Options

Epic Demogorgon, phase 3, is about killing Demogorgon

2»

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2015

kemi1984 said:

Thinking about it what's your opinion of GF role in the 1st phase.

Do you prefer to grab Demo and toy with him so the rest can dps the adds or pull him to the well and STILL take the adds?

Of course the 2nd option is much harder lol. Especially with KV on and folks taking a nice hot bath in red circles but still...

What's your opinion fellow players?

Havent tried on my GF yet, since he is under req+conq. On OP im taking all on me to mid, since auras helps in some limited range. As GF i would keep him near the entrance kiting demogorgon and helping team with ITF at least. Most GWF are SM these days and mark mobs with DS (and IV has 3xcharges of aoe mark atwill) so no need to go there with enforced and being hitted from the back. :)

In Goristro phase Im just waiting for aggro. If his attack aim someone else I will run circle to get rid of stacks. Sometimes there are cirlces in line with yellow rune. It helps to run it instead of entrance if Gori aggro on you during pink one-shot attack.
    I wish I could just link to Ironzerg's thread on Goristro every time we hit the second phase in eDemo : |

No one wants to believe that it's important to not miss any of the yellow circles.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I usually PUG, and the number of players either healing Goristro or going AFK because the first phase wasn't gold is getting out of hand. In the earliest days of Epic Demogorgon I usually planned on a gold, and was satisfied the occasions we got silver. Most of that time, we couldn't even get twisted ichor because of a bug. If we could get earned T Ichor for those games I'd be done now with weapon procurement.

Today, I've run E Demo 5 times. Three were bronze and two were silver. Two lousy twisteds for 5 matches. Once I get my offhand I'm done with Demo as content. Mainhand already secured. I don't have a problem with getting Silver, but now that seems almost the best to hope for!

It would be great if the colors were used as guidelines but then adding up points for final tally. This would keep people guessing on whether they could get gold based on the first match being closed, for example. And the points could rack up--the first phase goes gold early and extra demons are killed. In Goristro there are lots of adds to kill. Demogorgon could bear extra points for finishing him off early or killing large numbers of adds.
  • Options
    mobydik1969mobydik1969 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    if you have a good op or gf,Let him be in the centre.
    The people open the stones and lure the mobs to him when the tank has the aggro everybody then kill the mobs that is the fastest way.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

The entrance sanity well is permanent.

Everything should be pulled to it so people have a short run, and so those with ranged attacks can stay in it.

Mobs properly placed just outside entrance blue makes it SO much easier.

Please just give this guy a medal, anybody ??
    Yes just yes! pull the big guy to the entrance sanity well and it will be much easier....even when you die, you do not need to run to the other part of the map :pensive:
    Agreed, but with one little caveat: not too close to the only permanent sanity well. It helps nobody if it is permanently orange :)

• Options
    qexotic said:

kemi1984 said:

The entrance sanity well is permanent.

Everything should be pulled to it so people have a short run, and so those with ranged attacks can stay in it.

Mobs properly placed just outside entrance blue makes it SO much easier.

Please just give this guy a medal, anybody ??
    Yes just yes! pull the big guy to the entrance sanity well and it will be much easier....even when you die, you do not need to run to the other part of the map :pensive:
    Agreed, but with one little caveat: not too close to the only permanent sanity well. It helps nobody if it is permanently orange :)

+1
  • Options
    edited December 2015

if you have a good op or gf,Let him be in the centre.

The people open the stones and lure the mobs to him when the tank has the aggro everybody then kill the mobs that is the fastest way.

I had BR telling me that the best party is 10 DPS and you just open the purple tears in the first phase. 'Course he was ignoring the fact that everyone was dropping like flies without any heals/KV. It was like playing the raid with five people.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    dumdragondumdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    Opening just the purple tears is a valid statagy that works, if....you get everyone on board. We have done it with a mixed normal group.
    Try it out guys ans gals.
  • Options
    dumdragon said:

Opening just the purple tears is a valid statagy that works, if....you get everyone on board. We have done it with a mixed normal group.

Try it out guys ans gals.

Getting an OP/GF and just opening all of the tears and killing everything is faster and easier. You only need to go for the purple tears if you have bad party composition.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I don't really understand the difference. What is it about the purple tears? I've just been grabbing tears and killing whatever comes out of them. Mostly I grab demons that are already running around.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I don't really understand the difference. What is it about the purple tears? I've just been grabbing tears and killing whatever comes out of them. Mostly I grab demons that are already running around.

Purple tears spawn two demons and add more score towards gold than other tears. So it's more manageable than spawning a bajillion demons into the center if you have a bad party. But if you've got an DC+OP/GF you don't need to care about that.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User

In the second match, you want to kill Goristro. If he targets you wht the red lines/track, try to center yourself between him and the gold/yellow target on the wall.

This part I do not fully understand, and can't figure out HOW to do it, How do you "Center Yourself" Is it if you move the line will follow? I have done a few runs since I read this and have get gold a most times. But Still have now figured this out.
    Heck I can not even see the darm target most times. I am to busy keeping up my DPS

• Options

In the second match, you want to kill Goristro. If he targets you wht the red lines/track, try to center yourself between him and the gold/yellow target on the wall.

This part I do not fully understand, and can't figure out HOW to do it, How do you "Center Yourself" Is it if you move the line will follow? I have done a few runs since I read this and have get gold a most times. But Still have now figured this out.
    Heck I can not even see the darm target most times. I am to busy keeping up my DPS

Your DPS does not matter compared to the damage that hitting a yellow hole will do.

When Goristro jumps back to the center of the map just find the wall with the yellow hole on it and stand in front of that wall. You can still whack away at goristro as long as when he chooses a target you're already aiming him at the yellow hole.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User

Your DPS does not matter compared to the damage that hitting a yellow hole will do.

When Goristro jumps back to the center of the map just find the wall with the yellow hole on it and stand in front of that wall. You can still whack away at goristro as long as when he chooses a target you're already aiming him at the yellow hole.

Thank You Urabask
    I will try this next time.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    urabask said:

If you're not a marathon GWF you're not going to get from one side of the arena to the other in time. And both epic and normal goristro can have portals alternate which side of the arena they're on. Just stay center and try to line yourself up so the line from goristro to you will pass into a yellow portal (approximately). Then when he's targetting you with the charge, turn your character or the camera and fine tune the positioning. For some players and classes it may be easier to actually align yourself on the North or South side of Goristro (North if the yellow portal is the northern pair, south for southern), and then move yourself so he charges to the portal once he's targetting you. In this positioning you can see the yellow portal off on your left or right-hand side (good if you're slightly forgetful and need a visual reminder). For some players you might actually line yourself up so that your line of sight goes through Goristro into a yellow portal (and then you quickly run around/through him towards the portal). This is the opposite positioning of the first suggestion (you'd be flanking with people aligning themselves in the first way). It also has the convenience of an obvious visual reminder of where to go, with the portal never having to leave your sight, but if you aren't sufficiently mobile to ALWAYS get to the other side in time you're just risking him going the wrong way into a black portal.

You can effect a more drastic change on where he's targetting if you're close to him. If you're far away you pretty much have to be in the right spot to begin with or you've wasted the charge (or worse).

A lot of this depends on just how quickly you can react, how mobile your character is, how much lag you have (the more you tend to have the less you should try strategies that don't try to point him into the portal immediately, as by the time you see the targeting line you may not have enough time to actually move to the correct position)
  • Options
    cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2015

It would be great if the colors were used as guidelines but then adding up points for final tally. This would keep people guessing on whether they could get gold based on the first match being closed, for example.

I'm fairly certain this is how it actually works. In a run of Throne of the Dwarven Gods, we just barely missed Gold on the first two phases and got Gold on the third phase. Final rank: Gold.

There may not be a log of wiggle room, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    zibadawa said:

urabask said:

If you're not a marathon GWF you're not going to get from one side of the arena to the other in time. And both epic and normal goristro can have portals alternate which side of the arena they're on. Just stay center and try to line yourself up so the line from goristro to you will pass into a yellow portal (approximately). Then when he's targetting you with the charge, turn your character or the camera and fine tune the positioning. For some players and classes it may be easier to actually align yourself on the North or South side of Goristro (North if the yellow portal is the northern pair, south for southern), and then move yourself so he charges to the portal once he's targetting you. In this positioning you can see the yellow portal off on your left or right-hand side (good if you're slightly forgetful and need a visual reminder). For some players you might actually line yourself up so that your line of sight goes through Goristro into a yellow portal (and then you quickly run around/through him towards the portal). This is the opposite positioning of the first suggestion (you'd be flanking with people aligning themselves in the first way). It also has the convenience of an obvious visual reminder of where to go, with the portal never having to leave your sight, but if you aren't sufficiently mobile to ALWAYS get to the other side in time you're just risking him going the wrong way into a black portal.

You can effect a more drastic change on where he's targetting if you're close to him. If you're far away you pretty much have to be in the right spot to begin with or you've wasted the charge (or worse).

A lot of this depends on just how quickly you can react, how mobile your character is, how much lag you have (the more you tend to have the less you should try strategies that don't try to point him into the portal immediately, as by the time you see the targeting line you may not have enough time to actually move to the correct position)
    FYI in English standing in front of a wall doesn't mean you have to run up to it and dry hump it. You can be 1000 feet away from it and still be in front of it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    urabask said:

FYI in English standing in front of a wall doesn't mean you have to run up to it and dry hump it. You can be 1000 feet away from it and still be in front of it.

In crazy people English, sure. Non-crazy people realize this sort of thinking implies you are standing in front of all walls at all times, thus making the entire sentence useless palaver. Such people realize that "standing in front of a wall" implies a certain proximity--an unspecified, vague proximity, but "1000 feet" is blatantly in violation of that.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    zibadawa said:

urabask said:

In crazy people English, sure. Non-crazy people realize this sort of thinking implies you are standing in front of all walls at all times, thus making the entire sentence useless palaver. Such people realize that "standing in front of a wall" implies a certain proximity--an unspecified, vague proximity, but "1000 feet" is blatantly in violation of that.

You're probably going to want to pull out a dictionary some time this year and educate yourself. Standing in front of a wall merely implies that you are ahead of it. There's no specific proximity implied.

Here you go in case you're having trouble:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/front
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhhh, I'm one or two days away from getting enough twisted ichor to say goodbye to Epic Demogorgon. The first week or two it wasn't bad, and often the teams took gold. But it is a devolving mess now.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Im running with demo zerg channel, guildies or friends, and unless other team suxx totally, and 90% times im getting gold. Sadly cannot handle it each time, because its 10 man fight. Pugging edemo is bad lottery.

About yellow rune DPS, there is one class who can outdps it... Ofc its fabled SW. Gori and Demo are melted.
    200_s.gif