What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Winter Festival of Simril Returns!

2»

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The Simril Festival Rewards blog says: "Those with a taste for cute critters will find the new Snowy Fawn companion. A variant of the classic winter event companion with a snow white coat, the fawn has a unique active companion bonus and a different set of runestone slots." (emphasis added)

However, the Snowy Fawn's active bonus is +Recovery, which is the same active bonus as the Fawn of Shiallia and the Wayward Wizard.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    One of the best long running events in Neverwinter - the event concepts and design is truly exceptional, and the atmosphere is one of the more immersive and authentic of the events, and quest areas in general. Look forward to this one the most! You make some good friends and meet some interesting people with the gifts of Simril event.

Thanks for bringing this back every winter!
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    two30 said:

The Simril Festival Rewards blog says: "Those with a taste for cute critters will find the new Snowy Fawn companion. A variant of the classic winter event companion with a snow white coat, the fawn has a unique active companion bonus and a different set of runestone slots." (emphasis added)

However, the Snowy Fawn's active bonus is +Recovery, which is the same active bonus as the Fawn of Shiallia and the Wayward Wizard.

We have to write these blogs a bit ahead of time so they can be translated into the other languages we support, unfortunately sometimes this mean things change in the meantime, and this wasn't caught before the blog was posted sadly. Strumslinger should be removing that line from the blog, but the ACB will indeed be recovery. There is also a known issue at the launch of this event that I will make sure is added to the patch notes, but currently the two fawns' ACBs will not stack.

However, the first build in January should have this fix, so if you're interested in stacking recovery ACBs, don't worry about this bug never being fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this miscommunication.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    The fawn has one of the most gimpy/meaningless active bonuses and also performs among the most useless of all pets in the whole game... But its so darn cute that everyone loves and wants it anyway :)
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zeusom said:

The fawn has one of the most gimpy/meaningless active bonuses and also performs among the most useless of all pets in the whole game... But its so darn cute that everyone loves and wants it anyway :)

It's really sad how the stat changes made it go from a strong healer to a terrible one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Thank you A BAJILLION TIMES Devs for listening to the suggestion about Winterkill Emblems, and Ring of Lights. These being useful in Professions will help greatly.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    pan17 said:

i haven't read all posts but i will say what i have to say...about the rewards of winter festival....
    yu are level 70 player geared up,you are farming more than two weeks in winter festival and......yu are getting as a reward 'uncommon' quality mount and companion...? ..looooool ...
    they are totally useless...
    what's the point of them if yu already have epic/rare mount and companion...they had to be epic quality for serious rewards...
    not discuss upgrading mounts and companions to next rank.... absolutely ridiculous amount of ad's...
    pay to upgrade,pay to speed up ....nice job ....

Event rewards are usually for "fun", if you understand this concept. They tend to be purposely careful to not make event rewards all that powerful. Even now that they're adding artifacts to events, these are more aimed at providing an achievable option for undergeared player to fill slots than making something BiS.

Simril actually does throw a ton of epic companions at us, through the gifts. Nobody is forcing you to grind fawns if you don't want to.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Demons on ice??

*grabs mace and shield*

A paladins work is never done....bring it on!!
    montypython.jpg
  • Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Is the Beacon of Simril not a Simril artifact? All the refinement stuff is only giving 1/2 towards refinement. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

Is the Beacon of Simril not a Simril artifact? All the refinement stuff is only giving 1/2 towards refinement. Am I missing something?

Make that 2 of us,... all my 'Simril LIght Refining' items are giving are only giving 5/8 of the refining points they claim in their tool-tip? Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks
  • Options
    Apparently the RP values granted are correct but the tooltips have the wrong amounts entered.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well dang. Oh well. Thanks!
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Asterdahl said:

Similar to the Masquerade of Liars artifact, the beacon may be upgraded through a special seasonal event refinement item—lumens. This new artifact not only has a usable power, it can also be upgraded to mythic quality. Epic rank must be reached through lumens, but further refinement CAN be completed at your own pace after the event using standard refinement items.

I have heard that progressing the artifact past epic must be completed with standard refinement items (not the bold above were it says can be doesn't indicate it must be). Lumens aren't working if you want to progress from epic to mythic. Which makes farming lumens a waste of time because you can get epic by saving your lumens from parcels and using them 2xRP alone. If this is true all those lumens farmers need to slow down now else they are likely making lumens that are worthless after they've reached epic on the beacon.
  • Options
    waylonwolf1waylonwolf1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is anyone having trouble getting the game to launch? I have been trying to start back playing after a few months break but for two days now I can only get to the second launch page the one that says NeverWinter on it
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    yeh, I added 80 lumens into refining and that should, per description, add up to 8kRP (80x100 ea.) =8k. But it actually showed like 4kish. Then it leveled to green quality and added a tad more. Per tool tips it was like 5kish RP. I didn't look close enough to see if I actually got 8k despite incorrect tool tip, but I noticed that on other toons as well. I'm glad (hopefully) that is indeed giving full credit despite wrong tool tip.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

zeusom said:

It's really sad how the stat changes made it go from a strong healer to a terrible one.
    I really wish the devs would take a second look at companion strength. The stat changes in mod 6 really broke a lot of them. For example, take striker companions. They're gods for the first 40 levels of your life and overpower any enemy you meet. At level 70, though, they're made of glass. They hit like a wet noodle (relative to the HP of your enemies) and they drop too easily to be useful.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured