What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double refinement what a joke!

Comments

• Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

During the 2x Enchants event, I spent all of my saved AD (around 3 months worth) on stacks of Rank 5's - got most of them between 4.4K and 5.9K on the AH. I've been saving them since. Now I'll get to use them and if I have any left over I might sell them and make a tidy profit, excellent.

Just because some of you won't save (and I'm a f2p who works full time, so you all have my earning capacity) and won't or can't make smart purchasing decisions, don't expect the rest of us to voluntarily drag ourselves down to your level.

There are some good life lessons for people here . . .

Saving - good
    Setting goals and sticking to them - good
    Making smart purchasing decisions with your money (i.e. knowing the value of something before you buy) - good
    Planning for the future - good

If you on here complaining about fluctuations in the market resulting from the age old issue of supply and demand, well you can probably figure what the bad behaviours are by looking at what you've been doing to get in the position that you are in.

What about people who rank up their gear because they don't have good enough gear to do things?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

What about people who rank up their gear because they don't have good enough gear to do things?

I used to just get my artifact gears to blue before stashing away all RP until double-RP so I can get the biggest bang for the buck. It's called planning and delayed gratification.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Like someone else said, I got my Arti gear to blue using "green" items and then starting saving RP. I only have purples at the moment.

The Rank5's which the OP mentioned are for Artifacts. Again I got those to Blue using enchants as I got them and again saved stuff until 2x RP then got most to purple and/or orange.

As far as other enchants - I'm only 2.8k il atm and still sporting a lot of Rank 7enchants. They will be my next target but since Thauma stones are easy enough to get, I'm more concerned about when Pres Wards are reasonably priced so I can pick up some stacks of those on the AH. Again, its about not wasting the hard earned AD.

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User

aulduron said:

How else does one make enough AD to better their toons?

By buying and selling fairly, I have 8 toons, one for each Class 4 level 70 all Epic gear all made from Grind and selling stuff for fair prices on the Auctions and playing the game, not exploiting it!

What is unfair about raising prices when demand is high, and when it's non-monetary value is higher?

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User

. Peridots went from ~50k a stack to 75k and that was last I looked before the servers went down..

And peridots went from 500 RP too 1000 RP. You're ripping off those poor sellers who didn't realize that their wares are twice as effective. You need to send them another 25K per stack, 'sploiter!

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    looomis said:

Shameless profiters :D
    Thats actually the cleanest way to make money!

If by "clean" you mean "laundering goods for bots", then yes, you're drowning in clean.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

looomis said:

Shameless profiters :D
    Thats actually the cleanest way to make money!

If by "clean" you mean "laundering goods for bots", then yes, you're drowning in clean.
    Cryptic itself said that those people are no bots :P
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    The 2x RP MUST go on.
    I farm my stones to use them when this event is on: it's my only chance to refine fast and cheap.
    If the players don't use to save their stones for the 2x RP event , they only have to blame theirselves. Period.
    The idea to delete this event is simply stupid.

Concerning the prices: they are so high because there are players who are willing to pay that prices...and there are many. You have no rights to tell them what they have to do or not. That's the market.
    If you don't want to buy during the 2x, don't do it, but don't bother the other players.
    Many times I needed 50k RPs to complete a refiniment process during 2x, and I want to buy stones at the AH. And the total cost is often acceptable.
    Let's say that you need 10k RPs to complete a task (this is just an example):
    No 2X RP event: 10 stones, each stone giving 1000 RPs, cost 500 AD each. Total cost: 5000 AD
    2X RP event: 5 stones needed, each cost 750 AD (+50% due to the market behavior). Total cost: 3750 AD.
    Finally I save 1.250 ADs.

If the price increase is less than 2x, you always save some ADs. I see this effect on the
    RK 4 stones. Usually a 99 stack costs 1.250 AD in normal conditions. During the 2x event, the price increase up to 2.900. In this case I don't buy. But often the price is 2.300 in 2x and in this case it's worth to buy.
    Otherwise you can buy some rubies at the zen market... What a deal!

My 2-cents advice: turn on you brain before whining.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    aulduron said:

. Peridots went from ~50k a stack to 75k and that was last I looked before the servers went down..

And peridots went from 500 RP too 1000 RP. You're ripping off those poor sellers who didn't realize that their wares are twice as effective. You need to send them another 25K per stack, 'sploiter!

Peridots are nothing, since people level mostly their new weapons, which dont require rp x 2. Stacks of 4s - I was lucky enough to read the patch notes right after they appeared and managed to buy some stacks for 1.5k AD each. In this short time after normal maintanance and emergency one they were sold for almost 5k AD each and after emergency one - for 4k AD each. I initally wanted to level my own enchantments, but after price skyrocketed so much and there is another event in less than a month I sold them - honestly I dont understand why would people pay 3 times more when the rp for it is just double, but I guess... thats how economy works.

Also here is a tip about rp - you dont collect RP while event is on. You use RP you accumulated earlier. If you havent managed to stash anything - just avoid it, you arent going to gain anything.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    Calm down.
    Botters will sell more RP tomorrow.
    After this 2xRP ends, next 2xRP begins on Dec. 31
    There is no reason to panic.
    Wait and price will eventually decrease.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User

2 hours ago 99 Empowered Runestones cost 8000 ads

did you think about the fact that no bots and gold sellers, market prices would be much higher in normal times ?
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ghoulz66 said:

If people didn't buy at those prices people wouldn't sell at them. People will buy at those prices so.........

Just like unfortunate refugees who give all their money up only to die later!!
    @ghoulz66
    At the tiny difference that this is a game where no one's life is at stake and comparing it to a real-life life-threatening event is just plain stupid and completely out of proportion...
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User

neirgara said:

During 2xRP you get 2x RP for feeding an artifact, and when you feed that one into another one, you get 5x2x the RP AND again 2x for the event.

This makes runestones and enchantments more than double as efficient, which results in an appropriate higher price.

So does it make sense to buy a trash artifact belt, feed the trash belt, and feed my real belt with the trash belt?
    This doesn't work for artifact equipment. You'll always lose RP by doing that.
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Although some people profiteer by buying up loads of stacks of enchantments in advance and then dumping them at 4-5x the value for RP events, we all know that the source of the enchants is bots, and the bots up their prices during the events along with the profiteers. The whole thing is bot driven, so let's not pretend it's all healthy economics.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Well, I bought up stacks at 4K and now I've used most of them but sold enough at 15K to purchase the Coalescent wards I need. People can't be complaining that much since as fast as I could put them on the AH, they were being bought.

I love 2x RP time - I've refined 4 Arti's ( on two alts) to max rank and one Arti weapon to Orange, now just need to upgrade.

:)
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The should just do , what we have said, every 3rd weekend, is double RP, every month.. so we can all save and just use it at that point.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    FYI, since Blood Rubies are on the Zen market at a set price, there is technically a cap in price.

People complaining about prices going up when something is more valuable is just funny. Plan ahead, stock up, and wait for the next 2xRp yourself and profit. And again, nobody is forcing you to buy anything....if you dont like the prices, wait.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

The 2x RP MUST go on.

I farm my stones to use them when this event is on: it's my only chance to refine fast and cheap.

If the players don't use to save their stones for the 2x RP event , they only have to blame theirselves. Period.

The idea to delete this event is simply stupid.

Concerning the prices: they are so high because there are players who are willing to pay that prices...and there are many. You have no rights to tell them what they have to do or not. That's the market.

If you don't want to buy during the 2x, don't do it, but don't bother the other players.

Many times I needed 50k RPs to complete a refiniment process during 2x, and I want to buy stones at the AH. And the total cost is often acceptable.

Let's say that you need 10k RPs to complete a task (this is just an example):

No 2X RP event: 10 stones, each stone giving 1000 RPs, cost 500 AD each. Total cost: 5000 AD

2X RP event: 5 stones needed, each cost 750 AD (+50% due to the market behavior). Total cost: 3750 AD.

Finally I save 1.250 ADs.

If the price increase is less than 2x, you always save some ADs. I see this effect on the

RK 4 stones. Usually a 99 stack costs 1.250 AD in normal conditions. During the 2x event, the price increase up to 2.900. In this case I don't buy. But often the price is 2.300 in 2x and in this case it's worth to buy.

Otherwise you can buy some rubies at the zen market... What a deal!

My 2-cents advice: turn on you brain before whining.

You're not properly accounting for the opportunity cost. If you waited and bought those stones when the cost went down and then waited to use them during the next 2x RP event then you'd save the most AD.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,246 Arc User
    If you don't prepare, you pay the price. When the RP was cheap, why didn't you buy it at that time? That does not take any space in your mail box. There is no inventory issue. For those who have to choose the worst time to buy, I am sorry. You should plan this better. In fact, why bother to buy at all? Just farm that yourself. i.e. spend your own time to farm the RP. There is no free lunch.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    @defiantone99

The same happened with purple gear, that was farmed in dungeons and varied in price, partly depending on new builds being promoted by other players. And after the possibility of farming sellable gear in this quantity was removed everyone was unhappy.

Nothing is wrong with that, except that people, who did not make the right decision (like planning in advance) want other people, who did that to not get rewarded for that. It's "If I stumble, everyone needs to fall down with me!"
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,246 Arc User
    Another recent example, Young Yeti.

Before mod 8, the price went to 10K.
    Last week, for whatever reason that I don't know or understand. It got popular and went to 280K.
    Now, 80K.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2015

DOUBLE REFINEMENT what a joke 2 hours ago 99 Empowered Runestones cost 8000 ads now they cost 25000-30000, so I got 3 times as much for my ads, havent used them yet soo Nice bonus and I have enough to turn my Plaguefire atleast to rank 12.

My point is there are to many shamless profitiers who think the majority of players are stupid, So don't buy Refinement from the Auctions now wait until the event is over and then buy and bank your runestones for the next event, stop the shamless profitiering, I hate it everyting I sell I put up at the cheep rate, Or give it away to friends.

Oh and Don't reply with comments about markets and Economy, its got nothing to do with it, This is the sort of activity you expect from someone who would sell a 50p bottle of water to person Dying of thirst for £500 when the Nuclear war has just started and frankly would have no need for his cash post Apoc.

No I'm not whining just stating fact, if you pay 3 times the usual value then your refinment cost's 150% for the same amount SO YOU LOOSE OUT!

now were the profiteers being fair they may add 10 or 20% to their stacks of Runestones but to triple the cost..... Speaks for itself. Wrong in anyones Economy.

If people can afford to buy things, without even the most basic of research into price fluctuations, then they can afford the marked up prices. Those of us that have to work a little harder to earn our AD do our best to get the best value for it.
    It's the age old debate... who truly understands/appreciates the value of things? Is it the rich, to whom money is no object? Or is it the average guys who's had to sweat to earn his dollar?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Another recent example, Young Yeti.

Before mod 8, the price went to 10K.
    Last week, for whatever reason that I don't know or understand. It got popular and went to 280K.
    Now, 80K.

That be supply drying up, making the Young Yeti market thin and more prone to price fluctuation. Most people are grinding underdark and don't have time to do Need for Mead.
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    macjae said:

First, you are looking at the problem from the wrong perspective. Bots aren't a problem -- bots are HELPFUL for players. If not for bots, prices on refinement materials would be much, much higher (and they have been at times). Buying refinement materials at the prices the developers have set? That would *truly* leave you broke, and not getting very far at all. The core problem is that the reward structure and design of the game promotes tedious repetitive activities which can be easily botted, while avoiding giving appropriate rewards for activities that humans tend to enjoy and that aren't as easy to bot. So the logical alternatives are:
    1) be happy that there are bots to keep the prices fair and manageable;
    2) the developers redesign their entire game reward system to reward human players more while sticking it to bots;
    3) neither of the above, and live in squalor where progression beyond a certain point is virtually impossible.

Yup, got it spot on. The end game in its current state would basically be unplayable without the bots, people would never be able to get the RP for enchantments or artifacts.

If I had control I'd look at getting rid of all the various RP types and just stick to one universal set (like the peridots) that will refine everything, meaning you can't use botted enchants etc. any more. Then make these so that they're guaranteed rewards in the things can't be botted (like epic dungeons), together with lots of account-bound capped daily rewards for other things (like the various daily/weekly quests). And make sure they give a lot of RP. That way people don't need to use bots to progress, and they get decent and useful rewards for their efforts.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    To make a market you need 3 things:
    1. A willing seller.
    2. A willing buyer.
    3. Goods bought and sold at an agreed upon price.
    To make a lively forum discussion you need 2 more things:
    1. Outraged wealth redistributionists who think profits are too high and in their greed that they (the wealth redistributionists) should get a large part of the profit instead..
    2. People who say, "I want it, I want it right now and I don't care what the price is."