE judges we could just ignore the review system - could never be fixed.​​
    Post edited by eldarth on
  • Options
    dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I'm a latecomer to the whole Foundry thing, but would love to check out folks' reimagination of Drowned Shore.
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• Options
    dzaims wrote: »
    I'm a latecomer to the whole Foundry thing, but would love to check out folks' reimagination of Drowned Shore.

I think there are only about 5 or 6 entries -- if we can scare up 5 judges that will commit to playing/judging all entries we could put a final entry date.​​
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    My offer to judge and organizing my fellow judges still stands. I would be more than happy to do so, in fact.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    melinden wrote: »
    My offer to judge and organizing my fellow judges still stands. I would be more than happy to do so, in fact.

Go for it -- if you can get 4 others to commit to evaluating all entries, I'll put a final entry date soon after.​​
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    I'm currently available to help judge for this contest.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    OK, I messaged the other folks who had offered to judge earlier. I hardly seen anyone on the Foundry zone list anymore and of those people, no one wants to talk. I must be on at different times from the established authors who say they are building.

Anywhoo, hopefully I will hear back soon. Should I also get in touch with Strum to let him know we are finally finishing this up?
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    melinden wrote: »
    Anywhoo, hopefully I will hear back soon. Should I also get in touch with Strum to let him know we are finally finishing this up?

Nah, not yet -- we're gonna have to give a week or two for people to "finalize" their entries, and then probably a month for all the judges to do their judging.​​
  • Options

Egg, Ring, Spider, Lizard, Fish..

Those are my 5 easter eggs, and I just took that screenshot on my final runthrough before Submitting for Featuring, so that's my proof that it's possible to get all 5. =D

My "Tidal Redux - #DS#" is ready for playing/judging. =D @strumslinger I think you should feature all 3 at once, in the same week. =D Mine's been submitted, so, just waiting on confirmation from @eldarth and @zachariah92 that they've submitted final versions for featuring.

Here's a tease of what I think a DROWNED SHORE should really look like. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    looks awesome dave!
    mine is not yet submitted, I hope to have enough time. I'll try posting some screesnhots later too XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Nice! Yeah, submit them for featuring, everyone!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    mine is not ready yet so I can't submit it. I don't think we have set up a deadline yet, although I might be wrong.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    There was a deadline, but we loved the wooshing sound it made as it went by.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    XD. well if it's too late it's okay. I still had fun working on it, and probably still will finish it.
    here are some screenshots too:

and another one

2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Hopefully @StrumSlinger can get us some advertising space in the weekly blogs for the Featured quests, in order to steer interested players to review them. ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I can put them all in a blog if you'd like. Could you guys provide me with a summary of your quests and also the code?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    @reiwulf - no deadline set yet. I'm fine with March 1st. Glad a 4th entrant will make it. Is there anyone else?

@mrgiggles651 - yea but teleporters were broken, then the review system was down, then sounds were causing crashes (may still be happening) but you know all this. ;D

@strumslinger - I'll work on a brief write-up this week.
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    AMA Quote:
    "1) We're working on fixing some of the most frustrating foundry bugs, but as it stands right now, we're not planning on adding anything new to the foundry this year. I know that's frustrating, but sadly other things are taking priority."

Yep. Forum posts, detailed bug lists, hundreds of suggestions, a five page DETAILED report on MAKING Foundry profitable by an actual economist, and numerous solutions to all their foundry issues both in forum and to individuals up through management.

They DO NOT WANT TO MAKE MORE ZEN. As they'd say in Princess Bride... "Inconceivable!"
    Free Content, PvP solutions, More Zen. Epic marketing fail.

I'm done. I'll be creating over in SCL.
    I seriously doubt this title is going to last another year.
    If anyone wants to "take over" the Epic Shore Contest, let me know and I'll get you the prize AD and Mount.
    ...and if anyone wants to take over maintenance of the eternally ignored bug list, also let me know and I'll see if mods can change ownership.​​
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    eldarth said:

AMA Quote:

"1) We're working on fixing some of the most frustrating foundry bugs, but as it stands right now, we're not planning on adding anything new to the foundry this year. I know that's frustrating, but sadly other things are taking priority."

Yep. Forum posts, detailed bug lists, hundreds of suggestions, a five page DETAILED report on MAKING Foundry profitable by an actual economist, and numerous solutions to all their foundry issues both in forum and to individuals up through management.

They DO NOT WANT TO MAKE MORE ZEN. As they'd say in Princess Bride... "Inconceivable!"

Free Content, PvP solutions, More Zen. Epic marketing fail.

I'm done. I'll be creating over in SCL.

I seriously doubt this title is going to last another year.

If anyone wants to "take over" the Epic Shore Contest, let me know and I'll get you the prize AD and Mount.

...and if anyone wants to take over maintenance of the eternally ignored bug list, also let me know and I'll see if mods can change ownership.​​

Similar feelings here. "I'll see you in 2017, bugbears." @arkayne @badbotlimit @goatshark @nisdiddums

Not even a 0/100 Featured Foundry Mainhand/Offhand. They'd rather us do the same HE 100 freakin times.

One more thing from the reddit AMA, the VERY LAST QUESTION, downvoted to the bottom,
    "Will the neverwinter combat league ever return?"
    sigh. =X clowns.

IS IT THAT HARD TO MAKE THE UGC RELEVANT TO THE PROGRESSION GAME?

As far as the contest goes, I think we can still run it. I mean, the entries are in. Will you stick around for it?
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @eldarth - You're still giving away a 1mil AD prize to the winner of the contest tho, right? ;D Did you ever receive the Heavy Nightmare Mount from @ancientuncle ? or any supplemental loot from @kaomwannabe ?

WE NEED 5 JUDGES! @essenti , @shrike025 , @melinden , @kaomwannabe , @mrgiggles651 @instynctive and @izatar have all volunteered. @maegmaag you interested? Can you all reply to this thread? Let's say the first 5 that reply are the judges? =X

We have (HOWMANY??) Entries? @eldarth , @torontodave , @zachariah92 are all searchable with "#DS#", so 3 are "ready"

@reiwulf ?(reiwulf, is yours going to be finished anytime soon? ;D) @instynctive do you have an entry? @xetmk24 did you have an entry? @waryur did you have an entry? @graydoom did you have an entry? @valcontar73 didn't I play yours already? did you unpublish it?

Thanks for all the fish.