test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some things that need to be addressed in the next patch please!

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
Hey guys, this patch addressed Prism, well done on that. I see you are trying to fix issues causing lag like Avalanche and Prism and it is much appreciated. A couple of things that really need to be fixed and/or changed imho that I'd like to suggest:

1) Please fix thorned roots vs Transcendent Elven Battle Enchantment. It is very well documented and 100% reproducible.

2) The drowned weapon set is great but it's giving 100% heal, at least it does this for everyone so a fix will be equal. 50% is plenty of self healing :)

3) Check out come and get it on GWF it is proccing a damage dot that is not WAI

4) New Rings in PVP... Permastealth HR/CW/GWF etc... really? I'm sure TR's would love to have unstoppable or guardian block or Pally CC immunity class features in a ring as well. Guys this is silly. Also the stealth reveal rings? Really? How about rings that make you drop block or take you out of unstoppable? Just bad decision guys. Don't negate a class by giving its defining feature to other classes please.

5) Repel ring (cowardice) has no cool down I'm sure this is not WAI.

6) Please fix drop rate of motes for weapon HE's. Making us grind 100 of the largest HE in the zone to get a weapon is just an affliction, what did we do to you to deserve this punishment? If we apologize can we cut that in half or less? Or just make it so all HE's always drop at least 1 and the biggest HE drops 2?

7) Please address the immortality of Paladins in PVP. I understand their importance in PVE dungeons and I'm guessing that's why changes made to the class are slow but Binding oath giving 8 sec of immunity and almost 30 seconds of immunity with bubble as well as a full bar of temp HP with templars wrath... this is the most boring class to ever exist in PVP makes a node moot, you can't kill Pallies or anyone they are with. Do something about this please ( I have a pally and I think they are boringly OP, takes no skill and little gear to be ridiculous).

8) This explorer boon gives deflect as an offensive stat? Why? I know you guys want us to take it to advance master crafting but at least be consistent please. If it is an offensive boon give it combat advantage or some such or simply up the amount of offensive stats from the other abilities it gives and get rid of deflect.

9) How about letting us build all the structures for each guild stronghold so every class can select the boons that are BIS for it's particular build. Having to leave one out is just silly and unnecessary, just add another plot for it please?

10) The version of POM that allows mobs to daze you and must be cleared by standing in circles is silly. You spend half the skirmish chasing blue circles that disappear as soon as you stand in them. This is a poor mechanic, the others are fine/challenging but noone likes running in circles chasing randomly spawning blue cleansing circles as part of the "fight".

These are the main things that stick out to me at the moment. Thanks for your time and efforts to make this game better.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• Options
    klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    do you realise that negation is a partial unstopable machanic, and stealth ring is partial stealth machanic.
    so basically everyone is running around with a partial unstopable.
  • Options
    klayl771 said:

do you realise that negation is a partial unstopable machanic, and stealth ring is partial stealth machanic.

Negation is not a partial unstoppable mechanic, if anything it's akin to Countless scars feat from GWF it adds DR, it does not give you CC immunity nor aid you in building stacks of Destroyer. The rings are not a partial stealth mechanic, HRs and CWs can literally jump and shoot at wills and stay stealthed. Negation is simply added DR, there are no classes that it steals abilities from, it simply makes all classes tankier.

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    11) random crashes, especially when entering dungeon and skirmishes instances

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2015

klayl771 said:

Negation is not a partial unstoppable mechanic, if anything it's akin to Countless scars feat from GWF it adds DR, it does not give you CC immunity nor aid you in building stacks of Destroyer. The rings are not a partial stealth mechanic, HRs and CWs can literally jump and shoot at wills and stay stealthed. Negation is simply added DR, there are no classes that it steals abilities from, it simply makes all classes tankier.

Thanks for your reply.
    I don't see why invisibility is specifically a Rogue characteristic I grant that they haven't used it on other classes before, but I always thought that was a weakness in their design. Certainly wizards should be able to do invisibility.

From a D&D perspective, the ability to machine gun knives while invisible is a special kind of OP.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    So now in pvp we have a ring that gives everyone the defining trait of rogues, and another ring that negates such trait?
    Wow so nice for rogues...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Fixing the differences in the length of the Skirmishes would also be appreciated. Currently they are fluctuating between various times, some of the stages do not allow enough time to get gold even if the players do every thing perfectly. It would also be appreciated if you cut down on the time stages take... running around getting portals and killing easy demons for 5 minutes is boring, and then when this is followed up by another stage of 5 minutes killing demons it gets even worse.

Finally, can you fix the normal Demogorgon fight so that if you hit gold in stage 1 it will advance to stage 2 automatically? Sitting around in the fight doing nothing for 2 minutes is seriously boring
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I've always thought that skirmishes and dungeons should be fused into the same category, skirmishes were supposed to be short, but there are some that take more than some dungeons, so what's the difference now?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options

klayl771 said:

Thanks for your reply.
    I don't see why invisibility is specifically a Rogue characteristic I grant that they haven't used it on other classes before, but I always thought that was a weakness in their design. Certainly wizards should be able to do invisibility.

From a D&D perspective, the ability to machine gun knives while invisible is a special kind of OP.
    I'm not coming from a D&D perspective, this game is "Based" off of D&D but game mechanics have to be managed in terms of play and class balancing. Stealth is THE defesnive mechanism for rogues, it also gives them their damage. Rogues actually have very low base damage which is why they rely on crit, crit severity, and piercing damage that comes from stealth now.

Giving stealth to other classes gives them yet another layer of defense that is not intended by game mechanics. A GWF, or GF, or Pally for example is meant to have high defense mechanisms to be tanks or off tanks, they should never be given stealth as well it's silly. CW's have dodges, CC, and shield as defensive mechanisms. DC's have heals and debuffs and DR spells. HR's have a limited form of stealth, high deflect, and insane amounts of CC. SW's are the least defensive class but they have the ability to lifesteal from various feats and shadowslip for extra DR.

Would it be fair to give TR's unstoppable, a shield, or empowered stealth? No, it would be silly. By the same token would it be fair to give TRs rings that break unstoppable, shield, or remove other defensive mechanisms? No, that would also be imbalancing the classes. It's simple, don't give all classes the mechanisms from another class, nor the ability to negate it. We play the classes we like for their mechanics, don't break mechanics please.

Thanks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Please fix the random crashs and freezes of the game that was introduced with the last patch and please look into the soundsystem of the game, because it generates a lot of soundbugs.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    "10) The version of POM that allows mobs to daze you and must be cleared by standing in circles is silly. You spend half the skirmish chasing blue circles that disappear as soon as you stand in them. This is a poor mechanic, the others are fine/challenging but noone likes running in circles chasing randomly spawning blue cleansing circles as part of the "fight"."

This is the one reason I will not run the new skirmises or demo again. Maybe give the DC a way to clear Madness from the team or something.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User

"10) The version of POM that allows mobs to daze you and must be cleared by standing in circles is silly. You spend half the skirmish chasing blue circles that disappear as soon as you stand in them. This is a poor mechanic, the others are fine/challenging but noone likes running in circles chasing randomly spawning blue cleansing circles as part of the "fight"."

This is the one reason I will not run the new skirmises or demo again. Maybe give the DC a way to clear Madness from the team or something.

There is equipment that reduce madness.
    We cannot access it yet.
    But as soon as we can, that skirm will go from impossible to way too easy lol

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

I find it more annoying and irritating than a fun challenge mechanic. The reason why I only run the other skirmish. Chasing blue zones that magically disappear when you go towards them is plain bad. I ran to one, it went out, then the 2nd I went towards went out!! I'm just running around wasting the group's time and failing them because these stupid things keep wanting to go out at the perfect time.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    random freezes caused y some lightning powers from enemies.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

klayl771 said:

Thanks for your reply.
    When taking damage you gain damage resistance, how is that not a gwf machanic?
    And why in hell so many rogues running around with a cleric class artifect, dont use it.
  • Options
    klayl771 said:

klayl771 said:

Thanks for your reply.
    And why in hell so many rogues running around with a cleric class artifect, dont use it.
    Your logic is so misconstrued that I don't really know how to address you. All gear gives damage resistance of some sort. Negation simply gives you stacks of it. Does it break CC? If it does then I will grant you your nonsensical argument, does it give you temporary hit points? No? Ok, please learn about class mechanics before you continue to post uninformed opinions, tnks.

Artifacts are available to all classes and don't borrow from that classes mechanics in a way that negates the classs... at all. DC artifact grants AP, every class has feats that increase AP gain, again you are making very weak invalid arguments here and I have to disagree heartily that stealing stealth from TRs and giving it to other classes, while also giving other classes the ability to negate it is bad mechanics... ask any TR I believe they'll agree with me.

Tnks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

• Options

klayl771 said:

klayl771 said:

Thanks for your reply.
    Your logic is so misconstrued that I don't really know how to address you. All gear gives damage resistance of some sort. Negation simply gives you stacks of it. Does it break CC? If it does then I will grant you your nonsensical argument, does it give you temporary hit points? No? Ok, please learn about class mechanics before you continue to post uninformed opinions, tnks.

Artifacts are available to all classes and don't borrow from that classes mechanics in a way that negates the classs... at all. DC artifact grants AP, every class has feats that increase AP gain, again you are making very weak invalid arguments here and I have to disagree heartily that stealing stealth from TRs and giving it to other classes, while also giving other classes the ability to negate it is bad mechanics... ask any TR I believe they'll agree with me.

Tnks for your time.
    Its damage resistance coming from taking damage not passive damage resistance.
    It goes like this, when gwf take damage he she gets angry and gos berserk feels not much pain nor anything else.

Negation works the same way, when taking damage you than gain damage resistance, not a pasaive damage resistance.

The cc temp health part, is a part of unstopable, thats why i said partial.

And i play a warrior class like, gwf in this game.

Uninformed! WTF.

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    What we need in the next patch is the following:

1) Twisted Ichor is NOT dropping from Epic Demo. Tested and confirmed on multiple people on both Silver and Gold runs

2) Explorers Charts need to be obtainable from rank 6 Marketplace - we can't progress further in Masterwork professions as is :(
  • Options
    klayl771 said:

klayl771 said:

klayl771 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Tnks for your time.
    Its damage resistance coming from taking damage not passive damage resistance.
    It goes like this, when gwf take damage he she gets angry and gos berserk feels not much pain nor anything else.

Negation works the same way, when taking damage you than gain damage resistance, not a pasaive damage resistance.

The cc temp health part, is a part of unstopable, thats why i said partial.

And i play a warrior class like, gwf in this game.

Uninformed! WTF.

Uninformed and still unable to understand, if you're going to make comparisons countless scars feat is the only similarity. You build stacks of DR based on how many times you are hit with both negation and the countless scars feat. You simply get DR when you go unstoppable a fixed amount depending on your determination which is built by damaging other players as well as taking damage. If you rely soley on taking damage to go unstoppable you're playing GWF wrong. You still don't come across as someone who knows what negation does, nor the mechanics of unstoppable but you're not going to stop arguing an illegitimate point so I will bow out of your monologue debate for now, tnks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    isn't fire weapon (Burning wep) same as water? i heard is restoring to 100% AP every 20-30sec CD,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2015

4) New Rings in PVP... Permastealth HR/CW/GWF etc... really? I'm sure TR's would love to have unstoppable or guardian block or Pally CC immunity class features in a ring as well. Guys this is silly. Also the stealth reveal rings? Really? How about rings that make you drop block or take you out of unstoppable? Just bad decision guys. Don't negate a class by giving its defining feature to other classes please.

I was in PVP yesterday when, while standing on a node, I was attacked by a steathed GWF that had apparently run at Maserati speed across half the map in heavy armor to launch the games strongest melee attack while I couldn't see him. Just perfect. I wasn't even ticked .... I didnt' even fight back ... I just lay there on the ground laughing and laughing til I had to respawn. The absurdity of it all makes me wonder if there is any thought process to this game at all.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    l3thin4th said:

There is equipment that reduce madness.
    We cannot access it yet.
    But as soon as we can, that skirm will go from impossible to way too easy lol

While possibly true it is yet another pointless feature. So I need yet another set of armor with bonuses that really serve no point outside of doing underdark stuff. And once I have the armor and boons I wont really have a need to keep doing those quests so I'll no longer have any need for the armor.

Yet another Cryptic circle of stupidity.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Think it's about time they did something to try and deal with perma-stealth. They can get rid of the stealth rings for all i care, but they need to keep the rings that uncover stealth.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The above is a resolution problem, not a game problem. If you have the screen really small or windowed, the arrows and boxes dont line up.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Love it. Please fix all the problems for the people that are L70 and have everything, their lives are hard and you need to make all their problems go away....Affluencia at it's best IMO :)

How about that other 80%+ of us first and then your "big" problems?
    Fix AD costs and generation rates for non-grinders. Take AD off boons and crafting.
    Fix the queing and disconnect problems....it's been how long now?
    Fix and balance classes to PVE world first, make ALL the feat/paragon trees work not just select ones (hello SW has only one viable build?) THEN figure out how to make it work while in PVP mode, without fracking up PVE.
    Fix some way that all the meriad of RP items don't take all our bag space as promised, remember when you changed refining and promised it was going to make it "easier" and less "bag intensive", epic fail there, it's ever more complicated, expensive and more bag intensive.

There is far more to go, but this would be a good start. 80%+ of us don't have L12 enchants to complain about, we don't have 1m AD sitting around to pay for boons or crafting, we aren't L70 and have wizzbang rings to whine about. We aren't L70 so we can't even do the HE's (which most of us detest btw) in campaigns to even moan about drop rates of motes.

A vast amount of us aren't of a level sufficient to even get into underdark Mod8, (most calling it a 1/2 mod really) to even do the skirmishes that makeyou do the hokey pokey with blue rings. SH problems? LOL more than half of the player base are either not in a guild, in a guild too small to even get to the explorers guild building, or even give a flying leap about the hot mess SH is.....What we resent is: crafting (a solo process until this SH mess) being gated behind craptastic guild content we will never get through to continue on our crafting development.

All this QQ with the exception of the "fix the disconnect" posts are of the type of whine like this:
    "The damn city bus is slowing down my stretch, Jeeves, can't you get around it? Don't those peons on that bus know who I am and how important I am? If those nobodies on the city bus can't stop blocking my limo...they should just stay home! Miss Smith, send a note to Reggie later today, ask him to do something about this public transportation "problem", they are just taking to much of the road and holding up my limoI Are we still on for golf saturday?" "Remind him that he is MY senator, he is on the payroll to take care of these "annoyances" .....", "filthy low renters...using up my tax paid for road......*grumble*"
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User

The above is a resolution problem, not a game problem. If you have the screen really small or windowed, the arrows and boxes dont line up.

ops... thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    mattsacre said:

Love it. Please fix all the problems for the people that are L70 and have everything, their lives are hard and you need to make all their problems go away....Affluencia at it's best IMO :)
    How about that other 80%+ of us first and then your "big" problems?

Every time you ever post Matt it's a misinformed assumption about those you perceive to have everything. These are general fixes m8, try knocking the underdog chip off your proletariat shoulder. I have no problems with your suggestions and seeing as how you feel I missed some potential fixes that should take priority why don't you write your own post so I can give you a +1 rather than target people you seem to have vested interest in making out to be privileged... There's no glass ceiling here m8, just 0's 1's and pixels.

Noone likes disconnects, whether they "have" or "have not"...
    Everyone would love things to be cheaper or free.

To act as though you're some spokesperson for the less fortunate of Neverwinter every time you make a post and that everyone you assume has it all in game has nothing worthwhile to say is immature and unfortunate. Get down off the cross bro... someone needs the wood for professions.

Thanks for your reply.

P.S. Your analogies have still not improved, perhaps you should find a new theme for communicating your dissatisfaction about your apparent lack of assets and/or the resources necessary to obtain them.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    skalt112 said:

Think it's about time they did something to try and deal with perma-stealth. They can get rid of the stealth rings for all i care, but they need to keep the rings that uncover stealth.

I've always thought stealth is THE best defensive mechanic in the game, however, I don't think giving out rings to moot out the TR's primary defensive mechanic is a good idea. I think they need to get rid of both sets of rings, those that give stealth, and those that reveal stealth and adjust TR's like every other class... by making changes to their powers/abilities/mechanics not by allowing other players to farm a ring that destroys the class mechanics. At best it's a poorly designed, easy fix.

Thanks for your reply.

imgur pics don't work