test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holiday Drow Mercenary Giveaway 12/22!

Comments

• Options
    arksarkserksesarksarkserkses Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    An empty chips bag. I would tell Tiamat it's full and she would obviously eat it (everyone loves chips and Tiamat's err... "fingers"... are not fit to consume chips sized for humans, so she would swallow the whole thing). Then she would choke herself to death with the unhealthy aluminium bag.
  • Options
    baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I have a coffee mug with some coffee in it. I spill the coffee on his feet and quickly fill it with lava and hurl it at his head. If I get heartburn so does he. :smiley:
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    My crutch.

I grab it and hit her over the snout of one head while yelling: "Get of my lawn. Damn kids these days, put on five heads and thinks it makes some sort of dragon overlord. No in my day-"
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

(Is the prize a code to enter? I have this companion already but would love to be able to gift it.)

Yup, it'll be a code, which you can totally gift if you win :)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Oh, look, a lovely bottle of Domaine Pont de Guestres, 2009.
    No problems here.
    I will distill the scorpion venom from the previous kills earlier in the dungeon.
    Being *very careful* not to get any on my skin I will combine the scorpion venom, wine (what a waste) and smear it onto the back of my special friend "Walnut" a tasty looking rust monster -where it will combine with the rust flakes into a fatal concoction.
    While I will feel terrible about this, I will send Walnut in first. Lostmauth surely cannot resist snapping up my loyal friend into his jaws. Next thing you know Lostmauth will be killed by his own snack. I suppose he should have planned on a real meal, instead.
    *chuckle*

As Lostmauth is in his death throes I hope to rescue Walnut, and with a few quick swipes of my ever-present towel (because I go nowhere without one) I'll set her to rights and set out to find my next adventure...
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    The nearest thing on my right at this immediate moment is a small, TARDIS shaped USB hub. However, desparate times call for desparate measures. So I grasp the TARDIS, turn to Tiamat brandishing it in front of me and in my best Matt Smith voice say:

"Alright Tiamat, I'm The Doctor. Even you in your demonic dimension must have heard of me by now. Your worshippers, the Silurians will have mentioned me in their prayers to you at some point. I don't carry weapons but I am never defeated by anyone or any thing. Just ask the Daleks, the Cybermen or even your distant relative the Loch Ness Monster. So I will give you one friendly chance to turn tail now and head back to the abyss from which you came or would you rather get first hand experience of exactly how I made my TARDIS this size ?"

Hopefully, this would result in one of two things happening. Either Tiamat would hesitate for a second before beating a hasty retreat...just to be on the safe side or she would collapse on the floor in hysterical laughter (not a pretty sight to be sure) at the preposterous nature of my speech/suggestion. I would either be perfectly safe (if she took the hint and left) or have more than enough time to make a hasty exit before she recovered from her laughing fit.
  • Options
    bloodr41nbloodr41n Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    The nearest thing on the right is my smartphone... which I will use to distract Tiamat. I don't know anyone that can resist watching silly catvideos, so why would she resist?
  • Options
    unnoticedshadowunnoticedshadow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    The nearest thing I would grab is... well nothing. After watching the new Star Wars Movie, I have the power of the Force.
    "This is not the adventurer you are looking for".
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Being left handed, there is nothing to my right. As a leftie, me thinks this contest might be biased.

However, I refuse to be a snack. So I hurl harsh language, the kind I normally reserve for driving in traffic. The power of this attack should not be under estimated.
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    I grab a fish and I feed it to Tiamat. Tiamat is satisfied and goes home. :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Being left handed, there is nothing to my right. As a leftie, me thinks this contest might be biased.

Nothing? The room is completely empty in that direction?

Lots of the items people are citing are on their right side by happenstance, not because it's something they're about to pick up and use.

Good improvisation though.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    To my immediate right is my IMAX / 3D ticket stub from this afternoons Star Wars...

May the Force be with me for the contest! :smiley:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    oblivionknight6oblivionknight6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    My sister left a big feather on my computer desk, I would grab that and tickle Tiamat to death.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I grab my wife's used, broken windows phone waiting to be returned to AT&T. I throw it at the middle head and yell "I double dog dare you to sync that with your laptop!" Laughing evilly all the while, because of course that's why it's being returned - it can't do that anymore.

And then as it dawns on me that all 3 heads are staring at me like "WTF is a laptop?" I realize the bright light zooming toward me is a ball of fire Tiamat spat up while snorting in derision at my pathetic attempt at defense.

Giving me just enough time to lament that I'm not wearing any flame proof gear, and thus will succumb to burning dragon mucus.
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I have an in-heat female cat named Phantom.

Honestly, I don't know if I am trying to defeat/scare Tiamat off, or convince Tiamat that she wants to help me "take care" of this "problem".
  • Options
    migtheplanemigtheplane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My wifi-router. I break off the antennas and throw both of them at the eyes of the Red Tiamat head. Red Tiamat Head gets some serious irritation and starts shaking the head, attempting to remove the antennas, but instead annoy the neighbouring heads. The heads then start fighting with eachother and I get to walk away unscathed.
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I quickly grab Branwyn, the royal corgi hound! She gives me a confused "baroo?" as I hold her up to the dragon queen and shout "The Power of Derp Protects Me!" The brave canine derps as hard as she can, with her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth.

As Tiamat is briefly mesmerized by that mind boggling amount of Derp I tuck the dog under my arm like the tubby football she is and bravely run away.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    i grab some wooden toothpicks and go for the eyes! ...because boo isn't with me.
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Hmmm, sitting at work, to my right is my pen cup. With half a dozen pens. Well they say that the pen is mightier than the sword...

The DM has a sly grin on her face as she sits up late, writing the next module for her PCs. They think they will survive the foray into the temple of the Goddess Tiamat. How little they know.

As the hours pass...

Her scrawl becomes more unreadable as the hour increases. She looks up at the half moon shinning through the window. The slient hours. Sounds outside. Probably the alley cat.

She envisions the play through; re-reading the notes before her.

Strumadar runs in with his mace in hand towards Rath, the rage clearly showing on his face. Rath raises his hands and throws Strumadar back with a mighty force. Jacamo and Abyurin shake their heads and start picking Strumadar up.

Severin looks back to Rath handling the pesky adventurers. Sacrifices sometimes have to be made.

"Tiamat - rise!"

From the cavernous bowls of the temple, a hellish glow pulses. Low rumblings grow to an earth shakening rumble. Something emerges.

Dorf calls to the rest of the party. "We've taken out demons, what's a Dragon Queen to us?"

The DM looks happy at her work. They'll be lucky if even one of them survive to have the others raised from the dead.

A sound startles her. Looking up at the window she see the alley cat on the window sill. The cat's eyes glow with a hellish fire...

Oh dear. I was meant to beat Tiamat, not help her win. Also, thanks to the guest stars from Cryptic's DnD team *wink*
  • Options
    gluggogluggo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    My phone is on my right. I would use that to call for HELP!
  • Options
    titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    to my right is my bottle of zoloft I would throw it in her mouth, its not going to work right away but in 2 to 3 weeks she will be in a good mood.
  • Options
    zundak2000zundak2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    My mouse. Spamming at-wills like crazy I manage to take her down in a short while. Then I wake up.
  • Options
    proudfishproudfish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have a turntable immediately to the right, which would hopefully shield her attacks long enough for the mercenary to show up.
  • Options
    frontinemfrontinem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    my phone and i would use it by calling and ordering myself a pizza :) sit back drink a beer eat some pizza and watch everyone else kick its azzz :)
  • Options
    steviefischersteviefischer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Pink nail polish. I will paint Tiamats claws and force upon her a death by nail polish fumes! (At least she'll die fabulous!)
    5peb.png
  • Options
    mute209mute209 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    To my right is my phone bill. I show it to her. As she leans in to read the small print, I quickly slice the edge of the page against her nearest face, giving her a vicious paper cut. If I'm lucky, I'll crit and do like 1 point of slashing damage. She's as good as dead.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I'm grabbin my cat, Coco, who has put fear in all the dogs that walk by the house everyday.

While Tiamat and Coco are busy exchangin hisses at each other,..............I'm running the other way. :#
  • Options
    twitchdigit1twitchdigit1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    Well, I've got my dog...sooo...

I guess I would overwhelm Tiamat with his adorableness on the black head inducing cardiac arrest, put out the gas from the green head with his drool and drowning the green head, burn the red dragon by igniting gas from my doggies derrier with the dragon's flame breath, have him beg for belly rubs from the blue dragon thus destroying any animosity the blue dragon may have for me and making it retreat in terror that it could fall to a mere dog. Last, but not least, I have my dog tear the head off the white dragon and play fetch with me.

My dog is a 90 pound lovable, cute, loyal, beast of a guard dog.
This discussion has been closed.