test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC/XBOX] Bug Report: Stuck On Map / Unable to Interact with Anything

Comments

• bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    i had a failed teleport yesterday and chose the safe login for the game(that specific toon). since then, that toon is stuck in protectors enclave and cannot interact with any vendors or use the travel portal. I cannot use the bank or the mailbox...anything that requires me to use the key "F" to interact does not work...however i can still open my bags, use items from my bags, invoke dismiss and summon companios.
    has anyone else had this issue before?
    i submitted a ticket but nothing yet
    any ideas would be appreciated..thanks in advance
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This happened to me once. I queued for a standard Cragmire crypts in the end and it somehow fixed it. Strange since queueing for other dungeons,skirmish,moonstone mask teleport or map from VIP did not work. Could not interact with anything. It was like i was stuck in combat mode
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• reyaserrareyaserra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I too had this problem and tried everything suggested here to solve the problem with no success. However, I did manage to find a solution at least for myself that can maybe help others. I simply allowed the character to idle until the game logged me out (takes about 15 min.) and upon logging back in I was in a different instance and can now interact with NPCs/transfer maps/etc. Hope this is helpful to others that have had this issue.
  • mattloyleymattloyley Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    stuck in hotenow with a friend door cant exit through, no npc have anything including shopkeepers etc...HELP ive timed out restarted xbox one all to no avail
  • stormbladejr9stormbladejr9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    ok my companions it's in the inventary
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I am still having this issue. Tried what was suggested here - system will not let me change instances - of which, btw, only 2 are listed - 1 and 2. My SW is trapped in IWD, with no way to either a) get killed or b) move anywhere else. I have other level 70 toons, but only the SW is trapped - and only in IWD.
  • ruenyrueny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm having the same trouble. I tried to zone in to the Stronghold and it failed and bounced me back to the Dreadring. Yesterday logging and running a force verify corrected it. Today I was working fine until I switched instances to join a Deadring group. Now it won't let me leave at all.
  • nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Problem still persists. Wife is stuck in IWD. Has there been any resolution? Have VIP with travel post. Tele to moonstone does not work. Unable to get into the CTA. Unable to use Travel Post. Attempting Safe Mode force verify. Her client is repatching 2GBs worth of data.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I am stuck except in Sharandar. Same problem.

I tried to do the Quickling daily instance and when entering it said some message like "Failed to transfer Character Container" or something like that verbage.... got frustrated raged out and in the AM it was fixed. Played most of the day today and went back to Sharandar and now I am trapped again

Tried VIP powers, tried teleport to moonstone mask... looks like it will work then stops and places me right back where I was standing. F does not work, cannot loot. Can fight monsters, just can't loot anything. Salvage anvil worked, but nothing that needs the F key.

To add to thsi I had the thought to queue for an instance... popped, joined, no transfer. Truly trapped.

Found this reddit... EXACT problem:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3t0e3i/xboxfailed_to_transfer_character_container_now_i/

Opened several tickets. Not on purpose.. It's just that when you open Request GM help, it says it submits x.x.x.x.x.x ticket number and then when you look at your submitted tickets it's empty.

How do you even know you really have a ticket open? Not even an automated courtesy email to my account's email address to confirm a ticket was opened.

The post on Reddit said support helped them move and everything was fine and the moment they returned to the offending zone they were stuck again. Now my expectations are exactly that and I'll fear ever going to Sharandar each time after.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015

I am stuck except in Sharandar. Same problem.

I tried to do the Quickling daily instance and when entering it said some message like "Failed to transfer Character Container" or something like that verbage.... got frustrated raged out and in the AM it was fixed. Played most of the day today and went back to Sharandar and now I am trapped again

Tried VIP powers, tried teleport to moonstone mask... looks like it will work then stops and places me right back where I was standing. F does not work, cannot loot. Can fight monsters, just can't loot anything. Salvage anvil worked, but nothing that needs the F key.

To add to thsi I had the thought to queue for an instance... popped, joined, no transfer. Truly trapped.

Found this reddit... EXACT problem:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3t0e3i/xboxfailed_to_transfer_character_container_now_i/

Opened several tickets. Not on purpose.. It's just that when you open Request GM help, it says it submits x.x.x.x.x.x ticket number and then when you look at your submitted tickets it's empty.

How do you even know you really have a ticket open? Not even an automated courtesy email to my account's email address to confirm a ticket was opened.

The post on Reddit said support helped them move and everything was fine and the moment they returned to the offending zone they were stuck again. Now my expectations are exactly that and I'll fear ever going to Sharandar each time after.

Merged your posts. Please edit instead of making multiple consecutive replies. As for the tickets not appearing, if they don't appear in your Ticket History in the Support Center, then you filed it as a Bug Report and not a GM Help Request.

Bug Reports go to the QA Department and do not get replies or posted to your GM Ticket History, as they are not GM Tickets and do not go to the Game Masters. The in-game Ticket History has been notoriously buggy since Beta, rarely showing one's actual GM Ticket History. Use the Support Center instead.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    TY Zebular
  • damyou666#9019 damyou666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    im having same issue keeps hapenning more and more often im lucky to get several hours before it does it ever since the lame winter event started, keeps putting me in rivenspire even if i log out in a diff map, logged out in pe lastnight woke up in rivenspire this morning and theres only 1 instance, yest it was starting to do it in the middle of questing every 30 mins/hr, now i have to wait for hours to get out.... also how do you post tickets using x box,
    microsoft edge wont let me submit and i have no computer?
  • deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    well, just got the dreaded failed transfer for the first time. just finished a Demogorgon dungeon run went to removed my self from the party, loaded, then the whole client crashed. started up the client and login again. but when I tried to go in, it told me that I had experienced an error while transferring to the destination map (Mantol-Derith). i have tried either normal or safe login, neither one worked and gives me game server timeouts.

any DIY fix to reset where my toon will respawn? any fix other than waiting for my ticket to be resolved?
  • deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    deusazza said:

well, just got the dreaded failed transfer for the first time. just finished a Demogorgon dungeon run went to removed my self from the party, loaded, then the whole client crashed. started up the client and login again. but when I tried to go in, it told me that I had experienced an error while transferring to the destination map (Mantol-Derith). i have tried either normal or safe login, neither one worked and gives me game server timeouts.

any DIY fix to reset where my toon will respawn? any fix other than waiting for my ticket to be resolved?

UPDATE: I have resolved my issue!

I have temporarily changed my "gameplay proxy" in the client options to something else (eu or us) other than the option "none". then tried to login with my stuck toon, chose normal login, then wait for the loading screen to load. when the map loaded, I waited for the cd to change instance so that it will totally reset my toon's location to default - just in case. after it loaded and transferred successfully, I logged out and set the proxy back to "none". logged in again and I can confirm that everything (loading and login) went back to normal.

I hope this trick works for others as well.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=n9xs5L9rNsE&feature=youtu.be

edit: forced verify (second time)+safe mode worked to me.
    Post edited by zacazu on
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    stuck in sharandar again... same thing. no more elfs to me.
  • damin401damin401 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Keep selecting switch character, then load the same character untill it works. That's how I broke free!!!
  • dumdragondumdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    damin401 said:

Keep selecting switch character, then load the same character untill it works. That's how I broke free!!!

this worked for me as well. both last night and again today. I really hope this bug doesn't become a daily occurance
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Well, I guess it's my turn. I was traveling by VIP signpost out of Dread Ring to the SH and client failed. I'm now stuck in DR and unable to interact with anything or escape. So far I have:

- Very + Safe Mode (twice)
    - Let myself time out (which did change my instance from #3 to #1)
    - Tried to queue for a dungeon
    - Tried to get in a grp, kill myself while leader queued a dungeon
    - Swapping characters

Can we please, please get a fix so those of us who are stuck can play the game?
  • thetechsnob#8252 thetechsnob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm stuck the same way can't interact at all.....
  • emisoleemisole Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The game locked up on me earlier whiel I was in Icewind pass, and now I am stuck loading into Icewind pass unable to even enter the game.I have to ctrl/alt/delete and force close the game as it stops responding. After i do that and reload the launcher it refses to eve load the play button.I have to then exit out again and reload it. Then I get a msg that the launcher detected a error and needs to check files. I do that and then can log in. Bt only on the other characters on that account, not the lvl 70 CW. I have tried everything but seems this one character is non playable. Is it a problem with the icewind pass area? I am really getting fustrated as this is the newest issue i have expeired. The rest seems to have fixed themselves.
  • aranea#9227 aranea Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    And I'm now stuck in Ebon Downs. Same thing. No interaction with gate, signpost, NPCs. Tried leaving in a party. They went, I stayed. I've logged out twice, waited over 15 minutes to log in again. Same problem.
    So now I'm sittting, and waiting to be kicked from game to see if that does anything.

Earlier tonight, it was dropping party members into different instances, so we never did get to do the weekly quest in IWD.
    Nope. Still stuck after letting it boot me, and waiting 20 minutes to make sure it's cleared.

Please fix....

==============================

Finally got free by letting it boot me out, logged back in about 30 minutes after that, and I could travel.
    The only good thing about this, is it seems I'm not alone in getting stuck. This was at least the 3rd time in Ebon Downs, but a relog had fixed it before.

@ jturtle - yeah. It was trying to do BT that my party of 2 kept getting split up. Ebon happened about 3 hours later.
    Post edited by aranea#9227 on
  • jturtlejturtle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

And I'm now stuck in Ebon Downs. Same thing. No interaction with gate, signpost, NPCs. Tried leaving in a party. They went, I stayed. I've logged out twice, waited over 15 minutes to log in again. Same problem.
    So now I'm sittting, and waiting to be kicked from game to see if that does anything.

Earlier tonight, it was dropping party members into different instances, so we never did get to do the weekly quest in IWD.
    Nope. Still stuck after letting it boot me, and waiting 20 minutes to make sure it's cleared.

Please fix....

I suffered the same error yesterday with dropping party members into different instances of BT in IWD. Ended up not doing the weekly either. Now, another char of mine is stuck in Winterfest map, and none of the suggested stuff has worked. Currently waiting for them to force move him out to PE.

On the good, they DID respond to my Arc support ticket very quickly, and gave me some advice about the companions before they would move him. Others had said to dismiss them; they said to move them out of active slots and into the idle stable. Did that, replied, and now we wait. :) Hopefully before end of day for them today (it is only 5pm their time, and they said support is open until 7pm.) Worst part is I want to get back in to the winterfest map, lol. I have 20 gifts of simril and tons of stars for more... I need to use those up tonight if possible. I work in the morning. ;)
  • sommolordakkarinsommolordakkarin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Stucked on icewind dale pass.
    Enclave teletrasportation scroll doesn't even work.
    Can't interact with anything.

P.S. the lag in this game is ruining everything.

Update: Changing character then goin back to the other made me change istance, so now it's ok
  • mss10001amss10001a Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Stuck today in icewind and can't interact with everything
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Got hit with the same nonsense today. Tried all methods listed in this thread to no avail. Submitted a support ticket.

Suddenly got temporary reprieve for like 30 mins before the bug came back again...

This is getting frustrating, spending my weekend afternoon verifying files, logging in and out, and desperately trying to salvage this.

Really hope this fix this soon.
  • today marks the 5th yes the 5th time I have had a character stuck since November 2015!! every month at the same time I seem to get a character stuck.. YAY ME! don't expect support ticket to help you with anything.. they just told me to avoid the area.. mind you one area in Caer-Konig.... and don't even think they will help you with boons since you can't go in there without getting stuck... HAHA they tell you tough luck!!! removing the companions does nothing, shutting everything down does nothing, waiting 24 hours does nothing! I did find todays response quit funny please log off and wait 1-24 hours and see if that helps... that is not going to happen I have 4 characters!! FIX THIS!!! instead of doing all the other BS fix the bugs!!!!
  • ports187#7454 ports187 Member Posts: 1 New User
    In better news dc universe comes out soon for Xbox one
  • silentboss2silentboss2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Stuck in Helms hold same problem as everyone else also a xbox user
This discussion has been closed.