test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double refinement what a joke!

kuragkoviskuragkovis Member Posts: 85 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
DOUBLE REFINEMENT what a joke 2 hours ago 99 Empowered Runestones cost 8000 ads now they cost 25000-30000, so I got 3 times as much for my ads, havent used them yet soo Nice bonus and I have enough to turn my Plaguefire atleast to rank 12.

My point is there are to many shamless profitiers who think the majority of players are stupid, So don't buy Refinement from the Auctions now wait until the event is over and then buy and bank your runestones for the next event, stop the shamless profitiering, I hate it everyting I sell I put up at the cheep rate, Or give it away to friends.

Oh and Don't reply with comments about markets and Economy, its got nothing to do with it, This is the sort of activity you expect from someone who would sell a 50p bottle of water to person Dying of thirst for £500 when the Nuclear war has just started and frankly would have no need for his cash post Apoc.

No I'm not whining just stating fact, if you pay 3 times the usual value then your refinment cost's 150% for the same amount SO YOU LOOSE OUT!

now were the profiteers being fair they may add 10 or 20% to their stacks of Runestones but to triple the cost..... Speaks for itself. Wrong in anyones Economy.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    How else does one make enough AD to better their toons?
  • Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    surely thats just called an "active economy changing to the demands of the game". stop whining.

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    It's called a free market.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Shameless profiters :D
    Thats actually the cleanest way to make money!
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I really wish we had more notice then less then 1 day.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Nope, it is called you do not like the price, do not buy them. It is all about choice, and people will always try to profit more when events are running, so either pay the price or wait.
  • Options
    tegger0gtegger0g Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    no this is a bunch of farmers ripping of everyone else.
    Seriously? no one is making anyone buy anything if they don't want to
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    @OP this is part of any market brother. I owned glyphin in WoW on the server I was on and there were guys like you screaming in open chat how overpriced glyphs were..yet people continued to funnel me gold.

Supply and Demand. It's that simple.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    It's called spineless and shameless. Get used to it. They're everywhere. Just like thieves conning money from refugees to transport them.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    It is ok to rip off people who want everything now. Spoiled kids!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    If people didn't buy at those prices people wouldn't sell at them. People will buy at those prices so.........
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User

It's called a free market.

The correct terminology is cornering the market.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

If people didn't buy at those prices people wouldn't sell at them. People will buy at those prices so.........

Just like unfortunate refugees who give all their money up only to die later!!
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    Lol! How dare those evil greedy people make profit of items they farmed! Surely, they should be giving it all for free, preferably to the ones that whine the most on forum.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Some people are too negative in this game!!
  • Options
    dabeast969dabeast969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    IMO there should be a CAP on all refining stone top prices especially during a 2x refine event. No sense even doing 2x refinement when the farmers which are usually botted accounts are making a killing by jacking the price up 100%. Peridots went from ~50k a stack to 75k and that was last I looked before the servers went down. That's a 50% markup already. So if there was a CAP placed on the peridots used as an example, they could NOT be sold for more than 50k a stack or 500 per peridot. Simple solution is to CAP the max price the farmers can get and screw the "free market" Bull, as it has proven to be a broken system in real life as well.

You are feeding the AD market by allowing this, which if I remember correctly was the reason PWE changed a bunch of things in this game over the past 6 weeks.....
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    kuragkovis:

You are right in saying, that paying more than double for something that only gives you double RP is not wise.

But you are forgetting an important thing:

During 2xRP you get 2x RP for feeding an artifact, and when you feed that one into another one, you get 5x2x the RP AND again 2x for the event.

This makes runestones and enchantments more than double as efficient, which results in an appropriate higher price.

Besides this, I'm with you, when you try to explain seemingly obvious mistakes and asking people to be more cautious. There should be no reward for stupidity, but educating is a worthy goal and I approve.

But do not criticise other people for not meeting your personal standards. Pushing the price higher than usual and fooling people, making them take studpid decisions would be shameless. This is just people, not wanting to feel stupid by declining offers other people are willing to pay. People wanting to earn a profit, so they are able to buy other things, that are important to them and feeling lucky, that they don't have to put as much work into it, because they were able to identify an opportunity.

Sure, you can criticise capitalism at large and try to support fair trade. But I doubt, that everything you consume and buy is completely fair trade and not the result of any kind of "shameless profiting" of other people, which, by the way, you support with these buyings. (Just the computer, which you use to play this game is evidence)

So please, keep down the namecalling and telling us that you are better than us. :)
  • Options
    2x rp events should not exist. Seriously, punish people who can't afford to stock up on RP, reward people who are rich enough to. The poor gets poorer and the rich get richer I like crabs it's all good just give us more crabs I want crabs crabs make the game so much better who cares about 2x RP I just want crabs the heroic crab encounter where he so stoically crab-walks to challenge the invaders time after time after time in multiple instances in all universes he does the same regardless of how many times he is defeated but so long as he keeps trying he will never be defeated and even if it now takes him longer to respawn he still so bravely and valiantly and repetitively repeats the same brilliant cutscene where he charges in to avenge the deaths of his crab babies and surely though he may seldom be victorious there is glory in defeat as there are many people knocked unconscious by the big claws of Malacostraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    Geez people, you could simply not buy during event. Now you're acting like some social justice warriors or something, really.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There will always be another 2xRP. Prices will fall between them. Prices will rise when events are confirmed. Prices may not fall as much in between this and the next event since it is already confirmed.

Farm when you can and feel like it. Buy items when you like the prices. Sell items when you like the prices. RP prices, artifacts, and artifact equipment, all fall between 2xRP events because of people desperate for a sale NOWWWWWW.

Plan ahead. Seriously. Don't blame others for things you didn't choose to do, or for catering to other people who make bad decisions.

I don't like being overly mercenary on the AH, but I also never buy items when I know their prices are inflated or can be relatively certain an upcoming event will bring the price down, and I don't sell my items when I know that an event is going to make them worth more. Thanks for all the fish.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    neirgara said:

During 2xRP you get 2x RP for feeding an artifact, and when you feed that one into another one, you get 5x2x the RP AND again 2x for the event.

This makes runestones and enchantments more than double as efficient, which results in an appropriate higher price.

So does it make sense to buy a trash artifact belt, feed the trash belt, and feed my real belt with the trash belt?
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The best time to buy them is during and right after the 2xenchant/runestone event. The prices are rock bottom because there is a glut on the market. As has been pointed out they now have 2x value so for them to be twice as much would be expected. IMO Its NOT a big deal anyway. We have another one coming up in a few weeks.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Profiteers are profiteers. But for them to profit, it also takes a glutton or fool to pay their inflated prices.

Hence my suggestion: Just don't buy...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Rank 5 stacks were like 7-8k a day or two before the event : |

Anyone buying them at 20k is just stupid.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    During the 2x Enchants event, I spent all of my saved AD (around 3 months worth) on stacks of Rank 5's - got most of them between 4.4K and 5.9K on the AH. I've been saving them since. Now I'll get to use them and if I have any left over I might sell them and make a tidy profit, excellent.

Just because some of you won't save (and I'm a f2p who works full time, so you all have my earning capacity) and won't or can't make smart purchasing decisions, don't expect the rest of us to voluntarily drag ourselves down to your level.

There are some good life lessons for people here . . .

Saving - good
    Setting goals and sticking to them - good
    Making smart purchasing decisions with your money (i.e. knowing the value of something before you buy) - good
    Planning for the future - good

If you on here complaining about fluctuations in the market resulting from the age old issue of supply and demand, well you can probably figure what the bad behaviours are by looking at what you've been doing to get in the position that you are in.