test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC/XBOX] Bug Report: Stuck On Map / Unable to Interact with Anything

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
While leaving WoD for my Stronghold, the game crashed and I get a "Cannot Transfer Object" or something like that message. Upon returning to the game, my character can't interact with Transitions or NPCs. The VIP Signpost, Moonstone Mask port, or changing instance don't work. I've tried Safe Mode and still stuck. My other characters are fine. I've submitted a ticket for now. Hopefully someone else has a quicker option.

I'm tired of the sand. :/
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• durnick50durnick50 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i have a character that can't leave icewind dale he is unable to interact with any npc or exits, can't change instance or use a teleport scroll to protectors enclave. also when i queue for a dungeon i stay in icewind dale my other 3 characters on the account don't seem to have this problem.
    how do i leave the area ???
  • icelusaicelusa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Hi everyone,

I wanna ask/prevent about a bug me and my guild discovered some days ago.

We were (me and a member) in Rothe Valley to do some quests. We needed to do the quest "Spiders' nest" (not sure about the eng trad). We launched the instance aaaand... "disconnected - impossible to transfer your character in the instance". We came back (with the proposal "normal connexion - secure connexion") and we ended up just prisoners of the Rothe Valley : couldn't do the quest + couldn't talk to anybody + couldn't leave from the place by any means (door, VIP transfer, instance's change, go in dg, etc)

The same happened to another member in Well of Dragons last week.

The solution was to disconnected and hoped to be in another instance when we came back.

We noticed this bug was all in the #2 instances (all maps of the game I think, even if I didn't test it).

Thanks for your answer

Have a good game :)

Icelusa

PS : sorry if I did some mistakes, English isn't my first language ^^
    Post edited by icelusa on
  • seekertoastseekertoast Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    having same trouble in dread ring cant leave by exit or change instance also wont let me vip teleport out
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    "can't leave" means that you can't move? or that any kind of portal doesn't work?

If you can interact with the character, open a ticket. (Stuck, can;t progress)

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• halfquarthalfquart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    I am experiencing the identical problem as the OP.

Things I have tried to no avail: "Force verify" client, "Safe Mode", change instance, clear and redefine keybinds, /stuck, /killme.

My character cannot interact with anything using the keyboard - when targeting anything, the option to press "F" to interact never appears. For some items, such as VIP mailbox and travel signpost, as well as dialog-only npcs and the normal landscape mailboxes, the targeting reticule is light blue with a faded blue diamond icon. For all other interactive targets, the reticule is greyed out. Travel points show a greyed out padlock icon.

It is as if the game thinks my character is in combat. The character is not in combat animation, and displays no other effects of the in-combat state.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Can you both please try rebooting your computer? It's a long shot, but it might work. Please let me know if it does.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • halfquarthalfquart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    This issue persisted overnight, following a complete shutdown of my computer.

However, an hour ago I posted a Bug Report through the in game interface from the character in question. Much to my surprise, on just having logged into that character, I can so far travel and interact with npcs and other objects normally.

Is there a correlation between filing an in-game bug report and a correction of the problem?!? Stranger things, I am sure, have happened in the history of the universe, but I'm at a loss to conceive of them at the moment....
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I updated Windows and my graphics driver and did a second Force Verify. Everything is working fine now. :)

Maybe I accidently on purposely waterballoon'd a secret GM in disguise who then strap'd a dimensional anchor to my leg. :#
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Yeah can't leave. I can move around, click on toons but nothing else. Uses moon teleport, sign post, queue dungeons and nothing. It's my main so I'm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pissed!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    I'm guessing this is on Xbox? Please completely log out of the game (quit via the menu). Do a full shutdown (total power off and unplug it for a few minutes) of your Xbox - then reboot the Xbox and relaunch the game. This should fix the problem.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1207514/instances-2-are-all-bloqued

You need to check everytime the number of your instance before do anything... All #2 are bugged
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1207514/instances-2-are-all-bloqued

You need to check everytime the number of your instance before do anything... All #2 are bugged
    Now, when I wanna play, I always check the instance where I am - if I'm in #2, I change immediately for another one -> no problem anymore :)
  • mhoramettemhoramette Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Having the same issue since last night, stuck in Icewind Dale, stuck meaning I can't interact with anything/anyone that isnt a player. I can inspect players just fine but cant take quests or change area. I cant leave by using teleport or travel signpost. Im stuck in instance #1(there are only 2 instances up) and can't switch instance, all I get is "Map transfer failed". Please help me!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I thought it was just me. Had the exact same problem in Rothe Valley last night. Though I confess I didn't check the number of the instance, but I certainly will if it happens again.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    halfquart said:

I am experiencing the identical problem as the OP.

Things I have tried to no avail: "Force verify" client, "Safe Mode", change instance, clear and redefine keybinds, /stuck, /killme.

My character cannot interact with anything using the keyboard - when targeting anything, the option to press "F" to interact never appears. For some items, such as VIP mailbox and travel signpost, as well as dialog-only npcs and the normal landscape mailboxes, the targeting reticule is light blue with a faded blue diamond icon. For all other interactive targets, the reticule is greyed out. Travel points show a greyed out padlock icon.

It is as if the game thinks my character is in combat. The character is not in combat animation, and displays no other effects of the in-combat state.

Im having the exact same problem, only in IWD instead of WoD. Need to fix this asap, will updtae all my drivers, but I cant see how that would change anything...

As the title says, is there any way to force a safe login to a character?
    My TR is stuck in IWD, cannot leave or interact with anything in the area, and no matter what I do I can't get the option to do a safe login on that character. Ive tried disconnecting while loading, both using alt+f4 and using the task manager, shutting down the router while loading the map even pulled the lancable while loading, nothing gets me to the safe login option.

All my other characters are working fine, even in IWD (yes they are all in the same instance, #1). So it seems my only option is to get my TR out of IWD and a safe login would do just that. Appreciate any help I can get here!
    Thx for your reply, but thats safe mode, that only lowers the graphic settings. What Im after is the option you get when the game crashes, when you can choose between Normal Login, Safe Login and a third option I cant remember...
    That Safe Login usually puts you back in PE, if I remember correctly, a relocation without the need of support. But if support would relocate me I would be just as happy, its just that they arent really known for quick responses, and I dont want to wait 8 hours to 2 weeks to be able to play my character.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    A game + system crash might help. Hence you need to "kill" the whole system what you might not really want - switch off the power of your power supply while the game is running. Have you tried GM helps? There are at least 2 different type of defeat-me, the first and last options of "Stuck" - they have different results in instances at least. Or abort mission if it was up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    First, have you remained logged out of that character for at least 15 minutes? That might clear whatever is preventing you from interacting.

Also, have you tried getting your character killed? If you cannot get to any enemies, press Escape > Help > Request GM Assistance > Stuck > I am Physically Stuck > then press the Defeat Me button on the bottom right.

Barring that, you're going to have to wait for GM Assistance, so if the above doesn't work then you really should make a GM Help ticket. There is no way to safely force a Safe Login, as that would just be grounds for mass abuse.
    Ive tried everything available in the help section, Defeat Me kills me and spawns me at thesame place, still not able to do anything. Change instance only results in: Map Transfer failed. Signing up for dungeons will put me in a group with the ppl in the dungeon but Im still stuck in Caer-Konig, I cant get out of there... =(
    Ive opened a ticket, but its already been 4 hours of this ghostlike presence.

Thanks for replying though!
  • brutusvangelisbrutusvangelis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same problem here.

I looted my daylie VIP Enchanted Key, then switched my character and tried to enter the stronghold map. As attempted, I got a red text message that read "You tried to transfer a container that is not transferable. If this problem remains, please contact a GM". I should add that I'm paraphrasing because I didn't pay a lot of attention to the message at the time.

After that happened, I was disconnected and had the options to log in normal or safe. I chose normal, because... yep -.-

Ever since then I'm not able to interact with anything in the moonstone mask (btw Map #1) and can't leave either.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015

Ive tried everything available in the help section, Defeat Me kills me and spawns me at thesame place, still not able to do anything. Change instance only results in: Map Transfer failed. Signing up for dungeons will put me in a group with the ppl in the dungeon but Im still stuck in Caer-Konig, I cant get out of there... =(
    Ive opened a ticket, but its already been 4 hours of this ghostlike presence.

Thanks for replying though!

You have remained logged out for 15 minutes or more though, right? The last time I heard this happened to someone, that suggestion is what cleared it for them.
    And yes Zeb, I have been logged out for 1 hour, still no change.
    This sounds like it may be the same issue others are having with characters who have entered instance #2 on maps. Can you recall if you had entered instance #2 of IWD on that character when you first noticed this issue, or seen any map transfer errors?
    Im stuck in instance #1, there is one more instance up but there is like 1-3 ppl in there, and when I try to switch to that instance I get the Map transfer error. I have been in instance #1 all day.
    edited November 2015
    This is most likely related to the instance/map transfer issue then. We've sent word to the Devs about this issue.
    Ok, I guess there isnt anything else to do but wait then! Ive sent a ticket to support, hopefully they can lift me out of Caer-Konig, and then I hope the Devs find a solution to this problem so it doesnt keep happening.

Thx for all your replies!
    This seems to be happening to quite a few people. I guess it's not specific to map #2, because some people are having it happen on map #1. We will make sure that the devs are aware that there is a problem today, and it seems to be affecting both PC and Xbox, I think.
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.